Atheism

Remember the rise of atheism and the atheist community during the late '00s? Share some of your memories from those days.

Attached: AmazingAtheist.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmH7JUeVQb8
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chainlink/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It seems like tonnes of alt-right and Jow Forums-type Americans went through a hard atheist phase during this era. Literally, almost of them, it seems.

I remember that guy he put fruit in his butt.

I remember talking to atheists in those days. I soon realized how retarded they were and never did it again...

TJ Kirk's channel has been in freefall for the last year.
Basically, the whole generation that was 13 in 2007 has grown up, finished college and are being adults now. No time for youtube bullshit.

I can see that. While I'm still atheist, I used to be left leaning between 2008-2015. Now my political views are close to what Styx is.

I remember watching the texas-based "atheist experience" show in 05? 06?. Anyway.
The banana argument was all the rage back then: Kirk Kameron claimed that the banana was shaped to fit the hand. So a caller wanted to educate Matt Dilahunty on this, and asked him why a banana fits in the hand, to get the answer that it also fits in the butt (a foreshadowing of the TJ video maybe.) Then the discussion changed on whether Matt could produce a banana in his hand out of thin air, to which he replied that he could produce something resembling a banana. Good laughs.

Then, he appeared in drag, and it was so cringy
Then a lesbian couple took over the show and it was shit.

Anyway.
The cringe.

Attached: DOLANFIS.jpg (647x434, 55K)

America's religiosity compared to western Europe is sort of modern phenomenon (modern as in post WW2). America went through a massive revival movement during the 40s, 50s and early 60s with Billy Graham and all that. Also, Yanks saw themselves as opposed to atheistic communism.

That religiosity remained stable until the 00s when it has gone into massive decline.

Why is this?

Attached: download.png (240x210, 6K)

I remember atheists shoving food up their asses....

>styx
>cringe

Used to listen to some called Bert Keen.. I think his name was. He had videos that made sense to me. Pity he went fucking insane like some other atheist people.

I also watched Atheist experience all the time. Amazing atheist, thunderf00t, etc. Honestly, all those youtubers solidified a set of strong libertarian values. I might have turned into a shitlib without their influence.

Because before "Atheism plus" and all the pos that came with neo-marxist infiltration into the skeptic scene, youtube skeptics and atheists ACTUALLY DEBATED. The debates were cringey, but the skeptic community didn't call Christians bigots and xenophobes and tried to run them off the internet, they wanted to "pwn" them and win an argument over them.

I carried these ideals of "if someone is wrong, they can be proven wrong. they shouldn't be shouted down", which eventually led me down a rabbit hole and now it is obvious why marxists had to infiltrate youtube skeptic circles. Because when you cultivate that mentality of "open, honest public discourse curates only the best ideas", marxism and leftism, patriarchy and oppression, quickly get debunked as nonsense. Nationalism and ethnic homogenity quickly become apparent that they are optimal for society. And das ist verboten.

Attached: B814BA8F-6C73-4C5C-83F4-69AC368BB12A.png (640x480, 532K)

Attached: 7D4C5D8D-9792-49A0-8068-AEF0602D2233.jpg (1280x960, 233K)

They are a minority like trannies and kikes. Unfortunately the minority has the majority of top spots spewing their bullshit like evolutionism.

Attached: F3A43E1B-DC3B-4307-B6D7-3E487AD4DAEB.png (491x655, 215K)

Attached: AF1A71C1-FFE0-40BB-9C79-C1D5186A923E.jpg (640x480, 71K)

Individuation under the influence of the internet.

Attached: EEFFBBA3-67A4-4EC9-BC18-CA78E3C718AD.jpg (456x480, 96K)

Jesus loves you

Attached: EEE6A22A-BA72-4C9D-B411-DF09E3DB5ECF.jpg (480x640, 235K)

i was an atheist back then. i think it's a phase all kids go through trying to figure out the contradicitons of the bible. i mean you got christians running around saying jesus is god when the book of genesis clearly states otherwise so it can be quit confusing. the ultimate outcome is to settle on agnosticism and admit the existence of god is possible.

Attached: 236AA550-96B2-4482-8A2D-2B4E37A53D67.jpg (1280x1024, 338K)

Atheism is itself a religion, and moreover it's the worst possible religion. It's a proactive negation of something that's unprovable by definition. It's just as logically dysfunctional as every traditional religion, without offering any of the structure, history, or stability.

Attached: B0A694C4-DCEC-4EBA-BF33-2F46169B20B5.jpg (582x482, 82K)

Did your church tell you to do that?

Attached: 19992DBD-456F-4FF8-94B0-C3916C75A312.jpg (640x480, 114K)

Attached: F5072E6A-3BB4-4F7A-B2DF-D31E2BE1419D.jpg (640x480, 104K)

I think the existance of God is possible but the Abrahamic conceptions of god are very unlikely.
Also, I find that using agnosticism in that way is very misleading.
If you don't believe in God, just use the word atheist; agnosticism should be reserved for the belief that it isn't possible to know either way.
Essentially an epistemological claim.

Kind of based desu

That's a tired and frankly stupid argument. My disbelief of an exact clone of myself living a comfortable life on Neptune is not a religion.

Thanks to those idiots we got the sjw snowflakes of today.

So what you're saying is, witches are real?

last image and friendly reminder Zionist Christcucks are 10x worse than the biggest MLP atheist 300 pound LARPer

Attached: 678F1E85-C267-45F9-A8CD-6C1039812C54.jpg (860x1148, 163K)

You’re a pussy

Attached: DC19FC0E-67A3-4537-AD88-AAAE1EB2108B.jpg (200x288, 27K)

the text in this one is actually kinda sweet innit

True to the last word.
I heard most of the terms in pic related on that show. The "atheist community", at least those famous online, presented a singular wit and a kindness of heart that I found appealing. Maybe I didn't agree with them but I could imagine having a beer with thunderf00t, say.
Nowadays, these people have been casted out on various charges of misogyny. Kind of sad.

Dilahunty debated JP recently, did you catch that?
youtube.com/watch?v=FmH7JUeVQb8

Attached: arguing.jpg (1600x1131, 733K)

Fuck every one of you atheist faggots, who thought it was a good idea to bring up religion in mmo’s, especially Guild Wars during random arena downtime.

No matter the oscillations in my understanding and inner "belief" in Jesus, despite being there when these jewmerican faggot degenerates started to gain traction, listening to them never, ever converted me.

I never said it to myself that I'm "an atheist". Looking back on it now, with the arguments and all they made, TJ faggot, Pat Condell faggot and all other miserable faggots....I just cringe. Cringe at myself for wasting time listening to them, and my intellectual curiosity.

At the end of the day I'm in no better position than my grandparents who never wasted their time on "research" they just kept it simple. Waste of fucking time.

Todays teens go thru the same, their Main Boss at the final level is that faggot imbecile charlatan jude kike demented weakling faggot Peterson. I've seen so many young fall under his talmudic semantic spell...

Perhaps I didn't fall for it because many atheists were loud, brash and too "in ya face!" so it called for being skeptical about their selling tactics. Peterstein, Samuel Harris and such, they are much more advanced enemies of the soul.

Attached: we-will-save-the-west.jpg (1203x967, 301K)

I remember Vox Day putting out a book that tackled the major arguments put forth by dawkins, hitchens, harris, etc.

Was an entertaining read, and Harris especially got thrashed. Harris kinda faded from the public view after that, doubt it was a coincidence.

Attached: christian crusades muslims.jpg (1024x872, 118K)

i'm not interested in watching debates post christofer hitchens. all of these men are smart. they know in 2018 there's some things, no matter how true and readily apparent, you aren't allowed to say.

anyone of any serious intellectual caliber isnt stupid enough to have a real debate about real issues.

Atheism has no legs to stand on. Funny how it naturally fizzed out. Just pseudo-intellectuals like Richard Dawkins ascribe to it, even as he expresses Christian values. Fucking hypocrite.

He certainly made a lot of money from it.

You are cherry-picking the most extreme form of atheism. In general, an atheist is one that simply says "prove it, until then I don't believe".
Even in it's most extreme form of renunciation though, it is a far less damaging mind-virus than religion.
You can see the Christ-cucks on Jow Forums every day touting their wares, trying desperately to collect enough souls "converts" so that their daemon overlord won't burn them when they die, it is an ugly form of mercantile cowardice.
At least an atheist goes bravely into the dark, needing no guarantees and certainly does not trade in the faith of others for his own security.

Attached: 1519700900329.png (850x797, 1.06M)

I thought atheists weren't into non sequiturs?

Attached: 1520969518904.png (693x462, 460K)

Why people ever followed this no-name banana fucking faggot I’ll never understand.

We have overwhelming abundance that metaphysical evil exists, even a child can logically deduce metaphysical good must exist in opposition. Therefore God / Logos / Conscientiousness is a conclusion many of us have come to. (((They))) tried to keep it hidden from us. But as Christ says: The Truth will set you free.

Attached: John1462.jpg (650x352, 78K)

Your 1st world atheists are a fucking joke. Basically kids trying to spite their parents with contrarian opinion. Here on post-USSR space we have real atheists - they never scream out loud about it, never tip fedoras, many even pretend to be Christian, but inside they have complete absence of God and any spirituality at all, and it leads to all sorts of degeneracy.

But dawkins doesnt espouse christian values..?

The VenomFangX and bananaman pwn

> Inmendham

Attached: download (1).jpg (259x194, 5K)

Peterson isn't really that convincing either.
The only reason his shit is popular is because a lot of people are tired of the 'in ya face!" tactic,
so if some guy comes along that seems to be reasonable, uses some smart words, and refuses to play along with trannies,
it's not a miracle that they think he's some great intellectual.
Actually hearing Jordan Peterson talks makes it clear that he mainly profits from not making his beliefs explicit,
and instead just shrouds it behind a Jungian mystique and pandering to the crowd.

its almost as if the alt-right faggots are all just impressionable retards

Nice argument.

This dude is just butthurt bc he has a micro-penis

Religion that devoutly believes in the absence of meaning/purpose in life.
Stop wasting everyone's time and kill yourselves.

His moral virtues, his espousement of gospel, poems and admiration for the sound of 'church bells'. He exudes Christian values which he expresses as 'secularism'. In other words, his value structure is not derived from a blank slate.

Read between the lines.

Hey guys have you read The God Delusion yet?

>We have overwhelming abundance that metaphysical evil exists
I suppose I should thank the bloody kikes for making evil so crystal clear for me to see. It makes everything else easier when it is just out in the open.

Attached: 10-year-old-transgender-boy-founds-dating-site-for-trans-kids-6118.jpg (620x340, 120K)

The only thing worth remembering is how faggots in the US took atheism and turned it into a religion.

I long for the days when fedora tipping neckbearded europhiafag atheists and furries were the cringiest things on the internet.

Read between the lines?
Oh sure, if we're reading 'between' the lines then your last paragraph also said
>i am a massive poo poo head
If we're inserting stuff into blank spaces to win debates now

>"prove it, until then I don't believe"
not atheism
>far less damaging mind-virus
How so? Religion is a random set of axioms. The axiom of atheism is that random sets of axioms can't exist. Not that they don't exist, that they can't.

Attached: 1522698178189.png (397x398, 204K)

admit it, atheism is a morally corrupt religion.

Pretty much this.

Yup. Although the greatest show on earth is inherently better

DEUS VULT

All crusades are just.

Whatever. You're being unreasonable, God knows why.

I've watched hundreds of hours of Dawkins and actually enjoyed reading God Delusion, it's evident to me his moral foundation is Christianity. The same can be said for Sam Harris, another staunch atheist. You may fall into the same category.

My religious education teacher at catholic school used to be a massive bitch to me so I decided to watch all the new age atheist shit. Watching Cult of Dusty dispel “LAH-JIK” on Christcucks gave me the feeling of intellectual superiority and that I was apart of the enlightened ones who just “got it”. Then I realized that logic is nothing more than an Ancient Greek construct used to effectively manipulate the world and not some sacred untouchable concept that was beyond reproach. That saying logic as a catchphrase was cringey and stupid. Turning the lack of religion into a cult of sorts and bullying people for trying to live moral and rightous life’s eventually made me realize how pointless it all was. Now I hate degeneracy more than anything and can clearly see religion as the ultimate motivatior towards better human behaviour, I wish there were more christcucks in the world. Still don’t believe in anything but I have nothing but contempt for fedora tippers to this day. Take a shower you filthy bastards.

Attached: 27C266D7-FE1A-4993-A785-06C994FD5F9B.jpg (471x471, 28K)

>00s when it has gone into massive decline.
We've been watching religious priests ass-raping children, beheading children, turning entire countries into living shit holes. Fuck religion. Nobody needs it

Attached: GOD.png (862x1204, 922K)

I remember him making it to Finnish mainstream media in 2007 because our first edgy school shooter Pekka-Eric Auvinen was a fan of his.

I don't remember ever hearing any normie talk anything about religion in public or Finnish Internet until some weirdos started to larp American atheist activists in those late 00s. It was particularly cringy here since this has been so secular nation for decades that spiritual apathy is the real state religion.

>sips n tips

But thats where you're wrong. There morals arent christian, otherwise theyd be calling for genocide and slavery and all the other wonderful things in the bible like removing feet.
They're morals derive from the same place those people who were born into christianity but rejected its teachings did.
They may have been born under a religious cloud but all were smart enough to drop the bullshit.
Charity and compassion and rational thinking are not exclusively god given user

Cant believe i spelt their wrong twice. Damn :/

You really cant see his point? The thing is, even if Dawkins (and most of atheist) try to make a distinction between their morals and the religion wich those moral values are founded on, the principles are still derivated from christianity (inherit value and dignity of the human been, compasion, moderated individualism, tolerance, etc)

All institutions get corrupted over time. I think this is a truism we need to accept and repeat as a mantra. Vigilance is needed at all times.

God needs to be decoupled from religion for his presence to prosper on Earth.

How do you mantain a religius dogma without religius institutions?

religious*

You're being a pedant. They pick and chose the good Christian values. But they are still Christian values.

Other cultures & civilisations have a different definition of Good - that's my point here.

>weirdos started to larp American atheist activists in those late 00s
It really got bad when feminists injected themselves into the 'atheist movement' here. They took atheism and turned it into a method for creating social change. I forget how it was worded but the idea of not believing in God wasn't enough for them so they had to make other goals like equality, eliminating misogyny, racism, xenophobia, etc. It was a massive shit show and that's with me explaining it poorly.

i member bricking their "arguments" and still do to this day. Was one of the few one of the proud, who hunted fedoras.

Attached: 1523409675696.jpg (837x1193, 1.12M)

links?

Go to to college
Meet a guy that says he is an atheist
Trys to argue that Jesus never existed
Tell him I could find at least 2 homeless people in this city alone that claim to be the son of God.
He actually thought atheism meant you don't believe a guy named Jesus ever existed.

I'm not too sure, but synchronicity is the best hope across racial/cultural divides. The individual needs a loose, more fluid pathway to God when strongly inclined towards freedom.

As a kid growing up in the 90's i didnt even hear about god until i was in grade 1 or 2 in class, and you're not supposed to hear about religious shit at school, so I don't think there was much of a rise in atheism back then

Buy at least 1k, retire in a few years.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chainlink/

And where does christianity come from?

$1000 eoy. It is foretold.

Attached: sergey.jpg (601x601, 296K)

What reason do we have to suppose that God/gods exist in the first place?
(Not being a fedora tipper here. I am genuinely asking).

What's alt-right? If you mean non mainstream conservatism in general, that's far too broad a brush stroke, there. If you mean alt-right as in radical right wingers, which is the typical usage of the phrase, then yeah you're mostly correct. Most radical right wingers of today are influenced primarily by shill campaigns, looking to create an enemy ala Alinsky tactics, or myopic reactionaries, buying into identity politics, which also fits the purpose of the moderate and radical left.
In that sense, they are impressionable. But , hey rev up that collective. White people aren't immune to groupthink, so it's just going to be a big fucking mess of "you ain't really white, Irishman, German, Italian", etc.
Buying into the collectivist, identity warfare was exactly what the left wanted. The hive is simply incapable of innovating nuanced solutions to nuanced problems. But hey, there's no stopping the boulder now... let's just be exactly like our opposition but with white skin. Except...Irish aren't white, so I guess I'll just be a good "white" goy for my tribe until they've gotten enough mileage out of me.

Attached: 1440978651067.jpg (1080x1080, 166K)

I used to watch Thunderfoot videos about creationists. Silly looking back at it.

Yep, that was me. The profile pics of the forums I visited stated displaying a lot of hammer and sickles and I knew something was amiss. Fast forward to now and I’m ready to throw those fellow atheist from a helicopter myself.

He's still around too, his channel has been about the exact same for over 11 years. I give credit for being consistent at least.

>texas-based "atheist experience" show
Same. Brings back some memories.

Its a combination of judaism and some latter added concepts that came frome greek philosophy. Even if you argue that its just a glue of varius religious concepts, those concepts are still religious

It was called Atheism+.

I was there. I witnessed the 7777777

Attached: b9Y5ZuyDVxQW-LKusNrr4g_r.jpg (750x521, 118K)

Atheists tend to be generally a bunch of fartsniffers.
The only intelligent atheists are upon closer inspection agnostics.
Maybe it's just American atheism that attracts retards.