What are our thoughts on William F. Buckley? A neocuckservative or a true champion of conservative ideals?

What are our thoughts on William F. Buckley? A neocuckservative or a true champion of conservative ideals?

Attached: William_F._Buckley,_Jr._Public_Domain.jpg (800x798, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

informationclearinghouse.info/article3700.htm
archive.is/boC8
cache.boston.com/helpwanted/resume/buckley.htm
archive.li/NkMGR
telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1580056/William-F-Buckley.html
archive.li/CY9mA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got wrecked by chompsky

Chompsky ended up being wrong about everything regarding China in the interview as far as I remember.

Chomsky's a fucking idiot. He's a linguist by trade (a bad one) and for some fucking reason (his marxist politics) the media covers him endlessly.

The only leftist more overrated is Kissinger.

He was a asshole. He created the propaganda mechanism that transformed traditional isolationist conservatism into war mongering imperialism under the guise of conservatism. And he was paid well to do it. Read up on the old conservatives. They were our guys.

This. He was a CIA shill.

How much did he contribute to getting Reagan elected?

controlled opposition.

the rick wilson of his day.

He was an inspiring conservative. Loved the way talked.

Attached: image.gif (343x194, 589K)

Not a neocon, but glow in the dark.

Can you give me some names of "our guys?" Are you talking about people like Pat Buchanan?

Barry Goldwater

Buckley was literally one of his biggest supporters though and was instrumental in bringing Reagan to national prominence. I know that he's not as "pure" as some paleoconservatives, but he was undoubtably a major factor in popularizing conservatism. I think he was justified in shunning the fringe, conspiratorial groups like the John Birch Society in order to make conservatism a respected ideology.

>John Birch Society in order to make conservatism a respected ideology.
So essentially they cucked out by purging the anti-communists? Sounds about right

The fucking man!

Buchanan is 100% /ourguy/. Fucking guy is awesome.

There's nothing wrong withthe John Birch Society.
What fringe conspiracies do you ascribe to them?

Goldwater was pretty meh. He wanted a nuclear war in Vietnam and contrary to his anti-1964 civil rights act stance he was admired by the black community. He also had a Jewish dad!

I don't agree with his politics but he was fascinating to listen to and he had a good sense of humor. I wish we had more genuine eccentrics on TV instead of these cookie cutter jews.

Attached: Wlliam F Buckely Jr.jpg (450x423, 77K)

Interesting fellow. Acted like a swish but was probably straight.

Attached: 1533424859823.jpg (614x433, 123K)

chomsky is largely ignored
he may be a lefty jew but he's thinks postmodernism is bullshit and is anti-israel
he deserves some credit for tha i suppose

This times 2, he was a fucking glow in the dark nigger.

Buckley killed Old Right conservatism and libertarianism in America and turned American conservatism into big government authoritarian statism.

He thought we needed to establish a big government totalitarian bureaucracy in America.

>The most important issue of the day, it is time to admit it, is survival. Here there is apparently some confusion in the ranks of conservatives, and hard thinking is in order for them. The thus-far invincible aggressiveness of the Soviet Union does or does not constitute a threat to the security of the United States, and we have got to decide which. If it does, we shall have to arrange, sensibly, our battle plans; and this means that we have got to accept Big Government for the duration — for neither an offensive nor a defensive war can be waged, given our present government skills, except though the instrument of a totalitarian bureaucracy within our shores.

He was CIA

it's well known Buckley was a tool used by Jews to destroy resistance (John Birch Society) and create a neutered and historically ineffective "Conservatism"

He made interesting points, but at the end of the day, neutered the conservative movement while acting as gatekeeper to it.

>Kissinger
>leftist
Kill yourself, neoliberal.

The Birch Society was an astroturf neoliberal organization.
Kill yourself, neoliberals.

Rothbard, friedman, and mises are the only kikes that I wouldn't damn straight to hell.

Paul Gottfried is pretty good too

He was a man of his time who after Goldwater got btfo found methods to make conservatism mainstream. That got eventually got us into the mess we had with cuckervatism but it's anyone's guess whether Republicans would have even been relevant without him or would have shifted into the sort of "conservative" parties you see in Europe.

tl;dr version: his ideas worked once, they don't work so well anymore. 8 years of Trump will fix that.

What does that mean? That sounds like a fringe conspiracy theory.
Spell out what's wrong with them.

Buckley was a filthy traitor and he should of been shot.

On founder Robert W. Welch Jr.

"Wherever he looked, Welch saw Communist forces manipulating American economic and foreign policy on behalf of totalitarianism. But within the United States, he believed, the subversion had actually begun years before the Bolshevik Revolution. Conflating modern liberalism and totalitarianism, Welch described government as 'always and inevitably an enemy of individual freedom.' Consequently, he charged, the Progressive era, which expanded the federal government's role in curbing social and economic ills, was a dire period in our history, and Woodrow Wilson 'more than any other one man started this nation on its present road to totalitarianism' ... In the 1960's, Welch became convinced that even the Communist movement was but 'a tool of the total conspiracy.' This master conspiracy, he said, had forerunners in ancient Sparta, and sprang fully to life in the 18th century, in the 'uniformly Satanic creed and program' of the Bavarian Illuminati. Run by those he called 'the Insiders', the conspiracy resided chiefly in international families of financiers, such as the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers, government agencies like the Federal Reserve System and the Internal Revenue Service, and nongovernmental organizations like the Bilderberg Group, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Trilateral Commission"

He’s a huge faggot but I do enjoy listening to his cadence and WASP affectation.

In that picture he looks a lot like Hugh Grant

Lol no. The Koch family has supported neoliberalism (Mises, Hayek, Friedman, Becker, et al.) since WWII in order to save "their" property from being expropriated for good cause. They merely hid it behind the sadomasochism of Calvinist theology.

>How DARE those people try to subvert the Holy Market!
See?

> sprang fully to life in the 18th century, in the 'uniformly Satanic creed and program' of the Bavarian Illuminati.
But that is true, all of what you just quoted is true for the most part. Are you trying to use this to discredit the Birch Society. If anything you make me love them even more.

Attached: 1517491827830.png (500x722, 534K)

Ensured the cucking and subversion of the Republican Party by trotskyite neocons. He was some Northeast Democrat with an R by his name. National Review was (still is) a gatekeeper for conservative thought, hiding the truth behind shallow garbage

Without question, Buchanan is the man.

Attached: 1526804513762.jpg (850x400, 92K)

Bob Taft. Lawrence Auster, Sam francis, Revilo P. Oliver, the John Birch Society.

Form your own opinion, cuck

>On founder Robert W. Welch Jr.
>"Wherever he looked, Welch saw Communist forces manipulating American economic and foreign policy on behalf of totalitarianism. But within the United States, he believed, the subversion had actually begun years before the Bolshevik Revolution. Conflating modern liberalism and totalitarianism, Welch described government as 'always and inevitably an enemy of individual freedom.' Consequently, he charged, the Progressive era, which expanded the federal government's role in curbing social and economic ills, was a dire period in our history, and Woodrow Wilson 'more than any other one man started this nation on its present road to totalitarianism' ... In the 1960's, Welch became convinced that even the Communist movement was but 'a tool of the total conspiracy.' This master conspiracy, he said, had forerunners in ancient Sparta, and sprang fully to life in the 18th century, in the 'uniformly Satanic creed and program' of the Bavarian Illuminati. Run by those he called 'the Insiders', the conspiracy resided chiefly in international families of financiers, such as the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers, government agencies like the Federal Reserve System and the Internal Revenue Service, and nongovernmental organizations like the Bilderberg Group, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Trilateral Commission"
But almost all of that is true though.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I thought neoliberal was Democrat corporate milotarists like Hillary, kerry, and Obama.

the ratchet himself

Sounds legit.

Boomers and Neocons can't ever admit that the Birchers were fucking right about almost everything.

He dead. What does it matter?

CIA NIGGER AND CRYPTO-COMMUNIST

informationclearinghouse.info/article3700.htm
archive.is/boC8
CIA National Review

Buckley CIA, UN, and New School for Social Research
cache.boston.com/helpwanted/resume/buckley.htm
archive.li/NkMGR
telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1580056/William-F-Buckley.html
archive.li/CY9mA

Attached: CIA Wojak.png (640x640, 338K)

Neoconservatives are the warmongers. Not that those three aren't also neoliberal, for being anti-public-goods and believing that the market is the only legitimate model by which to structure all human affairs.

Attached: 1504384998771.png (1159x489, 119K)

did you just compare buckley to rick wilson
lmao

william colby

Seems pretty fucking based. Where do I join?

Attached: trump_helicopters.jpg (600x700, 66K)

jbs.org