You'll never own a home

>grandpa bought his house at 18.
Why cant you?

Attached: 20180808_153203.jpg (1080x1440, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

menards.com/main/building-materials/books-building-plans/home-plans/shop-all-home-projects/c-9919.htm
centris.ca/en/properties~for-sale~sainte-anne-du-lac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying things

what do you think this is, 2002? I have no fucking money

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 77K)

>living in Austin for the cheap real estate

I'm 26 and my wife and I bought a house in Los Angeles

fucking poorfags

>itt i cherry pick data to get (you)s. i will not start small. i will not purchase a fixer upper. i demand my booobyonce mansion now dammit. if you prove me wrong you are a fag.

No one has money.

Inflation

>not inheriting the house

Well, I don't live in a fucking expensive city, so there's that.

You can find cheaper houses 50 miles in any direction from Austin.

You can live in the middle of the 120 degree desert for 330k

Attached: 20180807_132522.jpg (1080x1391, 428K)

That's actually atypical for Austin. Oltorf/Congress has a ton of foot traffic for foodies and tourists so that's probably a result of location rather than land value. Protip: Habanero Cafe is one of the best hidden gems of the city, just a block away from there.

I bought my ranch style, 4 bed 2 bath 2 car garage house back in '08 before the housing bubble popped, got it off foreclosure too. I only pay $580/mth with a fixed 3.25apr. Live in a nice white suburbia here in the midwest while making great bank at work so I live very /comfy/ here.

This. Anyone who thinks otherwise is most likely a retard that let their parents get fucked by a reverse mortgage.

Austin here
If you decide to move to Texas it should be anywhere but Houston, Austin, or the border.

30 year old boomer here bought a house this year

Owning a house is a burden. Why do people all feel a need to acquire more and more property and consume more and more goods through their entire lives?

Henry David Thoreau in Walden:
> And when the farmer has got his house, he may not be the richer but the poorer for it, and it be the house that has got him. As I understand it, that was a valid objection urged by Momus against the house which Minerva made, that she "had not made it movable, by which means a bad neighborhood might be avoided"; and it may still be urged, for our houses are such unwieldy property that we are often imprisoned rather than housed in them; and the bad neighborhood to be avoided is our own scurvy selves. I know one or two families, at least, in this town, who, for nearly a generation, have been wishing to sell their houses in the outskirts and move into the village, but have not been able to accomplish it, and only death will set them free.

location is part of land value you braindead fuck

Buy something in lockhart and commute, fuck austin

At least I have my powder paints.

Attached: Goodoogagooloogong.jpg (1600x1071, 1.12M)

I'm 24 and I've got a nice condo that I don't want to move from

31 y/o boomer, bought a house in 2011 in CA using a VA loan. Zero down, $1100/mo mortgage. Just sold the house for $250k more than I bought it for and moved/bought a house outright in AZ.
I got lucky, pretty much everyone else I know is fucked.

>be millenial
>smoke weed from 14 to 18
>hands smoother than a baby's butt
>why don't I make as much money as my Grandpa?

HAHAH yeah I bet you are a fucking spic

>smoke weed
thats gen x you fuckhead

30 yo boomer with 2 houses

Those Californians really helped Austin's real estate market didn't they? We need more to come

>condo
you attached to some nigger land?

Because I foresee a bond market failure which will lead governments to levy increasing property taxes over the next 15 years which will see prices slowly stagnate relatively to inflation.

In other words anyone who bought in now out of FOMO is going to have an increasingly unpleasant time as a homeowner.

It was inevitable I'm afraid - I'm so sorry, and I hope it riles you up to untold levels of political anger, but you were all screwed.

Oh sorry: stupid lazy assholes who can't be bothered to break a sweat without being paid insane amounts of money because they're special snowflakes who have never had any real hardships in their lives and likely will be the generation with the most suicides in the next 20 years.

Go fuck yourself. I'll vote against all welfare.

It's more insidious than mere inflation.
In 1960 the average price for a bushel of corn was $1.00. The average yield on an acre is around 175 bushels. That's $175 per acre.
Times a 40 acre plot gives $7,000. Double that to $14,000 and it is about the price of a modest new home in 1960.

Today, that bushel of corn is around $3,15. Times 175 bushels an acre is $551.
Times 40 acres is $22,050. If we double that like we did for 1960 we get $44,100.

GOOD LUCK BUYING A MODEST HOUSE FOR $44 GRAND TODAY.

THAT is what happened.

Attached: consider this.png (634x429, 447K)

>Why
Jews.
/Thread

I should have joined the marines

Attached: 20180807_091450.jpg (1071x1640, 499K)

The cities in tx are ran by democrats exclusively. The independent school districts are what sets property tax rates and appraises the home values. Theyve steadily increased the appraisal to cover the money needed to aid illegal immigrants and muslims refugees theyve brough in steadily since 2012. The police have contracts with the ISDs and can ask for more tax money for their school police.

Thats why the house prices have doubled or tripled in the past few years. Have to artificially inflate their value to take more tax money because they can not pass a tax increase.

Fun fact: you can actually buy your DIY house building kits.
menards.com/main/building-materials/books-building-plans/home-plans/shop-all-home-projects/c-9919.htm

Speak for yourself poorfag I own many properties I'm Hindu I'm not white

Grandpa bought his house outside in a newly created suburbs not within the city. He also got up at 5am each day to drive to work within the city which could mean around an hour or so on the road.

Slide thread poster must be house shopping. Never seen so many fucking zillow threads. Revoking my bamp.

>living in a ranch style house
>driving an extended cab long horn truck

Attached: 815BB33B-3EE8-438C-9943-DBF8A1DF0181.jpg (353x334, 32K)

Rent is a burden
Buying a house is smart because you can sell it and get return on your investment more than likley profit

money was sold to well u know who a long time ago user, now you have stamps that u call money.

Also this

Boomers all have pentouple remortgages on their house so when they croak all they leave is debt.

Are you fucking retarded?

That has more to do with farming improvements. Houses are expensive beacuse boomers all want two houses and they are still working the middle classes job that thier parents would have retired on Already.

whats the average home price in austin?

Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: 61C1C3E4-3917-4D6B-8D1D-E642A19CE7AD.png (640x1136, 765K)

Real estate became an investment, construction for middle class homes slowed down, and land developers started advertising internationally.

I heard San Antonio is awful too. Thoughts? DFW is okay?

> 36
> bought house in 05
> was making decent progress on mortgage
> grandpa kicks the bucket
> enough inheritance to pay rest of mortgage
I'm fortunate. I got in before the housing bubble when housing prices skyrocketed.
I've wondered if reverse-mortgages is a scam to prevent the next generation from receiving inheritance.
> mom and dad have shit for pension
> reverse the money back out of their home to live
> die, then house or lending company now owns house

I AM SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS MEME

Attached: home.png (823x685, 1.29M)

>WHY CAN'T I BUY A PIECE OF LAND IN A HIGHLY EXPENSIVE CITY I DONT GET IT!!!!

>investing in Caliexico

Attached: 1518111601386.png (645x773, 107K)

> IN

BUT I'M ENTITLED MILLENNIAL AND I WANT TO BUY A FUCKING HOUSE INSIDE THE CITY WHERE LAND IS HIGHLY SOUGHT OUT AND EACH QUARTER Of AN ACRE IS WORTH AN ARM AND A LEG WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! GIMMIE!!!

>wahh I literally can't live anywhere but New York NY or LA

I'm just gonna buy a house inna woods somewhere in northern quebec...

centris.ca/en/properties~for-sale~sainte-anne-du-lac

450 sqft nice and cozy

you live where the good jobs are, dummy

>Real estate became an investment,
Boomers allowed the entire central American third world to move here and it spiked the prices of homes.
Just another wonderful "gift" from our deadbeat parents generation.

Attached: 1505360339643.jpg (1280x1249, 167K)

how is San Antonio? All the women I've seen there look good af and the prices for houses are super reasonable compared to Commiefornia.

What're the downsides?

GAH ARE YOU SAYING TO LIVE NEAR A BUNCH OF REDNECK REPUBLICANS OUT IN THE THIRD WORLD COUNTRYSIDE???? YOU CAN'T FIND JOBS SUITABLE FOR MY AFRICAN DANCY STUDIES DEGREE OUT THERE!!!

Attached: 1511420449331.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

>there's literally no good jobs except for LA and New York NY

My parents bought me a detached home in Vancouver for $800k in 2014. It's now worth a lot more than that.

I think the real question is, why do unsuccessful people have kids?

>considering buying a house off of Oltorff and Congress in Eastern California

fucking retard, check prices out in Burnet or Bastrop, assuming youre a local college retard

>The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Fort Wayne is 1 in 27. Based on FBI crime data, Fort Wayne is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Indiana, Fort Wayne has a crime rate that is higher than 90% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

I'd rather live in the middle of nowhere then this shithole

you can tell by the home prices no one wants to live there, sorry

All of those houses were chosen specifically for their distance from niggersville
>being this much of a sheep
memeflag pls

Attached: ftwayne.png (1465x988, 1.54M)

Yes goyim, only the true chosen people should have children since we made the most shekels

Attached: 1532051462917.png (144x151, 11K)

>Gibbs
Suprised the nig nogs havent moved there

That's not how house pricing works dummy.

You know i should rename shit when doing quicksaves.

Attached: fuckit.jpg (693x801, 141K)

because grandpa was making the equivilent of 40,000 a year on his out of highschool no experience job and houses only cost 10,000.

God damn, my fucking parents were asking me why I wasnt as successful as them the other day. My grandfather bought some homesteaded land and made a rv camp on the west coast. it was pretty successful and he ended up selling it and retiring. Thing is, he got the money for said camp from his own parents who handed him 20,000$ cash. 20,000$ cash which had the buying power of 250,000$. This delusional old fuck won't even loan me 1,000$ for a used car and he wonders why I can't make it 'on my own' like 'him'.

Wealth is suppose to be shared generationally. If you want your children to succeed, then you need to help them plan and finance their shit. Otherwise they end up in debt serving some kike banker while juggling multiple jobs trying to get through an unwinnable rat race. Fucking boomers. My grandparents tell me stories of how they could walk down to the fucking beach and pick up clams every single day for free if they wanted fresh sea food. Fish were plentiful as well. I have to pay the state 100$ a year for a license and can only take a clam or two a week if I can find it. Even the natural resources are all fucking gone. They sold us out to fags and foreigners and saved nothing for us.

>I'M A GULLIBLE FUCKING BOOMER AND I ACTUALLY TRUSTED BANKERS WHO ISSUE LOANS FOR HOMES FOR A LIVING AT THEIR WORD THAT ALL THIS THIRD WORLD IMMIGRATION WAS FOR DIVERSITY
>YES PLEASE WALK ALL OVER THE NATION THAT MY PARENTS PRESERVED FOR ME ONLY FOR MY GENERATION TO TURN AROUND AND SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST FUCKING BIDDER

Attached: Immigration_Enforcement_1940-1960.png (1900x1400, 27K)

that's exactly how it works, dummy

San Antonion is basically little Mexico. In fact, every big city in Texas is a liberal shithole. The suburbs / rural country is comfy as fuck though.

I'm 29 kike, I'm sorry you're a retard with your money and have as much compulsion as some simpleton nigger.

>meme flag
>retard
checks out.

>literally nobody wants to live anywhere but LA and New York NY

indiana is mostly farmland and tiny cities, of course its going to have higher crime you dumb fucktard

>thinking a kike would get upset over third world immigration and diversity and complain about it.
Fucking 29 year old moron is what you are.

Get a nigger loan and buy it with extra low payments, we did it and aren't even niggers. Or poor

Maybe you shouldn't have shelled out money for that liberal arts degree basedboy.

Yeah jobs are booming in Rual TN. Post something slightly reasonable

I only make $120,000 per year. How the fuck am I supposed to buy a house. This isn’t 1995 faggot.

Yeah faggot no one wants to hire you with your liberal arts degree.
Get a STEM, and we will hire you out here.
Actually we wont we can tell how much of a insufferable cunt you are.

How exactly do you break a sweat being a cashier? Or in customer support? Those are the majority of available jobs to those with no education or work experience, and you are expendable in those positions, so you get paid nothing because you are actually doing nothing of value. I like to call those jobs "filler jobs" or "fake jobs". There will be no breaking of a sweat in our current job climate.
Concerning your suicide assertion: of course people will kill themselves when they have no money or are not doing any work that is meaningful. People need their own property and they need the right to pursue happiness which as of right now is fairly unattainable.

I have zero debt, and never have had debt in my life. Don't buy shit you can't outright pay for.
>arts degree
don't bring your weak ass projection in here

it's a longer list but yeah bumfuck, IN is not a tech and innovation hub with high wages

or you know, has multiple siblings because their parents went to preserve the white race

It's 2.5 acres and an hour outside LA...

You can tell the vicinity of niggers in miles by tacking 50k onto the actual cost of the house. Some three bedroom two bath 1 mile away from niggers can be had for 200-250k. Six miles from niggers? 500k+
>t. Trying to buy a house

>I make 6 figures. But I will whine about mortgages. I will not be geographically mobile. I will not buy a fixer upper and learn how to repair it myself. I will not buy small and work my way into a forever home. I will shit post about my desire to slaughter those that demand gibs, then turn around and demand that I be loaned all the money to buy an umpteen thousand square foot mcmansion on a postage stamp lot behind some gates. Prove me wrong and I dub thee faggot.

Lol wtf do you think makes land valuable?

>implying NYC and LA have good jobs.
I'd say come to Texas but we don't want you

>I want the government to come in and help me out and give me all the free shit in the world because I deserve everything under the sun

Man it feels good that I got a $93k job and the most I have is an Associates Degree because I figured out networking is every fucking thing.
>tfw not a single bit of debt for Shlomo

Attached: 1513283535657.jpg (991x822, 77K)

I own a condo.

Oh I'm sorry, I meant your video game design degree.

Attached: 1326074769643.jpg (1157x772, 70K)

austin etc fit the criteria

What happens if I buy a bunch of shit on credit and then kill myself? Will the debt be absolved or will my poor parents have to pay the debt?

T. suicidal frog poster

Attached: 1416022947400.png (500x450, 16K)

Definitely not true in rich, urban neighborhoods. 1 mile yes sure but after that you're losing value due to location from city center, etc