Prozac and other ssris

Putting aside kikes and memes and juden peterson has anyone had positive experiences from these?

Attached: image-2.png (387x200, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21459521
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4726416/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma-1_receptor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21459521

That's not funny my friend died that way. (srsly)

just smoke hella weed

>METHODS: A literature search of PubMed utilizing the terms: antidepressant tachyphylaxis, treatment-resistant depression, chronic depression, and antidepressant tolerance was performed, and relevant articles were used.

fucking kek. a keyword search lumping together all kind of disparate shit leads us to the conclusion that perhaps we should do an actual experiment

They can make an otherwise miserable existence tolerable. Apathy instead of despair. Feel nothing rather than feel too much. Your creativity will suffer, but you can't create shit if you blow your head off.

yes. Prozac and Lexapro helped me out a lot. it really depends on the person. tons of people who are put on the drugs don't need them, but some can definitely benefit from them.

Thing is the body of research is so large you can even squeeze out a PhD from a semi-respectable school just by doing basically a survey of the state of the art with some clever comments, analysis, and suggestions for future work.

I won't type out my whole saga, but with the help of therapy and a combination of prozac and wellbutrin I went from a depressed loser living at home to a productive member of society working a real career as a professional within about 3 years. I completely stopped taking the meds under the supervision of my psychiatrist about a year and a half ago.

>went from a depressed loser
>to a productive member of society
>still goes on Jow Forums late thursday night

my current job i only have to work 3 days a week

>blow your brains out
>onto a framed canvas
>leave instructions in suicide note to put it up in a gallery
A R T
R
T

Attached: 1297662015678.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I got put on prozac when I was 16. no good. I stopped taking it after a month against the doctors orders.

>3 days a week
>productive member of society

Not really. Been on more than one and several antipsychotic meds too. All just make you impotent and fat. Some even stop working while others make my mental state even worse. Occasional benzos are better if you are agitated on top of the misery. But if you are down below you will end up doing opiates because nothing else works for that properly.

pharmakike shows up quicker than anyone else to these threads.
antidepressants are meant to make sure you are numb before you kys as mentioned already.

I'm a critical care nurse dude, I think that's a pretty "productive" job

> it's wednesday
> neither has a job

Yeah Prozac made me feel better reduced my anxiety and helped me be more functional.

I don't know if I want my nurse taking crazy pills to join the medical cult.

Docs prescribe them because they aren't super dangerous, they are good placebos, and they work for like 30% of people. They also hit a wide array of problems, especially anxiety and depression.

Prozac doesn't even start to work for at least a month to 6 weeks. You are an idiot.

Like I said earlier, I don't take them anymore. I took them during a dark time in my life. Antidepressants are hardly "crazy pills", what an ignorant thing to say.

Nurses are just people dude.

Only took about a month and change for my friend to get on prozac and slide off the deep end. Dude that prescribed it admitted he wasn't following the protocol for monitoring and was scared of having to lawyer up over it.

I've known people on them for 20 years, they are still depressed as they were at the start.

Nurses are usually pretty cool, but SSRIs are literally crazy pills.

This. There's so much literature that you have to be methodical in looking for it. Curating these databases and filtering out all the useless crap is super hard and it's legitimate research

well it appears we have two differing opinions then.

It's like getting a doctorate for being a paralegal.

Took 50 abilify at once, didn't sleep at all for 5 days and started freaking out at school. Get sent to special school and put on stronger meds but only take the ones that get me high.

>take pills that fuck with your brain
>because you were crazy
>they're totally not crazy pills brah

stfu dumbass. if I was shilling for them I would have said everyone should take them. which I clearly did not

calling a depressed person crazy is so hilariously ignorant. I'm not sure if you're retarded or trolling.

Lol yeah. Library sciences are only getting more important. To be a good doctor now you need to be able to search for read and interpret research.

Wtf dude, waste of digits on your schizo

Neither. I have no official diagnosis on record, but suicidally depressed seems reasonably adequate.

You were so crazy you needed pills to rearrange you brain to stop being crazy. Call me old fashioned but that's "crazy pills" to me.

WHAT
We can't have that! Shut it down! Doctors should just follow the DSM and let the computer decide!

I guess I was just man enough to know I needed help, and it turned out great for me.

I am calling you old fashioned, retarded and old fashioned.

I started becoming manic after 2 weeks and I was sleeping like 2-3 hours a night. . You are telling me the same thing that the doctor told me. "Oh you should keep taking it because it hasn't even started to work yet'. I am glad I didn't take his advice because I don't think it is natural to be living and taking psychoactive drugs every day.

You should already know that most people have absolutely no clue what depression actually is yet act like they're experts

But not man enough to call them crazy pills? It's no biggie dude tons of people are on tons of pills and many of them have good outcomes.

I drink too much. I'm not afraid to admit that.

Prozac is an EVIL product. I took Prozac 23 years ago in 1995 and I still suffer from the side effects till this day. I have problems with falling asleep all the time especially after eating, my right leg kicks the mattress when I am asleep, I hav anal leakage and went impotent for years. My brain was affected, before taking Prozac I was meticulous and could plan 6-steps ahead, I was very good at board games that needed planning now I can't even plan one-step ahead. PROZAC IS AN EVIL DISGUSTING SUBSTANCE, DON'T EVER TAKE IT!

I suffered from depression from the age of 14 to the age of 40-41. I cure it by taking OMEGA 3, don't take Prozac, take OMEGA-3!

>tfw was forced to take adult doses when I was 10 years old
Literally all I thought about was death and food. Gained so much weight, all those years lost.

The brain zaps when you forget to take them are the worst

I remember yawning all the times.

Prescribed 100mg zoloft daily since 16 (i'm 27 now). Diagnosed with OCD at a young age (+ aspie), but dad was a doctor so went to a proper psych for eval rather than a quack.

Still have dips into OCD and depression due to stress and isolation, but at fairly reasonable levels for your typical neurotic. Had a bad spell a few month ago which involved alot of drinking alone, which lead to missing some days for med, and eventually deciding to cut myself (on the chest). Never had the 'zoloft zombie' bs people talk about. I'm always going to dread interacting with people and thats ok so long as I work towards my goals.

Pro-tip to people on SSRI's. The proper SSRI prescription wont make you a zombie unlike what scientology says, but you should take care of yourself since you are taking med, like any diabetic or whatever. Don't drink exessivly, don't miss days for meds, don't decide to quit smoking cold turkey and work 10-12 hour days and not talk to anyone for 2 weeks straight.

Wow, aren't you a walking advertisement.

I'm an autism so not the best example. However I did move to another country, became a manager at a large corp. and regularly go on solo backpacking trips in the wilderness so I reckon I come out 50/50.

If you having depression and other brain problems take OMEGA-3 Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B1, don't take Prozac, it is pure EVIL.

Glad they didn't fuck you up too bad with the drugs. They really hate high-functioning children.

my gf is on zoloft now. I want to wean her off of it eventually. She is wife material but I don't think a mother should be taking psychoactive drugs for life. Am I a bad person?

i take Luvox, and it really helps with my OCD.

What happened?

It took a month and change because he had a bad time trying to figure out how to buy a gun (wtf this is easy) and even went and fucked some truck stop whores and stuff like that just to see if it was really worth it and then killed himself.

My gran went on after my granddad died and was on it for over twenty two years. We only found out in 2015 and I immediately made her stop. It had destroyed her entire personhood and turned her into an unfeeling robot who didn't give a shit about anything. She thanks me for getting her of it because it allows her to feel peaks and troughs of emotion again. I remember my father shouting at her previously telling her she had changed.

not really. If you're seriously depressed they don't work, they just make you feel worse. Had to get myself off anti's because all 3 I tried made me suicidal, ended up just going on anxiety meds constantly which you really aren't supposed to do but it's the only think that makes me feel normal

If you didn't know her before the Zoloft then don't do it.

I took some that increased the sensation of my skin/body.

Very erotic.

i have taken them but nothing positive, lexapro helped me.

Attached: 1531894114557.jpg (483x418, 17K)

DUDE

Fun fact: Beta lobsters given prozac or other SSRIs will suddenly become hyper aggressive and go on rampage killing sprees attacking the alpha lobsters. Lobsters neurotransmitters are the same as humans, serotonin levels regulate aggression. Giving SSRIs to humans can cause them to commit suicide or homicide or go on school shooting sprees.

Pro-gun control psychiatrists are giving SSRIs to teenagers against common logic in order to create school shooters to push their agenda.

Prozac and other SSRIs do nothing for me, but taking Geodon was like night and day. I went from having raging mood swings to being calm and just nice. I'll never stop taking it

that's ridiculous. in fact you may actually have downs

Sounds ridiculous but it's true.

>Like vertebrate animals, some invertebrates have been shown to exhibit anxiety-like behaviour and altered levels of aggression that are modulated by the neurotransmitter serotonin.

>Serotonin has also been shown to increase aggressive behaviour in lobsters4 and crayfish5
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4726416/

you may be surprised to learn that the human brain is much more complex than that of some shellfish. I have fucked with my brain using multiple drugs both legal and illicit and never has my fundamental personality changed. I have never physically harmed someone in my life and never would. I only ever shoot guns at targets because I can get meat more efficiently from a store. 99% of people are not violent unless you poison them with evil thoughts and ideas and brainwash them into it.

I've been taking them since February, they've helped a lot.

Cocaine is one hell of a drug

You might be surprised that the neurotransmitters in human brains and lobster brains are the exact same and the same social hierarchy changes have been documented in chimpanzee prozac studies. We're not special, we have very similar brains and behaviors to all animals on a chemical level.

Prozac is like 60-90% industrial floor cleaner.
Not LARPing.
The company that invented prozac Solvay Pharamceuticals is a pedophile aristocracy house.

>Luvox
Binds to sigma receptors. No thx bucko.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma-1_receptor

Seriously, cocaine is so good. You'll regret doing it.

Zoloft? What does it do that harms the brain? One of my family members is on it.

>he doesn't robotrip into plateau sigma
breh

robotrips are aids from my experience. last time i did it i couldnt remember anything about taking it the following morning and my friends told me i woke them up at like 2 in the morning telling them its time for school.

Zoloft was a miracle for me but I doubt I'm a typical case

It wasn't robo or you mixed it with some kind of bullshit.

I've heard of people having seizures after being off them for a week or more.

not sure, just bought it at the store after doing some research on what most effective.

wtf dude just read the ingredient label on the back of the cough syrup and chug that. The dosage and other ingredients are literally listed by law.

you have to use the gels that are pure DXM with no additives
you also have to take it spaced out every pill by approximately 5-15 minutes
I wouldn't take any more than half or 1 bottle which is like 300mg of DXM. Pretty sure thats 20 gel caps you should be taking 20 over like 2 1-2 hours,
And don't do any other drugs especially stimulants on it like adderall or coke
You really shouldn't mess around with pharmaceuticals just smoke wee dumbass

One time I took zoloft and I woke up to my dad almost murdering me.

yea but some of the effects can cause upset stomach which is why i looked for one without those ingredients. also i smoked some loud that night so that couldve played a part

>tfw I got a 50g bottle of lab grade USP DXM way back in the day.
I'd rather start people on 200-250mg but it used to be a bottle of tussin from CVS would be a 750mg for one or split it between two and as long as you can keep it down for the better part of an hour before throwing up it's all good.

Did you check if there was diphenhydramine or something like that in there? That'll knock you out pretty good if you take a good dose of it. You really have to take a lot to trip out on that stuff and holy crap if you want to hallucinate hard and bad that's the way to do it.

Good luck if you combine that with DXM or LSD or whatever else.

Not many good prognosis's from reading this thread. Perhaps they work better on people out in the wild & not on Jow Forums? Thou the anecdotal replies aren't very positive either. Anxiety is at endemic levels - too much unhealthy stimuli - most of it from using various media & not enough time spent in the meat world.

>
150-300 is so much dude. Tolerance and threshold dose for plateaus is so low.
DXM is pretty stupid drug anyways. I've done max 450 IIRC and it wasn't much different.
If you want to fully potentiate DXM just walk around while you're on a trip and smoke cigs or weed. No need to comatose yourself on the drug.

~200mg is a light 2nd plateau dose. So that's what gets you out of the strange drunk but eventually limpdick experience of 1st plateau.

Weed very yes. 450 you were probably not going 3rd plateau (best plateau if you're in a situation where you can be out of the public eye entirely for 6 hours, don't mind barfing, have somebody around to make sure you don't go nuts or clean up after you).

Am I making DXM sound like a fun time yet?

And by the way what I said prior to this post is correct. If you truly want to appreciate the DXM you need to consume the dose spaced out over a period of time so the DXM can be converted by your liver.
If you swallow it too fast you will lose some of the drugs to metabolic processes. Pretty sure the drug gets converted to something called DXO by following the procedure of extending the dosage over time.
You can also potentiate it with quinine aka club soda IIRC.
Seriously do not do drugs if you can't follow basic pharmaceutical and recreational reports on safe usage.
DXM is probably on the lower part of the list of drugs I have extensively experimented with. It's really not that great. Some good hash or marijuana concentrated oils and waxes can get you higher than DXM.
Nobody really knows the consequences of DXM use but according to my current health I would not advise any abuse of DXM.

I was never a fan of the DXO conversion, but most people don't even like either one in the first place, so it's up to personal taste.

It's pretty fun but only if you follow the advise of converting the drug into DXO. This makes the high more speedy and energetic and less like a K-hole. I would say maybe I entered 3rd plateau but probably not. All my best trips were 150-300mg bottles of robotussin gels and the best of the best were when I followed the interval consumption procedure to maximize the liver conversion.

Attached: 1533595501228.jpg (900x900, 234K)

kek everybody's different and you never know how people are going to react the first time.

One time I weighed out I think it was supposed to be only 200mg because he was a hobbit and sorted out 700mg for myself because I was going to throw myself into the abyss. Except apparently I switched the pills and I was all bumbed out while the other guy was puking down the driveway and having the time of his life.

Glad it worked out for him tbqh but he was in to drugs anyway.

I started taking Prozac several years ago when I realized how low-functioning people really are. Its both depressing and anxiety inducing being surrounded and outbred by people with an IQ in the double digits.

Attached: 7f88bc8300f6d10889b9b201075c606c.png (274x266, 184K)

Just smoke dope first every time and the naseau won't hit. Also you should take almost every drug on a partially full stomach, something rich like corn or grains. You can take an antacid like Tums or calcium chews to help your stomach and preserve the drug from being broken apart by your stomach acid.
You're also right that body weight is a huge component in substances. I remember a story about Andre the Giant consuming something like 24 beers just to feel tipsy. Pretty insane.

Attached: 1532815156271.jpg (244x318, 27K)

Dude its literally 90% fluoride aka industrial strength floor cleaner. You are literally chemically lobotomizing yourself consuming prozac or any number of other drugs with fluoride as an ingridient. I wasn't joking when I said Solvay the company who invented this is a pedophile dynasty.
Most school and mass shooters are on prozac or another name brand SSRI.

I prefer to save the dope for after the peak. The come-up on DXM is such a panic rush I wouldn't want to mess with that.

As for puking it's no big deal. Stay hydrated no matter what but it's going to ruin it if you spend the come-up trying to hold your stomach down. Cucking it up while it's kicking in is a unique experience and then you feel so much better and you still have time to ride around before the come-down.

They're at best a temporary crutch. In the long run they damage your serotonin system in your brain.
Depression is caused by unhappiness.
Unhappiness is caused by something you don't like.
You either got to change that thing you don't like, or change the way you think about it.

lol you just reminded me

I miss my younger self. One time I dosed up at work at the end of a Friday because I was pissed off and wanted a get-away. So I made it out about an hour early before I though it was kicking in, but then as I was walking along it hit me right in the stomach and I was so pissed off I blew chunks on the ground like my mouth was a firehose. (I usually keep an empty stomach to limit the chunks).

Fuck that was fun.

Honestly dude if you're thinking about taking brain pills, you probably don't need them. What you need are massage parlors. Dollar to dollar better value than pills and way healthier. I lost weight and started dressing up to impress my masseuse, lost a little weight, just so that the menu opens up a little and before I knew it BAM full service. As far as I care massage parlors save lives, and jorcdan peterson doesn't want you to know about massage parlors because he's a fucking dick. Any problem can be solved at a good massage parlor, and there's all kinds of different ones too. There's asian and black and spanish and euro. You just bounce around from parlor to parlor getting your knob polished, get lost for weeks in the street. I went parlorhopping once, 4 days straight just handjobs and blowjobs and sex and just eating donuts in between and showering at the parlors. Did some crank too, some good crank. Just riding around on my scooter high as fuck going to different parlors.

You sound like my old trip buddy. Sometimes he wouldn't even let ME smoke weed for like 1-3 hours and then have a joint. I never understood. I'd be smoking all before, during, and after.
At first I actually like the non-DXO method of just swallowing 10-20 gels and getting the pure DXM. Not sure I actually have a favorite but I know it's probably more "ideal" to attempt DXO conversion.
I can tell you 1 thing, one night I did DXM and the next morning I tripped on Acid and went out on a walk in the forest all day on 1 tab. Comfiest fucking day of my life, desu.
It was like walking around in pyjamas sitting down on the best couch with a blanket and a fire next to you, but instead you're just strolling around town and the woods around your house. The afterglow of the DXM complimented the LSD trip so well.

Attached: 1832094843.jpg (645x608, 148K)