Invasive Self-Replicating Ticks Emerge in US

arstechnica.com/science/2018/08/us-invaded-by-savage-tick-that-sucks-animals-dry-spawns-without-mating/
>A vicious species of tick originating from Eastern Asia has invaded the US and is rapidly sweeping the Eastern Seaboard, state and federal officials warn. The tick, the Asian longhorned tick (or Haemaphysalis longicornis), has the potential to transmit an assortment of nasty diseases to humans, including an emerging virus that kills up to 30% of victims. So far, the tick hasn’t been found carrying any diseases in the US. It currently poses the largest threat to livestock, pets, and wild animals; the ticks can attack en masse and drain young animals of blood so quickly that they die—an execution method called exsanguination.

>Key to the tick’s explosive spread and bloody blitzes is that its invasive populations tend to reproduce asexually, that is, without mating. Females drop up to 2,000 eggs over the course of two or three weeks, quickly giving rise to a ravenous army of clones. In one US population studied so far, experts encountered a massive swarm of the ticks in a single paddock, totaling well into the thousands. They speculated that the population might have a ratio of about one male to 400 females.

>Yesterday, August 7, Maryland became the eighth state to report the presence of the tick. It followed a similar announcement last Friday, August 3, from PA. Other affected states include NY, AR, NC, VA, and WV.
If we can't keep these things out, what good will the Wall do?

Attached: longhorned-tick.jpg (1984x1113, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/08/07/where-is-lyme-disease-now-in-all-50-states-and-washington-dc/
a.co/gkm8T17
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like a ticking time.bomb.

Legit af.

Attached: Replicator.jpg (657x348, 157K)

>1 male to 400 females
imagine such a life

Attached: 1528778662317.png (480x433, 171K)

I guarantee you the kikes will not be affected

What do they taste like?

Attached: 1466364834738.png (225x227, 119K)

Q predicted this

>one male to four hundred females
Fucking chads.

>What do they taste like?
Kinda looks like caviar if you pretend.

Attached: hill-tickgenome2.jpg (1800x1443, 3.1M)

MEANWHILE..
forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/08/07/where-is-lyme-disease-now-in-all-50-states-and-washington-dc/

What if the Great Mexican Wall was made of fire?

Sodom and Gomorrah

She’s wearing her babies as a hat! OwO

REEE ILLEGALS OUT
THIS IS PROBABLY ANOTHER CHINK INSECTOID INFESTATION
THEY BROUGHT BED BUGS NOW THIS
FUCKKKKKK
I HATE OUTSIDERS BRING THEIR GERMS AND TICKS AND DICKS

>If we can't keep a parasitic insect the size of a child's fingernail out of the country, how can a wall stop a person from illegally entering the country?

And still not a single female would sleep with (you).

At least its not turkroaches

>ticking

Attached: carlos.png (560x560, 542K)

Oh, another invasive pest from asia. Maybe we should have stopped importing shit from them decades ago.

Attached: 1523597306145.png (926x761, 473K)

REMINDER THAT ALL GOOKS OTHER THAN JAPANESE WILL BE HANGED

Oh great another anti Semitic thread

Poor /out/

Nice

Attached: 1533617284737.jpg (600x597, 31K)

FUCKING GOD DAMMIT FUCK SON OF A BITCH

IF THERE IS ANYTHING SCIENTISTS ARE GOD DAMNED FUCKING GOOD FOR ITS FUCKING GETTING RID OF ALL TICKS AND MOSQUITOS FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY YOU SCIENTISTS MAKE SO MUCH FUCKING MONEY IF THEY ARENT FULL BORE INTO GETTING THESE TWO PLAGUES REMOVED FROM EXISTENCE FOREVER

FUCK GODDAMMIT FUCK

ILL DO IT MYSELF

Fpbp

What is pestilence Alex?

Attached: 7029BBC0-8968-4673-B889-D975241EE32A.jpg (352x345, 35K)

Tick Tock

It's because our methods don't stop people from illegally entering that the tick managed to hitch a ride on them or whatever they brought in.
Every country aggressively screens for invasive species, it's why you hear the goofy stories about people getting fined hundreds of dollars for failing to declare a banana they left in their backpack while legally entering a country.

If you get rid of mosquitoes, something else will fill the gap. Vampire moths (google it), horse flies, biting midges, whatever. There's also a jillion varieties of mosquitoes (and ticks, and bees, and spiders).

>this thread at the same moment as the thread about the japanese giant wasps

what in the holy god damn fuck are these riceniggers doing to have these horrible insects

Biblical plagues
>pestilence

Stock up.

a.co/gkm8T17

Attached: FireShot Capture 76 - Permethrin - Wikipedia - https___en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Permethrin.png (1598x1302, 331K)

was there trade spanning large distances like from europe to asia, or near it, during that period in the bible?

Not true. Some gaps can't be filled due to region and climate.

Few pests are as hardy as the mosquito.

We'll just keep making pests extinct until we get rid of them all.

>what good will the Wall do?
You’re an asshole.
Read all that and it was a wall thread..
FUCKOFF!

Attached: 34186438-DBB8-4362-AF9D-FB94F05793BC.jpg (2048x1152, 722K)

i give them the tick of approval

this shit is amazing, I treat my camping gear with it

Easy solution - just import a million of these giant bats. These will eat thousands of a variety of pests daily. Best pest control ever.

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 11K)

White nose syndrome will wipe them out.

Attached: 1533510984923.jpg (616x938, 50K)

What’s the bet no one in Eastern Asia has ever heard of this virus ladened tick

And wont totally fuck up the ecosystem in the process. Good one muhammad, havent you heard of what hapoened to hawaian birds after they imported dogs

goddamn asian carp too.

everything in asia is like a zerg horde

Attached: download.jpg (294x171, 12K)

>1 male to 400 females
What a fucking nightmare to be honest. I'm the only man on a group of 8 in my job. Guess who does all the fucking heavy lifting + your everyday shores. What do you get in return? Gossip and betrayals. An all female environment is fucking hell.

Yo... You have no fucking idea what is like.

>western society and ecosystem is so weak willed and complacent they cant even contain their niggers and spics

god i hope the chinks take over, 8 years of trump wont even be enough to save this country.

are they even pretty or hot?

>A vicious species of tick originating from Eastern Asia
The Chink?

This is literally reddi t tier faggotry, "look at my funny puns guys!"

kill yourselves

Came to post the same
Fuck off back to where you came punposters

Four pest campaign