Trying to explain to boomers/ former marines that we got our assets handed to us in Vietnam and that the government...

Trying to explain to boomers/ former marines that we got our assets handed to us in Vietnam and that the government covered up the fact that we lost 9 battles is exhausting.
Talking about the war to my co-worker:
>"We never actually lost a battle"
>Yes we did, we lost 9
>"not true"
>An entire airborne platoon was wiped out by an NVA platoon and buried in shallow graves
>"it was by napalm"
>no it wasnt, that's how the government covered it up.
>"it was by napalm"
>I can promise you it wasnt
>"Have you ever seen a body burned by napalm?" (this faggot was a generator repairman during Iraq)
>No I havent and neither have you.
>"it was by napalm"
>mfw

Attached: 1533802411502s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearhistory.com/2017/06/09/the_lost_battles_of_vietnam_war_2564.html
g2mil.com/lost_vietnam.htm
freedomportal.net/forum/index.php?topic=21644.0
m.warhistoryonline.com/vietnam-war/top-11-battles-vietnam-war-x.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_X6QqZF3J14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vietnam was a tie. IT WAS A FUCKING TIE! ASSHOLE.

Lad give up on them, they've been brainwashed.

>a tie
>NVA takes south Vietnam a year after we pull out
It doesnt help that we went in expecting rice farmers with bolt action rifles and got greeted by essentially the Vietnamese detachment of the Soviet Army.

Attached: 1510639332933.jpg (979x528, 320K)

This dude is bad though, hes one of those retards that always thinks he's right regardless of how obviously uninformed on the topic he is.

Like most posters here

Yeah but worse because I have to deal with this normie faggot for 9 hours a day.

I understand. Those grunts unironically think they're fighting for "freedom", too...

Attached: top kek.gif (290x189, 656K)

Why didn’t you call him out as being a fucking moron straight to his face? I’d be willing to knock his teeth out then and there

I did, and do constantly.
He's that up his own ass

America lose lol

The dude is basically "le enlightened atheist centrist" to a tee. He unironically follows Anonymous on Facebook.

Don’t even talk to him then, the guy sounds braindead. Slash his tires every so often and leave it at that.

He walks to work so I guess I'll cut his Achilles every couple weeks

Yes, but they eat McBurgers and drink coke. Take the long view, user.

Jesus Christ this guy is like a fucking fish. He’s too sippers to grab and has all angles covered. Maybe take a shit at work and put your turd in one of his bags.

slippery*

Run through the jungle
*lick

No bags

The US discarded time-tested doctrine while the NVA followed typical Sun Tzu strategies that favored flexibility and battlefield cultivation.
After the war the NVA revealed that they basically knew where Americans were at all times, and were routinely able to pick engagements simply by waiting for an air campaign to finish which would always be followed by ground squads.

>longtan.jpg
after this we didnt get fucked with quite as often

>arguing with low class people

Don't do this. Do you argue with dogs? Do you argue with children? No. Because you know it's stupid. So don't argue with low class people.

Sometimes it's fun just to listen to the autistic shit that he says honestly.

>your big example of a "lost battle" is a fucking platoon
Bro, consider making it through high school before you make another thread here.

>platoon: 16 to 50 men
wow fucking devastating, America will never recover.

It wasnt my "big example" it was an example of the US government covering up a shit ton of people dying for fuck all reason.

I mean we lost the fucking war astronomically that was just an example of the US government covering up a failed op for no reason. I mean they fucking decided that friendly fire sounded better than just admitting bad Intel is a thing.

I did find it kind of weird that a book I read about the Viet Cong from Osprey Publishing only did scenarios where the VC got their asses handed to them. Then I looked at the authors, and one of them was a American Vietnam veteran.

Like the authors hyped up the VC sappers, then just showed how shitty their life was and a scenario where they got decimated.

lol

was in 46th engr bn. had presidential unit citations for being wiped out twice in vietnam.

Israel as it exists on earth is not the Israel from the Bible. Please read the Bible. "Israel" is a false state, a pretender, and it's done its job of deception quite well.

North Vietnam actually did pretty well considering they weren't just fighting the US but South Vietnam and the French who they did defeat militarily

It doesnt help that they were trained by the KGB, supplied tanks and other vehicles by the KGB, and were given a few Hinds and Russian pilots. Honestly nam' was less of a proxy war than it's made out to be.

The North surrendered to us, meeting ALL of our demands at the Paris Accords. It wasn't until TWO YEARS AFTER we left that the North then took over the south. WE WON! It wasn't a fucking tie either, faggots

didn't we abandon the south even though we signed a treaty stating that we would defend them in the case of an attack?

so that means we lost

>The North surrendered
No they didnt, they signed a cease fire so we would fuck off and then promptly disregarded that literal piece of tissue paper. I'd also like to note that South Vietnam didnt even want us there, our entire strategy fucked any chance they had of winning and they knew it.

We made a promise to replace thier equipment losses 1 for 1. The democrats took over congress in '74 and defunded the program. We left the victors, having killed 2 million of theirs for 58k of ours. The South lost, we did not.

Accepting every single one of our demands after Operation Linebacker II destroyed their ability to wage war, I would call that a surrender

War isnt about casualties, it's about taking territory. We lost every bit of territory we gained due to downright autistic leadership. We lost, just accept it you fucking boomer.

>destroyed their ability to wage war
Yet they still took the South.

>WE WUZ WINNERS!
Get over it faggot, we won nothing. Appearances are everything, and the fall of Saigon looked like a loser running tail between legs. The place remained Commie, 50k Americans dead for naught. Maybe a useful proxy war, but no WWII victory.

Our victory conditions had nothing to do with taking Northern territory, you faggot arm chair wannabe. We chose a war of attrition, and it worked. They could not sustain the casualties that we caused them, and capitulated to us.

We won the hatred of the South Vietnamese.

???

nixon told the south vietnam government america would help out with military force if hanoi cast aside the agreement

we also supplied them with trainer aircraft not suitable for contemporary combat of the time, essentially pea shooters

>it worked
We fucking lost all of our territory, we proposed the ceasefire because we were getting our asses completely handed to us and didnt want to admit defeat. On the other side of the coin, if we won what exactly did we win? 50,000 dead men?

The PAVN did quite well, especially since Giap modeled the NVA on the Wehrmacht, not the Red Army.

Units used the Kampfgruppen system to rebuild. They were sent South, only to be systematically ground into kimchi by the Air Cav and Arc Light. But they would take the core of what was left, bring them back up the Ho Chi Minh Trail, and rebuild them in training camps in the North around a cadre of experienced veterans.

Did American units lose company level and below actions sometimes? Absolutely! Happened all the time, although not as many times as OP suggest. For all the shitty morale, drugs, and half assed training of that era, given the right fire and maneuver, American units would usually find a way to win.

Remember, the field grade officers and above in the American Army had all fought the PLA, the North Korean People’s Army, and in many cases, the Imperial Japanese Army. Those were MUCH tougher opponents, with all due respect to the PAVN, and the US had found a way to solve the problem of all three.

In Vietnam, we simply found ourselves in China’s backyard fighting someone we should have been cultivating as an ally. Only now are the Americans getting a clue.

stop swallowing democrat propaganda you fucking liberal.

well apparently they had nothing to do with winning either

in fact, there are many famous stories of south vietnamese units fighting to the death because they were under the idea that the americans would come

>We won because we killed alot of people!!!!
That is the most downright infantile view of war I've seen.

>Democrat propaganda
Its fucking public information you retard.

doesnt matter how many battles they won or lost, in 1972 the Americans had won the war. That they subsequently fucked up would set the pattern for American interventions generally, destroy your opponent then lose anyways because youre too fucking gay to actually finish the job

What battles and where’s your sources?

>every war ever fought in all of history is about territory and only territory

Attached: Dummy.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

50k to 1m+

Name me a war that isnt about territory right now

It was a mid-seventies, mid-terms platform for the dems. They sold it as a loss in order to defund the program. You are eating their propaganda right up. Stop eating democrat lies libtard

Afghanistan

Casualties dont win a war, the amount of territory you take does. Can we just ban boomers and nu-boomers please?

can we ban uneducated retards first?

Yeah but you didnt lose because your army couldnt do the job, which is what vietnam scholars argue about. One side says it was always impossible to occupy Vietnam, muh unbreakable spirit of the peasants and communists and shit, while the other says that America lost basically because its people/government didnt want to commit to job. The latter interpretation is correct, arguing about whether thats a win or a loss obfuscates the point.

>all demands
>invade south Vietnam
great victory there burger

All for nothing - 'Nam remained Commie and will be known as the victors for eternity. Life is worthless in that part of the world anyway, ask Pol Pot, so it was a cheap price to pay to defeat the Yankees.

realclearhistory.com/2017/06/09/the_lost_battles_of_vietnam_war_2564.html
g2mil.com/lost_vietnam.htm
freedomportal.net/forum/index.php?topic=21644.0
m.warhistoryonline.com/vietnam-war/top-11-battles-vietnam-war-x.html

Wow, we lost 9 battles. We got crushed, didn't we boys?

Well would you look at that, we got our asses kicked there too. Hmmmmmmm

your country hasn't won a war in 150 years.

Yes, many times to be exact. Especially during the Tet Offensive.

>uneducated
You're spouting fucking boomer-tier Cold War propaganda and I'm uneducated because I actually looked past the propaganda?

>this is what victory looks like - go USA!
hahaha

Attached: namfall01.jpg (854x570, 64K)

germany never won a war desu, prussia did. still you lost the war because you were unable to continue it. if you were able you would have prevented the fall of Saigon

no namefag nigger
We won Tet and the NVA was on the verge of surrender when Cronkite looked right into the camera and LIED and said the war was unwinnable this changed the publics opinion of the war and let to the pull out.
Back then there was no alternative to fake news and Cronkite was the most trusted newsman in the nation at the time.

We lost the PR war at home and millions of slant eyes died as a result

Youre spouting liberal boomer propaganda that literally ran in the Times while the war was happening

Nice critical eye you got there faggot

I guess we could have genocided them..? Vietnam got flattened by USA might. 50k to 1m+

Yes we did lose but the last declared war by congress was WW2

>An entire airborne platoon was wiped out by an NVA platoon and buried in shallow graves
A platoon is like 40 people you dummy. There hasn't been a war in existence where one side didn't lose at least an engagement of that size.

This, we want to pretend anything we've done since the Civil War has been a victory but no.
Ww1: joined at the end and basically did fuck all
Ww2: Once again joined at the end but did at least something
Korea: Got decimated
Vietnam: Got our asses kicked so hard we forced a cease fire so we wouldn't have to admit 50,000 people died for literally nothing
Iraq: technically won but completely destabilized the middle east and proceeded to get our asses kicked by Al-Qaeda for nearly 20 years
Afghanistan: Literally did the same thing the Soviets did in the 60's somehow thinking it would be different. The only thing we did successfully was commit war crimes.

>gets dunked on by Chad coworker
>comes and whines to Mongolian yak milking board
We could have won in Vietnam, faggot.

I hate ZOG America as much as the next person, but you're double-digit IQ if you think that the US "got decimated" in either Vietnam or Korea.

I don't understand how it is considered a lost war, when the casualty rate was 1:18 in murrican favor, and no Vietnamese landed even one step on murrican clay. Sounds to me like murricans just barged into another country, fucked it up big time and then left with no repercussions.

Wasn't just Americans who died. My Uncle was sprayed with Agent Orange, developed ALS within a year after the war and died within 2 years.

Ivan by that standard Germany kicked your ass in WW2 because they slaughtered hoards of Russians before you faggots finally developed a strategy other than "run directly into my fire and hope some of us live".

2/2 oh and my cousins had to have genetic tests to see if their dna had been altered by the Orange.
Government continues to cover up what happaned and they have never recieved compensation and my Aunty is in her 70s now.

>a tie
>in a war for geo political gains

literally not possible. war isnt a video game retard

>gets dunked on
I'm pretty sure repeating "it was napalm"
And getting called on your bullshit doesnt constitute as dunking on someone but ok.

But you're wrong though. Sure it was an unjust proxy war. I'll never support the motives.
We "lost" because Vietnam was the first war where the press was allowed to slip the leash. Why do you think it's all fake now? Not like wapo and Cronkite were pillars of virtue. They peddled their own bias instead of the govs. In every metric we absolutely slaughtered the NVA and Viet Cong. They lost 70% of their trained personnel and the majority of their largest equipment during the tet offensive. You want to talk about the loss of 1 platoon? we lost around 60000 men there. NV estimates range from 700000 to a million.
Tet was a gamble. Militarily, it failed spectacularly. Propaganda wise, it furthered the sympathetic and defeatist attitude here. We chose to lose. The war was never just. None are. But to push the idea that a backward commie jungle nation went toe to toe and beat us? That's just wrong user.

Attached: 1531920469879.jpg (546x800, 208K)

Fucking thank you, these faggots think more casualties= we won lol when its literally the opposite.

>lose seven million soldiers, have your country invaded, your capital razed, your women raped and shoot yourself in the head
vs
>lose 50k soldiers, no civilians, homeland goes completely unscathed
Sure my dude those are same exact things.

Russia lost to Germany in ww2 then right?

So you lost them right?

Ivan your country threw your ancestors into a meat grinder "for the motherland" and only won because the allies helped you not get completely destroyed.

After 2 weeks most of the gains from tet were lost. NVA got their shit kicked in. Stopped them from launching another major offensive until we left.

You missed the point entirely. Germany lost it's best and most experienced men killing their way across Russia and then having its ass frozen. They lost the war then and there.
That would be comparable to us losing two carrier battle groups and several divisions of men.
You fail at historical perspective user.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Okay sorry I didn't realize that you're dumb. Have a good day.

So why did we need to propose a cease fire? If we were doing so well why not keep marching north? Maybe because we had no fucking assets left after we whipped our dick out during Tet and knew we had no way to progress forward.

youtube.com/watch?v=_X6QqZF3J14

So Russia totally would have won had they not marched on Berlin right? They wouldn't have gotten slaughtered by the wermacht the moment they decided to retaliate then?

>Surrender
>Literally not even obligated to remove their troops from occupied South Vietnamese territory

Where in Isreal did you find an idiot that thinks the US won Vietnam? This makes no sense.

Shhhhh we wun millenial snowflake!!!1!!!