Why do you have a grudge against ADHD meds? As an adult...

Why do you have a grudge against ADHD meds? As an adult, thanks to them I can get my shit together and improve myself to become what I want. Otherwise I tend to procrastinate too much and fail.

Attached: image.jpg (683x1024, 265K)

Oh, it pisses me off too.

I tried to get back on them as an adult and the hoops they want you to jump are insane. They have this idea that since adults have been exposed to recreational drug use they will automatically abuse these.

They are a good recreational drug I like Ritalin and golf or Ritalin and cleaning.

I think it's just lazy, you can in fact turn your life around without the meds you just found excuses to be lazy about it. It isn't that easy, and it takes real effort and dedication.

You also have to be serious about fixing your life. Most people just get inspired and motivated for like 2 weeks max and fall off again.

t. person who's never tried to fight the effects of mental illnesses

Oh do you think Ritalin is a magic “limitless pill”? Do you think you take it and automatically are capable of doing every productive thing you think about?

Let me be clear about this: it’s a willpower amplifier. AMPLIFIER. If you don’t want to do something you will probably fap during 4 hours, play video games or do some stupid shit. You still need to control yourself and apply your energies towards what you want to achieve, the drug only makes it easier to sustain that effort, but you need to start it first.

Attached: image.jpg (399x384, 69K)

Another Luddite attitude I fucking hate. You can also build Manchu Picchu with only simple machines, so get to it asshole.

Invalid comparison. Cognitive drugs are not a permanent solution the same way technology is. They lose their effectiveness the more you abuse them.

>I can get my shit together and improve myself by taking speed daily
Yeah no shit. I bet your room is clean as fuck.

> the more you abuse them.

And if you are a responsible human being and don’t abuse it, what’s the problem?

In my case, I when I was starting to take it to do unproductive things and was perfectly able to stop taking it to reset my tolerance and carry on drinking coffee during these days. My dose is low, I wouldn’t bet stupid people that take 200 mg of Rit per day could do this.

>I need medicine to fix myself.
Pathetic.
Took Ritalin for the better part of my childhood. Pro-tip: Don't ever give your child drugs for being hyper.

Not really, and when I’m on meds I prefer to direct that focus to academic demeanours. Wasting that power up in little tasks only would be useful as a warm up exercise

>And if you are a responsible human being and don’t abuse it, what’s the problem?

Then it's an even worse comparison in his case, as technology can be used all the time and non-abuse use of a drug is limited to a few instances per week/month.

Protip: read the OP. I’m talking about ADULT ADHD. I’m not a advocate of giving those meds to kids, so that’s out of the thread.

> and non-abuse use of a drug is limited to a few instances per week/month.

You are wrong. These meds are designed to be taken daily. That’s why therapeutic doses are low. You are describing the typical med binge that obviously would destroy anybody if they did it almost every day

Wouldn't it be more sustainable to find out why you suffer from attention issues in the first place? Everything has a reason, adult ADHD doesn't just spontaneously happen.

>Implying I didn’t try during years to fix myself with coping mechanisms, different types of organisation, relying on friends to tell me if I was dozing off my duties...

In the end, I have to use all the tools I can to bring myself to my real limit. If somebody doesn’t try to fix it first and relies on drugs directly, he isn’t doing himself a favor. As I said before, you have to combine willpower and discipline with other solutions if you want them to be useful during a long time.

The problem is that people believe there exists something too addictive for human beings to handle the freedom of being allowed to do. Yes addicts exist, but it becomes a slippery slope of "it was the substance, the person who made the decision to ingest it actually had no agency". Just think of how many obese people would be better off if the government totally controlled their food intake?

Actually how much agency do people really have over their actions? Maybe it would be better if the government controlled them, as most things are too addictive for them to really have agency and if they were allowed free will they would destroy themselves.

If willpower gets you nowhere it's better to succeed with drugs than fail without them.

Just quit Adderall. I feel alive again. It permanently shrinks your penis and makes you into a smelly wageslave. Fuck the Jews.

How much do you eat in a day? Have you had your TSH, T3/T4 tested? How often do you masturbate? Have you tried concentration practices & meditation?

>I feel alive again.
I felt the same way after quitting coffee. Finally I'm creative again, I can feel emotions again. Stimulants create such a tunnelvision for your brain. You can zero in on a straight path to your goal, but you become unable to see the other paths you could take.

>giving amphetamies to children

Yeah meds can help. But I think too many people get ADHD as a diagnosis.

I'm going to a psychiatrist soon to talk about ADD drugs. I'm 35yo.

From what I understand you can't develop ADD in adulthood, it is genetic and you will have it since birth. But many adults don't realise they have ADD. They use other coping mechanisms intead of medication.

So I want to know about the downside of ADD medication. Does it really turn you into a robot? Is it fun being a robot?

When I take coffee over a multiday period, I don't end up feeling good, I feel worn out. I reach a point where I need an extended rest. Are ADD meds the same? Is it like burning the candle at both ends? Or are they targeted enough that they can raise attentiveness without making you feel speedy?

Stop taking drugs. Increase your willpower. You will be so much happier...

>Have a job and aggressively seek better opportunities.
>Don't have children out of wedlock
>Don't spend money you don't have. Save, save, save.
>No fap
>No nicotine or alcohol degeneracy, no drugs.
>Learn new things
>Lift heavy fucking weights 6 days a wk (females too)
>Meal prep weekly
>Don't fuck around with modern mind control ie media (this includes your faggot video games and marvel movies you fucking children)
>Read, educate yourself, build things, always be growing, become extremely knowledgeable about a wide range of topics.
>Don't blame anything on anyone else, develop a high locus of control.
>You will literally become a Godlike human and no one will be able to deny your brilliance or your spirit or your accomplishments.
>You will never be depressed because you will know deep down you are living life to the fullest and becoming the best human you can be.

Talk to the doctor. They'll tell you the up- and downsides, and they can't force you to take the meds. That's up to you.

The doctor could be biased. The doctor might have become partial to the idea that the medication helps people, so he might try and talk me into it because he thinks it is good an no longer looks at it objectively. Further to that, I think they have financial incentive to put people on the prescription because then you have to see them regularly to renew the prescription, and in the initial phase you need multiple consultations to figure out the right dosage.

That's why I wanted to know about user's experiece.

>needing speed to do things
Kek, you low IQ shitskins are hilarious

> How much do you eat in a day?

I went from overweight all eating faggot to calorie restricted Jow Forums, the focus hasn’t changed

> Have you had your TSH, T3/T4 tested?

Yep, all good

> How often do you masturbate? Have you tried concentration practices & meditation?

Tried a long nofap challenge and it only helped with having more energy in the mornings, but same focus. Also, I made more moves on my gf to the point of stressing her.

Meditation helps with stress levels, but not with focus.

what brought you here to teach pigs how to sing?

They are programmed to push drugs.
Got something wrong? You have a lack of X chemical that we have in pill form for sale...er... for your government sponsored insurance to pay for!

There is no meds for the brain. Only jewpills

This message was brought to you buy the makers of Adderall.

Fuck off, you goddamn idiot. ADD is not a real diagnoses. It's just another way to drug kids, and not treat the underlying cause of anxiety.

Almost ALWAYS a thyroid issue.

Would you like to spar with me? I will destroy you.

Attached: 1511580225294.jpg (246x325, 18K)