Young men are increasingly obsessed with self-discipline and self-improvement and the self all round...

spectator.co.uk/2018/08/why-are-modern-men-obsessed-with-self-improvement/

>Young men are increasingly obsessed with self-discipline and self-improvement and the self all round. Vanity is as old as humanity, of course, as is self-restraint. But the new narcissism is about being vain and virtuous at the same time.

>Young men are drinking less alcohol, smoking less and, oddly, having less sex, perhaps because sex involves focusing on someone else. Traditional masculine pursuits are being abandoned in favour of more ethical ones. Pubs are closing down and gyms are opening up.

Attached: Narcissus_SE.jpg (820x550, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Good-Natured-Alkalyzing-No-Ingredients/dp/B00FAB10ZI?keywords=algae&qid=1533825972&sr=8-8&ref=mp_s_a_1_8
medium.com/miscellaneous-morsels/the-beautiful-ones-3e180865b57
archive.is/p8oO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is Huel that he is pouring? Why does he have a pussy on his face?

HERE’S WHY THATS A BAD THING

In other words

>Pic related

Attached: 1533145665741.jpg (690x960, 115K)

Attached: 1502365206189.png (500x1039, 244K)

powdered oats, peas, flax, rice

Read the ful article its about fags with eating disorders and vegans.

They are getting ready for war

Based poster

>Young men are drinking less alcohol, smoking less and, oddly, having less sex, perhaps because sex involves focusing on someone else.

Roastie is toastie no one pays attention to her

Taking care of yourself is "narcissism", bettering yourself is apparently the wrong thing to do nowadays, and making yourself attractive to find an equally attractive mate is shallow.

They'd never say the same thing about blacks, would they?

>haha entitled loser men think they deserve a woman
>haha wtf user why are you at the gym and saving money

As she describes, yeah some people are idiots following new-age pseudoscience trend diets and being zealots with veganism or whatever. And she seems to be aware of the "sissification" of men but I can't tell if shes complaining about it because she brings up "toxic masculinity". In general I don't think there's anything wrong with the broad idea of self-improvement, there's just a lot of misinformation.

Her rant goes all over the place, tosses in the anti-trump rhetoric and complaints about celebrities like Elon Musk or the rich. Geez

That was the most Jewish thing I've ever read

Read the article.
The author just comes close enough to identify that the movement is spurred by the misandrist culture that despise men, but stops short of actually coming out against that culture. Instead, she demonizes the incredibly benign response to it that these men have decided to do.
Ultimately, she is as self-obsessed as the men she criticizes by ending with the thought that her friend did not go out on a second date, no doubt considering her own decisions about dating.

Why?
Because I want to be better than others. Next time you are in public, have a look around. 75% of people are overweight or obese. Just by being somewhat in shape you are miles ahead of everyone else

Attached: 1533533324398.png (588x542, 462K)

How can self improvement be narcissism? it literally requires acknowledgement of your flaws and shortcomings in order to improve upon them.
Of course this shit was written by a stupid roastie.

>Where have all the good men gone?
>Men are trying to better themselves and here's why that's a bad thing

Asked and answered.

See: Death Squared by John Calhoun

Attached: calhoun-experiment.jpg (610x333, 29K)

Bad goyim.

Attached: jew angry.png (499x583, 298K)

do people really time their fitness regimen based on season? I just keep in shape year round.

It was a horrible fuckin article. She thinks /sig/ is a meme that popped up because men dont want to be Harvey Weinstein. She gets close with mentioning peterman. She could have turned it into a good article by actually fucking talking to the huel-kid and finding hes an Incel or whatever.

Instead it's a long article about fucking nonsense and conjecture.

Literally entered the thread to say they are the beautiful ones.

Thought crossed my mind too.
But with /sig/ comes fashy goy lit. She just talks about diets and gurus as if its all about Male cosmo mags

Who's this (((huel)))?
seems like they are trying to promote something here more than anything else...
trying to (((profit))) from our desire to better ourselves...

the usual (((behavior)))....

Attached: c7c.png (612x491, 98K)

>Please click my article I swear it's based I swear just click it if you don't click it Chaim beats me.

>the left spent the last 20 years complaining that American men are fat, beer-guzzling losers
>now they're complaining that American men aren't fat, beer-guzzling losers

Attached: Damn.jpg (452x308, 126K)

Because it’s all about looks as you get guys taking drugs like steroids while not eating food and instead drinking Huel, Onions, and whey. The guys she’s criticizing are obsessing over what they eat as though to cleanse themselves.

>Traditional masculine pursuits are being abandoned in favour of more ethical ones. Pubs are closing down and gyms are opening up.
Oh you mean all that toxic shit tbey didn't like say drinking and partying? Oi vey why won't they just lay down in the gutter and die?!?

>Oy vey goy, stop working out and start voting democrat! Sex is happiness and attractiveness is for narcissists!

Once you are passed the initial stage of getting basic fit you need to dedicate yourself to putting on muscle or losing fat at any given time. People do it in stages. Like 3 months of bulking 3 months of cutting or whatever.

When you are a couch potato you have no where to go but up so none of this matters to you.

>4 pairs of mice.
Were they all inbred at the end? Is that why they stopped breeding? Mabye there some pheromones that told them not to breed with each other because they were to closely related.

>he fell for the cutting and bulking meme

Get lean and stay lean

Attached: 1530542730889.jpg (736x957, 112K)

Healthy body, healthy mind bro.

based far right extremism

Yep. Good is bad

but isn't self improvement the most traditional masculine pursuit? since... forever? the last 70 years or so have been an historical aberration.

Detoxing is 100% real and I would suggest you look into it. Theres soe weird algae super foos the nips are big on it absorbs heavy metals and helps with blood sugar. Also what's wrong with Ray I thought it was natural protein without hurting an animal? You don't want us to be fit or healthy because then we won't want you fat drunken played out roasties.

>powedered oats
oats are.... oats

The human genetic tree has a pretty big fucking trunk, user.

I've always been amused at the cycle workouts as well.
You might as well just say you eat more and are less active in the winter because of holidays and snow, doing less cardio because it's sweater weather anyway. Then in the summer you're more active and eat less without so many holidays, doing more cardio to show off your tone at the beach.
That's really all it seems to be.

Attached: DM6HhqDXcAAOJPj.jpg (1200x600, 141K)

they are the "beautiful ones" from that experiment with the lab mice overpopulation.

CAnt stop the blackpill, men everyday learn more about reality..

Attached: 1b9.jpg (640x539, 43K)

>I didn't like this guy I dated, I mean my friend dated. He took me to dinner and wouldn't even eat. It's just his cheap way of getting out of paying? But then he paid anyway and had a vegan protein shake? What the hell does someone care about themselves that much for when I'm a fat slob? Don't expect me to start working out mr. It's just weird. WAAAAAA

Attached: 1461774337957.png (619x483, 26K)

Drink more and watch football goyim.

>men try to better themselves without falling trap to cancerous modernism and hedonism
WOMP WOMP

Attached: 11dove.jpg (500x463, 39K)

It is an awkward move to invite someone to dinner and then not eat dinner dude, come on.

>he doesn't know about powdered oats

I work outside and so I cut in winter. EZ mode for abs.

They wouldn't say this if men were spending money on 'taking care of' themselves.

It's more the fact men aren't dumping money into it like idiot women with cosmetics that's got the corporate mouthpieces in a tizzy.

>men improving themselves is a bad thing.

>smoking/drinking/slutting it up are GOOD, do more of that you idiots!

okayyyy then.

If anyone was unsure of the hatred these people have for straight white males, you better wake the fuck up.

Get fit, get organized.

No more brother wars.

Attached: ULTIMATECHAD.jpg (634x749, 64K)

Huel is the yuro version of onions.

Whew I can't type sry anons heres a link tho amazon.com/Good-Natured-Alkalyzing-No-Ingredients/dp/B00FAB10ZI?keywords=algae&qid=1533825972&sr=8-8&ref=mp_s_a_1_8
Spirulina is a crazy organism
>Spirulina is a blue-green freshwater algae that is rich in protein and can help boost your immune system and regulate cholesterol and blood pressure levels.

i agree with this guy i mean, really, who would invite somebody else out to dinner and then not eat? are you saving your apetite for later? i hope you eat my ass real good, cuz we both know ure hungry

Fuck that I want you and the US to kill each other due to Saudi Arabia.

It's pretty good desu, gives you all your body needs without the extra crap and sugar that they put in everything now.

I use it when I can't be bothered to cook anything. Taste takes some getting used to though.

how does she not realize this is a decent time that will only get better for the ladies. bunch of fit guys who dont piss away all their money but cant get any ass. those are divorced dads in the making.

ITT Stoicism is on the rise - and that's a bad thing

they are really exposing themselves lately

>silly goy, stop holding that boulder up and come do MDMA/have a foursome with me! improving yourself is so unattractive

Attached: dumbg0y.jpg (1703x934, 367K)

You bulk late summer to early winter, then cut winter to early spring. Eatting like a fatass DURING winter will make you a fatass for most of spring and a good chunk of summer.

the inversion of the spiritual world is indeed true.

Up is down, good is bad.

Get your spirits sorted out, do NOT ignore spiritual exercises, read your philosophy and your bible. Try to lift others up too.

Attached: PRAISEBEUNTOHIM.jpg (1875x918, 362K)

you made this 2-3 years ago, didn't you?

Who do you think wanted to go to to dinner? He probably invited her out to an activity but I bet she just wanted to do dinner because she's an unoriginal cunt.

It's supposed to be S O Y free.

uh.... I hate to break it to you you gyppo freak... but the US vs canada isnt exactly a "both die" type fight... we would be steam rolled so fast its not even funny.

But you know... keep up that divide and conquer tactic.. only makes us stronger and more dedicated.

Attached: 1511150668689.jpg (500x491, 147K)

No matter what men do be it negative or positive some whiny cunt on some stupid online "news" site will bitch and complain and find some way to degrade and chastise men for everything they do. God fucking forbid men want to improve their minds and bodies. Fucking parasite women. It''s all gotta be about you whores and your worn out cunts 24-7 huh?

Attached: tumblr_obi21alL1Q1ukbz7qo1_500.gif (480x360, 1.98M)

>Why won't you spend $20 for a plate of Sysco truck generic slop covered in salt and msg and spic fluids?

Attached: 1513439790030.jpg (2047x1208, 342K)

>a sober and loveless existence sustained by multivitamins and flaxseed powder is the new "self improvement"

basically this

You need to be enriched by the strong hispanic seed leaf , now open wide for in a short while you will join them.

It's pretty fucking obvious why. Women are more picky. Men think they have to be better to attract them.

shut up leaf, Saudi fucking Arabia just tanked your whole market because you faggots can not stop being feminist doggy dick sucking pussies

Day of the rake is upon us

or maybe you don't surround your whole life about what roasties want and do things for yourself

>the inversion of the spiritual world is indeed true.
All that has been done on earth against "the noble," "the powerful," "the masters," "the rulers," fades into nothing compared with what the Jews have done against them; the Jews, that priestly people, who in opposing their enemies and conquerors were ultimately satisfied with nothing less than a radical revaluation of their enemies' values, that is to say, an act of the most spiritual revenge.

i think everyone here should go read this. i just did and it really frightened me. i was lost and so i started going to the gym everyday. this helped me realize some things.

short excerpt:
medium.com/miscellaneous-morsels/the-beautiful-ones-3e180865b57

>caring for yourself is bad

Holly fuck

That's not how humans work. Mammals want to mate. MGTOW are the minority.

men are more vain because the internet allows them to communicate with many men. it's a giant community of narcissism.
Men used to be more socially isolated.

The cut/bulk style is meant to mimick the real-life way we handled nutrition and body health in the tens of thousands of years in which we didn't have easy access to infinite food.

You bulk up just before winter, build a little fat to live on, then live lean and slow through winter.
When spring is close, you get active and eat normally.

Beauty and virtue, its what anyone should strive for!

'vanity' is a christcuck term to make you stay weak, its slave morality for the sheep, embrace struggle and make a man of yourself.

Vanity is like gluttony, going over board to point of making yourself sick is bad for you

no it isn't. she's painting guys on the path to improvement as that, this isn't a case of mistaken identity, its more of a strawman.

only the last 40 years men have been obssessed with hedonistic pleasures that provide nothing to the society
believe it or not, men used to be traditional and full of pride and fought for themselves and their people rather than an one night stand

the article is behind a paywall or whatever, can someone screen shot it and post it?

Getting in shape isnt vanity...

this womans article comes off not only as man hating, but extremely bitter.

She sounds like she is surrounded by onions drinking huel drinking whatever fad diet skinny fat guys and she hasnt had a good fuck in years.

Meanwhile she longs for actual male attention from guys who build muscle to be stronger, who work out to be healthier, which she simply cannot get because she sounds like a shril roastie

here are your you's you fucks,

Attached: false flag.jpg (666x1234, 261K)

virgin MGTOW incel who fails to become a man so he takes his toys to go jack off in his room and never go outside because girls are too hard to attract.. imagine thinking that being selfish and surrendering to your "desires" as being seen as "manly". This is the exact opposite of the original post.

just disable javascript

archive.is/p8oO8

(((Huel))) is a "complete food" meal replacement powder for people who can't cook for themselves I guess.

>having less sex, perhaps because sex involves focusing on someone else.
It couldn't possibly be that modern whorebitches don't meet male standards. Ha! No.. the problem must be men. Let's project our selfish vapid vanity onto them and analyze such that all conclusions make them weird and/or evil.

Attached: 1509463834995.png (1080x1920, 1.07M)

>Stop taking care of yourself goy!

Attached: 1522269520398.jpg (218x255, 36K)

Hail Hortler, Bitch

Attached: 1532412485167.png (715x3119, 401K)

>Self Improvement is bad
Fucking Crabs i swear

>a women wrote this, what a surprise

Attached: This is why women will never ber equal to their male masters.png (844x192, 117K)

But that is driven by obsession with what others think of you. Being fat and slovenly is true narcissism.

>spic fluids
KEK

Well, I'm glad to see that I've made the correct decision to quit everything and take a canoe full of food and camping equipment and hide out somewhere. Good luck in the next decade or so, Jow Forums
I have a feeling we'll need all the luck we can get

Attached: Nasim87.jpg (828x725, 97K)

>virgin MGTOW incel

x3 Roastie shaming Spot

Stay mad and save your flaps

bye

Attached: 151494924618.png (875x702, 935K)

>Young men are drinking less alcohol, smoking less and, oddly, having less sex, perhaps because sex involves focusing on someone else.
what would happen if men stopped focusing on sex and put their male energies into something else? probably nothing good

Attached: DSC_9832-1080x675.jpg (1080x675, 136K)

I dont know anybody like this