HAPPENING: TRUMP TO BRING BACK HEALTHY LIGHT BULBS

Attached: 1526385951099.png (981x625, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jx1d3j1IEoI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tnslvi_qaa0
youtube.com/watch?v=wOW6gtxfk8U
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bestiality-legal-canada-supreme-court-a7073196.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good, incandescent are so much nicer to look at. Every led i have bought so far has died before i would reach the break even point over incandescent.
fuck obama

The fuck is a healthy lightbulb

use a candle you degenerate electric light coming from anything other than a screen is degenerate

it's fucking amazing how many 'rules' (i.e. de facto law) were made up out of fucking thin air by the Obama white house.
Honestly. Shouldn't such a "rule" with such a wide impact require an actual law passed by congress?

Based. Trump saving magick.

incandescent bulbs are shit by design. Literally running current through a filament causing an excess of energy to be released as heat (why they burn out to begin with bc shit melts) and some light. Of course if you want to pay more for electricity be my guest; buyer beware!

This desu.

Google "wien's law" if you're an uninformed burger.

They didn't outlaw the VCR and we did just fine advancing as a society?

Americans make their own laws you faggot.

LED lights flash at high frequencies, and can have weird psychological effects. Had some really crappy LED lights strung together lighting my living room and started developing eyesight problems.(Kinda blurry vision, seeing faint colored blotches) Got rid of them and everything went back to normal, though...

that's why you don't buy the $1 LED bulbs at supermarkets

or you don't ban lightbulbs because of made up global warming, retard

You're thinking of fluorescent lights. LEDs can be set up to flash or not to flash. By using pulse wave modulation you can have the LED change brightness by adjusting the frequency of on/off cycles. In a conventional direct current setup, an LED emits a constant source of light.

All thats left of Obama's legacy is Cuban tourism.
I already went to Cuba, so he can go right ahead and cancel that shit too.

Attached: 353.jpg (2560x1920, 1.45M)

It was never illegal to buy incandescents (unless you lived in commiefornia maybe) you just had to look harder. LEDs suck for dimmer switches

Good to know. I had mine hooked up to a near broken dimmer, so that definitely explains some things.

Tell me about the trip user

Fucking based.
I thought we had such shitty laws only in the (((EU))).

>by this logic the govt should outlaw anything they label outdated?
We’re tossing failed democracy out when????

You could fly into Cuba before just not directly from an American airport

This and low flush toilets is all he has to fix for me to praise him. I'm actually shocked.

No need to ban em.
Just promote good LED, not the shit kind.

Idiot. My 5X 60watt overhead incandescent gives me light AND heat in the winter. LEDs are dirty tech, like smartphones. Cause way more pollution than they solve

You're paying for 59 watts of heat and 1 watt of light dummy.

We should turn brainlets like you into food.

5 super cargo ships pollute more than every car in the world together.
lets go green and ship crappy lightbulbs from china.

Good. 50cent light bulbs used to last for 50 years. $5 light bulbs don't even last 5 fucking months.

Vid attached is regular, non communist, light bulb that is still going after 116 years.
youtu.be/jx1d3j1IEoI
FUCK YOU OBAMA VOTERS! DIE! ALL OF YOU! Goddamn unaware and compliant pieces of shit.

>disregarding the fact that different light technologies emit different light spectra
>disregarding that this is what actually matters for the human perception of the light, and thus everything illuminated by it, and ultimately human well-being

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 28K)

WTF, is mercury all of a sudden bad for you?

That "light bulb" is the same as using your oven filament as a light source. Yes your oven will heat up for 200 years and not break, but holy shit is it not good design.

LEDs give soft lighting in the edges of rooms, which I like in addition to the bigger variance in colors. I just have them set to purely R, G, or B on any night to mix things up.

Attached: only-god-forgives_0c3577ba-750x4001.jpg (750x400, 76K)

I stocked up before the ban and still have a few left but was seriously considering going to Mexico to buy some more.

No, he's right. LED bulbs do flicker. It's noticeable if you move your hand around in your peripheral vision. The movement appears juddery, like a strobe effect.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tnslvi_qaa0

The wonderful thing about LEDs is they can be tweaked to emit a wide variety of wavelengths. Tungsten bulbs depend on the coating of the bulb itself to get their specific colours.

This is the problem of having a weak congress and an unchecked executive

lol , remember when obama gave foreign companies millions of dollars to produce lightbulbs they already had designs for, and they were complete shit and toxic to boot?

I still buy the old ones anyway.

>an LED emits a constant source of light.
a literal impossibility

>We should turn brainlets like you into food

Attached: FADF49C3-9B28-4E10-9357-23EBBF33D18D.jpg (500x726, 76K)

A W E S O M E

the light spectrum on LEDs is shit and not good for you

And herein lies the problem. LEDS operate on DC, fluorescents and incandescent bulbs operate on AC.
So you need a rectifier to power the LED bulb, and most manufacturers just put a shitty half wave rectifier in the bulb, that either burns out in 3 months or causes strobing due to leakage from from the AC frequency.

led bulbs are great, when you spend money on them. Cheap LEDS are a house fire waiting to happen. Compact fluorescents are still the far superior solution.

Supposedly LED's emit a spectrum of light that can cause cancer.

>incandescent bulbs are shit by design.
yeah, inventing the light bulb was bullshit should've stuck with oil lanterns, now those were hot shit boy! yeeeehaw!

>2018
>Still failing for the electric jew

Attached: 1528450077416.jpg (245x246, 13K)

Back to r/the_donald , mutt

This.

I want to bash in the tail lamps of every fucking car that has these obnoxious LED pieces of shit in them.

Based, light bulb ban was so fucking stupid. I don't even have hate Obama but he did so much trivial shit and wasted so much time.

Thus we need a FULL BRIDGE RECTIFIER
youtube.com/watch?v=wOW6gtxfk8U

My led Christmas bulbs gave people headaches, didn't bother me but everyone else would get headaches in my living room and it stopped when i too them down.

This.
LED's emit blue light, which causes health problems including cancer.
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

Thank God! LED lights are inhuman and depressing. Use fucking dimmers if you want to save money or "energy" or what the fuck ever. Dimmed incandescent light is FAR more pleasant and relaxing. I hope trump rescinds all of the nigger bama laws.

Attached: lightolier.jpg (262x193, 7K)

Why is Canadian logic so fucking out there? It's like you're all on drugs, the conclusions you leafs come to are retarded

American LED lasts close to 3 years with average usage
you'll be lucky if a regular light bulb lasts 1 year
stop using Chinese crap you stupid faggot
LED is the future

"no", thanks to edison's superior DIRECT CURRENT

Well yeah, but those are comparatively expensive to both alternatives and hard to fit into the 20 or 30mm base of the bulb. And even if you do a full bridge rectifier, the heat of the bulb will still cook it in a few months. Well build it out of better components.

Now you can buy 6 cfls for the price of one good led.

They just aren't worth it.

lightbulbs can be made to never die..the lightbulb fags all got together and agreed to make them die after a certain time when they realized they'd go out of business once everyone bought a bulb

Thin, cold air kills brain cells.

OMFG incandescent bulbs are stupid

CFL's are like twice as expensive, 4 vs 2 dollars but they last for 10 years or more and use 1% as much electricity and don't create heat that is a fire hazard

>lol but what about mercury?
just don't eat it retard, oh but I forgot I am talking to Trump supporters

Attached: sofuckingmad.jpg (225x225, 5K)

LED are shit. Box says "10,000 hours of light for pennies". Fucking things flicker and burn out in 6 months, and cost 4x an incandescent. The low frequency hertz of the refresh rate of LED give people headaches. In California, the rare stores that still sell the incandescent bulbs don't sell the standard wattage. Need a 60w replacement? Fuck you, here's 48w. Need a 100w? Good fucking luck.

Oh, and ban plastic straws too, because a 9 year old wrote a school report about straws in a turtle's nose.

Cheap LED bulbs have made incandescents outdated. CFLs were the big problem, and we've moved past those.

As opposed to "energy efficient" leds? Yea sure the cost far less to run but the materials required to produce them, and the processes involved, are extremely shit for the environment. That same logic is the same bullshit thought pattern behind importing high crime, societally detrimental shit skins so you can have cheaper strawberries and lawn maintenance.

see

Arent those twisty bulbs that are supposed to save energy still good?

Canucks of all people should understand the value of heat.

This board is full of contrarians who couldn't pass high school physics. I'm talking unironic appalachia niggers inhabit this board. The concept of "electrical efficiency" and "good design" are lost on them due to "muh flickers, muh bulbs I bought weren't the colour I like despite not shopping around". Explaining the actual mechanics behind an LED would be like trying to teach a dog to do taxes. It's just not worth it.

i too love waiting 10 minutes in a poorly lit room for my bulbs to finally reach peak brightness.

cfls are also fragile as fuck.

led is supreme.

I dont care what powers it, led function via strobing

Wouldn't need electrical efficiency if we eliminated all parasitic drag from the human race.

this. LEDs are better in every way. They've finally got ones that do "daylight" color and don't look weird anymore.

This, LED is the only way. They take like 1/10th of the power for the same brightness, I never have to worry about my power bill if I keep a few of them running for longer than I need them. I can literally light up the whole house with as much power as a single incandescent would use.

lol yeah cuz in the middle of summer I want to use a light bulb that wastes most of its energy via heat.

They're definitely better on the eyes, I don't disagree. But replacing my entire house with good quality LED bulbs has saved me a fortune. I can leave my porch and side door light on all night and I'm still saving money. My LED motion sensor flood lights in the back are really nice too.

He was referring to CFLs, not LEDs.

Further you just brought up some advertisement video, but couldn't show any actual LED spectra similar to incandescent light bulbs.

>light coming from anything other than a screen is degenerate
I'm okay with that. I've accepted the degeneracy, and I can live with it.

>I will be allowed to buy incandescent light bulbs again
>oh no that means I am forced to do it
???

CFL bulbs suck cock. And yeah, mercury actually is an issue, because retards don't dispose of them properly.
LEDs are superior, but I'd take incandescent over shitty CFL bulbs.

They were banned? They still sell them at dollar stores here.

Not only that but when they start to burn out they flicker like fucking nuts, and the way that they flicker causes serious optical illusions. I saw one burn out and start flickering in the middle of the night and, the speed at which it was flickering coupled with the oscillation of it (it was like a pattern that was being modulated so that it never flickered the same way twice) caused everyone that saw it to feel extremely uneasy to the point of fear.. and when I say fear I mean everyone in the room damned near had a breakdown over it, the shit was trance inducing and had everyone thinking that reality broke. When the light flicked off it looked like it was generating "anti-light" like the darkness of it looked darker than darkness if that makes sense.

Thank God.
I want my warm, gold tinted lighting back so I an feel at peace again, nit some cold bleach white/blue light that feels like the world froze over and I'm the only one left in it.

Maybe it's a state by state thing but I think they only banned the higher wattage incandescent bulbs. You can still find the standard 60w and lower bulbs.

That said the main argument against the rules were that the only practical alternative to incandescent bulbs at the time was compact fluorescent bulbs, which contained mercury, emit UV light, were not dimmable, and took a few minutes to reach full brightness. They're just shit in general.

Now that LED bulbs are affordable you can barely find compact fluorescents in stores. The only downside is that they emit some wavelengths of light that are bad for your eyes in the long-term. That can be resolved by adding filters though, so I think LEDs are here to stay.

By the way you're probably staring at an LED backlit screen right now.

Why? LED light bulbs are more power efficient, and they last way longer. I switched every bulb in my house with an LED bulb a few months after moving in, and it shaved close to $10 off my power bill each month. I've also been living here for almost 2 years, and only ONE bulb has burned out.

I was even able to contact the bulb company (Phillips) and they sent me a free replacement bulb since it died so quickly, probably a manufacturing defect or something.

LED bulb tech has come a long way. I would never dream of using anything else in my home.

What a stupid law people stockpiled lighbulbs because of this

I know that there was an outcry, and also this is a breach of federalism to have a nation-wide ban on incandescent bulbs, but I never minded. It seemed like a clever way to achieve a 1% (or so) decrease in power consumption for our over-worked electrical grid. I'd pay an extra $100 or so for this. In my area, we are constructing massive computer co-lo facilities and the power supplies are struggling to keep up.

Attached: Keynesian Economics.jpg (236x233, 18K)

lol this is a good point.

Finally, I miss my comfy warm desk lamp. LEDs are great for many purposes, but the desk lamp should remain incandescent

i agree that incandescent bulbs are an antiquated design that wastes electricity, but the replacements aren't up to snuff yet, ill switch if they can give me the light color i know and love

i stockpiled incandescents before they stopped production in canada, i have over 1000 of them lmao

>I don't care if you prefer it because it's a more pleasant experience, the raw data shows my preference is more efficient and therefore better

this is what autism actually looks like.

That delicious whale oil

This

>teach a dog to do taxes.
Leaf just leave your girlfriend out of this.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bestiality-legal-canada-supreme-court-a7073196.html

ya ya ya and Mr Trump is bringing back asbestos too! Asbestos for every american MAGA! Pretty soon everyone will be eating butter again instead of margarine thanks Mr Trump!

Attached: 153378864105734321.jpg (750x990, 157K)

/thread

I’m literally going to ace after work to buy ultra soft white led’s because the ones in my house look like hospital halogen lights

I DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A WALMART

>Every led i have bought so far has died before i would reach the break even point over incandescent.
both incandescents and LEDs have planned obsolescence

if you want to see Trump do something actually good, make him put a country-wide ban on planned obsolescence on goods that can be built to last for decades/centuries

its better for the environment too.

Thank God. Incandescents are the only thing that works in my barn for any period of time. All other alternatives either take to long to come on in the cold or just plain shit out on me in the filth.