What do you think about GMO?

Bad or good? Why?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1600x1200, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/monsantos-gmo-corn-linked_n_420365.html
ewg.org/agmag/2015/03/claims-gmo-yield-increases-don-t-hold
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3927085/
genestogenomes.org/enhancer-promoter-distance-is-a-potent-modulator-of-gene-expression/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_cloning#Steps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restriction_enzyme
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5133049/Aluminium-vaccines-cause-autism.html
youtu.be/MA2D48x9Kkc
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
theguardian.com/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cleaner and better than what is fed in filthy countries. eat them

It’s terrible and literal poison just like chemtrails and fluoride. Listen to Israel though.

They allow more food to be grown on less land supporting a larger global population. I.E. more shitskins. Ban them.

Fpbp. Israelis never lie.

How? I think you know nothing about genetics and proteomics.

I actually do I studied it in uni I was just trying to bait retard boomers

>plant GMOs
>use more aggressive pesti and herbicides
>create more resistant and aggressive pests and weeds that are immune to conventional pesti and herbicides
>conventional crops are pushed out of business since they cant be defendet from pests and weeds as the stuff required is too aggressive and kills the plant itself
>buy Totally Not Cancercausing FishTomato™ seeds to replace your crops as those are the only one able to withstand the poisons for the new Herbs and Weeds
>Monsato can cash in as much as they want for the seeds as they have the patent for them and no other crops can be farmed anymore due to resistent pests and weeds

And that is ignoring that we dont even need GMOs since we produce enough food, and that its just that we throw about half of the stuff we harvest away and that distribution is the issue and not supply.

Also ignores the shit about the GMO Corn causing organ failure

Ignoring that adding a new gene may interact with other genes on the other end of the DNA string in unpredictable ways potentially making it produce toxins that will cause cancer in a couple years or decades even way after the test phase is finished killing off great part of the population that unknowingly ate the poison.

Why is anyone defending this shit again?

GMOs are unnecessary, they dont even produce more yield as promised, so "wanting maimum yield with minimum investment" doesnt hold up
ewg.org/agmag/2015/03/claims-gmo-yield-increases-don-t-hold
especially considdering that GMOs usually are made infertile having the farmer have buying new seeds each year for more money since they want to cash in on those copyrighted seeds.

and it still its risky since we cant possibly tell how genes interact, what enzyms and proteins they will produce and how it will effect us.

Literal retard

>no argument

Attached: discussion.png (500x488, 59K)

>flat earthers
>anti-vaxers
>climate change deniers
>holocaust deniers
>every shooting is a hoax
>anti-gmo
when did Jow Forums become so unequivocally retarded?

shut up shills.
Genetic Modified Orgasnism means you are getting genetic modified too.
It's bad.

Why waste my time with a literal retard.

>puts flat earth on top of a bunch of real conspiracies
when did shills get so easy to see through?

GMOs can create abnormal proteins which are not destroyed by cooking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

>links huffpost

Goddamn Germans

>Ignoring that adding a new gene may interact with other genes on the other end of the DNA string in unpredictable ways potentially making it produce toxins that will cause cancer in a couple years or decades even way after the test phase is finished killing off great part of the population that unknowingly ate the poison.

Jesus fucking christ what the absolute fuck do they teach in germany holy shit

Attached: 1332935002682.jpg (303x276, 10K)

It's fine. But copyright a plant is a bit fucked up. Monsanto is/was evil.

No they literally don't you fucking 60 iq brainlet holy shit

Did everyone on Jow Forums fail biology or something jfc

so genes arent interacting with one another?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3927085/
>Due to advances in genome-wide technologies, consistent distant interactions within chromosomes of higher eukaryotes have been revealed. In particular, it has been shown that enhancers can specifically and directly interact with promoters by looping out intervening sequences, which can be up to several hundred kilobases long.
or are you arguing those cant produce any cancerous toxins or toxins in general? or is it that you just dont have any argument?

in what ways do you believe? its fine.

checked. source on GMOs creating those?

I’d say so judging by the this guys post here
>enchancers interact with polymerase and promoters over long distances

Wow no fucking shit.

Those are enhancers you brain dead retard, there is nothing unpredictable about how they act, and GMOs don't make enhancers out of nowhere.

Holy shit man did you pass biology? Answer honestly

It's fine. Golden Rice baby.

>we dont even need GMOs since we produce enough food
If we produce enough food those alleged problems you claim would not be a problem
>we cant possibly tell how genes interact, what enzyms and proteins they will produce and how it will effect us
Proteins are not that random and chaotic, proteins have a well defined structure and function, toxic proteins and genes will be toxic in all environments except adapted ones. Also if you eat fish with tomato is similar that eating a tomato with some fish gene, since you are mixing the proteins

what do you assume happens if suddenly the distance between enhancer and promoter gets altered?
genestogenomes.org/enhancer-promoter-distance-is-a-potent-modulator-of-gene-expression/
>There are two general schools of thought about how enhancer-promoter (EP) pairs are defined. One is that enhancers select particular promoters through specific protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions. The other model is that the EP interactions are essentially non-specific, and the key factor in determining the relationship is the distance between the enhancer and promoter
so if the distance gets altered suddenly other genes get promoted and others dont leading to completely new expression of the genes in form of new proteins that then can cause harm to humans. and splicing in a gene into the code happens to does change the distance.

Stop lying. Prion diseases have nothing to do with GMO

>If we produce enough food those alleged problems you claim would not be a problem
but they can very quickly become a problem due to that practice. even if we just at some point have to use pesticides and herbicides strong enough that they kill ourselves and arent getting off the plants with simple washing.

Again something that has nothing to do with GMO. Can you provide a example of a protein that can change its toxicity depending on the cell environment?

For some reason it's bad only for white people, must be our weak genetics. So sad for us... If you have any nog, kike, arab, or asian (including poos and native 'americans'!) in your genetics you go right ahead because you won the genetic lottery. You can dive right in and eat all the genetically modified wheat flour processed foods you want. You can guzzle GMO corn syrup like ... well, coke! and you'll be just fine. Guzzle that mana all day. You'll not only be just fine, you might even get super powers from it!

White people, though, you better stick to organic pasture raised grass fed beef and dairy products, maybe some heirloom leafy greens and only sourdough breads (none of that GMO yeast!) made with heirloom wheat because that's all your genetically capable of tolerating. Got it? Good. Sure does suck to have those weak genetics.

Attached: DESSERT.png (1796x1894, 3.74M)

not necessarily cancer, but they do enough damage either way already.

also if a gene is prevelant that usually is not expressed that then happens to get a promoter due to change in positions relative to another that gene that then happens to be expressed could be a cancer causing one. remember we dont know what a huge part of the genetic code does. yet people deem it safe to fuck around with that code in our food

It's not dangerous. It's literally just normal plant splicing but in terms of genetic analysis. So instead of waiting 10 years for a mature tree to grow, you just analyze the sprouts of a particular batch for a favorable gene and mix it with another. So if you want a larger juicier apple you breed the sprouts of large bitter apple producing trees with those that produce small sweet ones until eventually you get the good of both.

Considering we've been manipulating genes of fruits and veggies for millennia....

Attached: So you don't like passport, that ok.jpg (384x313, 110K)

What if we use that to make a deadly thing safe to eat. That’s why we use controls and shit.

The distance doesn't get altered you fucking moron jesus fucking christ i cant believe i have to explain this

Attached: Recombinant_formation_of_plasmids.svg.png (616x500, 45K)

dont screw around with the fundamental mechanisms of nature and DEFINITELY dont eat it you stupid cunts

An enhancer is both: a dna region upstream the promoter and a protein that acts increasing gene expression. Altering the distance between enhancer (dna region) and promoter will cause enhancers (protein) to increase more or to increase less the expression of the (trans) gene. The first thing they do when scientist put a gene out of place is screening the expression levels to check if they were successful and if the expression level is the desired one. How is this a issue?

It's natural for humans to modify our environment

>putting new genes in between other genes does not alter the distance between the other genes despite there being more genes now

If you’ve ever eaten a red grapefruit or seedless banana it’s too late for you matey

shills

>selective breeding is the same as taking genes of an entirely foreign organism that under normal circumstances would never have been able to exchange any genes
was wondering when that bullshit gets brought up here, conflating selective breeding with GMOs

Good. Everyone who says otherwise has literally no idea how plants are bred (hint: regular breeding uses radioactivity and mutagenic chemicals).

Hybridisation and protoplast fusions are both non-GMO despite creating a completely new species.

>thinks ruby red grapefruit being bombarded with X-rays selective breeding

>creating a completely new species.
sounds like it's genetically modified to me.

Oh my god this is your last fucking (You) you brain dead simpleton I am not your goddamn biology teacher

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_cloning#Steps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restriction_enzyme

Do NOT reply to me until you have read both those articles fully

Attached: BamHI2.png (1024x576, 70K)

its still more natural than the GMO shit. especially since radiation of all kind is all around us.

>natural
Dead from bacterial infection is more natural than using antibiotics. What's your point?

I would say in my expertly educated opinion, that you are an evil sorcerer who is intent on spreading your witchcraft and evil symbols all over the world.
People like you should be quartered and thrown into the sea.

>X-rays at levels causing chromosomal shattering more natural than modifying plants using natural agrobacterium

My God man look at his post Jesus fucking christ I learned about frame shift mutations in like 6th grade

How is German education this bad

Somebody please fucking tell me, or assure me that i'm just arguing with a turk or something

it's alright, the idea that it is "toxic" is laughable uninformed hysteria.

Your IQ must be at least 18 to post here. sage

>single German poster has redeemed his country in the name of Christine Volhard.

Have heard an interesting concept, because governments do not invest much in agricultural development all of the PhDs in the field go to work for places like Monsanto, and GMO’s are the culmination of all research, development and advancement of knowledge.
Makes sense to me and really don’t have a reason to believe them to be harmful to people, but the anti GMO shills are just so persistent and vocal, I really don’t know enough to care either way.
Tell me what to believe Jow Forums! KEK

I feel like I ate a pack of duracells when i eat gmo (((foods))). I steer clear when I can.

I'm closer to 180 than to 18

Never believe a jew. NEVER

They’re trying to turn everyone into trannies with this shit

even if you go with "they are not dangerous to peoples health" GMOs are still a threat to the entire ecosystem of the earth>>plant GMOs
>>use more aggressive pesti and herbicides
>>create more resistant and aggressive pests and weeds that are immune to conventional pesti and herbicides
>>conventional crops are pushed out of business since they cant be defendet from pests and weeds as the stuff required is too aggressive and kills the plant itself
>>buy Totally Not Cancercausing FishTomato™ seeds to replace your crops as those are the only one able to withstand the poisons for the new Herbs and Weeds
>>Monsato can cash in as much as they want for the seeds as they have the patent for them and no other crops can be farmed anymore due to resistent pests and weeds
eventully we will get som roided up super bugs and weeds and if you happen to know, the ecosystem is sensitive.

Then why did you make a topic that attracts schizophrenics, just personal amusement?

GMOS ARE TOXIC REEEEEE
>smokes
>drinks
>regularly consumes more than the safe limit of caffeine
>does coke on weekends
>never exercises

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (400x400, 557K)

All food is genetically modified. Agriculture was invented 8000 years ago.

GMO production is a vector for illness causing pryon production. Genetically altered yeast that produced tryptophan killed thousands in the 70. These scientists have blinders to the effects their abomination create. There are some experiments that should never leave the confines of the human mind.

>projects his own issues onto others

Attached: sceptic.png (1902x785, 846K)

>pryon
>tryptophan
>GMO
Kek

The food survives being doused with chemicals that otherwise kill most plants on contact. So you're eatibg genetically modified food that is literally covered in poison. The scraps are killing our livestock. Our people are sick. Completely banned in Euroupe. Why are we debating this?

actually I'm not, i don't smoke, I'm giving up drinking, i don't do any other drugs and I've started working out every other day.
But tell me seriously, have you ever known anyone in person who says "gmos are bad" who doesn't smoke weed and have an unhealthy lifestyle in general? they tend to be massive hypocrites in my experience.

Attached: blemp.jpg (622x960, 47K)

i dont know many that care about such issues at all, so i cant tell. however how is it hypocritical?
having one bad habbit everyone knows is bad is better than having poisoned food you cant even distinguish in the market from normal food, thus it doesnt only effect those that want to eat it, but everyone. severity of the toxicity is also an issue. how much do you need to consume something before health issues appear?

then there are the numerous enviromental issues too which you cant avoid at all, no matter your lifestyle, once they kick in.

>how is it hypocritical?
how can you not see?
nothing you said refutes the fact that it's hypocritical.

Attached: identifying arguments.jpg (598x792, 237K)

so when i drink coke, since that is unhealthy with all the sugar and caffeine, i am not allowed to criticize for example asbestos which causes cancer? because thats pretty much your line of logic there.

>sounds like it's genetically modified to me.
Yes. Sounds like it is genetically modified to me too. Yet it is classified as breeding. Look up hybridisation for yourself, if you don't believe me.

The funny thing is that almost every plant you eat is a human invention. We have wild carrots here. Their roots are brownish, small and bitter. Wild bananas have seeds and are comparatively hard shell. We made cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, rapeseed, mustard, text text text as variants from one single species.

Especially ridiculous with the new CRISPR technology. If you use radiation to breed a plant and you introduce 50 mutations then it is not GMO; if you use CRISPR to introduce one of these 50, then it is.

>poisoned food
t. Claudia Roth

There are literally hundreds of Nobel laureates and tens of thousands of scientists that say it is save, but you rather believe the greens and mainstream journalists (who vote 40% green in Germany).

Holy shit all the pro-gmo tards.

same could be said about autism and vaccines, and yet it turned out that vaccines actually do have a link to autism.
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5133049/Aluminium-vaccines-cause-autism.html

fuck off with your appeal to authority.

congratulations on being a retard.
here's my previous posts summed up in two quotes directly from them;
> person who says "gmos are bad"
> they tend to be massive hypocrites in my experience
also i didn't mean coca cola you fucking virgin.
just to clarify, the hypocrisy is; if you care enough about health to have a major problem with GMOs, for health reasons, you are a hypocrite if you also partake in many very unhealthy actions.

Attached: nope you're getting gassed.gif (149x181, 836K)

Literally all food is GMO. Crops, livestock, all of it. Anything that has been selectively bred or planted by humans is GMO. 100% of all food we eat today is GMO. Non-GMO is a myth.

Food scientist here. I was in a thread a week or so ago talking about the microbial outbreaks in McDonald's lettuce.

GMO is fine. As of right now there's about seven to nine crops that are transgenic either to resist pesticides or to resist pests. That said, these aren't crops that wind up in your supermarket. It's mainly alfalfa, s o y, and corn, the byproducts of which go into animal feed and some very limited human applications. People get scared of GMO because they think either a) the transgenic rna is going to create a toxic protein or b) pesticide resistance means more likely to get pesticides on finished product. The second one is actually pretty spooky, glyphosate is a bitch. But for just about any plant that you eat, you get much better results from selective polinatuon techniques.

If you havnt heard of this shit talking
ProudGoy then get comfy and listen up

Based Bellagio NAMES THE ZIONISTS!!! shows sam hydes new video!! And really breaks down the modern Gestalts!!! Brand new stream!!

youtu.be/MA2D48x9Kkc

You wanna see this

Attached: 1533828235279.png (627x919, 105K)

i didnt refer to the coke you meant, thus i made it specifically clear which coke i mean to make my point, and the reasoning is the same. "i have unhealthy habit x thus i can not complain about the government pushing unhealthy bullshit y onto us"
then there is still the issue that GMOs arent marked for the most part and the meat that gets fed GMOs during the breeding are marked much less making it even impossible to properly avoid it if you care enough to conciously decide to do so. all the other actions are free choices of you own where you pretty much exactly know what you are getting into.

>I have unhealthy habits
>i want my food to be healthier
>it will be negated by my own unhealthy habits
do you seriously think this just refuted my statements?
where the fuck are your arguments, lad?

Attached: wtf am i reading.png (445x384, 410K)

Again... all food is GMO everything we eat is GMO. Go to the supermarket and walk around 100% of what you see is GMO. Humans have genetically modified everything they eat. If you really want non gmo have some non-gmo corn. Pic Related. Still probably modified though...

Attached: FP0Ra.png (426x677, 483K)

Good because only mutts eat these, they will all die from cancer and aids.
Bad, Because Israel will profit

GMO will ensure that the majority of western men get his testosterone and immune system even lower. Cancer + faggotry. Eat raw meat, milk and eggs.

selective breeding is not the same as splicing in foreign genes that would under no natural cause get into that genepool.

the argument is that the others can easily be avoided, while GMOs cant.
according to your logic i would be a hypocrite if i smoke but refuse to take other neurotoxins since i expose myself already to nicotine.

then there still is the huge enviromental factor it threatens wreck havoc on which everyone ignores

Then say you're against splicing foreign genes. Selective breeding is literal genetic modification. Not my fault your terminology is retarded.

you know full well what people mean when they say gmo and you know we are not talking of selective breeding. classic shill talking point to play the semantics game to make transgenic abomination foods seem more normal.

when people talk about gmo they are talking about taking the genes from one lifeform and sticking them into a another in a laboratory. theyre talking about transgenics in which only the corn, onions, canola, sugar, and recently a type of apple, have been approved to be sold in america. so its not literally everything we eat, just the processed shit basically.

>Why is anyone defending this shit again?
why do you think?
monsantos paid troll army is fucking everywhere
and of course the
>muh science
beta boy cult of scientism brainlets will chirp in with their bill nye science guy tier knowledge

I'm just saying that words have meanings. Honestly if you used proper terminology it would probably help your cause. But what would I know. I'm just a JIDF shill telling you to eat your mutant peas like a good goy.

They are part of long term depopulation plan.
The studies that were not sponsored by monsanto showed that rats had organ failures and become infertile.
GMO were literally designed in a way that they cause infertility and other problems in a long term so that the elites can finally depopulate the planet.

Shut it down and piss off, you imbecile

As someone who has worked with Monsanto and other companies that produce transgenic crops, I can say that the *technology* is an incredibly powerful tool that can greatly benefit agricultural productivity. On the other hand, the technology can be greatly abused as it becomes easier and easier to create a transgenic organism. I think it should be carefully monitored and reasonably regulated. Over all I think there are more upsides than downsides.

Pic related: It's what a GMO looks like.

Attached: black-opal-17a.jpg (500x500, 88K)

GMO if done right can be very good. But only if it's done with horizontal splicing(different types of the same thing), it gets very messy and dangerous if it's done with vertical splicing(Different types of different things).

[ARCHIVE OF PAST KB THREADS]:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

Wrong. GMO = a gene from an unrelated organism is placed into another organism and those genes are expressed.

Selective breeding has absolutely nothing to do with "muh GMOs".

>flat earthers
>anti-vaxers
Not an ani-vaxer, and I don't think autism is cause by vaccines just old man sperm. I still try to take vaccines without thiomersal only because I don't want mercury in my body.
>climate change deniers
I do think there is climate change but I don't think human pollution is the major cause it. Could be part of the problem but the elite taxing us won't fix the problem.
>holocaust deniers
I don't deny the holocaust but I don't think believe it either.
>every shooting is a hoax
Some are real and some are false flags. Come on our government has had false flags before.
>anti-gmo
I am against gmo patenting and gmo contamination with native or human bred crops and animals. I am ok with gmos but only in secure lab conditions and should be treated as biohazard in case it could be harmful to at biosphere.

>flat earthers
I don't believe in a flat earth, and it's a psyop to make the conspiracy community look stupid. Although there are some low IQs that believe in it.

theguardian.com/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food