What the fuck happened to YouTube recommendations

Normally I just have videos I've watched in the past on my recommended videos because youtube censors everything related to my interests

I just pulled up a video and noticed all of he recommendations are popular videos it took me over 2 years to purge out of my recommendations

Now there isn't even a "not interested" option to get rid of these fucking things, they polluted my feed with horse shit and took away the option to get rid of it

Holy shit this is straight up 1984 shit

What the fuck are we going to do?

How the fuck can anyone get enough money to build the infirstructure for a service like YouTube without selling user data and taking bribes from intelligence ops and private companies?
It's not possible

We can't just "boycott" YouTube and Google, they forcefully integrate it into EVERYTHING

"Deepweb" isn't an option because there isn't nearly enough people on private nets to support the bandwidth of constant streaming and 1mil idiots looking up "how to cook eggs" every 10 minutes, there wouldn't be enough exit nodes to support even the top 10 channels viewers every day on Tor

Then if a private net became popular Google would just get to owning 80% of all nodes and buying private nodes (assuming one of their subsidiaries or they themselves hasn't already)

Concluding again, what the fuck are we going to do? There is no "what can we do", things are too critical, what are we GOING to do about this immense consolidation of power?

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-190454.jpg (1080x1920, 852K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adl.org/resources/reports/the-online-hate-index
supercartoons.net/
telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11014591/One-in-five-children-just-want-to-be-rich-when-they-grow-up.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Youtube is finished. You can't find anything anymore and the search feature is completely broken. You can't search for anything made by regular users and every single thing that shows up is by a verified youtuber which is the equivalent of blue checkmark.

To add a side discussion for the more nhililistic, is it even possible to prevent the consolidation of power in humanity?

Is it simply a part of human nature for power to become centralized? Nature shows it is not, every time energy (in a physical sense, you can compare physical energy to social human power) is consolidated too heavily it begins to disperse; t. the sun

But in every stage of humanity people try to centralize power and it always fails after generations pass.

Why are people driven to go against nature? It's what we have always done with technology and industry but why are humans designed to go against the very thing that created us?

We are literally biting the had which feeds us in regards to our planet and pollution/extraction of non renewable resources

Christ on a bike man, is there some private index of youtube that isn't biased with results?

I'm sure has an answer to that question

No idea, but all that it would take for it to go back to normal is to remove whatever algorithm Israel, SPLC, ADL and all those other companies worked together to implement.

It's not that simple brother, it's not "an algorithm"
It's thousands and the entire search engine is built around them

To undo it would take more work than putting it in
Much like our laws in America

Dude. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, etc etc are using a centralized firm that uses the same algorithm on each service.
adl.org/resources/reports/the-online-hate-index

The Southern Poverty Law Center is assisting YouTube in policing content on their platform, The Daily Caller has learned.

The left-wing nonprofit — which has more recently come under fire for labeling legitimate conservative organizations as “hate groups” — is one of the more than 100 nongovernment organizations (NGOs) and government agencies in YouTube’s “Trusted Flaggers” program, a source with knowledge of the arrangement told TheDC.

The SPLC and other program members help police YouTube for extremist content, ranging from so-called hate speech to terrorist recruiting videos.

All of the groups in the program have confidentiality agreements, a spokesperson for Google, YouTube’s parent company, previously told TheDC. A handful of YouTube’s “Trusted Flaggers,” including the Anti-Defamation League and No Hate Speech — a European organization focused on combatting intolerance — have gone public with their participation in the program. The vast majority of the groups in the program have remained hidden behind their confidentiality agreements.

The SPLC’s close involvement in policing content on YouTube is likely to cause consternation among conservatives who worry that they may not be treated fairly. The left-wing group has consistently labeled pedestrian conservative organizations as “hate groups” and has been directly tied to violence against conservatives in the past. Floyd Lee Corkins, who opened fire at the Family Research Center in 2012, said he chose the FRC for his act of violence because the SPLC listed them as a “hate group.”

It’s unclear when the SPLC joined YouTube’s “Trusted Flaggers” program. The program goes back to 2012 but exploded in size in recent years amid a Google push to increase regulation of the content on its platforms, which followed pressure from advertisers.

Keywords: DailyCaller, SPLC, Trusted Flagger

Attached: 1521766909883.jpg (1452x1448, 594K)

indeed, and that autoplay shit feature, I hate it.
I liked internet in 2007-2010, now it's all plain shit and has mobile-user interface which I strongly dislike it. 2012 was true, the net got shitty after that year.

>not watching dudeperfect
why live?

>youtube automatically plays sponsored shit if you walk away for 2 minutes
wow all these videos are so popular! but we have to make sure we purge 'view counts' so we make sure they're legitimate!

I've noticed this as well over the past week or so. Youtube has always pushed this trash, but they've made some dramatic changes recently it seems. They are pushing these pop culture sexualized thumbnails that lead to strange videos featuring gays, blacks, mystery meat people, numales, or a combination of all four. In addition they are nonstop pushing Fortnite youtubers who display overly colorful and dramatic thumbnails to entice children to click them. Youtube is forcibly trying to rot everyones brain.

Just my 2 cents on the challenges if we want to have a service accessible on the net easily like twitter, gab , ... :

1 / Finding a country where those views can be expressed legally and that wont bend to pressure

2 / finding an ISP that will accept that content and not bend to pressure

3/ finding a datacenter that will accept that content and not bend to pressure

4/ find a registrar that will accept that content and not bend to pressure

5 / buy the hardware and make a site

(that's just the bare minimum, and as you can see, there are so many obstacles, already.
I think the US is the best country for hosting such content, but even there, it's no longer OK.... we are fucked)

An alternative is to rely on torrent based content (for audio video) because youre not necessarily hosting the actual content .

Or tor based.

but there is hope because we can always share content between ourselves, so they can never shut it down completely... it will just become harder to find such views but they cannot be stopped

pause your watch history , pause search history
and like a video related to your interest it should clear out your recommended videos list

Attached: 1525913016162.gif (400x310, 2.77M)

Yes they all use the same algorithms; no it's not as simple as hitting an "off button"
I am well aware of these algos

>they polluted my feed with horse shit
Same here, just commented on it to the wife last night. Started a week or so ago. The one I can remember that was popping up as first or second or every choice no matter what the fuck I would select is "Ancient Aliens Debunked". Fucking pricks. Some Flat Earth shit was everywhere, too. Oh, and a Juden Peterstein thing- maybe why there is such a flood of Nihilists here lately. And before you say- Ha, we know what you watch" shit, that isn't what I watch on Chootube. Mainly news feeds, talk shows, etc. At minimum advertisers should be pissed because of the way they are manipulating things, deciding advertiser X gets to be seen way more because we are pushing what he is tagged to, and advertiser Y gets fuckolied. Sounds like fraud, DESU.

Attached: 456456456645.jpg (1069x258, 39K)

That's because you are a phonenigger. You have the "Not interested" option on Desktop. Mobile Apps are automatically dumbed down because only dumb people replace computers with jewphones

>"I don't know how to use the 'NOT INTERESTED'" feature: The Thread

Thank you soooooo much
I knew I could count on my fellow autists to help me find some leads on this shit

2011 was the hay day

Lulz sec were the last humans on this planet with balls

Rope

Attached: D79BC4365D8A4F9BA4EBE9F026316443.jpg (537x720, 150K)

The gayest shit on their phone app is lack of tabs and inability to play it in background. But I wouldn't say they're dead, there's simply no better alternative that is normie-friendly yet.

Well they can't just sell views now can they?

>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ: THE POST
it's gone you fucking mongrel, it doesn't exist anymore, that's why I made this fucking thread

This exactly, I saw it happen to my little sister and it makes me sick to my fucking stomach

is x22 report good? never heard of it.

anyway, here are my recommended videos when i open that video, nothing out of the ordinary based on my viewing habits.

Attached: recommendeds.jpg (427x634, 87K)

They do, with Youtube Ads (Adwords).
Luckly, I'm one of the 1% of Youtube users who know how to take advantage of Youtube's ranking algorhythm and make thousands off it.

You clearly did not read my 2nd post

It's not possible, a fully p2p internet would be the clear best option but it can't happen with today's infirstructure and especially if said infirstructure is controlled by those trying to manipulate our net

There is no county with the infirstructure that meets those requirements, Sweden was close but it's fucked now, thanks for being so "hospitable"
And beyond that, WHO HAS THE MONEY??? HOW CAN ANY GROUP OBTAIN ALL OF THE HARDWARE AND CONNECT ALL OF THE INFIRSTRUCTURE NEEDED TO PULL THAT OFF!?
WE WERE TOO YOUNG AND ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL AND WE GOT FUCKED

like I said already, Tor couldn't support a service like that with it's current bandwidth capability

It will become 1000x harder, not just "harder"
Damn near impossible for your average person

they probably punish you with shitty algorithms if you watch too much redpilled stuff or fuck with the ad settings. i still get the same old same old.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

>I watch everything on Chootube while signed into an account. Derp.
You can only use Not Interested if you are Signed In, numbnuts. The natural feed you get when landing there fresh has been fucked with BIGTIME.

It absolutely is fraud and they will never get in trouble for it, same way Facebook staff will never be charged with insider trading

youtube suggests I watch a list of anti-q-user videos

Only dumb jewniggers use Google anything on their computer, all google or related sources/scripts/etc are blocked unless they go through a 3rd party like start page (which I rarely use)

Thanks noscript and unlock

Works on my machine.

That has been going on for years, that was bad, this is fraud. This is a crime

>We can't just "boycott" YouTube
I'm on day 3.
Wish me luck.

I'm sure you've heard of Elsagate. There are thousands upon thousands of videos on youtube made to take advantage of curious children. Perhaps the creators don't realize the effect they are having on children's minds, they are focused on getting clicks and nothing else. But these videos, and the much larger mainstream youtube culture, are rotting kids brains to mush. Kids grow up today with Logan Paul as their father figure. Trash pop star whores are their mother figure. Their whole world is consumed by colorful dramatic thumbnails and their craving to see what videos they reveal. They become addicts to small dopamine rushes. They are lost and doomed before they even get a chance.

Take everything with a grain of salt, I don't listen for opinions, I listen for news and news only

What he thinks it means or what he thinks will happen I don't care to pay attention to beyond sentiment

Very good though, I recommend

Great financials are silver report, Gregory mannarino and Peter Schiff for starters. And ITM trading

It was sarcasm

Lmao there's no "taking advantage", make hay while the sun is shining, I used to do it at 12 but it was a pain in the ass, maybe it's easier to be a paid shill these days but it's not worth how much time you put in

This is what I saw on the main page when I opened incognito mode
ai no special recommendation from what I have watched before, just the vanilla YouTube

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 151K)

Maybe a slow departure so it seems like a "harmless error"?

Good luck brother

Turn on Adblock, set all privacy settings to maximum. You haven't boycotted them per se, yet you've completely deprived them of any potential revenue from your consumption of their content. Tell all your conservative friends and family to do the same. If everyone who voted for Trump took these simple steps the value of these companies' stock would plummet overnight.

Never heard it called elsagate but I am aware, as I mentioned earlier I watched my mom and sisters brain eroded by this and it hurts me more than I could ever explain.

Yeah except that I only eliminated about 25% of their potential revenue, they have all of the data about what I watch and how I watch it they sell.

Think everyone isn't doing this shit already? People hate ads

>going on for years
Oh ya, but recently there was huge changes in what gets shoveled up when you search or what is in the suggested list when you watch something, very noticeable.
And I agree 100% about it being hardcore fraud. Same thing as advertisers with Twatter and Bergface. They admit they fuck with the view, share , retweet, etc numbers, so you know that companies like Cabelas/BassProShops and whatnot are getting shafted royally. CBPS spends many millions with those fucks and the views they are sold are totally bogus.

Elsagate refers to a particular type of mass produced videos that are aimed at children. They frequently have very grotesque themes like drug use, killing unborn babies, blood, and feces. These odd themes are prominent on thumbnails to entice young children to click on them. I'd recommend everyone make themselves aware of what these videos are. I can't imagine the damage that is being done this very moment by careless mothers who put a tablet and a youtube playlist of that trash in front of their young children and leave the room.

However, Elsagate is a small part of the bigger problem. The mainstream video style being used by almost all youtubers right now is incredibly devious. Loud sounds, colorful lights, overly-exagerrated expressions, and sex, sex, and more sex everywhere. Nothing is serious, nothing is real. Kids who grow up on this will inevitably find themselves in a perpetual state of derealization.

For example, the thumbnail in the image was trending all day on youtube today and yesterday. Sometimes the sexualization is blatant, sometimes it is more subtle.

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (900x295, 88K)

Google is getting advanced as shit.
I was watching a video which used a clip of walter white laughing, not the audio just the clip
Punched in "wa" and "walter white laughing" immediately appeared.

Elsagate was a parody of poorly-made foreign videos which stole western IPs and used cheap flash animation. The overtly revolting content was made as a joke. The vast majority of such videos are strange in a low budget way but generally don't include more than cartoon violence.
The audience for such content is almost entirely indian/chinese/russian/middle eastern.

As for the loudness, it's just what it takes to get noticed. Anything that dosen't hold a steel grip on the audience's attention gets ignored. So we get a hype beast screaming at the top of his voice because he knows if he speaks normally people will click away.

Most of this shit is just the natural consequence of the internet being open to every braindead normie and large swaths of the third world. The internet that existed mostly for the educated, young, technophile, well-off internet audience of the early 2000's is gone. That polite, intellectual culture is sorely missed but not coming back.

What is the deal with that Obsidian sword video being recommended everywhere

Interesting insight, thanks bois

The ADL itself is a trusted flagger

Obsidian probably expensive, probably had to buy a ton of views to make it worth it

The bizzare quirks in the algorithm intrigue me. Youtube is worth a bajillion dollars, but every time they change the algorithm the entire audience immediately notices they're only reccomended a few things.
You think 55 million people subbed to Pewdiepie because he was just hilarious? He was the algo's favorite guy. Anything remotely related to video games prompted his appearance.
All Pewdiepie does anymore is speak to the camera. Because, overnight, that's what they modified the algo to prefer.
People regularly crack millions of views for a few years and the Youtube guys change a few variables and suddenly they have to get other jobs.
I'm very curious about the math behind it

The cartoons I'm referring today frequently show up in playlists and recommendations for popular cartoons that children like. Careless parents show those videos to their kids without knowing what they are watching. The themes in them might seem odd to adults, but they dangerous for kids.

I don't think people realize the seriousness of kids growing up watching mainstream youtubers. Kids develop their personalities as a response to their environment and take characteristics of the people around them. When kids are exposed all day to over the top, dramatic, sexualized, money hungry videos they develop their personalities around that. Speak to any kid whose parents dont give a shit and let them watch youtube in their free time. Their personality becomes a mix of different youtubers. The damage being done is irreparable.

I stopped for about 6 months or so a couple years back when there were new ads that got around the adblockers and I got disgusted. Then Adblock fixed it so I drifted back.
Here is a gift for you : supercartoons.net/
Something to help you through the hard times. All the old classic cartoons are there. For me I have to hover and right click on the little TV viewer and then select show controls to go full screen, etc.
Kekspeed, user

Attached: FoghornAlarmClock.jpg (800x600, 44K)

I remember when youtube had no promoted recommendations, it was just totally algorithmic

you'd have random videos with 3 views in your recommended videos, it means small users could go viral easily

Attached: knowtheirfeel.png (500x281, 42K)

Interesting thoughts. I don't know any kids anymore, I don't really know what they're like.
I guess being a mainstream youtuber is what a kid would emulate, they're conventionally very successful people.
The Wheaties stars of the digital era.
Kids wanting to be rich and famous as opposed to anything that helps is not a new problem...
telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11014591/One-in-five-children-just-want-to-be-rich-when-they-grow-up.html

Work for them, leak the algos

That has been on my recommended list for the past week, and the week before that it was trending for a few hours, apparently. I just watched it a few minutes ago and it was the most boring shit ever. I get it though, I was 12 once, we all know how much people (especially little boys) want to see nudity on YouTube. Of course, there are videos on the site that do show nips and vags, but you gotta know where to look, and that video there has nothing to offer, not even a nipple to be seen, so those many tweens will most likely be blue balled until their parents leave and they can find something better.

The question is; why is that video, which is obvious click-bait for pre-teen boys getting such a surge in views all of a sudden and why did nobody mention it was trending a little while ago (whcih by the way, means YouTube HQ hand-picked the video themselves to show off)?

I thought YouTube purged most of that sort of stuff around the time ElsaGate hit mainsteam news? The last video I saw up this year that has nudity in it is that college guy recording himself "properly putting on a magnum condom" for "educational purposes". The only thing I learned from it was that there are just as many tween girls looking for genitalia on YouTube than there are tween boys, if the comment section of the condom video is anything to go by.

It's a sad thought that the people who will be running the world are under this spell. Makes me hurt to my core

It was an amazing time, I grew up with this internet, and so did many of my peers but they just don't seem to notice or even care

It's not about kids wanting to be rich

It's about programming them to have apermenant attention span of seconds and the inability to grasp complex concepts, or even understand how their actions effect them for that matter

As another user put it, future adults will be fully depersonalized and able to be controlled like robots.

This is the subversion Yuri warned us of, except it's our own government doing it to us.

Sex is a very easy distraction, women have done it all throughout time to subvert away problems/stress
It's a part of nature, it's supposed to happen

Except modern humans exploit nature, and the masses haven't a fucking clue what "social engineering" even means

I can post my dick on youtube for educational purposes?

Attached: 626A91CA-14FB-40C4-8923-60A194580B83.jpg (250x343, 46K)

Jewtube is a propaganda machine for the filth that these kikes produce.

All you can do is purge view history under settings and never watch anything that might lead you into their tar pit of degenrate "culture"

Give it a shot

Every time they decide to rape my settings that I built for years?

Fuck that shit

I have all the options for not interrested on my jew phone

Quality post

The youtube era is much more dangerous than anything that came before it. Television had a dramatic effect on kids, but not as severe as youtube. Its no surprise that generations of kids who grew up watching anti-male television don't know how to be men when they get older, but at the very least those television programs had somewhat normal character themes. For example, if a kid watches a lot of crime shows they might idealize becoming a FBI agent and develop a whole inner fantasy around that.

What does a kid who watches JackSepticEye all day idealize? or Logan Paul? or PewDiePie? Many of these guys make all of their money by cruelly critiquing and making fun of everything they get their hands on; they are bullies. They go out of their way to destroy other people's work to make the impression they are cool and funny, like a high school bully. And millions of kids worship these guys.

Americans are retarded
t. American

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 6.09.39 PM.png (2848x738, 1.14M)

at least you dont get literal cp, how do they get away with this?