So why did Nellie Ohr get a HAM radio license? thats sorta weird isn't it?

So why did Nellie Ohr get a HAM radio license? thats sorta weird isn't it?

Attached: Unknown.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xqTZ6d59a7Y
piratebox.cc/faq#how_does_it_work
youtu.be/ah1YubhfkBE
trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/MCRP 3-40.3B Radio Operators Handbook.pdf
hamfanz.blogspot.com/2007/03/steve-wingate-k6txh-and-fcc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reviewbrah and art bell's ghost could not be reached for comments

Nah, I transmit data files on 80 Meters at least once a week myself.

Lots of people are into that nerd shit

Transmit computer files on UHF simplex with a 5 Watt radio and there's very little chance of an NSA intercept.

Couldn't anyone monitor your broadcast though if they got your number?

Not odd at all for someone trying to communicate secretly with a group of people and evade the nsa.

Go on?

Do you have some starter package info for a newfag?

How the FUCK did she have time to do this for leisure? She didn’t.

HF frequencies are a different story. You can transmit data globally but you never know who's listening and and the NSA can certainly intercept that.

There's data protocols that allow you to transmit pictures, TV, data and voice.

If you simplex on a DMR or Fusion radio at 5 watts, you're only going to have a range of 5 miles or so but you'll be a little more secure.

Find (Your City) Amateur Radio Club and maybe go to a meeting. I'd suggest actually getting your license and learning legally.

Yeah, anyone who is on the same frequency can hear you, it's a bit of a downfall but if you park on a frequency far from a repeater's frequency, there's likely little chance anyone is listening.

cool. I don't know anything about HAM radios. but doesn't seem the most secure way to send info except that basically no one else uses them

or you could just use actual encryption such as twofish not (((AES)))

The reason I forgot that is because I legally can't use encryption unless I'm controlling a satellite so it wasn't an option occurring to me.

More people got their Amateur radio licenses in the US last year than any year in radio history. It's all considered the last line of communications in the event of a national/global disaster. Should a Carrington Event pop off, that wheezened old guy with a bunch of antennas down the block will likely be the only way to get news and information in and out of your area after.

She appearently was trying to communicate with Fushion GPS.

I highly recommend this video for anyone interested in the FISA abuse. Nellie and Bruce's roles are laid out, among many others.

youtu.be/xqTZ6d59a7Y

Anyone ever heard of the pirate box?

Thoughts?

piratebox.cc/faq#how_does_it_work

Don't all old ladies get interested in talking on cb's in the age of facebook and texting?

Attached: 1531394366988.gif (280x210, 1.49M)

I got into it for emergency communications, an interest in wanting to talk to the ISS (everyone up there is a licensed ham in their country) and Skywarn weather spotting for the NWS.

I discovered fun things to do with it. Used to chat with this drunk old dude in Oulu, Finland (RIP Teemu, I miss you), I've used satellites and talked to people hundreds of miles away wit a handheld radio, and I like transmitting radiograms through the National Traffic Nets.

Not big into contesting, though.

srsly?
you can't think that one thru?
it was to avoid any capture of comms via nsa.

What data rate do you get?

Down that low, I'm lucky to break 18 kB/S. If I'm using my 2300 Meter radio, it's a couple of baud a second. It take a second to transmit a single character in the 2300 meter spectrum (close to the frequency they use to talk to subs in the ELF band).

I never understood the appeal of CQCONTESTCQCONTESTFIVENINEFIVENINE, myself.
My addiction is special event stations, especially the ones that go to the trouble of getting 1x1 calls. The wallpaper is fun to collect.

I worked an hour of Field Day at my club's... Field Station? for an hour and I was burned out from that. Only time I've contested and I think it will be my last.

daily Reminder psk31 is basically discord with infrastructure you control.

Attached: 45D67203-0E71-457F-9562-CF21A3336AD1.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Lots of child trafficking centers and child jihadi training camps to communicate with. Or she knows when the shit is hitting the fan.

The government can't spy on people with a HAM radio license.

>it's a bit of a downfall but if you park on a frequency far from a repeater's frequency, there's likely little chance anyone is listening.
Might as well just meet in a parking garage at that point

QSL, the one time I participated in a Field Day event:
>an "Extra" class ham (quote marks intentional) burned up a tuner within .5 seconds of using it, by switching back and forth between antennas repeatedly while deadkeying 100 watts. He complained that "It's not working right" and then "Well, I've never used a tuner before"
>The same "Extra" wanted everyone to use his TS-130. I was the only sucker to take him up on his offer. When I reached over to turn the RF Gain down from full-strength, he literally slapped my hand and said, "Don't you know anything? That kills the power output." Everyone else refused to even touch the rig for the next three hours.
>They managed to burn up a commercial barbecue grill I brought along for goodies
>I had several items of equipment apparently loaded into someone else's vehicle and no one would later 'fess up to it
>We got exactly zero points
>Despite being next to the busiest intersection in town and being adjacent to a parking lot, only one person stopped by to check us out

Not familiar with that model. Brand? What radio you using it with? I'm running a TS-590SG, myself.

Have a buddy with an ICOM 7851 ($14,000 MSRP) who sold me this 590 for like $100, has seller's remorse and place one of the first orders for the TS-890 because he like the audio on Kenwoods so much more.

solid shit here folks

Wat.
Anyone with a HAM license has the name and address associated with their call sign on a very public and easily searchable database. Of course if you don’t broadcast your call sign they have a much harder time determining who you are.

Don't get a HAM license and give up your anonymity for life.

RF is older than the internet discovered by great men like Marconi and Tesla. Learn how to RF and you'll learn where to broadcast.

Stay the fuck off the HAM and commercial bands and don't be a retard and splatter interference across the spectrum. LEARN the craft and you'll have no issues.

Be a pirate not a pleb.

73's to all you gay niggers out there. Keep being a faggot.

Wow, just wow. There's 7 clubs in my area all within 20 minute's drive of my house. I chose my club because I do VE sessions with them and after I showed up for 3 and showed I was comepetent they offered me full membership status for free for my first year since I was so "Helpful."

Mostly, my club is engineers and retired engineers and a few Skywarn Crazy Yahoos with the decked out pickups and vests (as a former medic, I tend to avoid the Yahoos).

10/10 this “Extra” was a boomer.

Attached: B9228796-BF8C-4980-9E5A-CB994DDCF109.jpg (605x900, 92K)

I have horrible tinnitus thanks to Uncle Sugar, and other than FM mode, I can only use Kenwood or Ten-Tec. When I sit in my friend's shack and he's fiddling with his Yaesu 920, he will have conversations with people I can't even hear. To me, he's having conversations with a bunch of static, but he hears them just fine.
My favorite audio for sideband on any rig I've ever owned in a first-generation TS-520, and for CW, a TS-520S with a 500 kHz filter. My friends get irritated about it, though, because I'm not calling CQ on 14,305.000000 kHz exactly. Suck it up, I'm analog!

Six months or so later, he retired to Vegas. Good riddance.

>Anyone with a HAM license has the name and address associated with their call sign on a very public and easily searchable database

So basically like anyone in a phone book.

Attached: 15401388870_7a643baf3f_c.jpg (800x419, 103K)

It’s absolutely incredible how much cooler the non-boomer hamfags are...

>Learn how to RF

Links? Where start?

youtu.be/ah1YubhfkBE

lmao

Every operator on here post your call sign and join me on 3875 LSB for hardchats. I will only respond to people who list their call sign here.

I'm KG6TXH

W1FCC

Catch you onnaairwaves buddy

I have to hear my my buddy's 7851 before he gets rid of it to know why he hates a $14,000 radio so much and 'downgrading' to a $3,000 rig. This radio is supposed to be at home on any destroyer or command post, ffs.

I have an Avantone Passive MixCube as a monitor and I will tell you with all my truth, you should get one for your rig. The audio is amazing (they use these as monitors in in music studios). No need for the active model.

You didn't seriously post your callsign, did you?

Hey Richard
Hey Steve

>KG6TXH
Okay. Now I know. Kek.

Thanks, user.

I don’t think you got the joke...

This is made to teach Grayon Connoisseurs how to radio, so it should work for anyone.

trngcmd.marines.mil/Portals/207/Docs/TBS/MCRP 3-40.3B Radio Operators Handbook.pdf

>posting your call sign on Jow Forums
That is real fucking stupid Steve,

Attached: 1505826062737.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I am AC1DD, K9RSY and K1LEM, btw.

hamfanz.blogspot.com/2007/03/steve-wingate-k6txh-and-fcc.html

Attached: retard.jpg (625x443, 53K)

look at these mutant fucks pulling the strings at the top of our government

Pussies, no CW requirement to get a Ham license anymore

>common hobby
>msnbc

Attached: 3A134D4C-F246-4C32-8CCC-64933D141592.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

To give or receive coded messages at a pre set time with the least risk of detection.

Plus radios can decode it these days all by themselves (at least on my 590SG).

I'm learning it (Koch Method) and I'll listen to CW stations to get a feel for it.

One in every 300 Americans is licensed. I imagine there's more hams than fencers in this country.

The questions and answers are public and the passing score is 74%. If you're good at taking tests, you can easily cram for a week and pass.

>they use these as monitors in in music studios
Kek, no, they use those as shit simulators in music studios, to hear how a mix is going to sound on a shit-tier car radio or boom box.

This guy gets it

>Kek, no, they use those as shit simulators in music studios, to hear how a mix is going to sound on a shit-tier car radio or boom box.

I think you meant to reply to me. The chief Audio Engineer at Ford Motor Company told me these were absolutely incredible and I confirmed it with another Audio Engineer at BMI music who recorded Arvo Pärt's latest symphony and used the Active ones for playback.

What’s the joke?

The callsigns being posted are notorious faggots in the amateur community.

WB6NOA

WB6ACU checking in

You're right, my mistake.
>audio engineer at Ford Motor Company
Sure, they're great at simulating very good car speakers and they're probably excellent for voice-band listening. But they're very colored, with the midrange and presence emphasized and that big dip at 3kHz.

Attached: 1528826063186.jpg (1279x1023, 148K)

Ford and BMI told me the Avantone is designed to emulate "The Average" of all speakers which is why they are used.

Yeah, for voice -my only use for them- they are crystal. I'm not denying that there's a hundred better speakers for music but they seem to be perfect for "what's going to sound the best for everyone" engineering.

Also, I apologize if my wording in the previous comment came off as dickish. The wording looks rude to me now but I meant no intention of sounding like a prick.

so this is where Jow Forums will go once it gets shut down.

They can break everything except Skype.

Don't sweat it m8. That they are perfect for.

They don't need to break Skype when they can tap it instead.

TANGO ECHO KILO ZULU FAGGOT

TEKZF?

That means nothing to me.