This may turn in to an unprecedented tragedy for the environment. Every calf counts in a population less than 80...

This may turn in to an unprecedented tragedy for the environment. Every calf counts in a population less than 80, especially since there hasn't been a new birth in 3 years. Not only that but we could lose one of the last breeding females as she expends the rest of her energy to retrieve her calf and protect it.

The starving Orca population outside of Seattle highlights a collapsing worldwide ecosystem. It's more than CO2 vs. a warming planet; it's the total sum of mankind's effect on the environment. In this case dammed rivers stopping salmon runs; combined with amusement parks like Seaworld taking dozens of breeding Orcas out of the population.

IMO decentralized nuclear with geothermal seems to be the best option for the energy needs of humanity. Regardless, Earth overshoot day continues to happen sooner and sooner. It may not happen in our lifetimes, but your kids and kid's kids are doomed

Attached: deadoceans.png (978x552, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BhQVebHPq4c
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-ship-of-fools
youtube.com/watch?v=LZXUR4z2P9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Insect populations down between 40-80% depending on region
>Riparian habitat reduced by 80-90%
>Wild vertebrae populations down 40% or more
>Ocean acidification killing a primary resource that many hundreds of millions rely on
>Manmade oceanic hypoxic zones (Fertilizer run off in the Gulf of Mexico)
>Ocean populations dwindling below 50%
>Ground water supply drying up in many areas - what's left is severely polluted
>Extreme droughts & wildfires getting larger and more common
>Loss of arable land to suburban sprawl and overcropping (dust bowl in California calcifying soil)
>Permafrost melt revealing massive methane geysers
>Weakening Siberian jet stream causing glacial melt and massive cold fronts below the 45th parallel
>Clearcut logging depleting soil nutrients, within decades trees will no longer be a viable crop
>Phosphorus crisis - we have ≈40 years left of P. All life requires phosphorus, once we're out we're done. All of us
>Sulfites from factory pollution are reflecting solar rays back in to space artificially cooling the planet. If we stop polluting then the sulfite levels in the atmosphere will drop causing an immediate spike in average temperatures by 1-2°C
>Inorganic fertilizer dependency creating massive pollution issues by killing soil and mesoclimates (1 ton of inorganic N requires 2 tons of oil to produce)
>The meat industry is responsible for nearly 60% of GHG emissions, and consumes nearly 55% of food production

Attached: ezgif-1523398015.gif.CROP.original-original.gif (667x718, 3.17M)

We're actively in the 6th mass extinction by all scientific definitions; yet society has no inclination to stopping. Consumerism spurred by capitalism exacerbates the situation. Yet we still do our regular 9-5 routine like nothing is wrong. Fuck ISIS and all that jazz, the greatest threat to mankind is a collapsing environment

Attached: 38411754_1979280339033326_8498984222805983232_n.jpg (721x960, 110K)

This is not a liberal agenda Jow Forums - the alarmists like myself are trying to warn you, don't fuck your future selves for the sake of "progress"

Attached: 1524624459787.jpg (610x767, 62K)

Post sources then you faggot

Which bullet point would you like a source on?

Attached: 1531161465285.jpg (750x1053, 95K)

Nobody gives a fuck about your environmental pseudoscience. Earth is warming? So what? I have AC and always wanted to visit Antarctica in a boat. Who gives a fuck about all the coastal cities? Let the oceans rise and let the shit people die.

>not having orcas will fuck us
lmfao

fuck killer whales i would shoot one point blank with a 12 gauge and feel no remorse. What they do to baby seals, yeah fuck orcas

and it seems even whale species have crazy bitches among them

Like I said - this is beyond a warming planet. Take the phosphorus crisis for example, we're going to have a hard time without ATP

>chinks go into ocean
>kills your protected species
ter-her, rite marn!

Nature is the collective canary in the mine. Shit is dying around us and we should pay attention

Why should I care?

Silly goyim, we need more migrants in order to sustain population growth

Well; if you don't plan on having kids the c'est la vie, but if you are or already do then you should care for their sake

>Tahlequah
why do leafs let niggers name their fauna?

lul - I'm sure it's more Indian than negro

only way to save the environment at this point is to eliminate all 3rd worlders. you ok with that?

>we want chilly willy !

Attached: chillywilly.png (484x348, 254K)

I'm all for ethnocentricity and whatever that may lead to

Love it

why do we need orcas to exist?

>What they do to baby seals,
>canada

Attached: fgreuwrt.jpg (962x591, 62K)

Sounds like the problem is solving itself, fag.

Btw no matter how much you spew your liberal bullshit, china/india/Africa will never play ball. You are blaming "us" when "we" are already the lowest polluters on the planet.

The only way to step back from the brink is total genocide of third world polluting shitholes which make nothing but garbage human and otherwise.

Sound like something that's going to happen? Nope.

So you had better learn to surf the Kali Yuga, dumb nigger. We are all going for a ride.

>the sea niggers are all dying off
DAY OF THE NET N O W

Fuck the whales faggot. Who gives a shit.

Attached: 1506469594920.png (166x166, 13K)

>"working to support yourself is, like, just wrong, man..."
>"y'all should just fuckin' ignore ISIS. They ain't doing any harm..."
Fuck off you shit-stained fedora faggot.

there are only orcas in the wild? whut?

Not sure how the problem is solving itself - but I'll see you down at Arizona Bay

See Sure thing buddy, I've actually shot camel jockeys you armchair commando

Attached: MOASS-3:7-k-oif1.jpg (1800x743, 184K)

There are centuries of inorganic phosphate left, and that's not considering that more is constantly being surfaced by tectonic activity. More importantly, when mining becomes too inefficient to continue, we'll just go back to using manure.

>I AM LITERALLY SOBBING WHY DID YOU DO THIS DRUMPFKINS VAGINA POWER BITCH
This is why no one takes you seriously.

Are you this guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=BhQVebHPq4c

The sobbing quote is from the biologist interviewed - get over yourself.

>More importantly, when mining becomes too inefficient to continue, we'll just go back to using manure.

That would be fantastic, but we need to start the cultural shift now which includes composting, humanure, growing your own food, co-ops, community gardens, etc

Attached: 1520977954850.jpg (679x516, 59K)

No, although I've followed him I think his predictions are a little too cataclysmic. 2022 seems way too soon for collapse, but we'll see

It's the effects of Fukushima on the ecosystem, but your dumb ass is shilling for more nuclear.
Fuck you.

All nuclear physicists should be marched to a pit and exterminated.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-ship-of-fools

“Alright then,” answered the cabin boy. “These issues are not petty and trivial. Kicking the dog is cruel and brutal and it is humiliating to be called a fruit. But in comparison to our real problem — in comparison to the fact that the ship is still heading north — your grievances are petty and trivial, because if we don’t get this ship turned around soon, we’re all going to drown.”

“Fascist!” said the professor.

“Counterrevolutionary!” said the lady passenger. And all of the passengers and crew chimed in one after another, calling the cabin boy a fascist and a counterrevolutionary. They pushed him away and went back to grumbling about wages, and about blankets for women, and about the right to suck cocks, and about how the dog was treated. The ship kept sailing north, and after a while it was crushed between two icebergs and everyone drowned.

Decentralized reduces the load on any one reactor and makes maintenance easier. While agree nuclear can be deadly - it can also be our saving grace
youtube.com/watch?v=LZXUR4z2P9w

How poignant