The Beginning: GAB threatened of being shut down by Microsoft for 'anti-semetic' posts

links and pic related

> angrywhitemen.org/2018/08/09/gab-has-an-anti-semitic-meltdown-after-microsoft-threatens-to-stop-hosting-it/
> motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/j5naby/microsoft-demands-that-gab-delete-post-calling-for-eradication-of-all-jews

Attached: DHFL8329423.png (3064x1870, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/robins-v-pruneyard-shopping-center-30510
Jow
twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/476443251998605312
issuu.com/realrobgray/docs/fnord
youtube.com/watch?v=iwvFD_A5QeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buttmad faggots they'll find another host

stop posting whines about the eceleb patreon begging site

back to facebook shabtai

No different than a telephone company shutting you down because they don't like who you're calling, or what you talk about on the phone.

Time for anti-trust action.

Kikerosoft on SHOAH watch

nice

I was just thinking, what if somebody hacks in to a Jow Forums server and gets in to a database that has the IP addresses logged against posts and then dumps the database online?
Do you know how easy it is to get a friends IP address, let alone another specific individual?
It'd be the biggest internet happening in quite some time. Does nobody else think about this?
Who here actually uses proxies?

>The alt-right twitter
Sue for libel, use the money to get a new host

>A database that has the IP-adresses logged
Doesn't exist

Microsoft is within its rights to say "we're not going to host that, delete it". People don't understand that private entities are not obligated to provide you with a platform for self-expression. Even if the government doesn't ban it, you might not find anybody willing to enable it.

whatever faggot.

shut up faggot

Flawless logic, 10/10.

I've worked as a network administrator. Virtually every forum on the internet has IP addresses logged against posts, idiot.

How do you think the system knows who's banned?

you're clueless

I wonder why it's the antisemitic posts that demand immediate action? I'm sure there's a kill whiteys or lynch niggers message somewhere there.

Right but how long do those records stay on a server somewhere? Are all ten billion chan posts sitting on a cloud somewhere waiting to be queried?

what else is there to say to a faggot that has a take that hot. "hurr free speech is only the govement, its fine that the dozen companies that control everything can decide to ban you for any reason.'

I hope you actually kill yourself.

That makes Microsoft a publisher not a platform.

Possibly. Text uses up so little hard drive space, it's actually way more likely than you think.

You don't have any alternative to using the internet in today's world.

underrated post

all social media is for faggots and tween girls

Absolutely not. I work in network engineering and have been around IT for decades.
Jow Forums probably has 24 hour retention or less before purging all records, because that's their legal defense. The hosts/owners are dodging liability by simply opting not to keep records, guarantee you. If they kept records/kept logs, they'd become liable in a lot of ways for the discourse that goes on here and all the illegal content being hosted here on an hourly basis.

That data would be useless unless you have access to the records of who the ip was assigned to.

Doubt they have a long history of that and it wouldn't be accessable to the public either.

There's metadata retention is cuckstralia though so that probably has more info than just a list of IP's

>illegal content
This is a board of peace user.

This

I mean, legally, yeah. Companies aren't obligated to provide you with the means to promote a message that they don't like. Start your own company or change the laws.

You don't have a point. I'm not striving for accuracy of legal terminology, and substituting "publisher" there makes no sense ("provide you with a publisher"). You evidently understood my point, in any case.

You have alternatives to using Microsoft products specifically. If you don't like any of the alternatives, make your own.

but that data is still recoverable no?

GABAI >>> look it up in jewish dictonary goim

yeah dude just make your own microsoft equivalency
very good advice i wish others understood this when complaining about monopolies!

>not being behind 7 proxies when posting here
It's like you newfags WANT to get doxed.

The Archive goes back 72 hours.

Attached: 21-Alex-Jones.w710.h473.jpg (710x473, 68K)

Never said it was fair, but whining on the internet about Microsoft exercising its rights is a waste of time.

Not really; possible scraps of metadata or partial sectors assuming the server isn't doing multiple passes of writing, but reality is, if subpeona'd for the data, the hosts just throw their hands up and say "lol but we dont keep records of IP's or posts or anything, we just scrub everything every 4 hours because we dont care"; this is how a lot of sites that host questionable content get away with it.

They keep no records, so they can't be liable, because no real proof exists about who's posting or why, or who's uploading what/why/when. It's a strong legal defense.

In fact, you see the same defense leveraged by governments and corporations against their own employees/staff pretty often; employee claims something, claims proof exists in 'logs' or 'records on the computer', but company/local gov't has a hard policy of wiping all logs, email retention, recordkeeping on a 48 hour rotation or even smaller intervals, and voila, no proof, no accountability, unless the individuals are keeping personal records (which can obviously be disputed).
:)

Jow Forums posts are linked by Cookie & Auth, not IP
Bans weren't the subject in question. Posts were

No, I know more than you do. Jow Forums doesn't operate in the same way a site like Kotaku does, dumbass

interesting. also network engineering is very cool so congrats

the idea is not to whine just to whine but to influence people to become more aware of alternatives / jumping ship from said monopolies

He said a database of logged IPs doesn't exist. The ban list is a database of IPs they've logged.

You don't understand. Microsoft markets itself as a Platform which means it can't be sued for what others use it for. A Platform it's not supposed to descriminate - once it does it becomes a Publisher and is breaking it's terms of service.

A ban list would also be useless, since it's a list of people who are unable to use the site.

There are non-Jow Forums affiliated sites archiving threads and entire boards, though I don't think IP information is retained

>angrywhitemen
Another one for the shit filter. Thanks OP.

Attached: soisoi.jpg (1024x665, 136K)

>He said
I said that. What the other dude said was
"That has the IP addresses logged against posts"

Where do these definitions of "platform" and "publisher" come from, and what determines what Microsoft markets itself as versus what it actually is? Legal definitions rarely match common usage.

Great, but then publicize the alternatives instead of expecting people to be so outraged by your perceived injustice that they'll find them on their own. That's a shitty PR strategy.

Microsoft is the one denying others their rights here. It's meant to act as a platform like the phone company but suddenly it acts to be a publisher breaking it's terms of service

>though I don't think IP information is retained
Yea that was my thinking as well.

They are arguably performing the role of a public platform, which means the 1st amendment is potentially in play.
And yes, there is precedent for this type of thing. The AmRen institute is currently suing Twitter using a precedent set by a Californian court which ruled that some teens were allowed to post flyers in a privately owned mall

It's law

See . Who is to say what Microsoft is "meant to act as"?

OK, we're getting somewhere here. Where is "public platform" defined?

Gonna need to be more specific than that, buddy.

>using Azure
>ever
unless MS is throwing you an absolute god-tier deal on pricing, there's no reason to use that pajeet shitfest

Attached: 1528020481673.gif (540x357, 1.53M)

Why don't you read up on the case I cited rather than play silly buggers with definitions

scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/robins-v-pruneyard-shopping-center-30510

It's the law. Publishers can be sued for online content, Platforms can't. Microsoft is a Platform so acting as a Publisher is against the law

Because arguments are meaningless until terms are defined. The word "platform" doesn't even occur anywhere on that page. Is there a legal definition of "platform" or "public platform" that's relevant here, or did you invent the term on the spot to mean something in particular?

The reason many debates are so unproductive is because people argue using the same terms, but each party has its own definitions for those terms. Some basic level of agreement is a prerequisite for any communication to be successful.

Thank you. Which law, specifically, is "the law"?

lolbergs are a fucking joke

Attached: 1533678471981.jpg (450x450, 36K)

See .

it's always been stated by Jow Forums that they don't keep records of what IP posted what unlike those faggot forum software. It's just kept for as long as the thread is up to ban users.

So unless the fucking FBI storms Jow Forums within hours of a message being posted they can't find out who posted what.

I'm not running around for you. Where does it say Microsoft can just shut some on down?

Thank god for it too. Im sick of you neo-nazi faggots making the rest of us white dudes look like assholes. Do you realize how much shit the rest of us put up with so you can say, "Kill teh joos!" on the internet?

>I'm not running around for you.
That's fine.
>Where does it say
What is "it"?
>Microsoft can just shut some on down?
They're not "just shutting someone down". They're refusing to provide a service, and the purchaser of that service is free to obtain a comparable service from some other provider. That may make it difficult for the purchaser to continue its operations for a while, but they neither have the right to order anyone to stop doing business, nor have they actually done so.

Stupid nigger, a plutocracy is considered a monopoly, if they cooperate to shut down the truth because it hurts kikes, then it's a direct violation of the first amendment.

>is considered
By whom? Don't use weasel words to pass off an opinion as a fact.
>if they cooperate to shut down the truth because it hurts kikes, then it's a direct violation of the first amendment.
There are so many assumptions in that statement that I'm not even going to try to deconstruct them all.

If you like niggers, you're automatically against whites. You're actually way worse than niggers.

Again, presenting an opinion as a fact does not make it so.

Jow Forums.org/faq#personalinfo
Unless they're lying, you're fine.

You are trash.

Meanwhile microjew hosts posters that daily call for white genocide and opression of the white family. They are the real racists.

Personal attacks have no bearing on the validity of an argument—not that the argument is valid, but nevertheless.

>im not racist!
>the people im being racists to are the real racists
>you can tell because they say the same things I say. And Im racist, so thats how you know for sure they are racist too!

My god, youre a genius

but hating white people and calling for violence is perfectly fine ...

the corporate tyranny is insane, they are not even attacking a person who posts it - they strongarm the company - which is protected by the CDA having no responsibility for user-posted content

Attached: kill a straight white male.png (625x862, 484K)

The Real Question Is WHY HAVEN'T THEY SHUT DOWN Jow Forums YET?
MINING FOR DATA, FINDING OUT WHAT Jow Forums KNOWS?

Attached: cdc.jpg (577x537, 32K)

kill all jews! *clap* burn the roach! *clap*

twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/476443251998605312

>Where do these definitions of "platform" and "publisher" come from
U.S. legal code you stupid fucking mutt.

You always get one faggot like you in every thread

Are you referring to the United States Code? There is no document known as the "U.S. legal code".
Very good, thank you.

Your grasping for straws now

the situation with tech is really dire

issuu.com/realrobgray/docs/fnord

Attached: Y79415kw42PM.jpg (1920x936, 361K)

Not that it wasn't clear before because you like niggers so you're automatically retarded, but if A, B and C control the internet and they all just so happen to silence good messages as opposed to bad ones which they let run amok, you can actually make a case they're conspiring. They call it "united against hate" but it is the exact same thing. Or, see What a stupid fucking faggot, holy mother of christ.

If you dont like it, why dont you just start your own internet?

>demands
these corporations are getting so fucking bold. google, microsoft, cloudfare, all the ISPs
they basically have free reign to decide who is or isnt allowed on the entire internet

It means U.S. law. Is English your first language?

you're*

They are asking for it

Look. you are wrong. Maybe youll figure out why. Maybe youll figure it out tonight, or in a week. Maybe youll never learn why you are wrong. But you are. And its fun for me to watch you go on

>get shut down by data lines and satellite owners for antisemitic post

Lots of personal attacks and unfounded assumptions in this post. If you cut out everything but
>if A, B and C control the internet and they all just so happen to silence good messages as opposed to bad ones which they let run amok, you can actually make a case they're conspiring. They call it "united against hate" but it is the exact same thing.
it wouldn't be half bad.

It seems you have either ignored or misunderstood the point of the questions you were replying to, which asked for specific documents supporting the use of "platform" and "publisher" in the ways they were used here. Vague responses like "US law" are useless and do not answer the question.

Additionally, the use of "your" instead of "you're" had no bearing on your ability to understand the post, and the fact that you were able to make the correction in the first place demonstrates how unnecessary it was.

You fucking kike, DIE.

Is there no stronger case for Voltaire's words "To find who rules over you, see who you are not allowed to criticize." ((They)) won and know they have the power and don't even care who knows it at this point

they really are /ourguys/

You still wouldn't be able to prove any specific individual made the posts. You can't even prove someone inside the residence of the IP made the posts. For all you know it was the neighbor posting on stolen wifi.

>It's ok when we do it, just get another provider
>It's ok when we do it, just get your own country
>It's ok when we do it, just get your own planet
>It's ok when we do it, just get your own solar system
Stop hiding behind the "They're a private entity" bullshit. Left-wing faggot.

Interesting generalizations, thank you.

>Who here actually uses proxies?

>be you
>not even using a single proxy
how fucking new are you?

look up Communications Decency Act
youtube.com/watch?v=iwvFD_A5QeQ

too bad neither this or antitrust lawas are applied, since all the fucking lawmen are on literal payroll from the tech giants, and the moment they try anything funny - they get destroyed - remember what happened to Al Franken? that was immediately after he spoke against the big tech and google specifically

>powerful private companies are allowed to team up and fucking destroy your life because they don't like you

Attached: 5577.png (741x568, 23K)

pic related

>It's just kept for as long as the thread is up to ban users.
they keep it until the thread is removed from the Jow Forums's archive.
So on some boards that could take ages

these archive sites never see your ip

you get banned for a reason. They keep your ip until the ban is lifted and they keep what you have posted too in case you wan to appeal your ban.

Attached: 1523388483410.png (444x214, 47K)