Are we in the wild west days of the internet?

are we in the wild west days of the internet?

Attached: images (1).jpg (320x158, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. It's sad to see incoming censorship. Ideas are never supressed by force for long...yet they try.

pre-2003 was more the wild west

No, that's long gone. That was when the internet sounded like this: youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

The internet is controlled by huge left wing oligopolies

Nah. Type Nigger. Type it anywhere but 4-chan. You'll be banned.
Nearly the entire internet has been co-opted by Reddit tier leftists. They just took a while to catch up on a new front.

Sort of, yea.

But we're in the end game when the feds started rolling in.

zoomer thread

All the cowboys that didn't get killed off got old and are drinking in a bar remembering their lost buddies and the old days.

No that was up to ~2008 or so you dumb zoomer

I was beginning to use the net in the IRC days of the late 90s.

Was horrified when people actually started using their real identities online. Back then it was well understood that the internet was about anonymity, which was what guaranteed freedom.

It was a simpler internet for a simpler time, but way better than the normie internet of today

Attached: unnamed.png (286x176, 72K)

That was 2 decades ago. This is the New Imperialism era of the internet. WW1 soon.

no

weimar republic era

Feels more like American civil war era. We're on the Confederate side but the huge federal government is taking over and we're losing freedom.

→ #

Help this thread is being shadowbanned.

t. someone that wasn't actually around back then.

The internet was never founded on anonymity. Newsgroups were the opposite of anonymous, tied to university emails bearing the users' names. Sure, if you were trading CP over IRC then you probably went by TrickyDick666, but that was not the norm.

>inability to indiscriminately sperg out on internet is a sign that free speech is dead
le sigh

those days are long gone...the web is slowly just turning into TV

Wow, that was quick

First they come for 'bad' words, and they end up with throwing you in Jail for questioning if flooding your country with millions of migrants is a good idea.

No that was BEFORE Eternal September, but you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Sigh, we had edgelords back then too

Attached: 1533814327608s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

My Nigga

>anyone that disagrees with me is an edgelord
Huff more petrol you transabo

>anyone that disagrees with me is an edgelord
>Sure, if you were trading CP over IRC

Sorry I didn't agree bro

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

yep.

oh fugg... the feels.