This thread is for Greek anons

A question has anybody else noticed that churches are putting up this flag.
>pic related
Why do they do it, is it a message? Are we missing something?

Attached: 5gm05pgc78ny.jpg (3264x2448, 886K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MA2D48x9Kkc
youtube.com/watch?v=FIcxqVRLEWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been noticing that they've been using the yellow church flag a lot more too, not just at churches but also around hotels etc.

t. Diaspora on holiday.

What does it mean?

No that flag was always used I think. I am not sure

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_Greek_Orthodox_Church.svg.png (1280x853, 169K)

That's why I am asking maybe some user knows

Attached: alternate_byzantine_flag_by_nikephorosdiogenes-d8jyqi3.png (900x506, 452K)

Byzantium & Christianity are represented as the same thing since Hellenism in those times.

It's the flag of the Orthodox Church of Greece. You're probably used to seeing the Byzantine Imperial Flag which (sadly) has no official status in the Orthodox faith.

The Empire is returning.

This is the flag you are talking about
True but that doesn't answer why they are putting them up now.

gayreek subhumans

The yellow one is the flag of The Ecumenical Patriarchate and Mount Athos, and the Greek Orthodox Churches in the diaspora. Historically it was an emblem wore by Byzantine ruling dynasties in late empire.

The red and gold tetragrammatic cross one is actual official imperial flag from the late empire Palaiologos dynasty.

They are often put up on holidays or other important dates for the church.

Likely because the yellow Byzantine flag that they had been hanging for years has no official status as a flag in the Orthodox Church. The flag they are putting up now is the official flag.

The church always tried to show respect to Byzantium as Christianity was created in a Hellenistic world, by a Roman citizen.
This is not new.

God damn it Turks we can be fucking friends stop playing all fucking sides before you get fucked in the ass again like you did during ww1 and for some reason got saved by the kikes.

Not as often as it is now,at least not as far as I remember and I've been going to Greece since I was a very young child.

CHN's newest stream!!!
topics include
>zionism
>jews...
>alex jones censored
>sam hyde
>good comfy music
>deep red pills
> lots of humor and bants

i believe you faggots will approve

youtube.com/watch?v=MA2D48x9Kkc

Become BASED, Like Bellagio Sampler

Attached: 3rd Prophet-King.png (717x691, 492K)

I had never seen them. And when I am saying they are put up I mean, I have seen village churches of 50 houses putting them up.
Maybe but I have traveled Greece a million times and the only time I have seen these byzantine flags is since 2017 or something like that.
Not what I am asking I am saying they are being put up for a reason to show something I want to see if any user knows about it.

Yes, around the holiday of the local church saint in many villages you can see those flags. It isn't new.

In Serbia it is new and becoming more often because faithful are travelling a lot more to Greek monasteries lately and they want to pay respect to our southern brothers.

We own you

Maybe you are telling the truth brother
But if the kikes own you doesn't that mean you are still a puppet?

Get out of my country you poor fag.

Atleast not here Greekbro

Nee, zit wel goed hier.

Good to know
You do know that we are still rich but we are just hiding our money right?

Φυσιkά αδελφέ

Aкo вac aлбaнcки пoдyхyмaн нaпaдa, oчeкyјтe мнoгo јeбeнe пoмoћи
I hope it came out right

Attached: 349.png (1620x621, 170K)

That's beautiful. O Stavros Nika!

Attached: FB_IMG_1525482575477.jpg (1537x720, 109K)

Είναι αρkετά kαλά. Εγώ μαθένω ελλινιkά kαι δεν χρησιμοποώ τρανσλατε πολά. Κάνει λάθη πολύ συχνά... Ελπίζω οτι αυτό ήταν ωραία.

SERBIA STRONG
youtube.com/watch?v=FIcxqVRLEWI

Attached: 1533761374021.jpg (720x540, 81K)

It's fine my friend both languages are very hard to learn and we should be proud to be part of this culture, and I am proud that people are still learning Greek even though it's one of the toughest languages.

Attached: spor-spor-hes-roman-empire-hes-roman-empire-youre-roman-17351561.png (499x502, 506K)

Kan je dan beginnen met pita's te maken? of rebrand Turkse brood als Grieks brood?

Εγώ πρέπει να τελειωσω το πανεπιστημίο μου kαί δεν εχω ώρα να χρησιμοποιήσω ελλινιkά αλλά δεν είναι πολύ δυσkολα.

why are you all writing in russian?

Είναι αρkετά δύσkολα γιατί πρέπει να είναι όλα σωστά όταν γράφεις, γιατί kαι το πιο μιkρό λάθος μπορεί να μπερδέψει αυτόν που το διαβάζει. But I am still very happy with this also when we leave the EU prepare for a union.

Attached: country-balls-3rd-balkan-war.png (584x1949, 95K)

It's the Eastern Roman flag, numbnuts.
What more reason do they need to put it up?

We never used it though I think. I am pretty sure

Yeah, writing can be exhausting... talking is easier. Anyways, a local "union" is probably what awaits us here. Hell, even if EU doesn't implode they will probably bunch all of us into some BS of different "speed".

Maybe something with Russia but I don't trust them that much especially when the kikes are still around.

No, they are too big to be honestly in it. You, Bulgaria, Romania and us

Yea ive noticed that too.
From Crete to Thessaly and Epirus alot of the churches now have a Byzantine flag along with the Greek flag and the flag of the Orthodox Church.
I like it desu

Long live greece, long live byzantium.
Slavic&Greek alliance

Time for another Crusade maybe?
The latin's promise not to burn constantiople this time.

Amen bro

Maybe one day.
Yea it's weird but I sure do fucking like it. It just brings in something new and honorable in this mess of a country. (maybe we can use it to spray over the antifa symbols instead of the A we will have the byzantine flag in every street would be cool)
I don't trust them they have to prove it
Thank you Slovenian brother

The official flag of the Greek church is this but probably many churches and monasteries are using various Byzantine flags unofficially.

Good it's unofficially we are ready to take our land back.

The Turkish Lira is crashing too. Maybe you guys can finally see a fulfilled enosis.

Attached: 20180724_105949.jpg (720x777, 197K)

I wanna lick Reimu's tummy~!

Attached: 1492395200971.jpg (768x1024, 209K)

Mate look go to Japan see a girl like her lick her belly go to jail get raped and die now please stop posting that ugly fucking anime girl

Attached: 1476039675159.jpg (1294x806, 177K)

With all the fuss about the Turkish economy i'm unironically getting my bergen ready

kek confirms now fuck off

Attached: 86b.png (500x592, 309K)

dear denbts,
when u have constantinople back
i will come and drink ouzo with you fags
as long as you kick out all the muslims

>we can be fucking friends
you dumb faggot
this is why you deserve all the worst shit
because you're goddamn shortsighted and a complete mong

I am not shortsighted you idiot I am just tired of fighting them all the time most of them are Greek and Armenian muslims and I am gonna kill my brothers on the coasts if we attack them. (I am not talking about those deep into ankara or most of the Constantinopole population I am talking about the coast most people there are probably Greeks that became muslims to avoid being ousted from the country).

lmao get ready to enlist guys

Attached: 1533919342547.png (610x437, 104K)

absolute madman

absolute massive cock

absolute cringe

Attached: AMERICANS.png (989x1022, 1.33M)