Appalachia General

Appalachia is the truest form of America.
>muh mountains
>muh guns
>muh coal
>muh moonshine
>muh militia
>muh rebel
>fuck the city
>fuck the fed

Appalachia is filled with beautiful forests, mountains, and creeks. The land is almost designed to live off of. If you treat the land right, it will treat you right.

I am a proud West Virginian. We represent both the best and worst parts of Appalachia, but we acknowledge that and we accept that.
Out-of-state resource extraction companies are ravaging our beautiful land for corporate gain without employing any of our people.
They destroy our infrastructure and then leave nothing but poverty behind. They leave nothing but rage and sadness.

I don't know what we can do. All of our potential representatives either want to destroy our land or destroy our culture.
I'm tempted to put myself out there, but I feel like I am too young and inexperienced. I don't think I would be the best person for it.

But what can we do? Do any other Appalachians have ideas on how to remove this plague on our land?

Attached: wv2.jpg (1280x720, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ucr74YNk
demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/
youtube.com/watch?v=ACbRNudb_P4
youtube.com/watch?v=IGbn9NOw2J4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We have to protect this beauty. We can't continue to allow out-of-state interests to exploit us for their own gain without giving anything back.

Attached: wv3.jpg (550x347, 31K)

bump pls

How often do you fuck your sister?

never
but the incest thing is kind of true, its less of fucking sisters and more of fucking 3rd cousins by accident
very few people move into this region, so eh it happens

Agreed
Surry County NC reporting
Not quite Appalachia but I can see the blue ridge from my house
Comfy

I'll bump ya op

Virginia here, I'd fight for my state before I ever fought for the U.S.

The only ugly places here are the ones ravaged by corporate greed, and thankfully they are relatively contained.
This. The Space Force is kind of tempting though. I want to be a space mountaineer.
But yeah, if my state ever fought the fed I would fight for my state every time.

People wanting to “live off the land” is why you are shit poor. Even look at Native American reservations. It’s not rocket science, but for you it is.

>natural food, no chemical additives
>no tax
>you know exactly where your food came from
>not raised on growth hormone
>not reliant on big business
yeah, truly horrible

westylvannia reporting, stay off my mountain er else...

I went to Appalachian State, originally a Charlottean but currently live in New York. I lived in Asheville for a year after college and recently road tripped along the whole Blue Ridge with a few days in CWC-ville (didn't see Chris tho).

I'm almost at the point in my life where I can settle down and buy a house. But where? I work online and my only requirements are (1) as few meth heads / pill zombies as possible and (2) preferably not a college town because college kids are fucking stupid. Help a brother out!

Attached: 9726375458_5daf1e3383_z.jpg (640x480, 315K)

People in Africa live just like that! You should move there.

Ahhh, my native land, ADK mountains here

I live in northern Alabama and I'm in the foothills but I think I can be considered an Appalachian with a view like this

Attached: IMG_20180617_165537.jpg (2592x4608, 2.81M)

Check out the area east of Raleigh. Decent prices, lower taxes than NY. And you're close to the triangle for jobs

true appalachians just want to be left alone. theyre too passive to do anything

Get involved, I know it's cliche but be proactive and organize like-minded people

luckily real estate in appalachia is relatively cheap
we dont have a high housing demand
stay away from college towns, stay away from pipeline towns, and stay the everliving fuck away from the northern panhandle in west virginia
most of the degeneracy is contained to wheeling, but they spread out a bit over the general northern panhandle area
not too sure about other states, but should be basically the same guidelines
norther 'bama is good, friend
this is the big problem. we all see the issues but just want to mind our own business. but if we leave it alone for too long it will become our business. hell, it already has in some places.
I want to, but there is no movement here that I can see to get involved in. I would have to start it, and I don't see myself as much of a leader.

That area is nogland

Attached: MTN captcha.jpg (384x483, 37K)

Blue Ridge mountains (Virginia).

Can I hang out with you guys anyway? We're neighbors.

do you love guns and freedom?

>They leave nothing but rage and sadness.
>The land is almost designed to live off of.

look fren, you know the answer already. fuck the nigger monkeys and their politics, life off of your beautiful land.

the problem is corporate exploitation is starting to damage the wildlife. plants are fine so far, but the animals we hunt are starting to become sickly and our rivers are completely trashed. some of the creeks are getting damaged too.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ucr74YNk

Sorry friendo I meant more mountainous areas. Like the other poster said, the area from Virginia beach to Raleigh is quickly turning into Nigeria
demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/

Anyone here from around south western VA? On my roadtrip we stopped a night near Galax/ Fancy Gap. Real pretty country around there even though technically I guess its only foothills

well, its the same here in austria, but we still have many beautiful places left. you either go and live as far away from degeneracy as you can or you dedicate your life to fight it, but i dont think that there is a political solution and i dont think you would last very long when you start a war against the modern world....

Attached: alp.jpg (800x533, 151K)

Where at?

Trapped in Pittsburgh here. Would like to move back to comfy rural Armstrong or Indiana County but no work around :(

Is South-East Canada part of Appalachia? I live an hour from the border and the ecosystem seems similar. Anyways I feel blessed to be so close to genuine nature with its trees and lakes.

Attached: mls-11029747-5749a-ch-vincent-massey-rawdon-quebec-j0k1s0.0.jpg (2000x1498, 509K)

no, you are more the area that connects the new england and great lakes areas
both of which are aesthetically pleasing, but lack the minimalist mountaineer culture of appalachia

supp apalachian carpenter!!???

Pike county, KY reporting in

Attached: 1527522202575.jpg (1224x1627, 217K)

I took a trip through Southwest Virginia last fall and I felt like my soul had come home or something. There's nothing like it. I've gotten obsessed with the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=ACbRNudb_P4

Anybody here know how to do some good mountain crafts? One day when I have the time and resources, I wanna try my hand at building banjos, dulcimers, and such. I just don't know how you would get started. Seems like it would be better to start off with other sorts of woodworking and build up to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGbn9NOw2J4

Greenup county, KY reporting in.

Attached: 1459310868825.png (957x769, 461K)

>space mountaineer
>shift change on asteroid guard duty never comes soon enough
>still better than satellite pilot though

Central PA here what up Montour County here

Has the rest of Appalachia been feeling a recovery lately? A lot of our mines have been reopening and I’ve been seeing less and less empty billboards as I’ve been driving around. It feels good. There is still definitely a heroin problem, but I feel like that has been subtly dying down too.

Attached: 593D8425-BA71-410F-B641-BC597FFAE0A8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Definitely. During almost all of the last administration, coal trains were virtually nonexistent. Now they come through all the time.

Attached: 20180805_165420.jpg (3264x1836, 1.96M)

Hunter?

Roanoker reporting

PA does not have particularly high mountains, but the many relatively organized ridges and valleys combined with the gorges up north and plentiful farmland make it uniquely beautiful here.

I actually find it harder to hike here a lot of the time compared to states with much higher elevations just because of how ungodly rocky it can be.

Attached: 0A54B8EB-3031-486B-97AC-1F5C582C9FB5.jpg (1080x1080, 226K)

Shendaoh here. Dub v grad. Fuck nigger urban kikes.

Attached: 20180718_195453.jpg (4032x2268, 1.84M)

I passed through rural Pennsylvania on my way to Philadelphia from Leafland last year. Didn't expect to see all the Trump banners but loved it

Ozarker here. Sure, we've thought about genociding you all in the past, and taking your women as concubines and/or distillery slave-maidens. But we're all mostly white here. Maybe we can move past all that together. Maybe one day soon we can start a eugenics policy and destroy the bankers for good bros.

> Montani Semper Liberi
We are in a bad way, brother. The opiate problem seems a much more immediate threat than the resource extraction problem, though it must be acknowledged that economic despair drives the drug issue.

WViam here, tired of oil companies bringing illegals to siphon out my oil! I want to call the cops!

Same! Must be a regional thing because I will say "fuck the union, fuck the USA" before I betray my state.

Crazy how that is! Stay the fuck away!

Marshall here. Had to know what Huntington was like. Too many NOGS!!

>this is the big problem. we all see the issues but just want to mind our own business. but if we leave it alone for too long it will become our business. hell, it already has in some places
This is a serious problem in all of rural North America. Government and the financial sector basically destroyed Northern Mexico. They'll do the same to anyone else, as we all can attest to after the global financial crisis. Even the poorest communities that are marginally productive will be strip mined, industry will be outsourced, young men will turn to military/drugs/violence. And this will all be tolerated by the government because it'll give them a short term boost in GDP and revenue, if they aren't whores to special interests in the first place.

If we don't take advantage of these good times and set some strong foundations for the future, we will all be like those peasants in Northern Mexico, or like the ranchers in in South West fighting in courts for fucking water and other basic resources. All with lawyers we can't pay for! Or worse!

Southern Schuylkill County PA and Northern Berks, a few towns that keep nogs and zombies out. AT runs right through. Fucking beautiful.

Attached: Swatara-Falls-1898.jpg (1000x800, 71K)

Virginian.

There is no saving Appalaichia. Its an economicallly depressed region with low land values. You will never be able to compete with, say, a New Yorker in terms of cash building. Since American law does such an effeciant job of preventing freedom of association, yankee filth will continue to flood us. With low land values and average incomes, the disparity of wealth means outsiders will always win. Rural succeptability to property and estate taxes make it an even rawer deal. The only way Appalaichia survives is if New York and other places suddenly can't exploit this disparity. Since an American balkanization or the repeal of a basically all 14th Amendment derived laws won't happen any time soon, we're doomed. Cherish the memories of your home and family, your grandchildren will never know them.

mother fucker, delete this