Delta IV Heavy Launch

NASA and ULA are about to launch a Delta IV Heavy carrying the Parker Solar Probe, which will skim through the upper atmosphere of the sun. If successful it will become the fastest man-made object in history.

Launch coverage has started. Liftoff scheduled for 3:53AM Eastern US time, with a ~1hr launch window.
About 50 minutes to go from the time of this post.

Stream here:
youtube.com/watch?v=wwMDvPCGeE0

Quick rundown here:
youtube.com/watch?v=_gyBbGYEqpk
youtube.com/watch?v=XBudjihQKsw

Attached: DeltaIV_Parker_Pad37.jpg (2048x1365, 813K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFKcMd8AME0
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6nn8fZOmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No swindling Musk? Not relevant!

Will Elon post tonight. He posted in the the last launch thread a few days ago.

I hope we see the ayys tomorrow.

Well this is a ULA launch, not SpaceX.

Falcon Heavy is powerful enough to perform this mission, but it's still very new and these missions take years of planning.

Why does this guy being interviewed on NASA's youtube stream sound like young Lo Wang from Nu Shadow Warrior?

Oh I just saw Heavy and assume. It's weird that the eclipse is starting right as launch is.

Next Falcon Heavy launch is set for November this year. Will use the latest block 5 boosters this time.

I still wanna know why NASA has never caused this to happen.

Attached: 1525194777683.png (1500x1000, 938K)

LOL, it really does.

Lead Engineer for the probe is a woman
Abandon all hope.

This is why SpaceX exists.

Genuinely hoping it blows up on launch - defense contractors have has a stranglehold on spaceflight for decades... these dinosaurs need to go extinct so the up-and-comers can start getting shit done.

They probably have, but I couldn't tell you a specific launch to look up. It's just a matter of the launch occurring right before sunrise or after sunset. That and it has to happen where people can actually witness it. Most launch out over the Atlantic where no one is around to see.

That particular Falcon 9 launch was in California right after sunset and it was flying South into a polar orbit, so people in LA had a great view of the exhaust trail from side-on.

Happened in Russia too.

Attached: 1512575431278.webm (640x480, 2.78M)

Twice

Attached: 1522246387504.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Like I said it's not that rare of an occurrence.
youtube.com/watch?v=gFKcMd8AME0

>Genuinely hoping it blows up on launch - defense contractors have has a stranglehold on spaceflight for decades... these dinosaurs need to go extinct so the up-and-comers can start getting shit done.

this, but it will be sucessful most likely. Those defence contractors had literal blank checks to develop the original ICBM's and then blank checks again to develop them into orbital launch systems. Meanwhile Musk had to sink over 1 billion of his own money into SpaceX before it had a single bit of interest from NASA.

now its better that NASA

fking interesting how the Delta IV has become the Titan IIIE of the 90s/2000s/2010s.

7 minutes to go

Also a reminder that all Delta IV launches generate a big hydrogen fireball that scorches the rocket at ignition. It's normal and accounted for.

>NO GO
if this aborts ULA is going to look like absolute niggers

>skim through the upper atmosphere of the sun
>people believe this shit.

Attached: DF82ED83-BF2E-49FE-B388-2243A1B07CB6.jpg (255x191, 19K)

NASA is infected with SJW insanity. Its a meme agency. SpaceX is also somewhat pozzed, but it laregely remains a home of proper nerdy incel white guys, which is probably why theyre so much better.

NASA was deliberately sabotaged. King Banana had them doing shit like climate change propaganda and Muslim outreach, along with the diversity hire nonsense. Thank God Trump is trying to turn it around.

>@NASA
>1m1 minute ago
>At this time, our Parker #SolarProbe launch team is in a no-go status as we await further details. Teams are investigating a condition.

I hope someone will steal it any do a barrel roll

Just under 35 minutes left in the window.

A DEMON VOICE JUST TOLD ME:

IT WILL BLOW UP!!!!

TALK LIKE A BOGAN YA FUCKING CUNT.

I'm sorry, I've seen many launches at different times in the morning and this has only recently begun. That plume, moving into itself is NOT an artifact of the sunlight. No way. Uhuh.

If you mean the little puffs inside the main exhaust trail, those are the RCS thrusters on the payload fairings. That is a recent development, as SpaceX is working on recovering the fairings.

New T-0 at 4:28AM Eastern. ~16 minutes from now.

massive waste of money, a rocket costing 400 mln $, because you can't buy RD-180 from us anymore (sanctions lol) and have to resort to oudated over expensive shit.

No, I don't mean the little puffs. Lol I mean the enormous expanding cloud that great from within.
You can say light of the sun 1000 times and put it on TV and 1000000 people repeat it, but it doesn't make it so.

SpaceX is already working on their BFR that will be cheaper and more powerful than a Delta IV Heavy in reusable mode.

I guess Jow Forums wishes this launch fails?

How is this Jow Forums anyway?

Jesus Christ COM sleeping at the fucking helm?

typical COM

The exhaust plume starts expanding as it climbs in altitude and the air pressure gets lower. There's also a point where the first stage separates and the second stage with a vacuum optimized engine bell ignites.
The same kind of trail happens with every launch, it's just usually not very visible because of the lighting conditions.

T-4min and counting

It's current events. Also NASA is related to politics.

Nah, the probe is a nice thing. Hope it succeeds. in general any space stuff is welcome - since Cold War ended mankind lost interest in space.

T- 2 Minutes

Only thing that could top Rich Roll is if this rocket explodes.

HODL

Attached: 100 percent cat.png (793x761, 827K)

Someone find this thot

Attached: Untitled.png (604x664, 484K)

or if aliens attack the space craft at launch

RUINED

SpaceX looking real good right about now eh Jow Forums

>How is this Jow Forums anyway?
This probe is going to the sun and Jow Forums is a branch of Trumps Space Force.

>9min left in window
>countdown reset at T - 4min
They're totally going to blueball us.

They aborted and will try again tomorrow.

RECYCLE

NASA blueballed us. Fug.

desu this feels worse than getting blueballed IRL

See you boys tomorrow I guess.

Attached: gondola rich evans.jpg (680x510, 32K)

Well that was anticlimactic. Thanks for nothing, OP.

Attached: Sapito deprimido.jpg (900x466, 34K)

What is the white smoke?

Attached: Screenshot - 08112018 - 10:27:00 AM.png (1366x768, 657K)

Taxpayer money.

NASA BTFO.

Attached: 1519823948983.jpg (746x746, 71K)

Cryogenic rocket fuel. They forgot to put the lid on.

I hate ULA but I hope the mission is a success

Attached: Bulgarian Space Agency.gif (1332x666, 173K)

vape

Fukin blue balled at 1:55

P O S T P O N E D

SCRUB these FUCKIN NUTS

Goddammit.

May delta live to fly another day.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't reeeing internally right now. I live within a hundred miles of Cape Canaveral and haven't caught anything being launched in quite a long time.

see you boys the same time tomorrow I GUESS

Scrubbed, private sector wins again!

Attached: based_elon2.jpg (2948x1996, 1.35M)

holy fuck it's a catalonian flag

that's a Trident

NASA doesn't have those

NASA be polluting Earth again.

Attached: CP.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Yeah, like I said, you can say it a million times but I'm just going to believe my own eyes. Thanks, tho.

Liquid oxygen/hydrogren that is warming up and turning into a gas. They continually top off the tanks with cold fuel and let the excess gas vent. until it's time for liftoff.

The NASA logo is a blue ball.
It's to be expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6nn8fZOmc

BASED