Atheist here

I can only take religion at face value based on what its followers and tenets say.

There is exactly one type of god I'd respect-- a god who created the universe in order to observe it and watch it change, and created life in order to watch if evolve. He respects free will and refuses to interfere with worldly affairs, because he trusts us to work things out for ourselves. War and famine happen because he doesn't interfere-- but he doesn't interfere because doing so would be far worse in the long run. It would allow us to accept easy answers. This god would hate cancer, disease, and warfare just as much as we do, but would see them as the natural result of change in the world.

This god would demand no love, devotion, or sacraments. He wouldn't ask for us to worship him, because he's comfortable with his own ego. He does not need to point a gun at weaker people and demand their love. He does not care if we believe in him. Our opinions mean nothing to him. He asks nothing from us.

However, God sends emissaries down to Earth all the time apparently, so he's fine with interfering. So if he's going to send his son down to save our souls, why not cure cancer while he's at it? And clearly he's a man of fragile ego, because all religions say that he demands love and devotion. No, if a god exists who is worth worshiping, I think he is the polar opposite of the Judeo-Christian god.

Do any Christians have a response to this? I'm a libertarian, so I would refuse to worship someone just because he has power over me. I can't respect someone who demands my love. Moreover, if half the stories in the Bible are true, it's clear that God is a seriously evil being. Why worship something like that? Just because you're too cucked to stand up for yourself? Are you so spineless that you kiss the boots of anyone who threatens you with damnation?

Don't tell me I owe him love because he created me-- a parent does not own their child.

Attached: angel.jpg (553x800, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/more-mortal/201504/atheists-love-aliens
newadvent.org/summa/index.html
anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/02/07/radiocarbon-dating-a-closer-look-at-its-main-flaws/
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02597188
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump. I'd like to hear a response to this.

So your problem seems to be that you don't respect what you think is the Christian God, and you want a response to all this righteous anger you have toward him and his followers. How about good luck with your free will? At least whatever God is, he can be respected for giving you that much.

My God is justice.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-08-21-25-04.png (720x1280, 153K)

>based on what its followers and tenets say
you should not listen to it's followers for they are no better than you.

just follow the ten commandments and love thy neighbor.
through that you will find why everything else is irrelevant.

Bring peace in place of violence GOD ZEUS COMMANDS

psychologytoday.com/blog/more-mortal/201504/atheists-love-aliens
>The general position of what is often referred to as the New Atheist movement is that atheists approach life through logic and empirical evidence (science) whereas religious people rely on faith and feelings. Many atheists would argue that they do not believe in something unless there is a good reason for doing so. But is this true?
>Atheists denounce the magical thinking that is derived from traditional religious narratives and faiths. However, they are open to other beliefs that lack scientific support. Turns out, even atheists are willing to take a leap of faith.

If you believe in aliens, you're a fedora.

Attached: Virtual euphoria.jpg (897x619, 169K)

He isn't your parent. He is your creator. Whether you believe in him or not is of no consequence to him.

Of course, He wants you to come home. But He won't force you. He gave you life AND free will. What you do with them is your choice. Sooner or later you will realise this. The fact that you bothered with this thread means you are looking

Attached: temptation-of-christ.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

>this god would/should.
I'm an atheist, but can't stand by stupidity. If there's a god — not something that simply has infinite power in respect to us, but full on skydaddy levels — then your opinion of what it SHOULD be is irrelevant. God could be completely insane and pick favorites at random. God could expect you to do the right thing while instilling doubt about their existence just to fuck with you. Best keep Pascal's wager in your pocket, you waffling little shit.

Attached: 1474837438381.jpg (428x469, 80K)

You're certainly no atheist if you're invoking Pascal's Smallbrain.

>Do any Christians have a response to this?
REPENT!

Attached: 5ea.jpg (715x590, 141K)

I don't need it; recommended for the mercurial agnostic, OP, who claims to be an atheist. I don't want a wishy-washy skid stain infecting the ranks of Atheists. It's best he hops the fence. Presumptuousness of the moral structure of something that's unfathomable is ridiculous.

Attached: PretendRetard.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

I'm sorry, but I think Aquinas has a better understanding of God than a euphoric retard that sees God as a glorified man.

newadvent.org/summa/index.html

> why isn't god janitoring these nasty chemicals we've learnt to make
/wrt curing cancer

Our government just acknowledged unidentified shit almost crashing with our planes all the time. You think it's just Atheists? Hell, there's bible thumpers that do too.

Hear me out OP.

God only cares for your spiritual growth.
And yeah, it's obvious that he doesn't interfere.

The devil however, a black demonic god, does send emissaries and creates religions constantly.

Btw, meditation is a slow path, but many simply wouldn't believe that touching your penis makes you grow spiritually.

Attached: Benefits-of-Meditation-Infographic.png (1200x5578, 302K)

>government just acknowledged unidentified shit almost crashing with our planes all the time
>actually believing in U.F.Os

Attached: 1525963494979.jpg (500x500, 69K)

>Aquinas has a better understanding
Why should he? He was just a christian retard, so no idea about god. Just some notions about jewish fables.

>Ad-hominem = discrediting point
obvious retard. disregarded

>American government lied about WMD's in Iraq
>they would never lie about U.F.Os colliding with planes

You're a moron.

Attached: 1525367608390.jpg (960x716, 58K)

Pandeism
God made the world, then "died" to become one with the world/the soul of the world.
Life and evolution is the path of transcendence return.

Attached: Neoplato[1].gif (350x454, 29K)

Attached: CuckworkOrange4.jpg (720x809, 54K)

>evolution

Attached: Tipped too much.png (500x320, 181K)

Evolution has been proven.

Attached: 1533912344182.jpg (960x720, 194K)

>Evolution has been proven

Attached: Fedora-sensei.jpg (496x496, 190K)

Imagine being so deluded by a religion you actually deny scientific fact because it doesn't marry well with your religious notions that you cannot test because the desert demon gets angry.

Attached: 1528804846796.jpg (222x203, 11K)

>evolution
>scientific fact

Attached: Minority fedora.jpg (636x332, 105K)

Yes, it is.
I bet you think bananas grow in the wild without giant seeds and with the same taste you find them in the supermarked, faggot.

>Yes, it is.

Attached: Euphoric skin.png (497x749, 456K)

Why are you assuming I am atheist? I simply don't deny scientific fact, Idk, I don't have a silly belief in a desert demon.

Attached: ogac6.jpg (573x609, 44K)

>The theory of evolution as opposed to the laws of evolution
>Scientific fact

Attached: thoughts.png (128x110, 11K)

It's been observed.
Thanks to evolution we can breed all kinds of plants and animals to our liking, Idk, see if selective breeding works or not, retard.

Attached: 8296007985_a1981c976c_b.jpg (720x480, 94K)

>I would refuse to worship someone just because he has power over me
God loves you so much, that he gave you the power to refuse

God tells the mountains and planets to move, and they obey, but he tells man to obey, and man says "No".

Adam & Eve disobeyed God, who gave them life and free will and created everything in this world, yet they still disobeyed him.

What did God do? Manifested in the flesh as a human, in Jesus Christ, was beaten, humiliated, spat upon, then crucified naked for 3 days, and dying, next to a couple of thieves. This God you so proudly refuse to worship, did this for you.

Of course he rose again from the dead, and through him we can live with God evermore.

If you refuse to worship, that's fine, but I don't refuse because I wan to be with him forever and ever.

God is to be worshiped because he is worthy of worship, otherwise why call him God?

You're speaking very pridefully brother, and we all know what cometh before destruction, and what caused the devil to be cast out from heaven, right?

>I know next to nothing about the fundamentals of science
>But observations equal scientific facts!!!!

Attached: 369557013862023168.png (112x112, 8K)

It also has been observed that birds that separate from their peers in certain areas tend to evolve not to be anymore sexually compatible with their previous partners, thus especiation has been observed.

So yes, evolution.

Attached: 1307389923586.jpg (296x404, 37K)

>has never seen one kind of bacteria turn into a completely different kind of bacteria
>has never seen a snake evolve from a lizard
>has never seen a ape turn into a human

>calls it fact

Attached: Tip with the wrist.gif (600x902, 1.06M)

>we all know
You all know from a book, which isn't exactly the best source of knowledge.

I'm not atheist, you can post fedoras all you want

Observed evidence doesn't equate to a scientific theory becoming an absolute fact. Please don't spout shit you do not understand, you make other athiests look like retards.

>observed evidence isn't fact

Attached: 1e6d3bf7116ed7c5309e74f0ffee97fd--laughter-therapy-laughter-yoga.jpg (540x360, 37K)

>has never seen one organism turn into a completely different one

Attached: Tipping slightly.gif (383x498, 2.39M)

>There's no evolution because this single religion that I believe doesn't mention it and claims the world is 6000 years old in spite of it being measured much older and thus btfoing me.

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 41K)

anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/02/07/radiocarbon-dating-a-closer-look-at-its-main-flaws/
>the amount of Carbon-14 in the atmosphere has not been steady throughout history. In fact, it has fluctuated a great deal over the years. This variation is caused by both natural processes and human activity. Cosmic rays and changes in Earth’s climate can cause irregularities in the amount of Carbon-14 in the atmosphere

Another flawed dating method besides carbon dating is the uranium-lead method. If you use the uranium-decay method on the rocks of the Earths crust you get the conventionally accepted age of over 4 000 000 000. But if you use the same method on the atmosphere, you get an age of only 100 000.

Same can be said about potassium-argon dating.
link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02597188
>The potassium-argon method is attractive for dating volcanics since it can be applied to rocks of Pleistocene age and older, thus encompassing important periods of general volcanic activity.
>However it has been found that dates obtained on whole rocks and on included minerals frequently show gross discordances.

J.G.Funkhouser and J.J.Naughton used the potassium-argon method on volcanic rocks from Mount Kilauea and got ages of up to 3 000 000 000 years when the rocks are known to have been formed in a modern eruption in 1801.

Attached: Tipper of fedoras.gif (263x396, 649K)

tl;dr

Kill yourself

>A creator who paints the canvas of reality every unit of planck time
>He's gotta be a shitty nihilist like me and hate people
>He won't make me immortal so He's evil
What a perplexing series of logic errors op.

Attached: planck time.jpg (900x834, 177K)

who gives a shit what you believe, faggot?
So God does not comply to your faggy modern desires? Well what a fucking surprise, that the creator of all things disagrees with your psuedo intellectual sentiments.

God's truth revealed through the Bible is always supreme to mere human "truth" and "evidence".

Fuck off back to Hell where you came from.

Every fucking time God send an emissary to do things like cure cancer, earth people kill them. Just like you murdered Jesus. Then fedora fags say stupid shit like you just said.

I sure get tired of blind men who prattle on about rainbows not existing. Tell us more oh wise one.

He does not interfere because he doesn't care about our suffering.

why doesnt he care about our suffering?

The Unactualized Actualizer is eternal and unchanging. He is not just an infinitely good being, but the source of goodness and the source of being. Devotion to God is for YOUR benefit, not God's.

>a god who created the universe in order to observe it and watch it change, and created life in order to watch if evolve
Lmao the fact that you're looking for a literal cuck god says a lot about you. You should be looking for truth, you retard, not what makes you feel warm and fuzzy.