Apologize

Apologize.

Attached: real actual news.jpg (1280x1630, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xEQR1wK5FCM
youtube.com/watch?v=eqBR8knRM2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They drown trying to enter mine, so yeah..

TOP KEK

post video

It's beautiful.

Attached: 1530071302834.jpg (1001x823, 205K)

People shouldn't illegally try to cross borders.

WOMP
WOMP

youtu.be/xEQR1wK5FCM

No

Attached: Barney Knows No Mercy.jpg (381x350, 28K)

ありがと

Sorry you didn't have any armed guards to shoot him, wall.

BBLLUMMPPPFFFFFT

Would save on medical costs.

ありがとう

FTFY

So this is exactly why the wall is 30 feet. It should be 2 feet higher so death is the result.

>illegally breaks both legs
now that's a funnier way to read that headline
sage tho

I'm sorry you can't walk your beaner ass back to where you came from.

why do you write double o as o u
my book just says "for historical reasons"

what the fuck is this shit

"I told him the wall just got ten feet taller"

Shoulda listened.

The short o is stressed
The ou has a kind of w sound in it.
Double o, oo, would be pronounced twice.

saved, thanks OP i will post this in the next pol humor thread i go to

yes but why do you use うinstead of お
same with ee using い. reading は like わ is also confusing

its like the nips dont want us to learn their language

fucking weebs

rude

I think you're having a rough time because you're trying to apply phonetic rules based off of whatever your primary language is. I could be wrong though.

>like the nips don't want us to learn their language
>a fucking hebrew
555-come-on-now.jpg

It's written as あ a り ri が ga と to う u, I've never heard of this double o talk, but I'm not surprised you're trying to sell me two of the same thing

Attached: 1371869530337.jpg (223x349, 36K)

Clearly one of the 50 Mexican Intellectuals.

Sick burn.

Because it's not two お sounds, it's an お and a う sound. Polite word in Japanese gets softened, not a shocker.

THANK YOU BASED ZEUS.

Western thread aynone interested is welcome!

Is there ever an oo in Japanese? I only know what it sounds like from listening to my animes voice actors, but off the top of my head only aa and ii stick out. But even those I think I remember as usualy being more like a-anh and i-ee.

I'm sorry he didn't land on his head

Attached: 1533828992795.webm (1080x1080, 717K)

He means why is it romanized as arigatou and not arigato

とう-> tou is two syllables (と then う), even though the う is just an extension of と's sound. If you just write と, it's one syllable, which is incorrect.

>and that's a good thing

They should have tossed him back.

Yes, there is, there are times when two-syllable o sounds are oo instead of ou, such as とおい (far) and とおか (10th day), but these are exceptions by convention, and the hard rule is long o = ou

In terms of sound, oo and ou are indistinguishable

where’s your 31 foot ladder now Pedro lmao

Sometimes in names, you can get ひろお as a person/place name, which is different from ひろう.

It's a bit like asking for clarification between fifteen and fifty in English, they're close, and sometimes it's tough.

this guy knows what im talking about

well this shit has nothing on the insane hebrew rules. I can't even imagine trying to learn hebrew as a foreigner. fucking niqqud is the bane of the all poor international jews trying to come here

Groovy, so my ears weren't lying. I barely know anything about the language, but I like listening to it because you can still hear the emphasis, phrasing, pacing, etc.

mfw:
youtube.com/watch?v=eqBR8knRM2w

Attached: 1488700071709.jpg (600x1060, 54K)

>clarification between fifteen and fifty in English
Are you a native Nip-speaker? I never would have thought of those as being similar unless you just can't hear a person clearly. Huh.

> (You)
>He means why is it romanized as arigatou and not arigato

Because that's not what's written in Japanese, simple as that

The 2000 plus kanji I know have nothing on your squiggle languages.

No, but it was the best analogy I could think of. It's not a question you as often in Japanese, just when you didn't hear well. Like having a Yuuki and Yuki in a group of friends.

,ol

when it comes to hiragana/katakana, just know that one character = one syllable. and each kana always makes the same sound. for these reasons its wrong to compare kana to letters directly, which is why Japanese has no alphabet.

I was late to dinner with my labmates just two days ago because they told me 7:15 and I heard 7:50. Fifteen and fifty are so close that even native speakers will screw it up, let alone the Japanese folks speaking English. But at any rate, ひろう and ひろお would sound the same despite being "spelled" different... not so for fifteen and fifty, which sound very close but are different nonetheless. Really the problem there is the English tendency to trail off with the 'n' at the end

Nigga that's literally what you type on the keyboard if you want ありがとう to appear, unless you're using a Japanese keyboard, and those things are total cancer I tell you. You know what I meant, there is zero need to overcomplicate the question just so you can show off your impressive knowledge base you sperglord

He managed to climb it, so it should be built 10 feet higher.

just build it high enough so their spines break instead, not a foot more (that's wasteful)

Calm your man tits, I was saying its romanized as arigatou because that's the characters used in Japanese.

Yeah, I guess I can imagine that probably being bad in native fast-talking Japanese as compared to animes where everything is over-pronounced. Like, I have some very basic Spanish, but listening to a native rattle away in it, let alone a Mexican slur it out, is a whole different ball of wax.

Pretty certain my country would apologise on behalf of this "gentlemen's" "misfortune". We'd also have a 16 year-old virgin bride and a 6 bedroom town house waiting for him after he gets discharged from hospital, whilst yours truly pays for it all.

well of course a logogramic system is more difficult than a phonogramic one.

hebrew is still autistic. imagine if instead of two diacritic signs(tenten,maru ) you had 15 and they applied to every single letter but were not consistent. that is, they changed according to the word itself, and some of them had the same meaning but still needed to be differentiated if you wanted to read the word as a non hebrew speaker

shit is autismo

I still don't hear the 15 v 50 thing.
Fifteen stresses the t more.
It's like fif-teen vs fift-ee
Could be a regional/accent thing I guess.

Sorry it wasn't taller.

>not a foot more (that's wasteful)
We are a nation of excess. Just for saying this, we need it built another 10 feet higher.

>the American Land itself attacks illegal aliens
pooteery

Working as designed. Shame he lived.

Maybe. Where I am from, if you say it too fast it is not at all uncommon for someone to ask which word you said, even though the stress is more on the "fift" in fifty.

But in Japanese, emphasis within a word comes from tone, not from stress. So they often screw up the stress on words in English, because it isn't important in Japanese. This makes it even harder for stress-dependent situations like fifty vs fifteen

So what you're saying is it needs to be 10 feet taller? Fuck, make it 20 feet.

Working as intended

It's usually pretty clear if it's at the end of a word, but can be tricky if it's in the middle, and especially when it's the same sound, like Yuki versus Yuuki.

You get to control the world's money though, that's neat.

I guess I can kinda see where you're coming from. My only other language is Spanish and they have similar issues with some English words, though it's not tonal.

This is sad because now we'll have to pay for his medical care.

Maybe I'm just used to Japanese accents, but nailimg that N at the end is tough. Was an issue back home on old phones too

Already paid for them to airlift him to a hospital

Japanese doesn't really have glides for single-vowel situations, does it? Not that I would know if I'm hearing any of it right, but what makes me think about it being a double-vowel is that they wind up putting a glide in there so you can tell it's a double-vowel even when spoken quickly. So uu there to my ears sounds like ehoow (or I don't know how to write that but there's kind of an awoo type of glide).

Again, probably over-emphasized in anime voice acting.

Sorry. I had nothing to do with voting in orange Hitler. I voted Jill Stein.

>LOL WHY BUILD A WALL IF YOU CAN JUST CLIMB OVER IT

underrated

If it's actually the same vowel sound twice, you say each sound separately. If you're stretching on vowel, it can be used to show emotion, depending on your tone of voice.

But if you were to say yu-uki really fast, wouldn't that naturally come out like yeh-ewki?

I'm sorry you feel that way.

All in all you're just another stain on the wall

Don't worry, Mexico has public healthcare so he will be fine.

The fish from spongebob shouting AHHHH MY LEG! Immediately played in my head and I have zero regrets.

That could sound exasperated or angry, and is a mistake you would make if you lived here, but after some time, you just pick up on when it's two sounds, not one.

Well, I didn't mean like yehEWki!
Just hinting at a stop between the transition between "y" and "k" vs. yooki which doesn't shift sounds in the middle. I don't know, just over thinking it I guess.

looks like hat fellow wont GO home

I'm sorry you're so stupid that you broke your legs trying to cross the border illegally.

"Don't worry gringo we will come with trucks, grappling irons and ladders to conquer your border wall!"
>24 months of planning later
>youtu.be/xEQR1wK5FCM

>not a single Mexican poster in this thread
Will they ever recover?

Attached: zkWBDZo.jpg (616x468, 84K)

Syllible counting helped me until I adapted. Yuki has two, Yuuki has three. Until you get there, it's a good language bridge.

They were all sharing one internet account, and I hear that guy busted his legs and didn't pay the bill.

Fucking love based Nip bants

I was always angry at my elementary school teachers when they told me that "flag" and especially "heel" had only one syllable each. So that's the way my mind works about throwing a dental "l" in the middle of "fag" or turn "ee" into "ee-yah".

should have been 40 feet

W O M P
O
M
P

how do you illegally break your legs?

For me, flag has two (fla g) and heel has one (heel), I think we're hitting a regional accent wall here.

Live in the UK and forget to get that license.

Checked
FIFTH POST BEST POST
good job roach

By jumping over a 30 foot border wall.

OY WHERE'S YOUR LEG BREAKING LOICENSE MATE

Shortened ありがと is valid in casual friendly speech, it is less intense than full ありがとう
but you are right to dismiss the juden

We say quarter past seven to avoid this

あががまs is what I've been hearing lately.

Our telephone operators used to be trained to say 9 as "naiyan" so as to have it not be confused with 5. Sometimes you need exact numbers.

Quarter-to and ten-past and things like that died with analog clocks. I'm told some young people can't even read time from them properly.

You also say "Don't look back in anger" when a sand person blows up a a concert attended by young people.