Bethesda threatened man with legal action for trying to sell one of their games he never opened

Guy tries to sell a copy of Evil Within 2 on Amazon he never got around to playing and Bethesda threatens to sue him. Wtf? polygon.com/2018/8/11/17661254/bethesda-sell-used-games-amazon-block

Attached: Screenshot_20180811-113401_Brave.jpg (1439x1756, 461K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2017/04/30/john-deeres-digital-transformation-runs-afoul-of-right-to-repair-movement/#71dbc4f85ab9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how the fuck do you sell games it's just bytes on a harddrive

He should be buying skyrim

I agree with Bethesda.... screw him.

The used games you get at GameStop are as-is... it’s possible that game is a Chinese copy and Bethesda can tell why by looking at photo in sales listing.

are you a 10 year old

Attached: Half-Life-Opposing-Force-and-Counter-Strike-2.jpg (400x271, 32K)

Wrong board faggot

this is a disgusting move by Bethesda fuck them

kill yourself

>Here is a hypothetical that puts me in the right
Why do Jews always do this?

You guys didn’t even bother to read the article.
The reason they threatened to sue is because it’s a Chinese fake copy being sold as a real Bethesda game.

evil within 2 was a good game

it's just dumb economically , after you sold someone the game you still have it , there's zero scarcity and infinite supply so no one would buy that shit

that isn't what the article says at all

>children's games are politics
Come back in 12 years when you're 18

Yeah because bethesda is run by complete fucking assholes. I had skyrim on xbox 360 years ago, heard it was compatible with xbox one. Go to put the disc in, and it says I need the one from the shop.

Instead of being like every other decent game publisher, even fucking minecraft, they make you pay for a completely new version of Skyrim?? Special edition?? and it costs more???

>Polygon
Archive that shit or get out faggot, I'm not clicking that hot garbage

>tfw Gen X
>Got to sell, swap, hire and trade all my games as a kid
>Have a 12yo Steam acc with like 6 games on it

I feel for the poor cunts who have thousands locked into steam, dead money.

>no one would buy it.
Are Jews really this retarded?

Actually I just checked it's 13 years

Look at the bigger picture. It can extend beyond games.

Still playing video goym LOL white people are good goys

Are you a time traveller from 1995?

>after you sold the game you still have it
I’d like to know how you do this my fellow kike

This. Fuck people who create things of value.

Welcome to this new meme called accounts, you redeem the game to an account and use the activation code so you cant sell it again unless you crack it. So if you wanna sell your game legally youll have to sell your account. Youre either old af and never played games or just retarded

Fake news

That was the biggest dick move from them, skyrim was 19.99$ on steam and on sales it was cheap af like 5$ then they republished the same game with a 39.99$ price tag.

(((Remastered)))

are you stupid? it's licensed intellectual property and an immaterial product that people worked hard on.

>Not reselling the cd-key on one of the cd-key resellers

Straw Mensch

Yeah, there is a lot of space between free gibs communist and stingy Jews..

A few new games have legal agreements before you can use the game... more specifically if you don’t agree to terms send it back for a refund. Amazon used goods jew is trying to sell outside of the user agreement.

and someone's just trying to sell the actual property that immaterial stuff happens to be on

Rip the rom goyim.

>giving bethesda money

Deserve what you get desu

most jewish thing I saw today

Fuck off /v/

I know. I wouldn't normally link to that SJW shitshow but I thought this bullshit from Bethesda was particularly outrageous. Also I don't know how to archive pages.

what a glorious game franchise..
so simple, yet so good. the chess of online fps.

If Bethesda wants me to play their games, they have to pay me.

Attached: 1533055445502.jpg (816x1024, 194K)

...I don't think this chosen one passed Shekelnomics 101

Attached: hebraic_screeching_merchant.jpg (480x480, 33K)

It doesn't say that anywhere in the article you illiterate nigger.

You nerds will always give them money anyway. You make a big stink and a lot of noise but always end up giving them money for some flimsy rationalization. You might cut back, but you never truly cut them off.

I see it with vidya fags, comic fags, weeaboos, star wars fags, trekkies etc. People with escapist hobbies are weak willed. They will always choose to support the escapism over even principles in their interest. They are just another form of junkie that will do anything for a hit.

True.

the big difference is that vidya, comics, anime, and movies can easily be pirated unlike drugs. if you want to punish the jewish corporations making these digital drugs, just spread piracy how-tos to the normalfag soibois.

Haha buying video games? Who does that shit? Hahahahaha am I back in the 90's?

poo

>I don't like Shlomo pushing poz!
>I'll keep consuming it anyway, I just won't pay for it!
This is why the white race loses.

>what is are game cds?
Spotted the underage faggot.

then Bethesda needs to demand the article writer make that clear. Video gamers aren't wasting time reading this shit. You can bet this pushed a few towards hacking the games themselves outta anger.

Cd? Are you still playing sega saturn?

Attached: robert_a_altman.png (813x9972, 2.8M)

That's not mentioned once in the article. It's apparently a sealed copy of the game.

Fuck Bethesda. I'm not buying anything from them anymore. Horse armor, then Skyrim Special Edition, then Creation Club, Fallout 76, and now this. They're starting to take advantage of customers.

Pilpul

>Don't sell my game

Attached: 3027651-3022128-screen+shot+2018-05-19+at+1.58.58+pm.png (914x442, 305K)

>retards on Jow Forums still won't blame capitalism for this shit

it has more to do with turbocorporatism

LONG LIVE THE CORPERATIONS! MAGA!

Attached: duntredonmeguberntment.jpg (450x450, 39K)

>capitalism is marked by lack of regulation on markets
>using regulation to prevent a market from forming (used game market) is capitalism
you're retarded

Attached: discord img.jpg (308x320, 41K)

You still willingly consume the mind poison but it is okay because they are not getting money.

So instead of just being a weak-willed pretend man, you also take pride in the fact that you steal like a nigger.

You fucking kike, you God damn fucking know the legal Talmudic bullshit you pull. Whenever anyone buys a game, you're not buying the game, you're buying a non-transferable license to use that piece of software for you and you alone. That license cannot be used by anyone else or transferred in any way. This is the system you fucking over dodgers put in place. Gas yourself sand merchant.

Attached: Dj-HVbXUYAE0i27.jpg (600x600, 99K)

>90 IQ

Attached: 1531628305514.jpg (440x406, 45K)

>implying copying is stealing

post potty or gtfo

>government gives a corporation monopoly powers (copyright)
>apparently this is capitalism's fault and the answer is more regulations
Just get rid of copyright if you hate corporations abusing it so much. They're one of the most anti-consumer policies we have yet for some reason no one can fathom a world without them.

Copyright should be abolished.

weird jew you are

Why would anyone ever put the effort into inventing a new method or product if they won't be rewarded for it?

>t. Kike

The kike knows whats up, buying bytes is only for the stupid goys

I have a copy of Evil Within 1 on PC right next to me. I bought it on Amazon sealed for 8.99 which was cheaper than any digital DL at the time. It works. Stores like Wal-mart, Best Buy, Target, and others still sell AAA titles in their stores with discs, packaging, and artwork. EA Games, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Bethesda, and 2K still make physical copies.

The only hard workers when it comes to Bethesda are the lawyers and the loyal drones.
Why make a game with a compelling story, bustling world, and modern graffics if you can hide behind an army of lawyers and rabid fanbois?

Ya'll ever just get a mod chip and then rent a game and install it and then send it back? Ya'll ever just pirate a game? Ya'll ever just not play video games because you got better shit to do?

>licensed intellectual property

Attached: 1427932178582.jpg (992x880, 157K)

>worked hard on
What's your point? Hard work doesn't mean a good product.

>Buying a game
why not just go on TPB

remember, intellectual property doesn't exist

same reason people did before copyrights were invented

If the package has never been opened, the agreement was never made.

>You buy a pizza from me
>You sit outside my store and try to sell the pizza
>Get mad when I tell you to stop selling MY pizza

>playing video games
they're already exploiting you

If I paid for it, it's mine. You may complain if you saw me shit on it and sell it to ruin your reputation.

Jews gonna jew. Already spreading chaos and discord

Keep me posted

Because shes 28...

You're starting to become a trend, first-post-Jewish-remark kike.
That said...
You're paying for the license to play. Not the content.

Attached: DUE_TO_AIDS.png (652x744, 420K)

Take a look at the new Doom stuff, I swear it's the exact same game as the first remake with a few added stale gimmicks, a fucking lightsabre and the same slow soundtrack.

Do you know how many video games people are desperate to make/maintain for free but corporations just sit on the licenses so no one can do anything with them? Copyright is destroying the arts.

Well amazon dood represented game as “new” which would imply he was a licensed resaler. False advertising. I don’t see a problem with a wholesale company looking after their brand name integrity. That jew who sells luminox watches is famous for killing the warranty on his shit tier watch if not purchased from licensed retailer. This is just like the goodwill goblins complaining about Barbour burning excess inventory.

>buy a pizza
>tell your friends they can have some but they have to pay for their share
>they hand you the money
>police break in
>"you have broken papa john's ToS this is an illegal transaction"

new is the condition indicator though
and it's correct
if he never played it or unwrapped it it's in new condition

polygon is a parody site ya dips

The final blow to the analog world.

forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2017/04/30/john-deeres-digital-transformation-runs-afoul-of-right-to-repair-movement/#71dbc4f85ab9

you know how you buy a 12 pack of water and they say "not for resale"?

that's illegal

Sure... “ like new condition ”, I bought it at GameStop but my dog got aids and I’m selling it to pay for transgender surgery... you goodwill communist have to play by the rules or get your own country

>muh private company

private companies are not able to put conditions in their contracts that are unlawful. such as not being able to sell the game on

what? shekels from bytes? Me must know

white race is the best race