Airline pilot here

Airline pilot here

AMA about flying out yesterdays events

Attached: Embraer-175.jpg (1056x789, 63K)

Self bumb

Attached: 1529509679083.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Would you agree or disagree with the statement that after 50 hours in an online flight simulator like Microsoft's one could take off and land an irl airliner?

My take is it would only take like 10 hours, especially with good weather conditions.

OP IS A MOSSAD FAGGOT TRYING TO MITIGATE YESTERDAYS FAILED FALSE FLAG

Attached: 1505013503484.jpg (288x288, 29K)

Let's see...a jet airliner? I did about 14 lessons of 2 hours each and 2 hours sitting seat support at the airlines. Then I could do it, but even then I was holding on for dear life until I got a few under my belt. Its entirely possible, but taxing the airplane would be a lot more difficult imo

Nah I'm really not.

See how this user instantly asks a question even though OP hasn't verified shit. See how specific this anons questions are even though nobody would ask something like this without getting verification from OP first.

THIS IS A CIA NIGGER MOSSAD THREAD

Attached: 1516243912774.png (370x547, 355K)

one question
how could a guy, a fucking baggage handler, board, lock out, pre start, taxi an take off in a dash 8 all on his own? surely the preflight checklist takes half an hour at least with teo in the cockpit

What kind of verification do you want? I'm the onr that started the thread yesterday about my airline sending out pic related

Attached: 20180811_003919.jpg (860x522, 186K)

are you white?

Tell me about Rich. Why does he wear the white?

Attached: Call-It-A-White.png (1728x1080, 3.63M)

That's honestly a good question. My thoughts are that he practiced at home on Microsoft flight sim x, which us pretty identical to the real thing. It was most likely an airplane sitting on a ramp somewhere, either by the maintenance hangar or parked off to the side. U dont need to do most of the check list if you're planning on just taking off and dying. Remember he had trouble with the cabin pressure? That's done on the preflight check. All u have to do is start the apu, and start the engines and move. People l, especially ground agents, going in and out of airplanes isnt really alarming, until one steals the airplane lol

Yep
Not su

Is it true flight attendants are big sluts? Have tou fuck one during a flight?

Yeah, taxiing through SEA-TAC requires comms with ground-control to make sure you don't bang into other shit operating in the area; not just airplanes, but baggage carts, loaders, fuel trucks, security, FOD rigs, the works. Some non-scheduled flight gets cleared? I'm interested in seeing what happened on the ground beforehand now, including audio of ground-control. Even leaving a maint hangar isn't some, "Yo dawg, gonna scoot on out and just take off on the active, I have bravo." thing.

What was the false-flag supposed to actually do?

Some are sluts yes but not as hig as the movies make them out to be. I fucked one, and almost had a 3some with 2 other fugly ones. My roommate fucked one and dated one once. I have some more stories but it's not as common as you think

I'm guessing the guy hyst went at his own leisure? Honestly its kind of a mystery to even us on our pilot boards

How's the pay and quality of life?

Cabin pressure brings up another good question: How was he getting light-headed when he wasn't going anywhere over 8000'? I've done unpressurized flight to 12,500' for an hour with no issue. (Daytime, of course - was always reminded to not break 5000' at night without O2- which made me laugh, because how do people in Denver survive?)

Ya he was most likely hysterical from doing what he did. I used to fly for hours with my students at 7000ft no problem. Even up to 10k in a jet and cessna mi problem. U probably weren't supposed to be at 12500 for an hour. I dont remember GA rules but I think its limited to 30 minutes at that altitude, no?

I'd rather ask you about your peepee Mr.Pilot
Maybe you could show us your seat? Or a nice view of that juicy cockpit.
I'm prepared for takeoff. Taking off your clothes that is.

Sage CIA niggers

how often do you get drug tested?

if a doctor prescribes you xanax or a strong pain killer do you lose your pilots license?

are pilots that live in legal marijuana states allowed to smoke marijuana?

Walmart fruit flies are tiny little drones and they're everywhere-AAAAHH

Hot...fag.

During my student days, and nobody squawked about it. Wouldn't do that now that I'm older and wis...uhhh, more risk-adverse. I don't know if the FARs cover it, but if they did I am unaware if it's suggestion or regulation.

Do you not think he had stick time as he did not fold the wings up while doing acrobatics?

I so far have only been drug tested 4 times in 9 years. Once for pilot training (3 year duration), one for my freight job (2 years) and twice at my airline job (almost 4 years)

I wont lose my license but I'll definitely get in some sort of trouble (if caught). No. Definitely no pot. My cinkany sent out an email when weed was being legalized and stated we still csnt do it.

Lel ya we all did stupid shit long ago. I once went scud running over a beach at 100ft. Stupid, illegal, and fun

I honestly dont know. I think he trained in mfsx

Just youtube mentour pilot if you wanna know that shit man.

Dash-8 is a stout airplane. Come to think of it, I don't remember them having an APU. The ones in the 90's always had an electrical cart to keep them powered during unloading, fueling, replensh, load, and start. I don't know if they can start without a cart. Probably can. If not, did he start it, get out and unplug power, then button up and go? Good talk, OP. Got me thinking more.

damn sad to hear about your suicide Thomas....what a waste.

Do you think you will ever pull the same stunt?

Haha...same here. Just adjusted the altimeter to my expected altitude. Worst part was my IP was the one who taught me that trick. Made sure to stay 500' away from boats though. Want to keep it legal!

Thoms the wrong guy, you need to suicide the real me for it to stop.

What are the chances of him not having at least a near miss on the ground as he was moving to take off? Seems really incredible to me unless that airport is a ghost town.

Might also be because of the maneuvers he was doing.
I would imagine he was pulling some Gs diving around like that.

Pretty good. I make about 102k right now, for much more advancement. QOL could be better but I wont argue with 17 days off a month worh flight benefits

KSEA is far from a ghost town.

They must have an apu or huffer cart start every time

Lmfao good instructor!

I just woke up from a 2-day coma and I would really like a quick rundown on what the whole plane thing is about since it's every thread on Jow Forums

you win this battle. there will be 10x more fly drones in your house.

T. Glow Nigger

Seattle is a huge airport. I honestly dont know my dude. Most of us just think he had Microsoft flight sim time and maybe small instruction in a small airplane. Its incredible what he did

Baggage handler and ramp rat stole a turboprop q400 from Seattle and took it off, did a barrel roll, shot the shit with air traffic controllers sounding calm, then crashed it.

did he died?

No, he was last seen running out of a forest fire on the island, butt naked.

>guy works at airport loading bags
>wants to an hero
>steals a plane
>trolls over the radio
>does a barrel roll
>crashes it into an island when hes done having fun

Maybe a bit of that combined with adrenaline. I've only seen limited footage all cut up so I don't know for sure, but I think he only did a couple maneuvers that would induce g-forces.
I couldn't see them being over three to four g at 10-15 seconds, which should be a dawdle for anyone without a heart condition. Interesting questions though.

The checklist is so you dont die. You can just take off without doing it. All the intricacies of airport behavior center around not dying. The flying part is easy, not dying is considerably more difficult, repeated flying multiplied thousands of times every hour by all kinds of people is even more difficult, thus checklists.

plz nooo-oo-ooo..

Ohhh, nice salary (and digits). Not talkin' to an FO, it would seem.

Pretty much this. Some stuff u still need to know, like turning on the batt master, turning on the apu to start the engines, and actually starting tbe engines. The rest is just for safety

Ya man its not bad. i started off at 50k tho. I can make up to like 350k right now if I'm at the airlines for a total of 12 years as captain, flying wide bodies.

Ya, I have 4 stripes and command FOs to do whatever I want then to do. It's quite fun

I don't know if the new ones have an APU, the Horizon/Alaska Dash-8 was being phased out for the Doorknob 328 when I left the biz. The new Q400 probably does. (I should just check on this fancy "internet" thing.)

I'm pretty sure it was a q400 he stole? Other than that, I dont knkw how he would have got those props turning

Top bants, brother from down under.

Ok so what about these flight rules or whatever for this weekend? Anything concerning or? I know this was your intention with the thread.

You mean the restricted areas over DC?

Finishing up IFR training now. Do you recommend working after getting my multi/commercial or going CFI/CFII first?

Yea. I mean I vaguely remember the post last night. Are they planning for a Supreme marshal law situation?

proof??????

Whatup my fellow spook cocaine pilots

How tall is that ladder and what is the weight rating?

Yeah, I heard Dash-8, then Q400. Just checked, looks like it has an APU. That answers my who helped him start it question. Answer: Nobody had to.

Ya I started that thread last night, if it's the same one you're talking about with the email the airline sent us.

Nah, I'm not working until Tuesday so I could care less and I'm judt waiting for the habbenings

Barry Seal did nothing wrong. (He also looked nothing like goddamned Tom Cruise.)

What are you trying to do? Airlines? I would go for your cfi/II. You're not going to find much work without that. I had a terrible time for months, so I bit the bullet and went to American flyers. 30 day program gets you your cfi/ii for like 4 or 5k. Great program, and fast

Awesome, thanks!

Ya nobody had to help. I could go out and do a whole flight on my own, so long as the airplane was already pushed from the gate

Np user. Good luck on your instrument checkride! Hardest one by far

Isn't posting on Jow Forums the fastest way to lose your wings other than saying you saw a UFO?
Also, will you be the next person to do some aerial acrobatics and crash onto an alledged pedo island?

Attached: 1534044961392.jpg (750x438, 38K)

Nice trips. Yes, the Dash has an APU. At least, the Q400 does. Believe me, I envied them back when I was flying the Jetstream 41. STL got hot as fuck in the summertime, and not being able to run the packs on the ground fucking sucked. Even our ATRs were hot as fuck because even though they had a prop brake, the company had them disconnected. I can't believe the feds let them do it, but they did.
I was kind of surprised a rampie could do that too, desu. Flight sim, maybe? Watching a mechanic taxi one around a few times? Weird.
As the other user said, it depends. Not as much as their reputation would suggest. And you wouldn't want to bang them as much as their reputation would suggest, either.
Better now than when I started. My first year with a regional (2001), my W2 showed $14,929.53 - I'll always remember that number.
He wasn't. he was just mentally unstable.
I never did, but I guess it was luck of the draw.
Planes generally don't get *that* close to each other on the ground all the time. Except at Newark. Fucking Newark...

Attached: d142de0d1606687bc4ef0d28dd1268a0.jpg (1024x454, 44K)

What are the three vernier controls in my Super Viking? What color are they and what do they do?

Yeah narcos made him look rediculous too

Nobody knows who I am on here so who cares. Never report a UFO tho lel

And no. I'm responsible and I never jeopardize the lives of anyone

I dont know, sorry.

What have you heard about UFOs?

I would think landing is the hardest part. Keeping track of airspeed, maintaining the proper glideslope, knowing when to change flap settings, working the throttle or anticipating what auto-throttle will do, proper flair technique.

If you were asked to fly an unmarked 747 loaded with chemicals and all you need to do is to release all that into the atmosphere, would you do it? Payments would be enough money and prostitutes.

Nothing really. Pilots tend not to talk about that stuff.

Don't forgot flaps though, otherwise you'll probably stall on takeoff.

Do you know something you're not telling us?

>Isn't posting on Jow Forums the fastest way to lose your wings other than saying you saw a UFO?
I could complain about a lot of things with my Flight Managers, but I can't believe they'd give a fuck about that.
Depends what you want to do. I knew a guy back when I was instructing who didn't plan to go to the airlines at all and just wanted to become a DE. It's not a bad living. If you plan the airlines though, go for the multi. That's what I did.

Only if the government asked me

Yes, but I'm not going to talk about it

Yep, Detroit in the 1980s

Aliens confirmed lads

I dunno. The Dash was designed for STOL, and I hear that thing is a fucking rocket ship when it's empty. Besides, SEA has long runways. I could see him being able to take off without them.

I'm a pilot and have seen many UFO's, but none while flying.

Can you take a timestamp photo of your uniform? I mean your epaulets or the jacket with the gold braid lines or whatever they're called with no other identifying information would be fine.

My question: Do you as a trained pilot believe the story?

Never report you say. That begs the question - have you seen one?

I mean it's just shit I've seen. Nothing confirmed

Okay, what are they spraying?

dont be a nigger
gib ufo stories

Attached: 1434192942694.gif (499x427, 231K)

>My question: Do you as a trained pilot believe the story?
Not OP, but also a pilot, and yeah, I do. It's weird, but... as opposed to what? A government conspiracy to do barrel rolls over Puget Sound? I could believe some hanky panky with MH370, but with this? I don't see it.