Julius Evola on Rap

>"In the early days of Bolshevism somebody formulated the ideal of a cacophonous, collectivist music that was meant to purify music itself of its sentimental bourgeois content. This is what America has realized on a large scale and spread all over the world through a very significant phenomenon: jazz."
>"In the ballrooms of American cities where hundreds of couples shake like epileptic and automatic puppets to the sounds of black music, what is awakened is truly a "mass state" and the life of a mechanized collective entity."
>"Very few phenomena are indicative of the general structure of the modern world in its last phase as this, since what characterizes it is the coexistence of a mechanical, inanimate element consisting in movement of a primitivist and subpersonal type that transports man into a climate of turbid sensations."

If only he knew how bad things were. What would Evola have to say regarding the hip-hop phenomenon if he still lived today?

Attached: jazz.png (351x350, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eFkmRp_G2uo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the horror... the horror...

He wouldn't be surprised. Evola knew it would get much, much worse before it got better.

Actually, I take that back. Understanding it in the abstract is different from actually observing it.

Post more evola kino

yo E, we ridin'?
-"you know it."

what exactly is he saying is wrong with jazz? i can't understand this translation

Old black music is really based

rap(poetry) disses were actually seen as duels around 200 years ago.. if i remember reading correctly once. blacks are appropriating OUR culture this time if so.

Evola was a childless, wifeless NEET who accomplished literally nothing but some meme writings coincidentally also worshipped by NEETs that larp as fascists.

>While I'm a chad who posts on 4chin

He was spot on. Sad only a few could understand. We are doomed, let it burn so we can start anew.

He's saying that jazz is a bunch of ooga booga jungle music based on rhythm instead of melody and focused on sex instead of intellectual or musical enjoyment. He's right, music in African societies evolved to get people ready to mate because Africans need to constantly crap out children or else they will go extinct (at least before modern medicine and technology) whereas in other parts of the world music evolved for other reasons.

By listening to and participating in rhythmic music you are descending to the state of an African.

>Evola was a childless, wifeless

So was Nietzsche

so he was one of us before there was an "us"

poo has a bit of a point. recently i tried listening to old music like that (black and white) and was surprised to find out that i could read between the lines. everything i thought was about hopeless love and going to the hop was really a metaphor for how dumb people are, and how a man has to look out for himself in a world full of stupid whores. based compared to what we hear from music today

Attached: jassmusicstops.jpg (600x800, 65K)

>By listening to and participating in rhythmic music you are descending to the state of an African.

This is the kind of NEET that Evola attracts kek. I bet this lardass shows up at public events in a top hat and dispenses trivia factoids in an effort to seem cultured

youtu.be/eFkmRp_G2uo
Nigger

Nice meme bud

I'd just like to add that ironically compared to rap, jazz is pretty intellectual. There's a reason why modern blacks think jazz is boring and faggy because in comparison to rap jazz is still pretty intellectual.

Look at any study of African music, it's always been rhythmic and focused on procreation

Most other cultures' music is quite different and even repels blacks. Classical music can literally be used to ward off black people from public spaces.

And I bet you're a subhuman darkie who's pissed the white man cucks him on a daily basis

Attached: 00EXss6.jpg (381x604, 24K)

Its more nuanced that that. Rather than impregnate the mind with a subjective experience/opportunity, Jazz teases the room into unison. An appeal to the sense over virtue.

I bet girls are just dripping when you talk about your favorite classical composers

Attached: 1335657528785.jpg (232x197, 23K)

pic related as it is the tl;dr version of this cringe post.

Attached: 1529885677387.png (720x569, 352K)

Moreover Evola is speaking about live music, he never knew about ur guys pods.

Someone get this man a brainlet meme

You fool

No it's not

Must be, considering I get way more than you, fag

i definitely touched a nerve with this pair of morbidly obese incels, i wonder how long you shit stains will cry after you masturbate to your waifu tonight?

Attached: 1521783272453.jpg (473x493, 148K)

Does this have anything to do with the #bl.m and antifa protests? I find they are always rhythmically driven. Maybe war is always like that. Idk.

t. brainlet

Literal all they did was correct you lol. You seem seem to be the one with the sensitive nerves, faggot.

>evola

modernist larping as a hyper traditionalist. Retard trash

nice jam. its so true. there are so many small moments of clarity despite the prevailing darkness in the world. have you been saved yet..?

Only in your cuckolding fantasies

yet another morbidly obese incel showing up to bitch and sperg out. these sensitive, easily triggered morons are extremely formulaic. seriously, just look at it and see how embarrassing a creature it is.

Attached: 1496596892586.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Attached: 7013d45e6bf52464c4e88d7e355c44a7b31b81cb23f3c42df5b1ad2e15a47402.jpg (373x327, 28K)

Are you a christ cuck?

Dammit... I play bass guitar. Am I part of the problem?

only if you play it WITHOUT distortion and whawha.

That which I tell you in the dark, speak ye in the light: and that which you hear in the ear, preach ye upon the housetops.

And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body.

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father.

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Fear not therefore: better are you than many sparrows.

Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father who is in heaven.

But he that shall deny me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven.

Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for me, shall find it.

He that receiveth you, receiveth me: and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.

He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet, shall receive the reward of a prophet: and he that receiveth a just man in the name of a just man, shall receive the reward of a just man.

And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

War music is also rhythmically used to prime people into a "fighting mood" so it makes sense protestors would have something similar to a drum line to keep them in moving in lockstep formation

Orchestras have always had basses though it's really just the "type" of music he objected to.

haha evola was basically autitstic before autism was a meme. what a virgin fag

>War music is also rhythmically used to prime people into a "fighting mood"
Thus Bass guitar with distortion and wahwah.

Attached: johnny.png (1434x1600, 1.01M)

Apparently Evola didn't know much about jazz.

Also he spent his time spouting unscientific crap so you can disregard pretty much everything he wrote.

>herp derp Kali Yuga!
- Julius Evola

bump, cool thread OP, never heard of this before

I can already tell by this post the kind of person you are. You're the kind of person that abandons all of his morals and personal values and bows down in worship should pussy present itself. In other words, you're the heads to the incels tails, still desperately chasing around the same thing at whatever cost. Kill yourself you absolute faggot.

>What would Evola have to say regarding the hip-hop phenomenon if he still lived today?
Modern pop isn't hip hop. hip hop is an art form of sorts. Modern pop is just algorithms and baked in zog.

Are you LARPing or do you actually think this way? They literally said "no it's not" and called you a fool. In what world is that "sperging out"? What you just espoused is far more akin to a spergout.

Attached: 1530606397537.jpg (329x399, 21K)

Your religion plunged our way of life into eternal darkness. Didn't read a single world of your jew-worshipping bullshit.

>unscientific crap
Audible laughter. You sound straight out of r/atheism.

Attached: 1524327948772.jpg (1024x1024, 52K)

based poo

>hip hop is an art form

All rap financiers and producers are jews

Of course, I'm just saying that it takes actual ability to be a Nas or KRS-one. I don't like rap or hip hop, but as a musician and composer I respect the ability of some of their performers. To be a modern pop star, just have a pussy. That's literally all you need.

reminder jazz was literally funded by the rothschilds
research Pannonica Koenigswarter de Rothschild and remember episodes used to promote racemixing such as the episode when Miles was flirting with a white woman and got his ass kicked by a bouncer, the jew media talks about it to this day

Blacks were singing about blowjobs and sex as far back as the 20s
>inb4 that was an exception
Among the ones singing this kind of song was the negress known as the Queen of the Blues

The virgin ebola couldnt understand the BASED and redpilled CHAD Jazzists, in those times you know those niggas were swimming in pussy

you don't have to play a classical instrument, whatever you play is merely that: an instrument, a tool. And bass doesn't have to be reduced to slap and the like, there's so much territory to explore in terms of melody, harmony, texture, dynamics, articulation etc., things that are ignored in rhythmic black music most of the time(and I emphasize the black adjective because rhythmic European folk, for example, cares about textures and the like while still being rhythmic, something african music does not)

Just like crack addicted soundcloud rappers are today, does that make them rolemodels? If you think it does then you're as good as a nigger.

Attached: 1531522101584.jpg (400x400, 99K)

>Does that make them rolemodels?

Yes, they get money and pussy, you dont. Maybe theres something your picture is missing?

And?
Inb4 degeneracy

>girl gets with a shitskin manlet instead of a cultured 6'7" BLOATMAXX adonis
sure

nigger confirmed

Le rythme de la musique nègre est sexuel.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x900, 80K)

if I wasn't clear enough, let me repeat it: if those are your priorities in life then you're a nigger.

yes, degeneracy. Just because you don't mind being engulfed in shit doesn't mean others don't either

>if I wasn't clear enough, let me repeat it: if those are your priorities in life then you're a nigger.

Oh tell me about your superior priorities in life you absolute gentleman, kek

he seems like a good guy, among those available in elections anyways. There's a video of him debating a jewess in the sidewalk which is quite entertaining

>I don't have values so I'll be smug, that'll show 'em!
shitskins can't pretend to be civilized for long, it seems. Even with a thriving economy, their spirit doesn't change, neither will it.

Attached: white brazilian .jpg (600x399, 28K)

boys, i'm sorry, but the same can be said of your beloved electronic music. talk about mechanized, automatized, epilepsy
>"The President stood up, made the sign of the T and, switching on the synthetic music, let loose the soft indefatigable beating of drums and a choir of instruments–near-wind and super-string–that plangently repeated and repeated the brief and unescapably haunting melody of the first Solidarity Hymn. Again, again–and it was not the ear that heard the pulsing rhythm, it was the midriff; the wail and clang of those recurring harmonies haunted, not the mind, but the yearning bowels of compassion."
>"The President made another sign of the T and sat down. The service had begun. The dedicated soma tablets were placed in the centre of the table. The loving cup of strawberry ice-cream soma was passed from hand to hand and, with the formula, "I drink to my annihilation," twelve times quaffed. Then to the accompaniment of the synthetic orchestra the First Solidarity Hymn was sung."
>"All drank. Tirelessly the music played. The drums beat. The crying and clashing of the harmonies were an obsession in the melted bowels."

sure, Huxley calls them "sexophones" and was likely talking about a dystopic form of jazz, but the whole thing is about "synthetic" music---music not derived from humans but from electronic vibrations

You are a fucking brazilian what do you know about civilization lmao you flamboyant incel

>"near wind" and "super string"
you guys realize that is literally what synthesizers are, right? super-synthetic imitations of once more natural, organic sounds?

y'all are being a bit too harsh on jazz alone. pretty much all modern music is mechanized, collectivist horse-shit.

good thread, though, OP. Gotta read more Evola, really like his style

Attached: spurdo sparde.jpg (236x201, 14K)

lol youre a meganigger

taken from Brave New World, case you guys couldn't tell

Good post , it is possible to make good music using modern instruments even hardcore classical music advocates like roger scruton acknowledge this . Good bass players are hard to find at least around here anyway and are in demand .

You literally proved his point. People don't listen to this music for intellectual or musical enjoyment, they listen to it for social aspect.

>does that make them rolemodels?
They literally are. The fact that they don't serve the role the Western world strives for doesn't matter.
Also, jazz is one of the most advanced forms of music and even though blacks were the pioneers, it has become a genre that only rich, cultured white people listen to.

christ, evola is so overrated

Yes, because music is a social activity you fool

No it isn't

The rest of us understand you, Brasilbro. He didn't come to this thread to defend hip-hop culture even if that's where his arguments end. Better to get the message across as best you can than to engage in arguments with those who's main problem is they don't know where to go next. Takashi69 is a confirmed pedophile, surprising no one here but them. They need to see that its only the tip of the iceberg

Attached: 1533674479778.jpg (800x616, 119K)

fuck off, filthy faggot

holy SHIT could you be a stupider nigger?
>MUH BEATZ AINT ABOUT CREATIVITY AND CRACKA SHEEIT LIKEZ DAT ITZ ABOUT GETTIN AT DAT WHITE BOOTY
lamp post yourself

Music make no sense without a social context, from the african tribe dancing around a campfire and to a modern 'scene' of some genre. People listening music alone is something recent thanks to technology, and even then people likes to go to live events and they gather around music in person or online.

Jazz is nigger noise

he barely says anything substantial he's the Jow Forumstard's jordan peterson

It can be a social experience, but it isnt necessarily one, and great art can be great art totally devoid of any context or knowledge of the artist.

>jazz is one of the most advanced forms of music
ask me how i know that you don't know jack shit of theory
>oh wow, he's playing lydian augmented, look at that nigger go!
meanwhile classical composers were doing all that and more decades, and in some cases over a hundred years before. Not to mention composers thought in three dimensions, given their use of counterpoint. Jazz is rhythmically a niggerfication of waltz, harmonically a niggerfication of the harmony employed by the likes of Debussy and an often vomit inducing endless noodiling on top of the same old blues licks simply slapped on top of said niggerfied harmony. You can take someone considered to be one of jazz's greatest, someone like Miles or Coltrane, and there are countless classical composers leagues above them. And keep in mind Miles got to attend Julliard for a while...
Bill Evans on the other hand was a great musician, too bad he wasted it by hanging with a bunch of junkies and degenerates.
>only rich, cultured white people listen to
You should go out in the real world sometimes and not base your life views on Hollywood. Even famous clubs like the Blue Note aren't limit to that kind of audience.

Oh, and most jazz standards composers were jewish.

what about the farmer who hums a tune to himself as he walks down the road, or a guitarist who plays to himself just for fun?

Hip hop is a cult for stupid people

may your sip of ghanges be free of corpses and shit, based fren

or you could actually read him instead of proving yourself a brainlet

Attached: Evola guide.jpg (993x3657, 1.22M)

An artist doesnt wake up brillant one day and pulls music from his ass, every piece of art haves an influence of past artists, historical contexts, etc. Who would create art for no one to contemplate it? Art itself is a social phemomena

but muh dick user, what's the value of any of that if there isn't a whore to rub with?

Jazz and blues are good music geners if your argument is Jewish producer you should go put and beat rocks to produce music secondly your technical argument only applies to you, music isn't a objective thing

*out

Caution retard.

Attached: 1532313757590.png (3000x2368, 2.07M)

Of course art is created in a context. You said music "makes no sense without a social comtext", which is retarded. It can be enjoyed by a listener with no direct connection to, or knowledge of, the context it emerged from.

>jewish
Music that has been distorted to the point it is meant to harm us.