Ok guys, story time

Ok guys, story time.
A while back I hacked/modded (whatever you want to call it) a famous game and sold it to a bunch of dumbasses for a quick buck and my dumbass got caught.
It was a pretty big deal a while back so I have to be careful with information seeing as an autist could probably figure out what game it was and who I am by the several articles written about it.
The company settled with me: I have to donate all the money I made to a charity of their choice and I'm never allowed to use their products again. In exchange they didn't sue me.
Fine by me I thought.

Today they contacted me with information regarding the charity.
>pic related

These fucking jews are literally forcing me to donate my hard-earned money to aid a bunch of "refugee" sandniggers and sexual degenerates.

I'm starting to think they found my social media and saw my rightwing tweets.

Attached: dono.png (1107x663, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

totalgiving.co.uk/charity/jewish-autism-trust
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_v._Acuff-Rose_Music,_Inc.
whittierdailynews.com/2017/10/29/this-whittier-man-built-a-video-game-currency-empire-and-became-a-millionaire-then-an-fbi-raid-brought-it-down/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

to be fair the ACLU is kinda apolitical, they protect cryptoanarchist leakers and faggot leftists equally, their motto is basically "if it's being infringed we're suing"

I’m willing to bet 10000 dollars that you’re the autist who hacked overwatch

>hard-earned money
stolen money*
It's hard earned if you make your own game and sell it. Selling a modified binary is not hard work.
Looks like the libtards troled u awesome style, baka.

Good guess but no, not me. I made a good amount of money but not THAT much.

>modified binary
Not exactly, I reverse engineered the entire game and built an external plugin all by myself from scratch. It's entirely my work.
I didn't even call in-game functions or assets, I did everything by manually modifying memory.
But yeah they got me.

>I reverse engineered the entire game
Doubt it. You used a decompiler and scrolled around a bunch.
>and built an external plugin all by myself from scratch.
Hooks are juvenile baby shit.
>I did everything by manually modifying memory.
Lol, you did memory editing instead of using function calls? You're literally equivalent to a cheat engine baby.

Ask yourself this: would your software be at all useful if their software didn't exist? No, it wouldn't. You're riding off their hard work.

>Doubt it. You used a decompiler and scrolled around a bunch.
Tools used are IDA and x64dbg, wrote it in cpp.
>Hooks are juvenile baby shit.
Using a hook was my only option.
>Lol, you did memory editing instead of using function calls?
If I explained what I did you'd be able to figure out what game it was due to its unique engine.

You can believe whatever you want, I don't have to prove anything to you.

>would your software be at all useful if their software didn't exist?
No it wouldn't, but several techniques I used were useful for other applications.
Also, that doesn't even make sense. It's a plugin. People also sell plugins for Adobe products and producing software, which would also be useless without the software it's made for.

>Tools used are IDA and x64dbg, wrote it in cpp.
Called it.
>Using a hook was my only option.
That's a juvenile thought from a juvenile '1337 hax0r'.
>If I explained what I did you'd be able to figure out what game it was due to its unique engine.
Oooh, you're a super elite hacker who only hacks the most unique and elaborate engines.

>Also, that doesn't even make sense. It's a plugin. People also sell plugins for Adobe products and producing software, which would also be useless without the software it's made for.
Adobe gives them permission to make plugins because it benefits adobe for them to share their work with other people and allow them to get paid. It does not benefit this game company for some shitty highschooler to make a profit off their work by giving it to other shitheads who want to cheat instead of just playing the actual game.

Typical mendacious Jow Forumstard.

>my hard-earned money
You didn't earn it, you stole someone else's work

Would their software be at all useful without the appropriate supported os(s)? No, so I guess the game is just riding off the success of Microsoft/apple. What a bunch of dirty freeloading cunts.

>without the appropriate supported os(s)?
You don't need most of a userspace to run a game, actually.
The OS manufacturer allows software to be made for them though. It benefits the OS's users to have software on them.
If an OS doesn't want your software on it, it doesn't have to have your software on it.

>why doesnt Microsoft just like you know not let the hackers write the malicious programs
>bad billy gates allows people to use his platform
You stupid fucks defending IP as a concept are holding back humanity.

>Called it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with those tools. I learned to use these tools in uni. It's literally a debugger and a disassembler. Stop trying to sound smart and elitist because you are making a fool of yourself.
>That's a juvenile thought from a juvenile '1337 hax0r'.
You genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. I admit that I'm probably not experienced enough to figure out a better way since I was only in my second year of uni. But every other solution I tried that worked elsewhere didn't here.
>Oooh, you're a super elite hacker who only hacks the most unique and elaborate engines.
You are a literal mongoloid. This game had an unique engine. There is no bragging aspect to that statement. That's just how it is. Again, stop trying to act smart and elitist.
>Adobe gives them permission to make plugins because it benefits adobe...
That's beside the point, stop moving the goalposts. The point was that if their software didn't exist it would be useless. Which I provided a counterexample to. You then shifted to the moral aspect: permission, because you have no counterargument.
> It does not benefit this game company for some shitty highschooler to make a profit off their work by giving it to other shitheads who want to cheat instead of just playing the actual game.
Not a highschooler, but nice ad hominem.
The other stuff is just talking about morals, which I indeed lack when it comes to video games. I don't give a fuck that some gamer lost to a cheater in a meaningless online game.
Also the profit part is debatable.

Protip: If you write a malicious program, it's your fault when you get thrown in jail for using it.

Without IP law, software companies would not be able to exist in the modern age, and society would be greatly held back. IP law is a mandatory part of capitalism. Get over it.

You clearly don't know jack shit about software development or laws in general, kiddo. Wait till you graduate highschool before you speak about this again.

> stop moving the goalposts. The point was that if their software didn't exist it would be useless.
> You then shifted to the moral aspect: permission, because you have no counterargument.

I fully accept the consequences of what I did, that's why I'm paying my fine and settling.
That doesn't change the fact that I earned that money with something I MADE. The fact that I didn't get permission is irrelevant.

>reddit spacing
no wonder you're such a gatekeeping elitist know-t-all prick.

Attached: 1487431312212.jpg (717x880, 200K)

>There is absolutely nothing wrong with those tools. I learned to use these tools in uni. It's literally a debugger and a disassembler. Stop trying to sound smart and elitist because you are making a fool of yourself.
You're allowed to use whatever software you want, buddy. It's your hardware. Just don't get mad when you get made fun of for using the Mac of disassembler/decompilers.
>You genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. I admit that I'm probably not experienced enough to figure out a better way since I was only in my second year of uni. But every other solution I tried that worked elsewhere didn't here.
Kek, yep. I have no idea. That's why I get paid to do it without resorting to illegitimacy.
>You are a literal mongoloid. This game had an unique engine. There is no bragging aspect to that statement. That's just how it is. Again, stop trying to act smart and elitist.
You said you couldn't give details because the engine was unique. You got made fun of because you're a silly stupidhead who knows nothing about engine development.
>That's beside the point, stop moving the goalposts. The point was that if their software didn't exist it would be useless. Which I provided a counterexample to. You then shifted to the moral aspect: permission, because you have no counterargument.
KEK. That's not beside the point. That's a vital aspect of this conversation. Consent is a major factor in all moral equations. It's the difference between murder and euthanization.
>Not a highschooler, but nice ad hominem.
Insults != Ad Hominem.

>Also the profit part is debatable.
Then debate it, dumbass.

Kek, that's markdown spacing, you newfag.

>I'll just make vague claims with zero supporting evidence, surely these personal attacks will when me the argument!
More qualified than you, achmed

If you want your insults to cause an emotional reaction in your opponent, try to attack something on a trait that they might possibly be the case. The chances of me being a muslim on Jow Forums that works in an advanced CS field are very slim.

Nice non-argument though.

Or I'll let you expose your budget iq by not recognizing the satire. I'm not insulting you with words, I'm mocking your actions.

"I was only pretending to be retarded! It was all elaborate 4D chess! I've exposed you as low-IQ!"
Like I said. Try to keep your insults within the realm of possibility. I shouldn't need a willing suspension of disbelief to feel insulted by you.

They used to be.

>ou're allowed to use whatever software you want, buddy. It's your hardware. Just don't get mad when you get made fun of for using the Mac of disassembler/decompilers.
Evidently, I was perfectly able to accomplish my goals with said tools, so I don't care what others think. It's just retarded gatekeeping.
>Kek, yep. I have no idea. That's why I get paid to do it without resorting to illegitimacy.
"kek", yikes. Kekistani amirite xD?
And yes, you have no idea. Just because you are a software engineer or whatever doesn't mean you know the ins and outs of every engine on the market, especially not if that engine is privately used by that company. Stop trying to sound smart.
>You said you couldn't give details because the engine was unique.
Yes, so? My original post said I didn't want to be identified and giving details about the engine would make certain people able to figure out what game it was and by extension who I am. That's it. It wasn't some bragging attempt for "hacking le epic hard engine".
>KEK. That's not beside the point. That's a vital aspect of this conversation. Consent is a major factor in all moral equations. It's the difference between murder and euthanization.
praise kek!!!!
And no it isn't, the point we were arguing was if the software would be useful. Not if it was legal or anything of that sort. We weren't talking about morals, we we're talking about pure functionality.
>Insults != Ad Hominem.
It is if you are trying to disprove my point by making some unsourced claim about my education. You aren't disproving my point, you're attacking the person making the point. Which is by definition an ad hominem.
>Then debate it, dumbass.
I'll post a seperate reply because this is too long.

>Kek, that's markdown spacing, you newfag.
"kek" x3 - yikes my man.
People who use markdown spacing on Jow Forums are generally redditors who are used to double enter.
"newfag" - man you really are going all out aren't you

p2
>then debate it
I'd argue that my specific cheat resulted in non-cheaters being rewarded with stuff that normally requires a bunch of grinding. Which could potentially re-interest them in the game and result in them buying microtransactions. Or those same people could pull in friends who disliked the grinding aspect of the game and thought this was an alternative, resulting in sales. Again, it's debatable, not a sure fact.

just tell me what game. i dont give a fuck who did it/who you are.also, did people know it was a hacked game? are steam keys possibly hacks? because i sometimes buy games on ebay and get their codes. well done for actually doing something with your skills. despite this turning out to be a less then ideal situation NOW for you, im sure employers in your field would find your efforts a good snapshot of you being competent at what ever job people like you do. for all the faggots crying in the thread, fuck them. £60 a game is a little out of control. you probably helped some peasants out, and made their lives temporarily less shit. i used to always use cracked music software to make music when i was poor and my life was shit. now i can afford to buy the shit, i do. everything i have is legit. but back when i had nothing it was nice to have the stuff to practice. good work user

>And yes, you have no idea. Just because you are a software engineer or whatever doesn't mean you know the ins and outs of every engine on the market, especially not if that engine is privately used by that company. Stop trying to sound smart.
I know the ins and outs of engine development as a whole. I'd be incredibly surprised if you uncovered something about this engine that is very proprietary and not used in other engines.
>Yes, so? My original post said I didn't want to be identified and giving details about the engine would make certain people able to figure out what game it was and by extension who I am. That's it. It wasn't some bragging attempt for "hacking le epic hard engine".
I doubt there is any unique feature of the engine that would give away which game it was. You're just a brainlet.
>kekistani amirite xD? praise kek!!!!
I don't use Jow Forumstard memes. I use s4s's original kek. The highest kek.
>And no it isn't, the point we were arguing was if the software would be useful. Not if it was legal or anything of that sort. We weren't talking about morals, we we're talking about pure functionality.
I was arguing that your software would be rendered useless without their software, giving them a say in your software's existence. If I have a plot of land, I get to pick if you can build a house there or not. Do you at least understand my reasoning? If not I can simplify it.
You might not have been talking about morality, but I definitely was, and I definitely took it that you were when you mentioned that you "earned" the money. Immoral acquisition is not earning.

I didn't even know what leddit was until this awful imageboard started bitching about it all the time back circa 2010, so you can calm yourself.

it was pubg

"I'm not insulting you"
>le y don't I feel insulted bruh try again xxxD
English is hard, but America is a melting pot. It would be insensitive for me to not try and bridge this communication gap with a word you're familiar with: kek

ID:t30Zx4P3 did it better. Just sit back and watch.

it was pubg. wasnt it.

>settled
Did you talk to a lawyer? Specifically an IP and copyright lawyer? Because fair use is a thing.

>Hacking software with no-derivs proprietary licenses is subject to fair use.
Don't ever post again. You're simply too stupid to post.

>defending the copyright jew
Absolutely disgusting.
>i made it first, so i will ban everyone else from making it
>your rights end where my monopoly begins
This is why China is winning.

>ID:t30Zx4P3
Where are you really from?

Attached: tenor.gif (350x232, 461K)

Yeap. They definitely saw your tweets

At least it's not the SPLC.
lolno. They used to be able to claim that. Now they're nakedly partisan.

>I doubt there is any unique feature of the engine that would give away which game it was.
Not the game specific, but definately the company producing the game since they use a similar engine in all their products. With that information you'd be able to track down articles and by extension, me.
>You're just a brainlet.
Ehh I just graduated from uni (compsci) and going back for my doctorate, so that's debatable.
> If I have a plot of land, I get to pick if you can build a house there or not. Do you at least understand my reasoning?
I agree with you completely on this point. The only thing I disagree with you on is the fact that just because my software is useless without X it is somehow not my work.

I made stuff for pubg, but never sold anything, only open source stuff.

I did talk with a lawyer and he did in fact argue fair use since I didn't use any of their assets or code. If I never advertised it as "[game] PLUGIN" I probably would have gotten away with it since they wouldn't have any proof I was making it for their game. I was a dumbass.

Donate it to them in pennies.

Attached: 1528906815692.gif (234x240, 24K)

this

>>i made it first, so i will ban everyone else from making it
Software clones are completely legal. I don't have an issue with that. You seem to have no idea what the current conversation is even about.
I have an issue with taking someone else's work, someone else's painting, smearing shit on it, and selling it for a profit.
Sweden. :(((
Graduating with a degree in compsci isn't really proof you're not a brainlet. The fact that you're going back for a doctorate is pretty good proof that you are though. ;^)
The software is definitely, at least to a large extent, your work. That doesn't necessarily mean you earned anything though. If I stole from you, it'd require me to put in effort. That theft would be my work. I still wouldn't have earned what I got from your house, would I?

Jews gonna Jew. But that was the settlement you made user, You did steal.
Next thread pls.

>The fact that you're going back for a doctorate is pretty good proof that you are though. ;^)
Touché, nice one.
>The software is definitely, at leas...
I agree with you man. I just disagree on your definition on "stealing". I just don't think I stole anything since the money I earned wasn't theirs or meant for them.
But let's agree to disagree, I genuinely enjoyed discussing this with you.

Attached: l8iCA4b.png (619x536, 604K)

Sweden is le reddit of Earth, not surprising in the least.

i will genuinely enjoy discussing what game this was. TELL ME

>my hard-earned money

I fully accept my punishment. But they initially made it out that I could choose which charity to donate to and I wanted to donate to totalgiving.co.uk/charity/jewish-autism-trust so this rain on my parade.

it's probably the unreal engine or pearl abyss engine

I'm under an NDA and am genuinely afraid they'd figure me out.
From my previous posts you can figure out that it wasn't some generic engine like unreal or unity or something

i mean lawsuits over cheating are limited kinda
it has to be RuneScape,MapleStory,Pubg or Fornite they are the only one who sued hacker with Blizzard but i highly doubt you made bot for WoW

Girl fight!!!

>he doesn’t know about the four factor test used to determine fair use

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_v._Acuff-Rose_Music,_Inc.

Stick to software faggot.

>ACLU is kinda apolitical
They're literally a tax free political arm of the modern day bolsheviks

Attached: 1524334236056.png (512x512, 275K)

>I have an issue with taking someone else's work, someone else's painting, smearing shit on it, and selling it for a profit.
Cool. I don't.

>very unique engine
>many articles
>NDA
This dude was a gold farmer.

>Ad Hominem
the higherschooler comment could also be seen as a call to authority by shaming their young age, when op claims to have learned the tools in college.

either way, it was stupid.

it honestly start to sound like it

Wow we got a cyber badass here. All bow before his technological critiques.

also
>requires hours of grinding
Runescape.

Why don't you donate the money to a gun store and do something about it then retard

If not, then just pay the fine
I highly doubt you made anywhere near enough money selling a shitty fortnite aimbot to save more than a few refugees

Besides, sometimes (rarely) the aclu actually helps people like us

hi highly doubt OP will answer again now

Yeah agreed. Modding and forking projects are an integral part of software development and has benefited us immensely. Its like saying the people who created dota smeared shit on warcraft 3 and then valve cloned it and sold it for profit. Oh the humanity!

www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115418-Runescape-Bot-Maker-Loses-Big-In-Lawsuit

It does fit the bill.

They should be apolitical, but they have not for some time. Subversive hebes.

Their fourth point will be the end of civil liberties. If you value civil liberties do not donate to ACLU.

yes it does so is he Mark or Eric Snellman ?

Did you hack FIFA?

I had a friend who hacked EA's FIFA coins and made mils doing it.

Got caught and sued my EA.

Found dead about a year into the court case.

He was trying to fight the court case. I don't know why he'd kill himself. Maybe he was suicided...

In honor of him, I am trying to learn hacking so I can make money like he did off a dumb video game.

RIP Anthony

whittierdailynews.com/2017/10/29/this-whittier-man-built-a-video-game-currency-empire-and-became-a-millionaire-then-an-fbi-raid-brought-it-down/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 11.19.46 AM.png (1332x1066, 1.47M)

>ACLU
>Apolitical
You’re joking, right?

Elon Musk gives money to ACLU.

Is Elon Musk a retard?

heads up, it could have been the adl/splc

>ACLU
>Apolitical
>go on their site and this is the first thing you see

forgot pic

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 2.38.00 PM.png (1148x661, 673K)