Why is this still a privately owned image?

why is this still a privately owned image?

Attached: download (5).jpg (1280x720, 289K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/04/copywritten-so-dont-copy-me/557420/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney company lobbying.

disney has nukes, you fools

its too late

how would YOU feel if your great great grandfather drew an image and someone else was making money off of it and you weren't getting any of that money?

i'd be proud if it was something made a century ago

What a large nose you have for a goy

Attached: 6CE12991-3CC8-4A48-A5E3-93CBDEC69297.jpg (402x364, 29K)

imagine making a meme and getting mad when people use it? thats some reddit tier faggotry

imagine writing valuable lines of code for the sole purpose of profiting off of it, and everyone else is allowed to use it for free without paying you.

My great grandfather created a tool used for structural engineering. Instead of creating personal wealth, he improved the living conditions of everyone.

Maybe not all our ancestors were cunts?

copyright jewry
>In 1976, the law was radically changed to harmonize with the Berne Convention, an international agreement originally signed in 1886. This switched expiration to an author’s life plus 50 years. In 1998, an act named for Sonny Bono, recently deceased and a defender of Hollywood’s expansive rights, bumped that to 70 years.

>The Sonny Bono Act was widely seen as a way to keep Disney’s Steamboat Willie from slipping into the public domain, which would allow that first appearance of Mickey Mouse in 1928 from being freely copied and distributed. By tweaking the law, Mickey got another 20-year reprieve.

>why is this still a privately owned image?
why shouldn't it be, commie?

Do you think you deserve to own it instead?

>1 post by this ID
Imagine that.

This is the jew mentality in a nutshell.

Does your name end in stein or did you americanize it?

using an image is essentially free advertisement

I actually didn't even realize that this year is the expiry.
>actually in before 1 post by this ID

nice try retard but my last name ends with "witz", which means I am very witty.

Check again, they got him for "75 years". And when my children are old, they'll extended another 75 years. Shit, we wish it was only 20.

bearrrr jew

>>actually in before 1 post by this ID
Too late, commie

sauce
>theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/04/copywritten-so-dont-copy-me/557420/

>Write WhoTheFuckCares.BASIC in 1962
>publish it for 20$
>56 years later
>someone posts it on a uzbeki llama hair tambourine maker's association's forum
>demand 1 trillion shekels in reparations

>witz
I'm guessing it's more of a Rabinowitz than a Clausewitz

>(Mickey himself doesn’t lose protection as such, but his graphical appearance, his dialog, and any specific behavior in Steamboat Willie—his character traits—become likewise freely available. This was decided in a case involving Sherlock Holmes in 2014.)

fucking Americunts, even wiki has to acknowledge anti-Communist Republicanism.

United States patent law is codified in Title 35 of the United States Code, and authorized by the U.S. Constitution, in Article One, section 8, clause 8, which states:

The Congress shall have power ... To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

>FOR LIMITIED TIMES

Attached: 1373564921487.jpg (285x281, 53K)

>It’s possible this could all change again as corporate copyright holders start to get itchy about expirations.
>However, the United States is now in harmony with most of the rest of the world, and no legislative action is underway this year to make any waves that would affect the 2019 rollover.'

We'll see. I sincerely doubt they'll miss the chance to keep making easy money, user, but I guess the right thing could happen.

btfo

>FOR LIMITIED TIMES
Yep, that's the kicker. The legal eagles will just argue that since it's not specifying from creation to the end of eternity (if that's even a thing), it's doesn't quality as being unlimited, so they keep tacking on the years. Judges in these cases are worthless.

how long do Jews get to dance on Disney's grave?

Attached: 1372885539100.jpg (221x494, 13K)

The conversation about our ridiculous patent laws has fallen out of favor to make way for race baiting and trannys, the political equivilant of reality TV. Grats everybody.

I'm just trying to pass on to people that the root of the media problem is that there is no such thing as an end to intellectual property as long as Jews hold the line on Mickey Mouse.

It's an actual thing that is distorting the market of ideas. Everyone thinks that their ideas are sacrosanct, and those ideas are just bought up by Jews thinking that there is no end to idea ownership

Thanks for the link, btw, it's an interesting read.

I get you. It would be great if this user: is right, but the goalposts are always moving with these types.

You know probably the bigger issue you should be concerned with is industrial patents.

They last far less (14 years), but there's two main issues esp for US patents:

1) The period of 14 years is fuckhuge. It's supposed to give companies protection so they can gain from their invention - but the period is so large that not only do they profit it, but they can use it to effectively monopolize the market (which with some clever tricks involving how you define "the market" won't get struck down by antitrust laws; just look at Microsoft and their stranglehold on end user PC operating systems. They get lumped in with servers and other things which makes them seem as though they have a decent market share, when in fact they have a monopoly on a segment)

2) That period is more of a lower bound. A clever company is going to patent the first thing that "works", spend 14 years with it, then down the line while monopolizing the market, plop down a bunch of improvements into a second patent, effectively doubling the amount of time spent under patent. As an example of this you can look at the powder 3D printing industry - first a patent was popped for powder 3D printing somewhere around 1985. Then in the mid 90s another patent with a different laser type was put in. Then right round 2005, among other years, a patent on metal laser 3D printing was put down. That basically means that for about 33 years a single company has owned the parts of the market that matter and has extracted obscene profits. Even non-metal 3D printing really only expired out of patent a couple of years ago thanks to patentfaggotry.

And does this help garner growth? No. This is a failure of capitalism. Competition is being strangled, not encouraged. 30 years later metal 3D printers cost upwards of 100k - even though something more basic could easily cost far less - because the incentive is to milk it till the last drop before letting the flood in.

I wonder (((why)))

Attached: 1528298912904.jpg (734x816, 43K)

*and prediction, everyone will get fucked over again because Disney IS NOT going to let you distribute property-ever. It's Disney, people. Come on.

I'm not saying it's jews, but it's jews

Attached: 1520817200924.gif (124x128, 3K)

>Then, in 1998, the Sonny Bono Act also fixed a period of 95 years for anything placed under copyright from 1923 to 1977,

lol Can people even read anymore? Steamboat Willie is not even CLOSE to being in the public domain. How can anyone not get that from the text? Is the Atlantic shitty now?

yvw

yes, to clarify for everyone - steamboat willie's copyright is due to expire in 2023 unless congress passes another copyright extension bill

>steamboat willie's copyright is due to expire in 2043

Got it.

Attached: steamboat_pepe.webm (720x540, 893K)

cherked and based

The bigger question is why ARENT elsa and frozen still privately owned?

I think you mean, "Unless a bunch of drooling Jews fling enough bribes at congress again, to buy them off because they deem it worth the bribes"

Which is EXACTLY, the Opposite of the intentions of having limited copyright/patent protections. The public is Supposed to eventually have access to things that still have value, after an allotted time. That's how we advance as a society, and not just a couple money-grubbing Jews with a sue-you stick that lets them hold a perpetual monopoly on things the creator themselves might not even be benefiting from anymore.

In short, OP has a point in what he's implying. The real reasoning for this is politically and morally corrupt.

100% this. i couldn't agree with you more

Superman should be in the public domain too, but big companies seem to be able to get what they want for some reason.

EVERYTHING is being monitized. It's a very jewish phenomenon. If you look at all the old cartoons from the 70's, a huge percentage are 'owned' by Steven Speilberg/Dreamworks... they are buying up the whole culture. Even Felix the Cat is somehow 'owned' by dreamworks... and that shit is ancient.

People are even selling the Jews dead relative's marketing rights. Some Jew will own Elvis... or even Elvis between the years 1970-73... just so much legal maneuvering. It really is fucked up. NOTHING is going to be in the public domain. Everything owned by some company.

>grandad invented a tool
rice steamers dont count Pierre Chang

Trademark was never even intended to protect corporations... it was intended to protect the consumer from counterfeit goods.

With each passing day I wonder why I shouldn't pirate and distribute key films. And not Disney's, but the concept that the people who helped make others rich can't even make back a pittance is very telling.

Can you be happy with spiderman and Elsa being public domain?

Attached: dfoh44092j.png (704x1620, 789K)

Those are liable to receive a sternly worded legal notice from Shecklberg & Goldstein any minute.

My memes get reposted all the time. It's a work of passion, no money can bring me such satisfaction l

>posting the edits

Attached: 1508292631682.gif (300x300, 354K)

my memes get posted all the time too................ by myself