Just a reminder that English identity has been suppressed for decades...

Just a reminder that English identity has been suppressed for decades, with the only people holding a torch for it in recent years being Tommy Robinson supporters and the Centre for English Identity and Politics in Winchester.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zun7oTXMNPg

What does Jow Forums think of Englishness?

Attached: St_George_Flag.jpg (400x381, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/place/England/Cultural-life
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George's_Cross
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3616265/Do-know-spelk-spool-spile-Words-disappear-English-language-dialects-southern.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/25/shrewsbury-folk-festival-bans-blackface-morris-dancers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_folklore
youtu.be/nY6SvuQTfd4
winchester.ac.uk/news-and-events/press-centre/media-articles/a-nation-divided-thoughts-on-english-identity-and-politics.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can the English talk about their identity being suppressed when they suppressed the identity of the Welsh, Irish and Highlanders for hundreds of years?

How can anyone in good faith claim that vague "historical injustices" justify the ethnocide of peoples?

I purchased this a few months ago but haven't gotten around to reading it.

Attached: The_Abolition_Of_Britain_Cover_UK_ed.jpg (181x302, 16K)

How is it ethnocide? A culture should be strong enough to survive following immigration, otherwise it was rather weak to begin with.

>How can the English talk about their identity being suppressed when they suppressed the identity of the Welsh, Irish and Highlanders for hundreds of years?

Because this isn't 1914. Since the turn of the century when every other part of the UK got its own separate devolved administration that, under the Salisbury Convention, Westminster (or the English if you will) cannot interfere with, England has been left the one that has been ignored. Hell, England has been dominated by the Scottish Mafia for quite a few years. England outside London has become the downtrodden colonial state fucked by the Highlanders, Welsh and Northern Irish that they subsidise.

People that argue that modern political problems can be ignored because of ancient history are no different from leftists that argue that we should all being reparations to blacks despite the Royal Navy spending half a century hunting down American slavers. Attempts to suppress the identities of the other parts of the British Isles only made those identities stronger, because 'fuck England'. It is neglect that has destroyed English identity.

>I purchased this a few months ago but haven't gotten around to reading it.

I think it's getting reissued as a new edition next month. Weird coincidence.

Attached: english.jpg (640x436, 117K)

I preferred England back then, but it's still good and undoubtedly the best Country in the UK.
I feel bad for you that your identity is literally screamed at by radicals leftists as racist and I hope for the best of your country sooner or later.

It's truly sad that that Wales and Scotland can celebrate their national holiday with no complications,
>BUT PATRIOTISM IN ENGLAND IS A NO NO

>England has been dominated by the Scottish Mafia
Hilarious

I want you and others in this thread to go through what English culture is. Don't include vague references to Western culture in general.

God and my right

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_England.svg.png (1280x768, 1K)

Why don't you articulate what the culture is for an ethnic group of your preference?

Why can't someone tell me what this great English culture is being lost. I don't see any of it being subverted

Attached: Screenshot_20180819-191640~2.jpg (1080x1196, 139K)

St. George was Cappadocian-Palestinian; enjoy your flag ;-)

You guys really can't give me any examples of English culture. Even if you do, why can't immigrants be part of those cultural traits? I know you guys hate the Jews but they manged to keep a cohesive culture while having a massive diaspora. What makes you think all these Western Nations can do it when they become a minority?

Language, customs, dress, habits of speech, shared myths, the things that characterize any culture. Clearly your intent is to spit upon any hastily tabulated list with HAHAHA IS THAT IT dismissiveness, which is why I challenged you to come up with such a list for any other ("more legitimate") ethnic group, because you wouldn't do any "better".

Thanks BBC et al

Attached: 2lzo.jpg (960x846, 114K)

Butthurt Scot.

Attached: A28W0XY.jpg (900x1167, 176K)

You just have to develop a thicker skin or move away from the city.
I travel about a lot as part of my job and outside of the lefty stinkholes Englishness is alive and well.

>why can't immigrants be part of those cultural traits?
they can they choose not to

I have English ancestry but I'm Catholic so I'm deeply conflicted on the topic of England.

I hate France though.

>Language
How is that being lost, if anything it's become universal
>Dress
Normal western clothing. No one wear traditional clothes
>Myths
Why did Toliken write The Hobbit? Because unlike the other Celtic nations England has no myths!

Try again

Here is your (You)

"In its literature, England arguably has attained its most influential cultural expression. For more than a millennium, each stage in the development of the English language has produced its masterworks.

Little is known of English literature before the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons, though echoes of England’s Celtic past resound in Arthurian legend. Anglo-Saxon literature, written in the Old English language, is remarkably diverse. Its surviving corpus includes hymns, lyric poems such as “The Wanderer” and “The Seafarer,” riddles and spells, songs, and the epic poem Beowulf, which dates from the 9th or 10th century. Following the Norman Conquest of 1066, French influence shaped the vocabulary as well as the literary preoccupations of Middle English. Geoffrey Chaucer epitomized both the courtly philosophical concerns and the earthy vernacular of this period in his Troilus and Criseyde and The Canterbury Tales, respectively, while William Langland’s Piers Plowman was an early expression of the religious and political dissent that would later characterize English literature. The Elizabethan era of the late 16th century fostered the flowering of the European Renaissance in England and the golden age of English literature. The plays of William Shakespeare, while on their surface representing the culmination of Elizabethan English, achieve a depth of characterization and richness of invention that have fixed them in the dramatic repertoire of virtually every language. "

britannica.com/place/England/Cultural-life

It's time for the UK to be dismantled. Enough with the oppression and tyranny against English people. Also, the ancient nations of Scots and Welsh people need to have states of their own. Germany is behind you, my Germanic brothers!

What's wrong with what I said bigboi
Tolkien's aim was to create a mythology unique for England which it never had

And I'm glad user.
I need to avoid using media representation as actual representation.

Attached: nQTMq7d.png (396x385, 109K)

>What is King Arthur and the Matter of Britain

Okay friendo.

Tolkien just loved mythology he didn't need to create a mythology for Britain.

You are an utter moron.
>Language
The English verancular, especally of the country, is being subverted for a globalised american version of english
>Dress
Those attempting to preserve tradition in England are openly mocked and supressed such as the moris dancers.
>Myths
Are you retarded? England is rich in mythology and folklore.
Hell it has more than Scotland and Wales combined.

Get fucked Paki scum.

"Tolkien set out to create a mythology for England and the English but the popularity of his books and the recent films has spread across the English-speaking world and beyond.You will find here an outline of Tolkien's life and work. The main part of the book consists of an alphabetical subject entry which will help you gain a greater understanding of Tolkien's Middle-Earth, the creatures that inhabit it, and the languages they spoke. It will also give an insight into a culture and way-of-life that extolled values which are as valid today as they were over 1,000 years ago.This book focuses on The Lord of the Rings and shows how Tolkien's knowledge of Anglo-Saxon and Norse literature and history helped shape its plot and characters."

You're halfway there lad.
Hating the French is a good start.

>The English verancular, especally of the country, is being subverted for a globalised american version of english
There are tons of accents in the UK what are you on about lol

>Those attempting to preserve tradition in England are openly mocked and supressed such as the moris dancers.
Ah so it isn't the Jew subverting you but yourselves haha

>Hell it has more than Scotland and Wales combined.
Just wrong bro

He took inspiration from English and Norse mythology to create a new interpretation, not to replace it.
Again, are you retarded?

>culture
>ethnocide
Can you guess where you went wrong here?

How have they done that? Welsh and Scottish are still a distinct people to this day, I think that's why the union has been successful, each identity was maintained

John Denham and the centre for English identity is a front to make Englishness 'inclusive' ie destroy it. Somebody from the Labour party shilling on 4chanwhich they avent got a loicence for

That's not enough. He must also hate Irish, Welsh, Scottish and Cornish. Also, hate alone will do nothing. If he's a real Englishman he must fight against those Celtic subhumans and molest them whenever possible.

Ah yes the Highland clearance really showed England wanting to maintain the Highlander's culture! Fucking hell

"Saint George became widely venerated as a warrior saint during the Third Crusade. There was a legend that he had miraculously assisted Godfrey of Bouillon; also that Richard the Lionheart had placed himself under his protection.[1] According to legend, the crusaders received miraculous help at the siege of Antioch on 28 June 1098 from a great army on white horses, clothed in white and bearing white banners, led by St George, St Demetrius, and St Mercurius.

FYI >>However, there was no association of the red cross with St George before the end of the crusades.[2]

The red cross in particular was associated with the Knights Templar, from the time of the Second Crusade (1145)"

Anyway he seems like our guy, so why not

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George's_Cross

>Language
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3616265/Do-know-spelk-spool-spile-Words-disappear-English-language-dialects-southern.html
>Tradition
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/25/shrewsbury-folk-festival-bans-blackface-morris-dancers/
>Folklore
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_folklore

>jews
Yes buddy the jew.
Who invited all the Pakis and niggers in?
Who runs our instiution and goverment?

I concur.

Leave the celts alone.
They dindu nuffin.
As long as they remain loyal to the union they're good in my eyes.

Are the welsh and scottish still not a distinct people? I'm interested in why you'd think otherwise

You're a complete idiot. Every single professional man across the world wears the motherfucking English suit jacket

>Tolkien's aim was to create a mythology unique for England which it never had

If by mythology by you mean pre-Christian myth, there was one. It's just long gone and was not preserved in the destruction of English paganism in the 6th-8th centuries and preserved only to an extent in works of poetry like Beowulf. A 'sense' of mythology was created later on via stuff like Milton, Dickens and Chaucer, but one limited by the fact that England was not historically oppressed. Welsh ancient mythology has been preserved through poetry, the Mabinogion etc.

>Ah yes the Highland clearance really showed England wanting to maintain the Highlander's culture! Fucking hell

The English don't bang on about the little known Irish conquest of the western coast of Britain, the Scottish cross-border raids or the great benefit that Scotland gained from Empire and the Industrial Revolution compared to rural England. Unsurprisingly, Scottish culture derives 90% of its meaning solely by opposing Englishness at every turn.

Attached: man_in_suit.jpg (736x927, 65K)

Let Englishness die! Britishness shall reign supreme!

My friend, you are a slave to the Celts. They take your taxmoney. Independent England NOW!

...but then it wouldn't be >Grest Britain.

>Be English
>Identity based on Germanic immigrants raiding native inhabitants
>Be against modern,civil, immigration
Explain this guys?

Inb4 grammar nazis ... *Great

Norman, Anglo and Celtic DNA > anything else

Agree, he called a bunch of people like Sadique Khan as being 'English'

Ah yes a pre-Chrsitian CELTIC myth. Nice

Move the goalposts.
I am sure the native Britons thought Germanic barbarians were the same as them!

You do realize he is arguing in bad faith and will just dismiss everything you say, right?

>Who invited all the Pakis and niggers in?

Pic related, and both his predecessor and successor as leader of Labour and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. All of them Scots as well as most of Blair's inner circle, e.g. Alistair Campbell.

>a front to make Englishness 'inclusive' ie destroy it

Perhaps, but like other shills such as Tommy Robinson and Jordan Peterson they serve a useful purpose in creating discussion about otherwise marginalised and ignored issues. They push the window enough to make them useful idiots for us. Stop purity spiralling and maybe Englishness might become part of the national debate once more.

>Ah yes a pre-Chrsitian CELTIC myth. Nice

Which one? Beowulf has nothing to do with Celts.

Attached: Tony_Blair.jpg (790x444, 74K)

What's "civil" immigration....can't remember seeing anything like Uncivilised immigration seems the norm

Agreed to a degree, i'd still like to see an English Parliament.

Arthur is the founding myth, not Beowulf

Why should I watch a 40 minute speech on the matter of Englishness by a former Labour MP?

To what conclusions will he arrive at?

It will be an attempt to unite the various different people who are constituent in England under one identity in which we can all embrace multiculturalism and leftwing values together.

Englishness to me is about identity, ethnicity, culture, history and belonging. It is naturally exclusive.

My concerns for Englishness in the UK are not about arbitrary things such as being bitter over the fact that the Scots and the Welsh are able to recognise themselves as a people, or that they get to sing their own national anthems at football games. This is all merely a desire to turn the 'British' identity into an 'English' one. There is simply no need for it.

Muslims put their religion first, a religion which is entirely alien to me as an Englishman. Their concept of the 'ummah' inevitably means that I can never truly embrace them as countrymen in quite the same way as I can a non-Muslim. You cannot tame the fifth column into loyalty.

Finally, if you love England, then you love the English. If you love the English, then you would not wish to have them fundamentally transformed through a deliberate policy of mass immigration imposed upon them without their consent.

So save your cheesey lines of Shakespeare or Wordsworth and just allow me the dignity of being the last of the Englishmen in peace.

Thank you.

Attached: england.jpg (1920x700, 107K)

Because the world has also been fucked over, I don't really know what Englishness is.

It really saddens me.

Attached: 1504643975740.jpg (505x604, 54K)

Attached: D3D2EA0C-4F90-4E69-9C7B-AA4C76443BA2.jpg (834x1639, 243K)

I shall reiterate; Bring back the British Empire!

>Englishness to me is about identity, ethnicity, culture, history and belonging. It is naturally exclusive.
Say a Germanic immigrant to a Celtic island

>All of them Scots as well as most of Blair's inner circle, e.g. Alistair Campbell.

You do know Blairs immigration minister Babara Roche opened the flood gates to immigration, as did Peter Mandelson, another Jew.

and Cornish. Our identity is still being supressed and mocked when it is as very much real as the rest of the Celts.
My identity is I'd say 5 or 6 times out of 10 mocked and lied about by English just for asserting who I am and I am most commonly called a "looney" or a "nutter" just for stating that I exsist. Welsh, Scottish and Irish are far better off.

Attached: 769609870123.png (2360x1900, 3.99M)

>You do know Blairs immigration minister Babara Roche opened the flood gates to immigration

And then proceeded to say that she was glad it happened because, as the daughter of immigrants, she feels more at home in London today.

English culture has been swept so quickly under the rug that you don’t even realize it. English culture is cultural events, food, traditions that existed prior mass immigration to the UK in the 1950s.

British is codeword used by the left to welcome people from the former colonies as one of us - even those who have no link like Mo Farah.

English food is fucking shit. Ask anyone outside of Jow Forums and they will tell you Morris Dancers are shit as well.

It must be difficult, backed into a corner since you started. I am from Dorset, actually fond of the Cornish. I hope you save your language and identity

Cornish literally has 100 speakers

Can you speak Cornish?

You are a looney and a nutter to give a shit about something so petty and inconsequential in lieu of the real issues going on elsewhere in England and Europe.

your assertion that england is lacking in myths puts you on a sticky wicket my son

a sticky wicket

s
t
i
c
k
y

w
i
c
k
e
t

Attached: 1417993199997.jpg (700x700, 149K)

^this and bonus points for great choice of phrase

INDEPENDENCE NOW, FUCK THE PEDO ROYALS

Attached: B96C1F62-36A9-4198-8AA8-A.jpg (1024x682, 63K)

Damn .. Had no idea it was that low. You need a border wall

>Arthur is the founding myth, not Beowulf

Arthur was a Celtic warlord that the English have successfully managed to appropriate because of the Medieval changes to the original myth. True English heroes should instead be the men that cucked the local Britons out of their land, seized their cattle and fucked their wives. For example, Cerdic, Hengist, Penda of Mercia and the great kings of Deira and Bernicia. The fact that all of these men have virtually been forgotten is just a sad indictment of the suppression of English national history. Beowulf is a cultural expression of the English kingdoms as they were in the Early Middle Ages even though it doesn't focus on those exact events and is indeed centred geographically on Scandinavia. Beowulf's values are the values of the Angles, Jutes, Saxons and Frisians that lived in what became England in that time.

>Why should I watch a 40 minute speech on the matter of Englishness by a former Labour MP?

Well here's the TL;DL written version of it. The guy may be a leftycuck but he makes some good points to an otherwise completely disengaged audience of political figures. I too believe that Englishness is rooted in my ethnicity and heritage, and not merely in civnat style cultural adherence. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be space for these sorts of ideas to be explored even by the left.

>just allow me the dignity of being the last of the Englishmen in peace.
>mfw

The Cornish deserve to exist, but you have to save your own culture. You don't have the excuse anymore of foreigners fucking everything up for you. Learn your own damn language. Same goes for the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Welsh is a beautiful language that is rooted in traditions that go back beyond even English, yet even now the number of people that speak is depressingly low. You all have to save your own cultures and customs. I'm just trying to do the same for my people. If we don't do it this union of nations will die.

Attached: 1533154959477.jpg (228x221, 5K)

Comfy English folk music :)

youtu.be/nY6SvuQTfd4

pity being English means nowadays driving German cars , drinking European beer and eating paki kebabs and Chinese food

Forgot the link, like a plonker.

winchester.ac.uk/news-and-events/press-centre/media-articles/a-nation-divided-thoughts-on-english-identity-and-politics.php

Attached: adventus_saxonum.png (311x143, 43K)

Don't ask for any sympathy from me when they muslims and blacks you guys hate cuck you next then

So is all folk dancing. What’s your point? The difference is that here in Spain you will see small kids being taught these gay-ass dances because it’s part of their cultural identity - even if they do forget about once they’re teenagers.

It’s sad that in England there is no attempt to preserve these traditions outside of rural villages. What you are taught is multiculturalism is good because I no longer have to eat offal I can have a curry at Iqbal’s.

I hope you gain your independence brother. The EU needs strong regional and national identities.

>Don't ask for any sympathy from me when they muslims and blacks you guys hate cuck you next then

This isn't 450 AD, and we're not all killing each other anymore. The Celtic experience should be a cautionary tale. Once these 'people' are on these sceptred isles they'll come for you next.

Attached: perfidious.png (690x914, 471K)

>(((tommy robinson))) the literal irish jew is keeping english identity alive
>I'm a zionist m8 xD
Jidf your shit didn't work a month ago why you trying again now? you yids got money to burn or something?

Ah so it's ok when you guys do it and steal an identity by becoming British. But someone who immigrates today can't have the same privilege that you acquired by raping and killing the natives. :-)

>flag
based and redpilled

Attached: nigelgrin.jpg (727x960, 83K)

>Ah so it's ok when you guys do it and steal an identity by becoming British. But someone who immigrates today can't have the same privilege that you acquired by raping and killing the natives. :-)

No, because like I said, it's not 450 AD anymore. The English that came to these shores were invited in as warriors by the Brythonic post-Roman elite. They fought and died fighting for them against Gaels, Picts and others. In the 21st century these people believe that they should be entitled to come here 'as of right'. One day a second Vortigern will end up giving up land to these invaders and a new foreign state will be born. If you don't take responsibility and help stop that from happening, we'll all be fucked.

Tommy Robinson is a moronic shill and a cucked Zionist. All the same he is important, and denying that fact in a desperate attempt to brandish your credentials in a doomed purity spiralling effort will leave us all in as weak a position as we are now. We need to take what little help we can get, when we can get it. If it takes cucks like Jordan Peterson, Tommy Robinson or fucking Pewdiepie to help move the overton window, then we will use them as disposable fodder for the cause.

Your post is depressing, but true.

Attached: 1516561470887.png (1512x1008, 703K)

>Tommy Robinson
Fuck off kike lover

fuck off mohamad

Attached: 1498515876837.jpg (600x600, 125K)

>either you hate Jews or Muslims, you can't do both
Fuck off

I have ancestors that came from southern and midlands england and conflictes whether i should immigrate back over there.

How do we get ourselves an English parliament? Is it worth voting English democrat?

I despise the Anglo. Never in my life have I seen a more loyal Jewish bootlicker than the British and their degenerate offspring. This country prides itself on its destruction of other peoples. Its culture is decadent to say the least, and is reflected in its ugly materialist values and people. You abandoned God for a religion based off of your corrupt king's polygamy. Had it not been for the Anglo Saxons in Europe and America, we could have restored order to the world during both world wars. Whilst all of Europe was evolving into Fascism, the Anglos chose to maintain the Jewish and Freemasonic Capitalist grasp over their country. They have murdered countless Europeans, be it Scots, Irish, French, German, etc. You even betrayed your very own countymen in Rhodesia and South Africa. You played a pivotal in destroying China, the oldest and most ancient people in the world just so the Jews could sell drugs, leading to China's fall into Communism. You handed over Europe to Communism for personal gain, spread (((democracy))) for the purpose of exploitation. Satanic elites are filled with Anglos. On top of all of this you created a literal puppet state for the NWO known as America, which has our culture of decadence infect foreign nations like South Korea and mainland Europe, and military destroy the Middle East, alongside the UK and Canada. I hate the English.

nice pasta kike

>I'm Catholic so I'm deeply conflicted on the topic of England.

Why? England was Catholic for a thousand years and there are still millions of them here. The whole anti-Catholicism thing died a hundred and fifty years ago.

>conflictes whether i should immigrate back over there.

I mean, I wouldn't. If I was to do so though I would move to the countryside. Somewhere in Surrey perhaps.

So long as First Past the Post exists there's no point in voting for protest parties. You'd be better off with small actions first like flying an English flag outside of your house (someone has started it down the road from me from a legit massive flagpole U.S style and their house is worth £2 million), emailing your local constituency MP about it and discussing it with your mates.

A good first move would be to convince Hiroshimoot to follow the Catalonia move and make British posters all have the flags of their respective nation.

Just seen this pasta in another thread

English = imperial mutt

>Why?

The Monarchy is illegitimate and most of the 'traditional culture' and history of modern England is built on a foundation of Anti-Catholicism.

BASED

Attached: 1534338703120.png (730x936, 24K)