Calling all australians! Get in here and watch the show

abc.net.au/news/2018-08-22/liberal-party-leadership-dramas-august-22/10150662
Mr Potato Head has made his move and the shitstorm is rapidly growing, grab some popcorn, crack open a tinny and lets watch the show together!
Other flags are welcome too.

Attached: tide_pod_corn.jpg (680x638, 44K)

kek

Wait are they trying again? Could have sworn I saw a "Malcolm Turnbull survives leadership challenge" news article like 1-2 days ago.

old mate Trumble preempted the challenge by resigning as party leader and triggering a vote, which he won. The problem (for him) is that he didn't win decisively, so now Dutton is even more convinced his actual challenge will be successful.

Potato is done. He'll be forced to move to Nauru with his farmers refugees.

Its a pleasant idea but unfortunately precedent does not support it. Whats happening now has also happened in the last 5 leadership changes we've had and they all turned out the same way, with the challenger on top despite losing the initial preemptive vote.

Has there been a Austarlian prime minister who hasn't been ousted?

You might be too young to remember but Howard was PM for 10 years before losing to Rudd in 2007, he was our last prime minister to serve a full term.
Its kind of crazy to think about but if you weren't old enough to vote in '07 then you've gone your entire life without having voted for a Prime Minister who actually served an entire 3 year term.

Your politics is fucked and your leaders believe in conspiracy theories.

You're 3rd world tier in your politics but you're lucky you have mineral resources stolen from the real owners of the country to profit from.

Don't talk shit mate, our pollies are fucked be we succeed anyway because the system the operate they operate within is one of the finest on earth.
I wouldn't trust Turnbull any further than I can spit but I'm perfectly happy to say that if it came down to it I would trust the AEC with my life.

This cunt knows his shit

Cheers mate, whatever happens this one is going to be a pretty wild ride. Next election should see the independent vote at well over 25% so theres a prett decent chance we will be looking at another minority government like Gillards.
This is actually really good news since (and I know this is hard to believe) the Gillard government is the most productive government in terms of successful legislation that we've had since around 2011

Australia has by far the worst politics for a """1st world country"'""
It's genuinely embarrassing to be in the same hemisphere as them. They can't even sort out the internet which even the bloody chinks can do.

Attached: 1516598351108.jpg (781x719, 55K)

I actually like Australia’s election system. It might be able to break the 2 party system bullshit if we had it

Their Senate (and I think the Tasmanian lower house) are both elected by STV which is pretty unique.
Though it doesn't matter if your population votes for tories every election regardless of the corruption or incompetence.

we are a lucky country in that we dont actually have a dedicated tory party per se. Instead the libs were originally founded for the explicit purpose of opposing the ALP (which was at the time the only major party in the country) and have been slowly losing their soul to tories and American style conservatism ever since.

Who fucking cares

t. Average Australian citizen.

But really the only politician who isn't a complete faggot is Fraser Anning.

Isn't FA that faggot who claimed he didn't realise that the phrase "Final Solution" is typically associated with Nazism? sounds a little dim to be a good mp if you ask me.

I'd say the modern liberal/national party in Australia is just about as stereotypical as a conservative Tory government as you can get.
Our """Conservative""" isn't even close to as bad, and even we got sick of their shit.
I mean seriously? A gay marriage referendum in 2017? Fuck me.

Great, looks like out little brother is at it again, I wish he'd grow up and mature at some point.

Attached: 1472718141184.jpg (635x417, 65K)

Reminder that whatever happens, the Liberal party leader will still be better than Shorten.

How can you even say that though.
The liberals have literally sold your country out to Adani, the Chinese and Murdoch, as well as intentionally crippled the internet infrastructure.

I didn't say the Liberal party, I said the Liberal party leader. I don't particularly like either the LNP or the ALP but the idea of someone as uncharismatic and despicable as Shorten leading my country is highly disturbing.

I can't say I know much about Shorten, only about how bad all the Liberals are.
Everybody seems to hate Labour, but from what I've heard Gillard did a bretty gud job so I don't know where the hatred stems from.

Labor is just average, they're not too bad im not sure how they get roped into the fucking subhuman levels of the liberals. I just want katter though to not be a pussy about bringing back some proper socalism

lib's control almost all Australian media.
The only major exception to this is the ABC, which remains largely neutral. I'll give you three guesses how the current liberal government feels about that.

Rumors are now swirling of a party room meeting being planned either for tonight or tomorrow night. Dutton will almost certainly make his play when this meeting happens, The knives are out for real this time!

Attached: voilence.jpg (197x225, 12K)

I love watching the annual who can fuck up the most competition between labor and libs

>

Attached: 1521344315015.jpg (204x248, 12K)

Quick rundown?

I have nothing better to do. Is there some sort of stream I can watch?

Shut up fag

Every 2 years whatever party is in charge likes to have a leadership topple so we get a new PM.
Seriously we have not had a PM serve their full term since John Howard

Cool thanks. Australian Party is the most based on the Aussie scene from what I see with Fraser Anning