Can I trade you this metal for that water?

Gold is worthless, and if shit hits the fan you can keep your gold, I don't want it.
Gold will not
>Hunt for you or butcher your meat
>Will not protect your family or your property

Gold is literally a shiny metal that doesn't corrode with time, nothing more. Knives, books, oil, fuel, ammo, guns, clothing and medicines will be infinitely more valuable than gold if anything catastrophic ever happens.

Imagine someone offering you a piece of shiny metal for some of the deer you just tracked and killed, how ridiculous, you can literally do (fuck all) with a stupid gold coin, it has no purpose in real life.

Attached: image.jpg (750x750, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_elements_in_Earth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1519817849146.jpg (600x799, 51K)

fpbp
weak bait. sage

I don't keep it but I think the idea is it retains more value in a major depression than what's in your bank account.
Banks induce depressions for personal gain but they can't do the same for total societal collapse. It's not for le epic shtf survival fallout game.

fpbp

That's why it's used as a currency and sometimes as wiring in fragile electronics, you brainlet, of course it's inherently worthless

>Imagine someone offering you a piece of shiny metal for some of the deer you just tracked and killed,

considering I can't eat the whole deer and can sell the left overs, sure why not.
Also I have a weapon, what stops me from killing the person offering me the gold and just take it?

gold is useful to buy property in a hurry at a low price from some asshole with a lynch mob chasing him

He's not wrong. When SHTF a bag of bullets holds more value than a bag of shekels.

gold owners on suicide watch. How does it feel that toilet paper is more valuable than your shitty thousand dollar shiny rock?

>value is subjective
wow that's intense op, I think you may be on to something

just fukin sell it or use it to buy shit

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 50K)

Are you 8 years old?

your talking about intrinsic value, and gold is valuable because of it's properties, you can throw some gold into to bottom of the ocean for a thousand years and it will look the same when you pull it out

you can sell the gold and get a hell's worth of toilet paper with the money

Attached: REEE.png (216x225, 68K)

Being rare and incorruptible makes it valuable

people will always want gold. they will risk their lives for it in the future just like at any time in the past. don't be retarded

My investment portfolio is pretty diverse. I buy when handgun and rifle ammo is low(sub-20cpr) so that I can trade when it's high plus I get to shoot a little target practice in the meantime. win/win

it protects the body from cosmic radiation, it's a good thing, libtard

Congrats you finally realized that anything including gold can be viewed in an entirely arbitrary light. Maybe next you’ll finally be able to master your multiplication tables too

Gold is great at everything looks good, good in computers, good in dentistry, etc. kys.

it's not as rare as you may think

Yeah whatever Qrabs

Investing all your gold money in Honey would be ideal it lasts forever is nutritional and will be perfect for trading

"I'd rather have a knife than this thing i can sell for thousands! Im so woke guys i should post this on Jow Forums!"

And why would I trade you my toilet paper for your shitty rock instead of trading it for bullets or food?

>Gold is literally a shiny metal that doesn't corrode with time, nothing more.

it's literally one of the best metal in the entire table of elements to conduct electricity with...or maybe you thought that it was for fashion whenever there's gold plated plugs and connectors perhaps?

Attached: 1522439236907.jpg (459x302, 24K)

You wouldn't, I was just saying that gold has way more monetary value then toilet paper.

Gold is a store of value. Tools that help you hunt, gets and so on are very cheap. Your post betrays you as a poorfag and/or a basement dweller. Unless, of course, you're a banking sector shill, but then again Jow Forums users aren't a very good target demographic for that BS.

sup rabbi

absofuckinglutely. all value is relative - bring on the jubilee

tax the rich one time to build up the US industrial/educational base and give all their wives and girlfriends free plastic surgery ggs

currency enables multi-way trade. without currency, my only way of trading is directly with the person i'm trading with.
>i'll give you this deer pelt for 2 chickens.
when currency exists, it allows
>i'll give you this deer pelt for 3 gold discs.
>I'll give you 3 gold discs for that knife.
etc.
I know its possible to barter the same outcome, but currency carries with it convenience. 3 gold discs are much lighter and more portable than 2 chickens.
people will always naturally fall into a currency based economy.
The only societies that didn't do it are the ones who we pick on for lacking abstract thought. IE Africa, and Native Americans.
The ability of planning ahead will always lead white people to migrate towards this trend. Even when we were in SHTF equivalent level development, we still used currency. All it takes is a mutual acceptance that it is worth something. Money literally functions no differently than gold in this, except gold actually has inherent value in that it is finite.

Gold represents a system of trust. If you’re just some crazy murderer nobody is going to want to deal with you and will likely form a posse to kill you

>Not as rare you may think
I have no idea why you'd say that
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_elements_in_Earth

I will gladly rid you of this worthless metal OP. And any fertile females you may be also not perceiving the true value of later on.

Attached: 1524503401356.png (1029x994, 953K)

Thanks just bought 100k

Copper and silver are better.
Graphene is zero resistance without magnetic flux.
Platnium is less reactive, more ductile, and lower electronegativity.

Gold is used because the best shit is megameters underfoot.

Pretty sure those kind of people would be executed in the early years

Because the market demands it has value.

People think that the collapse looks like Mad Max, while in reality it's more in line with Mexico or Brazil. Even during World War 2 you could get shit done using money or gold, because people knew that the war was going to end some day.

The idea behind buying gold isn't to have something shiny to buy yourself an Avenger Minigun in Shady Sands. The goal is to conserve your wealth throughout the event and to buy a fuckload of cheap shit from desperate people once order is restored.

Silver is precious to trade but hard enough to make basic tools

This is true but hes talking about the inherent value of the shiny rock, which is nil outside the purpose we have given it.
Some geobiochemists have recently discovered a bacteria that shits gold. Google it, it will be there somewhere.

Lead is the best precious metal to invest in.

Attached: bullets.jpg (600x484, 90K)

>shtf y'all

>we're all going to be nigger'in our niggers until the mud huts nigger up to the whole ungah bungas, anarchy yay

You know I used to be a survivalist, and I still am to some extent, but this whole dumbass idea we're going to go back to 1814 our whole lives, the first time a government collapses, or a bomb hits, and everyone's just going to be super-niggers anarchy go, don up the spike shoulders McMadMax style, looks more and more retarded the older I get. Unless you live in the Congo, save enough food up to survive an emp, social discord ect., defend yourself, and get over the damned apocalypse desert-world shit, already. Worst you're looking at is like, Mexico. It's probably better to have money, safe and hidden, if you live in that.

And look at that just when I was typing. This.

If that's true it means china is already pumping out tons of homemade gold

The point is this

Gold will not protect you or anything you value, "selling" things like bullets medicines and weapons for a shiny rock is boarder line autistic.

Let me try explaining a different way. The economy has just tanked, do you want to be left with a backpack full of diamonds and gold? Or a pack with binoculars, know ves, sharpening stones, guns medicines and bullets?

Gold is a Jew meme, you would literally be buying stock in something that doesn't exist and becomes worthless in a SHTF situation.

Attached: image.jpg (3063x4430, 3.73M)

Not after shit hits the fan. You can wipe ass with shiny rocks. Clean water and electricity will be more valuable than you.

please stop using that as a reference site, it's embarrassing for me to continue with you now

I googled and the results were from /popsci/ sites like sciencealert. I ended up reading it and the bacteria only shits gold when it's fed gold

>Graphene is zero resistance

There is no such thing as a room temperate superconductor.

Attached: 91A95261-593A-4BDB-A0AD-6FF301FCBBD8.jpg (1024x1024, 72K)

go back in time to any point in history and make this retarded claim. you'd get stoned/stabbed/raped/murdered by everyone

Attached: 1534429691464.jpg (325x325, 8K)

You realize shit won't just simultaneously hit the fan all over the world everywhere over night right?

In terms of an economic collapse there will be plenty of ways to turn your gold into maybe say a way to get out of the shithole your in, and go somewhere there's electricity.

It's not useless if I need to make a superconductor

Why don't you just google the mass abundance of elements on Earth then get back to me? I don't know why you'd say gold is not rare as you may think lmao

Economy tanking doesn't lead to Mad Max though, it just makes people poor. Your fucking sharpening stones aren't going to help pay your bills.

Attached: Unemployment-Rate-2013.png (1155x771, 54K)

it's not a space force we need, it's a space mining colony. Bring back an asteroid mostly made of gold or platinum and witness the instant panic in all markets worldwide.

>The market
who is this retard and why should I give a fuck about his retarded shit?

Honestly, how did people begin to trade with gold or other metals? If this was 1783 BC and someone offered me a chunk of gold for my pelts and meat, I would need a guarantee that my neighbor would accept it in exchange for his crops, and he would need a guarantee that whoever he wants to buy stuff from would accept it. It all works smoothly when it's an established system and has been for millenia, but I can't wrap my head around how it was established in the first place.

yes
any time

gold is real money

Because those are the other people you'd trade with unless you live alone in the woods or something.

Or I just kill you cause you have gold instead of bullets.

>they don't have a survival kit, bug out bag, two weeks of emergency rations, guns and bullets

Attached: nun.gif (500x501, 1.63M)

The point is that it has no value unless we say it does. If i have a pack full of knives food and bullets, I'M NOT TRADING ANY OF IT FOR A SHINY ROCK. It's useless to me, I can do nothing with it.

Gold these days is rarely anything tangible, and even when it is, it's not really something that you can use (personally) except for in electronics. I mean it's pretty and looks nice aesthetically sometimes, but as it pertains to an SHTF scenario or survival situation, it's utterly useless.

currency will always exist
gold will always carry value because its the rarest form of currency
bullets and useful shit cannot be a currency, because they get used up and broken
you're right that paper dollars, silver coins and gold bars are just that, but without SOMETHING to act as currency and numbers to place on materials relative to their rarity you can't have civilization, at least not a very good one

>ancaps
Then you'd be wanted by an armed force.

>currency will always exist
or what?

>Can I trade you this metal for that water?
yeah sure,,,,,,?.........

Attached: 77.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

>but without SOMETHING to act as currency and numbers to place on materials relative to their rarity you can't have civilization
I'd like to remind you of this thing people did called Bartering.

>ancap
dont know what that is
>SHTF
>Somehow organized armed force ready to waste non-replenishable fuel and bullets to hunt me

Your precious gold didn't mean jack shit during the Yugoslav wars, did it? They were trading valuable things like food, toilet paper, and guns, not gold. This alone disproves all your bullshit.

>tfw I'm so sick of the modern world that I'm unironically wishing for the apocalypse
Anyone else know this feel

Attached: IMG_6628.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>toilet paper is valuable
you know you can clean your ass with water and soap right?
and you can make soap with ashes, water and fat

/thread

bartering is very limited in what people can do, you won't be able to make exchanges with everything you own, gold mediates that and is very useful with its properties

>eat gold, shit gold

So basically like every other living creature? Gold is edible but doesn’t digest. You just shit it out.

>Somehow organized armed force ready
because the police exists? this ain't fallout dude

I don't want to trade 20 chickens for a cow, in fact I don't have 20 chickens. how about I give you x dosh for the cow, then you can use part of that dosh for some chickens from me and some chickens from my neighbor and have some left over for whatever the fuck else, whoever gets that money can then use it for other things, some of it might even come back to me
currency is objectively better

Attached: 1534068971376s.jpg (114x125, 3K)

That's, like, the whole point of a currency.

Sweds being retarded once again.
It's better then a debt note because people like shiny things.

>he doesn't understand how important it is for computer circuitry
Its price has definitely been atificially inflated on purpose in history, but it actually has a lot of uses and it's still a precious and hard to extract metal.
>if anything catastrophic ever happens.
>muh prepping
Who cares? It still has practical uses in electronics and it could potentially be very useful, should civilisation bounce back a few decades after an extinction event, so hoarding it even then would still make sense. Maybe not you, but your descedants could potentially benefit from having it.

good luck finding another type of metal for tooth fillings that your body won't reject
good luck finding another type of metal to use in microchips that won't corrode over time
good luck finding another type of metal that powers alien spaceships and can be used to bribe aliens for a ticket off this hell rock

you can use gold to buy weapon anytime
it is the only real currency during the war

Who measures out standard quantities of gold and determines what those quantities are worth? Who checks the purity of the metal? What happens if people start shaving coins? If shit really does hit the fan and our fiat currency takes a giant shit then you're not going to have an easy time figuring out what gold is worth when nobody has a real tangible use for it.
What can I exchange this "dosh" for exactly? Do I have any guarantee this gold currency can be exchanged with other people in the future? That's kind of the problem at the heart of this whole thing: If you need to use gold as a currency then the existing economy has imploded and there's not likely to be any authority that can regulate currency standards.

>flag
>this aint fallout
not yet, ill see you then

Found the highschool dropout.
No one wants to barter things when they can carry tiny gold coins.

You might want to bend over the toilet and throw up.
You seem to have overdosed on redpills.

I CHALLENGE ANY ONE OF YOU JIDF KIKES TO EXCHANGE YOUR PAPER MONEY FOR IT'S EQUAL VALUE IN GOLD.

Let me know how that works out, I'll be sitting back with my stockpiles of food, ammo, and things that have actual vale right here and now. Rather than some quasi "i owe you" backed by literally NOTHING except for the largest national debt in world history. Hahahahaha

Attached: image.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Its valuable because the aristocracy value it and they have done consistently for 1000s of years. Why do the aristocracy value gold? Why did they employ alchemists to create more gold from nothing? Why was alchemy even a thing? For esoteric reasons. Maybe they consume it in monoatomic form to help their pineal gland or for health reasons generally - I dont know, but the fact is - the leaders of every country throughout history have valued gold (and silver).

Also, Aristotle studied "what makes a good money system" and his result was only gold should be used as money as it fits all the necessary requirements a money system needs.

Attached: 1488111880606.png (1107x723, 1.44M)

the whole point to gold is that some rich guy from far away where there is no war or famine will give you full price in his own economy.

Shit hits the fan in South Africa. You can sell 10,000 dollars worth of gold for 10,000 dollars in America and GTFO. The rich guy who bought the gold can literally wipe his ass with 10k dollars but you need 10k US dollars.

The exchange rate is glorious.

Yes, although it was ionized gold which I think would cost money to make, I don't think it would be naturally occurring. it seems like their objective was to see how the bacteria react to toxic metals

>Gold is literally worthless
Its literally not though.

Attached: article_id1708_01.gif (440x313, 6K)

>Found the highschool dropout.
That's pretty rich coming from somebody who thinks "gold coins" of indeterminate composition and weight will be accepted as a form of currency in a place where the economy has collapsed.

>I would need a guarantee that my neighbor would accept it in exchange for his crops
Gold is pretty much the only thing you can be sure would be accepted as a universal bartering currency, no matter what time or continent you happen to land on. In 4000 BC if you were dropped in south american or east asia or west africa, you can be sure they'll desire your gold.

>What can I exchange this "dosh" for exactly? Do I have any guarantee this gold currency can be exchanged with other people in the future?
Yes by going someplace that isn't fallout the videogame.
Gold like most precious metals and stones have value said value is transferred into debt notes.

Attached: hold-still-while-i-gas-you.jpg (624x480, 77K)

Anarcho-primitivism is fucking retarded.

You are aware you can measure weight using a scale yes.
Dropout.

>stockpiles of food
What exactly do you stockpile? Because if it's substandard canned beans or Jim Bakker style bonus buckets, you're a retard who got scammed.

Learn to make pemmican and hard tack.
Also bugs.