Social Media was a mistake

We had no idea how good we had it before social media. Shit is pure cancer. Should the use of social media be banned?

Attached: kino.jpg (630x450, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyEQNFrM0MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How would you make this thread

is Jow Forums social media?

>ohh the irony
A level of anonymity negates the narcissims inherent with social media

We are socializing to an extent and can post webm, gifs, etc as we communicate to each other. So I would say yes.

No, becuase it has surface level anonymity, only "user" speaks here.

>We had no idea how good we had it before social media

Wrong. Before social media all we had was television, which was filled with terrible comedy, talent and reality TV shows along with the usual ((Hollywood)) propaganda.

Go back and watch a comedy show from the early 2000's. Nothing but sex & gay jokes with the occasional 'white people are so lame LOL' quip thrown in.

No. It makes a shitload of money. Its like saying banning capitalism.

Social Media implies namefagging. This is hypermedia.

Attached: H Y P E R.jpg (1024x1024, 99K)

>all we had was TV
we had each other user

>Before social media all we had was television
Confirmed too young to have been there.

No but you should have to sit at a desk and use a computer to access the internet since it’s been in everyone’s pocket the internet has gone to shit

This. Forums were better desu fampai

More like antisocial media.

electricity was a mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=HyEQNFrM0MY

Attached: 3.jpg (3000x1687, 581K)

Thanks to social media, it's easier to weed out women from the gene pool.

Nah. Let the normies poison each other's lives with pettiness and jealousy.

Fuck off with the banning shit.
You either ignore social media or you don't. No-one's forcing you to photograph avocados.

The only time I notice social media is when you faggots bring it up.

There have been threads on Jow Forums discussing this, the problem is that the internet population is all squished together on about 35 big sites (see pic related) whereas prior to 07 users were spread acrossed many different interest sites and niches because users were mostly people smart enough to get on and use the internet in that capacity, while the normalfags who did use it didnt leave much or an imprint on the major sectors.

When the floodgates were opened, and social media and business giants took over, the populated and indexed internet shrank, while the old internet, which is just the same as it always had been, is now referred to as "the deep web" or "dark web" which is a nice way for businesses to fear monger and say "Yeah dont you go there, its dangerous, stay here where its safe!" Ultimately the solution is to create an alternative community of sites that doesn't follow the current giants practices like tracking and data mining, dont even connect with their services in any way, and a search engine that only includes sites within this new network.

Attached: Internet.jpg (900x2002, 827K)

It's not an individual thing, it's about the effect that it has on society as a whole. You cn ignore social media, but you can't stop people from thinking they are psuedo-celebs or whatever other psychosis social media causes.

The "underground" communities are just a big LARP. You can't recreate the culture of BBSs and the early web outside of the culture of the time.

I agree, but the unpopulated internet isnt 'underground' google just refuses to index it. These arent onion or tor sites.

Can't be banned. Mankind walked right into the trap. Now there's no undoing it.

That's why I put it in quotation marks.

Just by using a particular protocol or search engine you wont recapture the zeitgeist that made it so "The Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace" could be written unironically.

meh, for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Aka, Social media help redpill normies in MASSIVE numbers. However, bluepillers can do the exact same using social media. Its a fickle fuck

Attached: nbk.png (1024x576, 432K)

I think there's a couple of routes forward.
1. >More super giants need to compete with the current ones til we spread major web traffic across at least 1000 sites again
2. We reinvent the web in VR but don't incorporate social media.

You're in denial. Jow Forums is social media. Which means you probably spend more time on social media than the instagram whores you mock.

Attached: 1523330953639.jpg (567x565, 34K)