Anyone ever play this game?

I remember playing this, and the first thing to do when building a city was to build a wall so barbarians wouldn't invade and steal your resources. Seems to me like the US is 241 years overdue on having a wall. Fun game!

Attached: civ.jpg (342x305, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those mid-90s feels lad, they hit me hard.

Attached: sid-meier-s-civilization-ii_1.gif (800x598, 223K)

jew simulator

I loved this game so much as a kid.

I played civ3 and it made me start to care about the bigger picture. all later versions of the game I find tedious--like the religion stuff.

It’s been that way ever since CIV to VI.
A better comparison for the U.S. would be the Stronghold series though.

Attached: EB6BC3E3-8FDE-4DE9-A20E-6A79512FE2CB.jpg (1280x800, 1.93M)

The nuke sound FX from this game is my ringtone.

For me it was tedious only because the religion stuff was done badly. It could have been implemented so much better.

Anyone who was spending turns to build city walls and then paying maintenance on them in the early stages of this game in lieu of building the granary, library, and marketplace is a complete fucking retard. You weren't ever going to have to go to war in the 1st 50 turns and barbarians were easily fended off with a single phalanx or archer which you could pop from a hut.

I remember a war of the worlds scenario and apocalypse scenario with mutants and dinosaurs. Too bad no youtuber made a lets play/walkthrough on youtube.

Don't forget the WWII scenario where you could play as literally Hitler

During the occupy protests I kept thinking of the adviser that would pop up when your city went into anarchy

Video game. First Person Shooter. Pick one.

checked - accurate statement - but it got to a point where if you didn't have walls and went to war you were fucked

In Total War you gotta get the farms and trading up first that’s more realistic

>building granaries
>not just building the pyramids

No complaints, noble leader

I have 1000s played on civ 5. I imagine it's how globalists view the world. Except much more complex in real life

>this

OP is full of shit. It's the same with civii. If you don't build market places/temples/granarys in the beginning there's going to be a revolt

I remember getting railed by the Zulu BBC because i always sought peace and consesions

Way overdue. Our people are dying because of it and we're being called the assholes for wanting protection. Not the ones perpetrating the crimes.

*crack*
>aw, civilization 2
*sips*
>now THAT was a good game
kys boomer

Attached: 1525899155844.png (380x349, 77K)

>not forming a star empire in order to advance the white mans grip beyond that of his homeworld.
Unironically played stellaris for the first time, made a hodgepodge of multicultural garbage. Found out on my second run that if you go ethno, your empire unironically becomes far more focued and efficient. (you can genemod your white race to become superior and have the right bonuses for you)

As for the original civ, those were good times. 2 was good, 3 was best. After 3 they started releasing games with missing features on purpose so they can dlc them later, a practice that continues to this day.

Attached: Euro-Solar.jpg (760x545, 51K)

civ 4 is incredibly tedious. 5 is great though.

Future generations are going to look back on our timeline and see a bunch of pussies who let the news and a bunch of basedboys push us around while we did nothing

*Basedboys*

Basedboys

the civ franchise really went to shit

I loved causing global warming and pollution

What the literal fuck? why does the word $0yb0ys get changed to basedboys Everytime without spell check.

Oy vey!!!

Try typing in the word and hit post. It comes out as basedboys instead of $0yb0ys (use actual letters instead of $ and 0)

The m0ds are changing our words after we type them

Welcome to Jow Forums.
Please leave immediately.

Yeah it was solid game, nice wwii scenario especially with the underdogs and diverse government forms with Communism needing more food and Fundamentalism being able to spawn radical fanatics. Modern Civs have their policy trees but they don't feel as good to me.

It's so newfags who don't know about wordfilters are easier to detect now gtfo and lurk more

This, if I was a small country with well managed cities I didn't even care about global warming because it would be much worse for my enemies.

Very good game, civ iii too

Newfag

Okay okay. I'm not an old fat, but in the years I've been here this has literally never happened to me, with the exception of attempting to post links to other sites.

Civ 6 is underrated

hate in that game you have to go through a big song and dance for warfare, even when playing fanatical purifiers.
my intention is on killing you all but i can only do it 3 planets at a time, then we agree to put down the weapons for 10 years while i feed all your pops into the grinder for food and we start again.
is a simple exterminatus too difficult to ask for in this game without having to play the diplomat and ask for permission first?!

Kill yourself and stop posting

Played the hell out of it and loved every minute.
In the mid 00's i saw it on a sale rack, when all other games were £2-3 each, this was £25 , tried getting a fiver off and he wouldn't budge.
Still got it.

Get a load of these roody-poos.

In most games the most efficient way to build the Pyramids was to first build the much cheaper granary in your capital and second city so you could more quickly establish a flow of settlers that could irrigate and mine a few squares on their way to founding more cities. Then, after your capitol has grown large enough to support it, you can quick build the pyramids and get another growth boost. It's much better to take what amounts to a few extra turns all things considered to establish 7-8 cities quickly instead of plodding for the pyramids when your capitol is only producing 4-5 shields a turn, and only getting an immediate effect in 3-4 cities because you haven't been able to produce nearly enough settlers.

basedboys

5 is still the best though

Attached: 1480742911002.png (1366x768, 1.89M)

Wow user. We're way above such outdated ways. It would be far too rude to the barbarians to exclude them.

Not CivII, but I've played Freeciv, IV and V.
The thing about CivIV is that it needs mods to be any good, and V isn't autistic enough to satiate my info needs so it too needs mods.
Weiry enough, my favourite is Civ4 Colonisation with the RAR mod.

Mods:
Advanced Air-Naval-Ground Units Megamod (This is hands down the best mod for Civ V)
Artificial Unintelligence (This is must have mod, actually gives the AI a shred of competency)
Bigger Empires (rapid border expansion, helps prevent border gore)
Corporations (You can't be a superpower if you're not rich as fuck)
DLL-Various Mod Components (If you have the SuperPower mod then you should have this, you can get it from CivFanatics)
InfoAddict (It's like having your own NSA)
Quick Turns (must have if you want turns to be

Attached: 1480743716345.png (1366x768, 1.94M)

It really was though.

The trick user is to REALLY stockpile influence before going to war. (tech up the reductions in claim costs and keep your factions happy/in check). What this means is if you intend to conquer, you have to specialize around it, and build your economy purely around your conquests (because no edicts for energy and minerals, not enough inf.)
I was able to take out my neighbor in 2 wars, and he had around 15 planets and countless more systems, but I had to put everything except tech on hold for a while to do it. the returns were amazing though, added 50% to the size of my empire (this was at the very start of the mid-game).

I agree with you that militant civs, especially fanaticals and assimilators, need a total annihalation wargoal. The penalty is that it would work both ways, and they could turn the tide and conquer you, but I think the bigger problem is the new war exhaustion. If you could keep the war going, you could just keep claiming systems on the fly as you conquered and extend it that way, You can do that now, but you always run out of war exhaustion % before you can raise enough influence while fighting.

i thought edgy jew equals a lot of words

What do you anons use for mods?

Attached: 1CF7FCBE-3D36-4645-AA0E-08AB2395A49F.jpg (1107x1023, 246K)

tBh
fäm
onions

somithing is missing, but i'm drawing a blank...

you would think that the devouring swarm, and mech annihilators would have that sort of option by default

I always forget the other one too, I’m pretty sure it filters to baka

cuck

baka

There it is

s m h

yes that is it, remembered they where all in row before they got changed.

>jews hating civilization
What else is new?

>first objective is to build a wall
>not building phalanx
Enjoy your city being taken over by barbarians

>First thing build a wall
Are you retarded? Barbarian cities when captured cough up gold. All you need to do is have some archers hanging around and a chariot to chase down the roving horde. The first thing you need to build is more settlers, as that will double the amount of production you have. Settle a city two to three spaces away from your first city, as they won't have to worry about overlapping effects until late game, and by then you'll have probably unlocked farms.

Unlike you, I actually played that game.

Thanks for the write up, going load up a game with these mods!

HA

Enjoy, fren!

Attached: 1531951776225.jpg (1024x788, 81K)

The civilization game is for convergent thinkers because it follows a direct path in historical systems and technologies. What if the player wanted a money-less society with technology that relied on magnetism rather than fossil fuel?

Hope you didn't play it for the PlayStation lol

seek mental help, 4 is one of the great games of all time, 5 pales in comparison

This. 6 might be better once they release more expansions though

By the 241'st turn, if you don't have walls your hammers are better spent on something else.

The civ games are about historical accuracy, that has been their basis since the beginning. They are convergent in terms of tech and such. I think it is also a technical limitation because of the 'arcade' nature of civ. Having said that, the "getting nuked by Ghandi" meme was a fine thing to spring out of those games.

If you want what you describe, I can't think of anything, but stellaris allows you to customize in some similar ways (start as a machine culture that doesn't need food, but needs extra energy instead, civs that eat other civs for food etc.) and focus on specific technological paths. Of course stellaris is set in the far future so historical accuracy is irrelevant.

yeah incompetent AI and having half the tiles filled with units is awesome! only plebs like 5 over 4 (or even 6)

youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

>empire earth
>literally some of the first structures you can build are walls and towers

Video games used to be so based.

mods make all the difference

Attached: 1532651905218.jpg (346x346, 29K)

nah it's about building a civilization not destroying one
4 had the best soundtrack of any civ game and the ffh and colonization mods were cool, but civ 5 is way better

5 is absolute garbage, and 4 has the best mods anyway. Nothing comes close to the RevolutionDCM mod

4 was good

Also this

brb booting up my busted laptop to recover my other screenshots

Attached: 1530762184952.gif (474x379, 471K)

Lurk moar repugnant faggot

t. casual pleb

The soundtrack of 4 is hands down the greatest of any video game ever, and it started my love of classical music from a very young age

GARRISON MOAR INFANTRY

doom stacking is unironically more casual than 1upt

Attached: 1535399879197.gif (294x300, 2.47M)

this

Pleb

yes, why?

Kek, good to see the other psychos, I always tried to get a northern starting location, then I couldn't wait to discover coal, then...

Attached: envirocucks btfo.jpg (900x598, 114K)

5 is better than 4 in every way, go back to /v/ faggot

this cracka know wha'ts up

lol ok, yeah having AI that can't move around the units properly is great, not to mention the tiny maps