He thinks truck driving can be automated

>he thinks truck driving can be automated

Attached: 307.jpg (788x685, 72K)

It's just a matter of time

It can and will be. Won't be anytime soon but without how fast they are advancing AI through user contribution of their systems...it's almost scary but at the same time not surprising in the least.

They feel confident automating lawn mowers.....they will feel confident automating tractor trailers, no matter if it kills 2, 000 people a year that would be worth it to them.

Its literally never going to happen

>roads are a decayed mess that no Ai could hope to navigate
>tyrone would see it pull up at a stop sign and be like "i own that"

>cant even automate trains

>giant boxes of free shit rolling around unattended
nah

By that time, I'm sure they will strap some deterrence functions, like tear gass deployment, hell even IP cams tied to some internet connected rifles in the cab. I can totally see this happening in my lifetime. They fucking got us all to carry 2-3 cameras, 1-2 micorphones, fingerprint scanners, retina scanners, and other sensors around all day.... I think they will figure this out.

>He thinks automation will be the end of all jobs
>He thinks so can do any kind of job
>He thinks he is going to have universal human income after this happens
Imagine knowing so little about robotically engineering or just computers altogether.

Attached: 1535459410197.gif (182x204, 1.39M)

maybe with active satellite link

betcha ye didnt think of that???

>Zir thinks roads and infrastructure can never nor will ever will be updated or rebuilt with self-driving vehicles in mind

Halliburton already uses them in ND. I seens it.

There's no reason for this to happen. The cost of the drivers is literally nothing compared to the cost of the shit they move.

1 driver on $100,000 can move $100,000,000's of stock per year. Why would you want to bother automating something that works so well? 99% of other kinds of jobs don't provide anywhere near the same amount of value.

Nope! Good point, always felt car automation tech is not for us like they describe it but for them. It will happen, and one day we will see "AUTOMATED DRIVER, How am I doing? Call" stickers on the back of these things.

It can, and the machines will be much, much better at it than even the best trucker fucker out there.
I welcome a future where there's no longer 2 trucks next to each other, one going 70km/h and the other going 70.3km/h and the slower one not willing to get off the gas for half a second to let people overtake both.

>most valuable skill is driving a vehicle.
>still will be worse at it than robots.
kek

>he thinks anything can't be automated
half of the shitposts on Jow Forums are probably automated now.

put on the board for asian creativity. thx

lol, these faggots really think they can automate semi trucks driving over the rocky mountains during winter

top kek

tell me retard, who is going to put chains on the truck? is the computer going to do it?

I would love to see those automatic trucks in finnish winter.

Attached: 08d0f7edd21cb6d0c4fcaff6cfba674c3ba9a12e4db2065ebdef4503886991d2.jpg (1280x960, 114K)

>but we sometimes ship expensive stuff so that means they'll keep using the more expensive labor option.
Great logic, shit for brains.

Once automated driving is reliable enough to be commonplace, it will be way cheaper and safer than human drivers. The cost is non-recurring r&d. The hardware and software costs almost nothing and runs for years.
Yes corporations will choose the cheaper driving option, regardless of the cost relative to the shipped item.

No. Some smelly, alcoholic retard like you will be paid peanuts to do it for every truck.

You've never actually encountered technology have you?
The software as in the shit that fucks up all the time now. The hardware that gets made on the cheap in China.

>This nigger thinks that "driving over the rocky mountains during winter" is the first step "automate semi trucks" will make into the trucking industry

then you will still have to have an on-board person who you have to pay to be on the truck 24/7 and stay at truck stops in a sleeper. no one is going to do that for free.

>they can't get rid of us, how can a robot truck put chains on itself!?
The state of inbred retards.
So will you faggots kill yourselves once you have no options but welfare checks? Nah, we know most of you are on it already.

No, trucking will not be automated because automated trucks would have to be armed, which would make them do racist things.

I don't know how to tell you this, trucky, but machine don't have to sleep.

Other costs include the creation of new avenues for theft and terrorism.

>being allowed to use robotic tear gas on good boys who was doin nuffin and jus wanted to see what was in the amazon truck
Das racis

The amount of idiots in this thread is great.
I'm sure none of you faggots understand how computers, radio or electricity work either, and you would have said it was nonsense to think we could have a moving picture player plus voice teleporter thing in your pocket.

At least visiting pol reminds me how hopelessly fucked you ignoramuses are. Prepare to get culled.

>you've never been near tech
Quit projecting your own lack of experience. I work on shit that replaces inbred faggots.

Self-driving cars will happen. It's already started. The software and sensors will keep getting better. And no matter who you buy the hardware from, a few hundred bucks every few years per truck is far cheaper than the pay you incompetent faggots are still collecting, for now.

>doesn't understand the concept of a road service fleet of mechanics
>doesn't understand that replaces the majority of workers, i.e. the actual truck drivers.
kek