Nafta betrayal points to bleak future for US-Canada relationship

Good. Fuck Canada and Fuck Canadians.. And I'm a nice guy. it's true.
>The news left Canadians reeling and sent the country’s foreign minister rushing to Washington DC in the hope of salvaging the decades-old North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) – a three-way deal between the US, Canada and Mexico. The stakes for Canada are sky-high; the country sends three quarters of its exports south of the border while roughly 2.5m Canadian jobs depend on US trade.

>“In essence, [prime minister Justin] Trudeau is being forced to negotiate with a gun to his head,” Meredith Lilly, a trade adviser to the former prime minister Stephen Harper, wrote in an article for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. “There are a range of matters still to be resolved, but it seems as though there are no poison pills left – only bitter ones for Canada to swallow.”

theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/29/nafta-canada-trade-deal-us-mexico-betrayal-gloomy-mood

Attached: 1534862833197.png (155x209, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ictsd.org/bridges-news/bridges/news/brazil-takes-aim-at-us-intellectual-property-in-cotton-dispute
google.ca/amp/s/business.financialpost.com/news/economy/trump-may-wreck-canadian-economy-but-not-before-he-gives-it-a-big-boost/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: LEAFS.jpg (1024x1423, 492K)

BAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Attached: OHHHHH.gif (322x178, 2.56M)

he cant grope his way out of this mess

Attached: 1530978649317.jpg (339x472, 95K)

>Fuck Drumphf we don't have to do anything!
>Oh shit wait
Fuck Canada.

trudeau drinks so much CNN koolaid that he probably thought trump was going to get impeached before nafta would get negotiated. canada is fucked for years to come because of this retard, but at least he will be gone next election

the most disgusting thing about canada is their women. ive always thought it true.

Attached: 1499873217811.jpg (883x751, 122K)

Please trump, DESTROY NAFTA. I never hated a people more than Canadians, and I've travelled the world. These people deserve to be starving in the streets.

The silver lining is that this will get normies to not vote for Trudeau again. At least, I hope thats the case. This country can rot in hell if all this isn't enough to stop people voting for pansies like our current PM, this is 100% his fault.

where the fuck are canadas feminists now? the groping allegations were completely swept under the rug, last time it was reported on by the media was almost 2 months ago

anonymous5 says that canada is a torture device with rainbows

Yeah, that's what we said about Obama...so the fat Jew or the communist poo in loo, what's it gonna be Chang? You still get 750,000 shitskins/ year regardless of who wins...

Attached: IMG_8524.jpg (736x490, 128K)

Most Canadians support the government standing up to Trump and not signing a new agreement under pressure if it's no good. No deal is better than a bad deal.

Sometimes standing up for yourself is more important than money. We also have weapons we can deploy if Trump goes nuclear. He may not know it, but his economic advisors do, as well as certain influential lobby's...

canada is about to get raped, judging by the fact they are giving us til friday to negotiate terms. trump needs to bolster the US auto industry and fucking trudeau is the ass is the best way

They only care when white men rape, your PM is Cuban so it's w/e don't be a racist

because canada is only good at voting people out of office, not voting people in

>We also have weapons we can deploy if Trump goes nuclear
You have zero leverage.

zero leverage

Void US pharma patents, we have the infrastructure to mass produce generics and export.

Tell me who is the most powerful lobby in the US?

>Bleak Future
We are going to have a conservative party nationally next year
If nothing else Trump is waiting for fuckboy to give or get out he will extend the olive branch to Sheer or Max

Shut the fuck up, leaf. Trudeau needs to stop being a dumb bitch and realize he needs to play ball with Trump. Canada would be nothing without America as a trade partner, if they want to tighten their belt and fix their own shit, so be it. Hell, if Trudeau knew anything of trade he'd have taken care of the dairy cartel by now.

>please let trump fuck me in the ass, because i'm a REDPILLED leaf

We have to do give and take, not just get threatened with auto tariffs if we dont sign a deal by Friday. Dispute resolution and dairy protections should be on the table, but we get concessions too. Fair trade.

Have some fucking pride.

wait so i get cheaper opiods and also get to watch canada burn in tit for tat trade war escalation

what are we going to do? cut off maple syrup? drumpf btfo

Please do this.

>We also have weapons we can deploy if Trump goes nuclear.
Deploy the mecha-beavers.

Attached: mechabeaver.png (520x390, 127K)

It would be win-win really. Everyone gets cheaper drugs and the pharmas get BTFO. But congress won't let that happen, because they are all bought and paid for by big pharma. Hence, leverage.

Hard to have pride when our own PM doesn't. Its called being reasonable and understanding Canada has no fucking leverage. The Liberals have done everything in their power to choke industry and now they're doing everything they can to chase away foreign investment and trade. Neck yourself.

As context, Brazil threatened to do this before, and US immediately folded and gave concessions.

You aren't wrong never met a bunch of so naive yet full of unwarranted self importance people in my life and bear in mind we live next door to the French.

Read the posts. You clearly have zero clue about trade negotiations. I hate Trudeau too, but just because he's a dumbfuck doesn't mean I want to see Canada get a bad deal we are stuck with for the forseeable future.

link? It's very interesting, although to be fair US willingly gave away shit without much regard in trade all the time and people are fed up with it now

Fruiteau should've made a better deal.

Attached: 1526870018327.jpg (945x630, 406K)

>Void US pharma patents
Their Canadian divisions won't let that happen.

We can shut down your entire country good luck selling pills with the American navy blocking your ports.

Attached: download.png (1280x720, 1.42M)

I'm going to vote for Mad Max and his new party

Bet the retards who voted against that pipeline in Canada going to be regretting that one in a few years when they are literally sucking American dicks for food.

trudeau scared off over $100 billion in investments since 2017 began

This, exactly this. Nearly all canadians ive met are like this, especially the young. The one exception was a family i met whose dad served in the canadian army and was actually pretty woke. Go figure.

ictsd.org/bridges-news/bridges/news/brazil-takes-aim-at-us-intellectual-property-in-cotton-dispute

>"The new retaliatory measures include the suspension - without compensation, and for a fixed period of time - of intellectual property rights on pharmaceuticals; chemicals and biotech products for agricultural use; and copyrights on music, books, and films and other audiovisual products."

The US folded before Brazil could carry through with the threat.

Antigua also did similar with other IP's, USA also caved on that too. ANTIGUA.

IP is the US achille's heal. You don't want to use the threat unless you're out of other options though, because it is a huge escalation.

dont worry canada you only got 1 more year of trudea you will get through this!

What do you think Trump is trying to do? His mission is to save Western civilization.

Frank is a fucking schizo that has never provided any proof.

he wasnt wrong about canada

Why are Trumpfaggots so desperate to suck this man's cock? You niggers elected him for his Mexico hate and wall shit, and now that he's all friendly with Mexico, you're just glad that he's fucking with us leafs. You guys stand for nothing beyond worshiping this guy's every move.

NAFTA was a shit deal for Canada to begin with.

And now Drumpf wants to make us sign a worse deal.

Fuck it. Life will go on without NAFTA and Canadians will be better off.

WHAT? look how canada puts their most beautiful women on camera.....
HAHAHAHHAHHAA

Attached: OHcanada.png (625x343, 385K)

I honestly wish I knew why that is. My family moved here from England when I was young and raised me with British sensibilities, so I've never really considered myself Canadian. Of course, nowadays I just consider myself European, what with how pathetic England has become as well.

Just bring it, I wanna rek some mutt burgers on the grill. You can have Toronto for all I care, I just wanna piece at you shit talkers.

Hahahahahahahah, dude just finish us off. Our economy is fucking over. Hope you found a job recently, because you're not going to find one now.

checked

Attached: castro.png (830x6480, 3.84M)

Hmmm, I wonder what Trudeau could have done to piss off Trump...

Attached: Trump Israel.png (1062x1446, 1.7M)

Attached: canazion.jpg (308x164, 12K)

the idea of 'brainwashing' seems bogus until you meet a canadian millenial.

thanks. they did an agreement with brazil in 2010 to pay brazilian cotton farms a couple million per year, but then stopped doing it in 2013. hahaha fucking savage

Words
Actions.

Soros gives the word, justine does the acting

Attached: soros&justin.jpg (586x468, 89K)

>(((NAFTA)))

Imagine being this brainwashed by the ZOG globalist kikes you think you need globalism to prosper economically. Maybe you should be worrying about getting mohammed his next British schoolgirl to rape, Nigel Al-Britaini.

>Harper
He's just attacking to attack.
In reality, Trump can't do shit to affect NAFTA. Only congress can and they're not about to affect the millions of American jobs that rely upon supply chains involved with Canada. All our PM has to do is wait out Trump. New president incoming in Mexico, and likely a democratic house.
Also you should leave the UK and go back to pakistan, the goats miss your tender love.

So all you have to do to win the trade war is completely dismantle intellectual properties in another country, begin to produce 'it' yourself, not having the patent in hand and all, then at the end of it you expect to export said product back to the country where you just shit on all their laws? You legitimately think that's how trade works? Damn, I've seen some dumbass Canadians before, before never in my life one on par with your delusions.

Like nigger, if you want to turn into literal Cuba by not signing a trade deal with us, be my guest, but don't pretend the US isn't your biggest market and that you most definitely need the US more than we need you.

Attached: 1280x720-4NO.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

What happens if the US imposes an embargo on canada like it did russia or iran?

Just curious.

Attached: HUE can into space.jpg (225x386, 39K)

What Soro would benefit from Trudeau not supporting Israel? It doesn't make sense here

>posts a twitter-tier meme image
Tick-tock buddy, 2020 is on it's way and I absolutely cannot wait to see Trump's legacy dismantled.

Canada is pretty much fucked. USA is fucked but can still survive.

Wouldn't happen though, Trump can't go alone on that and states that trade with Canada (most) would block it, regardless of Dem/Rep.

I'd be shocked if Trump doesn't win cause the democrat party's in shambles instead of fixing their party they're constantly crying for impeachment

So if the US embargoes you and lifts the embargo on russia, they're fucked?

How exactly?

Sounds like the US would be fine without importing your wheat, milk and natural gas.

say goodbye to your fave faggot trudy next year
Trump will be around til 2024
Then Rand Paul til 2032
Suck it maple nigger

Attached: 1530027199968.png (1862x1082, 364K)

nothing is going to change Congress has to approve any changes to nafta

Attached: 1523880200710.png (1920x1471, 2.56M)

Fucking fag canadians gotta learn somehow. Get trudeau the fuck out of there and elect a real leader.

If Trudeau caves on dairy then he will lose Quebec in the next election. They are REEEEEE'ing hard over this

Attached: Justin-Trudeau.jpg (640x360, 35K)

That'd be good for Bernier. I'd be very curious to see how he and Trump get along.

>le just curious

Knew it.

First of all, Russia's economy is smaller than Canada's. Russia could not replace Canada's exports/imports in any meaningful way. Russia is also corrupt as hell, so that would be fun.

Second, the impact on individual states would be much more severe than the USA as a whole. While the US as a whole would undoubtedly immediately enter recession, individual states that rely on Canadian imports/exports would be crippled, requiring massive federal intervetion (a lot of tax money). It would be a national crisis. The US could tough through it, but generally people would become poorer, which is never a good thing.

This is all fantasy though, because it won't happen. It was hard enough to sanction Iran despite them attacking US naval assets, funding terrorists groups attacking US allies and just generally being extremely hostile to the US.

Embargoing Canada? That's not even in the cards.

Attached: cuck.jpg (960x814, 159K)

>he thinks I like Trudeau
AHAHAHAHAHA
Nah, I can't wait to get what I want on BOTH sides of the border these coming years.

nice copes bro

I agree US would probably go into a recession but it wouldn't last too long there's nothing we need from Canada and industries only moved over the border to take advantage of NAFTA...which is why a lot of (US) Americans don't like it. for Canada it would be much much worse. Almost every provence is more dependent on their US connection than with their neighboring provence. Sorry I don't know how to spell provence. This is especially true of Alberta, which is the only revenue positive provence. If they were cut from the US petroleum infrastructure the canadian oil industry would just die

That’s ok Canada we will be ur friend instead

Attached: EED5CFA9-498C-433F-861F-484475CD40A2.png (657x527, 13K)

Why all the hate? When has Canada become a threat to the US?

I'm honestly shocked he's not backing down

Attached: 464646464.png (979x567, 289K)

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME, TRUDY

no hate just agree to a couple things to make trade more fair. Buy our butter. You offend our beautiful dairy farmers when you refuse. Do not resell us chinese steel. This is not so hard why do you make us threaten you

Good. It's about time the US starts acting like it should. There are no equals in geopolitics

People like Trudeau are a threat to the West in general.

Agreed that Canada would definitely be much worse off than the US. There is no doubt about that at all.

However, there are things you need from us. Primarily, access to our export market. US exports more goods to Canada than Canada exports to US. We are the largest market for US goods. That's a fact. Jobs are gone if trade with Canada is cut. Lots of jobs. Those won't come back, the rest of the world isn't going to pick up the slack from cutting off your largest export market, there is no goodwill and no excess demand.

But again, this isn't even a a realistic possibility. Unless Trump got rid of congress and became king and felt like breaking more things.

>Unless Trump got rid of congress and became king and felt like breaking more things.

Attached: 57b66b188ea07.jpg (594x412, 75K)

Trudeau is harmless.
How can a little more milk sales possibly make a difference? We already imported derived milk products labels in a way to be allowed.
The Chinese steel issue should be fixed but you can play the same game exporting Chinese steel in Canada passing it as US.

>Trudeau is harmless.
To people trying to fuck his wife and kids, maybe. To the Canadian economy? Not so much.

For a cup of Timmy Horton's she'd let you fist her up to the elbow.

The dollar is up.
Canadian Markets are up.
Unemployment is down.
(As of yesterday)
So he’s doing better that though.

Trump is a bigger threat to the West by far.

>Buy our butter
And in exchange, would the US be willing to stop unfairly subsidizing the dairy industry in the US? I think that would be fair, because it would allow both countries to compete in a free market on a level playing field.

>Do not resell us chinese steel
This has already been fixed, but I agree with it.

Now, onto the actual issues. The US wants to scrap arbitration for disputes. Basically, they want all disputes (breaches of the agreement) to go through US trade courts instead of international arbitrators. This is what Canada is standing up for primarily. Not that it even matters though, USA ignores the rulings of the arbitration court on most issues anyways (Canada has level well over a dozen cases regarding US levying illegal tariffs on softwood lumber, but USA refuses to remove tariffs or provide compensation)

All thanks to America. Meanwhile, Trudeau has chased away $100B in foreign investments.

google.ca/amp/s/business.financialpost.com/news/economy/trump-may-wreck-canadian-economy-but-not-before-he-gives-it-a-big-boost/amp

Some of the hottest women in the world in my opinion. Better than any British slag you bucktoothed tea swilling paki.

Why aren’t Americans not complaining about not being able to sell to Cuba, NK or Iran instead?

they are fat as fuck. like you are probably

>3 negatives in a sentence

Please rewrite that in a way that wouldn't fail you in a Highschool English course.

it's like he's stuck on a mental gymnastics course

Mad Max is our only hope

Attached: max bernier.jpg (656x369, 25K)