I think the 2nd amendment should be modernized, to keep it in historical perspective. When it was written...

I think the 2nd amendment should be modernized, to keep it in historical perspective. When it was written, the USA was combined of 13 states that extended only a few hundred miles into a landmass that was many times wider. If an invading army attacked from the sea and flanked from the rear, they could separate the country into two masses and proceed to conquer, hence why it was important that every citizen was armed. But now, our geographical layout of large cities across a span of land that includes two mountain ranges and a large very large plain makes the USA literally impossible to invade and conquer with only brute strength. This difference means the 2nd amendment is a relic of the past, a past where the USA was strategically weak. Now we know all of our firearms will never be used on an invading force, and will only be used on the brothers and sisters of our collective nation. Why do we encourage this?

Attached: 004-states-and-territories-of-the-united-states-of-america-may-26-1790-to-march-4-1791.png (1000x677, 48K)

SHALL

>should

NOT

NOT

Would an offensive laser be covered by the 2nd Amendment? It's not really a "gun" in the sense of a projectile weapon.

I think slavery should be reinstated. Guess what our ideas have in common?

Show me where the 2nd says "gun". Tbh I think the common understanding of the amendment ought to be expanded to include heavy weaponry as well, since it's what the founding fathers intended.

>Now we know all of our firearms will never be used on an invading force, and will only be used on the brothers and sisters of our collective nation. Why do we encourage this?
Because that's the point. The bill of rights is not the government granting citizens rights, it's thr government agreeing not to infringe on rights we already have. The second amendment is specifically about overthrowing tyrannical government, and killing loyalist "brothers and sisters" who would have us in chains.

Slavery was outlawed because it was a relic of the past too.

Which is why we should go back into the 2nd amendment and modernize it to today's world. We should rethink 18th century ideas for the stability of our collective future.

BE

No one is saying to get rid of all the guns. I'm saying we need to go through it and make changes. The firearms industry is a $13-14 BILLION dollar industry, and like any large industry should be constantly scrutinized for its legitimacy.

Guns gave weaklings power they should not have by natural law, if you're a true fascist like me you should lobby to ban them.

What legitimacy needs to be scrutinized? Are you saying they shouldnt exist because they make money, or are you wondering how they make so much money? And what changes? There is already some many rules and regulations as is, what more do you need?

((( )))
>the 2nd amendment is a relic of the past
don't you have some poz cum to suck out of a warm hole somewhere?

You know what’s not a relic? The constitution. It outlines a real clear path to achieving your plan.
Good luck.

Oh that's cute, you think slavery is a relic of the past and that you'll be totally safe if we give up out weapons because everyone understands slavery is baaaaad. Or maybe you're the shill who want's to enslave? Either way why don't you go to Europe and get raped by some immigrant while the police watch cause they guy has a real scary knife. See how you feel about guns then.

>Now we know all of our firearms will never be used on an invading force
Says who?
>and will only be used on the brothers and sisters of our collective nation
Implying some of them don't need to be dealt with in such a fashion.
>collective
just another fancy word for lazy thieves trying to steal from productive people.

I agree, the 2nd Amendment should be modernized. The 2nd Amendment of today is definitely NOT what the Founders envisioned when they wrote the Bill of Rights. When they were writing the constitution, the civilian population and military were armed with the same equipment, namely muskets. Since that time, various lawmakers and judges have decided that *some* firearms should only be in the hands of State and Federal entities. This lack of firearm equality is appalling and completely outside of the norms established by the Founders.

Attached: 1493361392709.gif (701x418, 782K)

Totally approve this, citizens should own McTanks and McNukes

You have no idea what you're talking about. The US would've been invaded several times over in the past century if the citizens were disarmed. China is most interested in the US disarming right now because they believe a land invasion of the US is imminent. Do you have any idea the importance of being armed and self-sufficient? Do you understand the implications of disarming? Do you know that right this very moment terrorist organizations and violent street gangs live among you, unchecked and unchallenged if not for the 2nd amendment? I don't just mean if you live in a bad neighborhood. Dumbasses like you severely underestimate how hostile the world around them is. Humanity is not a tamed beast, nor will it ever be. The 2nd amendment is both a deterrent against tyranny and invasion, and a failsafe in the event of collapse of liberty. The left is progressing a slow march toward civil war as we speak, and the MSM is amplifying this march hoping to see chaos, carnage and death. And the side you think will fight for you will turn on you in the end. You'd have to be an absolute retard to think the 2nd amendment is a right worth giving up for any reason. Protect yourself and your family, or go kill yourself before giving your sleeper enemy the pleasure.

I agree 100%, OP. Firearms are irrelevant in the defense against external tyrannies.
Citizens used to own private warships.
I should be allowed to own and operate a tank or fighter jet.

A well armed citizenry is a positive no matter what.

>Firearms are irrelevant in the defense against external tyrannies
What are you talking about? I know you're being facetious, but firearms are the most effective tool in modern warfare. Until body armor makes advances at least.

INFRINGED

It was modernized in ' 68
You'll take and take and take. The compromise is over. We compromised, we have the moral high ground. Not one more inch.

>relic of the past
>muh military
Yes I feel extremely confidant that our military will competently defend our homeland in case of imminent attack.

Attached: 1535641863119.jpg (2000x1335, 566K)