Architecture thread

Weekly architecture thread.
Brutalistfags and modernshits are not welcome.

Attached: 01_fortepan.jpg (2000x2117, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOzH02Pko4w
buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/15-gorgeous-photos-of-the-old-cincinnati-library?utm_term=.pwjva02rr#.ued8n1Wyy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping with Wrath.

Attached: tmp_9456-DKDWhDDVAAA9dqO522000459.jpg (1200x927, 176K)

Attached: dome.jpg (1300x703, 812K)

Attached: elizabeth bridge.jpg (1009x1438, 911K)

Attached: 01_-_fejlec_0.jpg (950x576, 253K)

Attached: 0b980797-47ee-4aa6-ab90-3cda7b6b3fa5.jpg (1282x1714, 990K)

Attached: tumblr_pba6ha0hL21sliy76o1_1280.jpg (1100x428, 210K)

Attached: leveltar2.jpg (1310x844, 466K)

Attached: tumblr_pb4q0hhQvY1sliy76o1_1280.jpg (1280x709, 413K)

Attached: tumblr_pb1xtnhcxt1sliy76o1_500h.jpg (1615x500, 272K)

Attached: bud1.jpg (1168x1624, 1.31M)

WTFFFF

WHYYYY

Are you gonna post same pictures every week?
Go to skyscrapper city there are a lof ot news from hungary.

Attached: 1374054410516.gif (500x263, 499K)

This will never stop upsetting me. The story behind it is cruel and unusual

Attached: 1507977407646.jpg (1698x1131, 366K)

that one hurts user....

Isnt alot of this because everything got blown to shit in WW2 and most countries didn't have the money/time to re-build them to their former glory?

Like, a lot of what I see can be explained by simplification and cost-cutting
>the origionals are clearly superior though

close, but the main factor is a fact that the mindset has changed, stupid engineering schools are educating people how to work safe and cheap, cause this is where the work is
there is no more dignity in it, no more splendor
all of that is because everybody counts everyone elses shekels
democracy is the main culprit

Attached: Dancing_house_1945-2010[1].jpg (2817x3855, 2.89M)

>civilizational development
ignoring the noise from CCP propaganda and comparing Western and east Asian civilization, objectively, based on ancient city footprints, we observe that Western civilization contains more than 4000 ancient cities older than 2000 years and far exceeds east Asia which barely contains a dozen ancient cities. east Asian civilization was a collection of peasant villages that do not even rival the complex network of thousands of large ancient cities of Western civilization

list of ancient, complex european cities with extensive infrastructure still evident

greater than 3k yrs old: Athens, Argos, Santorini, Corinth, Knossos, Mycenae, Cádiz, Siena, Granada, Barcelona, Lisbon, Marseille, Cagliari....

greater than 2k yrs old: Rome, Syracuse, Vienna, London, Lyon, Milan, Naples, Paris, Padua, Augsburg, Córdoba, Venice, Trier, Cologne, Autun, Ypres, Toulouse, Salonika, Speyer, Ravenna, Pozzuoli, Philippi, Marseilles, Messina, Genoa, Worms, Florence, Feodosia, Constantinople, Nuremberg, Bologna, Narbonne, Palermo, Brussels, Dublin, Kiev, Lublin, Leuven, Seville, Plovdiv, Évora, Cork, Béziers...

Madrid, Hamburg, Ghent, Berlin, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Prague, Moscow...

In comparison, china has virtually 0 complex ancient cities with extensive infrastructure that is still evident, not even beijing has ancient city infrastructure and remnants!

yes, Europe went thru thousands of wars, yet thousands of ancient Western cities still have ancient buildings! China was always a glorified collection of primitive peasant rice farming villages and 1 hive queen in the shitty Imperial village to control them. Based on European standards, China never had an ancient settlement to even qualify as a city.

That’s stupid and whoever made it needs to be beat up

In the Eastern Bloc, most buildings were simplified or demolished due to political reasons (Königsberg Castle was demolished since it was the symbol of Prussinas, Buda Castle was gutted out completely since it was the symbol of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy and the Museum of international movements was moved there).
Pre-WWII buildings' ornaments and domes/towers were often smashed/demolished, since the modernist movement viewed it as a useless kitsch.
Almost every Eastern Bloc country had projects that wanted to demolish city centers, but due to the lack of money, these plans remained plans.
In Western Europe, traditional buildings were also viewed as useless kitsch and were often demolished for cheap high rises.
>tl;dr: politics ruined traditional architecture in the East, while the market did the same in the West.

Attached: ruin.png (562x1300, 1.61M)

War, incompetence and commies.

>countries with stolen capitals

these threads make me sad. The splendor and wonder of our past is stolen and hidden from us.

By the way, great idea for a thread. And I participated in these threads in the past. But what's the deal with just posting the buildings? This is 'pol', not an art thread. Explain something about the cultural heritage of the building, or its significance to the country.

Otherwise, the point seems to be: this is what white people do, and niggers can't/won't.

Attached: White People_2.jpg (1280x1280, 261K)

feelbadman

>Are you gonna post same pictures every week
I'll post them until some user goes crazy and starts to throw molotov cocktails on the nearest brutalist building

Attached: k7.jpg (1200x600, 423K)

i dont understand
keep dreaming,you are on Jow Forums.you wil ldo nothing

>he p-p-posted the bridge

Your countries we're facists literally Hitler

Fine by me.
Pic related is the Corvin shopping center, Hungary's first modern "mall" from the 20s, it also had the country's first escalator.
It's is now a protected building, during the commie era, it gradually fell into disrepair, WWII damage was never repaired and it was further damaged in the 1956 revolution.
Instead of renovating the facade, the Reds decided to simply cover it with aluminum in the 1960s-70s. Everyone criticized the new facade, the architect's answer was: "people will get used to it".
The aluminum cover was removed recently, the building will get a full renovation.

Attached: corvin-aruhaz.jpg (570x752, 113K)

And this is what was under the cover.
That's a huge amount of pigeon shit.

Attached: corv.jpg (1541x5256, 3.66M)

The Mária Magdolna Church.
the foundation of the church dates back to the early medieval ages. After WWII, architects wanted to renovate it to its original Gothic look.
Construction works started, but the our commie goblin dictator decided to turn the church into his pantheon. The church was demolished, only the tower remained, since it would have been part of the new building.
1956 came, the tower is now a war memorial, no one knows what to do with it.

Attached: mm.jpg (1798x4648, 3.74M)

St. Nicholas' Church
A Gothic revival masterpiece from the early 1800s, formerly the tallest building of Hamburg and the world.
It was destroyed during a bombing campaign in WWII. Even though it's an important architectural landmark, there are no plans to rebuild it.

Attached: Nikolaikirche001.jpg (800x561, 82K)

Attached: 1527520016154.jpg (2898x3883, 1.79M)

Attached: haas.jpg (1047x2058, 1.48M)

Erkel Theater.
The theater was never successful, it even closed for a few years in the 2000s. I don't have a lot of info about it, all I know it got its new facade after WWII

Attached: erk.jpg (1000x1271, 539K)

Attached: gate.jpg (1005x2377, 1.68M)

Regnum Marianum. Built in the 1920s to commemorate the downfall of the 1919 soviet republic, demolished due to political reasons after WWII.
It took a lot of TNTs to bring it down.

Attached: RegnumMarianum_templom.jpg (1200x641, 128K)

Original plans

Attached: RegnumMarianum_templom terv.jpg (1602x1205, 356K)

Ruins

Attached: regnum romjai.jpg (515x308, 30K)

The new cuckchurch

Attached: regnumhorror.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

want to build a house

Attached: 728905-001_aliev_dronov_blogspot_com_1600-1000-a542d8629a-1484645576.jpg (1000x603, 131K)

>commieblocks in the background
old shit meets new shit

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-13 [Budapest] Budai Várnegyed Buda Castle District Developments - Page 801 - Sky (958x1749, 477K)

rate my family's old castle

Attached: novellara_rocca(1).jpg (364x273, 56K)

Attached: k5.jpg (1200x600, 360K)

in memory of the fallen world trees.. God's architecture.

Attached: Devils_Tower_Darton_1900.jpg (1021x1400, 1.04M)

3/10
>no ramparts
>no moat
>no fortification towers
Is this a brothel

4/10
Looks more like a monastery than a castle

This is true
and I was just jokin about the brothel bro
bretty gud

looks like a fat girls vagina when shes bending over.

Attached: 1254065842_2.jpg (578x750, 132K)

Lubyanka, right?

Yep.

pastvu. com
Great site.

These threads are simultaneously the best and worst. I get so angry that no one desires beauty anymore.

We all want the beauty but we don't want the civilization that inspired and built this beauty.
Which means getting rid of secular republics and classical liberalism ["freedom" of speech, religious "liberty", etc].
Only a religious civilization can return us to the beauty of Christendom

I'll post more if i get back to my computer before thread dies.

Care to share?

I don't think the average person desires any such thing these days. Such feelings would be fostered in a society that's proud of itself. The people i see are too absorbed in hedonism. Beauty and order takes a huge collective effort by people that are willing to sacrifice for it.

This piqued my interest as well.
Yes, any talk of a Confessional Christian State (from Protestants or Catholics) is compared to the Saudi kingdom.
Unfortunately even many in the Church hierarchy are among this diabolical opinion.

Whirlwind status: reaped

Attached: 16D68C5F-3587-461E-BA1E-0A35B00F0C1E.png (460x568, 48K)

All the women, fags and kikes complained that the old shit was too "gaudy" and out of place so instead they replaced with with 90 degree flat white walls and grey drab squares and rectangles because apparently to them that means "progress". Destroying actual works of art and replacing it with cardboard boxes to them is "progressive"

disgusting

The old town of Hildesheim prior to destruction. Just 100 of the 1600 medieval half timbered houses survived the raid which took place just 3 weeks before the end of the war.

Attached: fm931699a.jpg (1604x1200, 470K)

china BTFO

Attached: 1534371194265.png (800x5132, 810K)

The town square following reconstruction.

Attached: IMG_0007.jpg (1146x818, 240K)

Attached: 1516309922264.jpg (1016x1524, 373K)

Attached: 1516310936647.png (818x1832, 1.94M)

Attached: 1521236979817.jpg (1008x803, 180K)

niggers, not even once

Attached: 1527892030883.jpg (898x960, 151K)

Attached: tear down church.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Attached: easter 5th av nyc 1890.jpg (1200x876, 509K)

Representing Jewish contributions to architecture and society.

Attached: Libeskind - Dresden.jpg (550x278, 33K)

Attached: 1516309127533.jpg (963x633, 216K)

this was america once. my collection isn't as large on this comp as my other

Attached: aerial view of court of honor.jpg (1200x915, 126K)

youtube.com/watch?v=dOzH02Pko4w

video of old penn station. got torn down for a more (((modern))) one

Detroit's just sad. Looking at census data for other cities like Detroit that are mostly black you can see just more and more people leaving as each year goes by. No one wants to fucking live there and no business wants to start up there

Attached: Detroit.jpg (890x615, 130K)

Attached: Brick Ceiling.jpg (2000x1331, 675K)

>no business wants to start up there
Detroit existed how and where it did because at the time American actually created and manufactured things.

Since the Zionists have eviscerated America there's not much business happening anywhere, and important and beautiful as it once was the decaying Great Lakes region wouldn't be today's best place to start one.

Attached: mahart.jpg (640x435, 224K)

Attached: Mx1UAe9.jpg (1200x1521, 714K)

This one brings me joy. It's poetic, like watching karma catching up the shitbrain Christians who utterly annihilated the beauty and works of Pagan antiquity for their Jewish messiah. Fuck that Church. It brings me joy to see it collapse.

Looked better collapsed

>thinking geographic location matters in CY+3
nigger, nobody goes to detroit because it is full of 50 IQ apes that destroy anything they are near. sure, the loss of manufacturing hurt. but what hurt worse was the deliberate and methodical importation of the spooks into the city.

>utterly annihilated the beauty and works of Pagan antiquity
okay Varg
you don't get to claim Roman paganism for your snownigger movement

Attached: grass-hut.jpg (1717x967, 283K)

>t. larping brainlet
well it's being demolished to build a mosque. congrats. you should drink bleach you literal parasite. the christians weren't nearly as destructive as communism (aka athiesm) and islam and yet here you are celebrating replacing the former with the later.

>Le Varg Meme

Christians destroyed tens of thousands of statues, thousands of monuments, and millions of artifacts made made by fine goldsmiths and stone/wood carvers, all for their foreign religion. Kill yourself, Christcuck.

Well cool. Now you know how our Native European ancestors felt when the fucking Christians came around slaughtering them and destroying their heritage that was thousands of years old. You fucking pile of human shit.

>statues, monuments, golden artifacts
what about buildings though? surely they wouldn't have disassembled them. the sandniggers' pyramids are still around. can you point to a single vikang building or do we just take your word for those million golden artifacts you mention?

Buda Castle.
Oh boy, what a story.
Part 1:
The original, medieval Buda Castle was a huge fortress and castle in the heart of Hungary. The original castle was Gothic, obviously. The castle area was really big, in fact, today it's a separate district in Budapest (Castle District/ District I). The castle could be divided to two parts: The town area, where the people lived and the Palace area.
The Buda Palace was one of the many residences of the kings of Hungary. the original palace was, as I mentioned before, Gothic, but as time went on, the Palace was constantly expanded and reconstructed in the current architectural styles. It had, the expansions were mostly done in late Gothic style, but the real deal was the Castle's reconstruction in Renaissance style by King Matthias. The Palace became a richly decorated royal palace unique in Europe, with red marble rooms and bronze statues of Hungarian kings and Antique heroes.
So where did it go wrong.
Well, the Turks came. The castle was burned down, sacked and besieged numerous times, but the palace was sturdy and didn't collapse. The bronze statues were moved to Istanbul and were destroyed. the Turks didn't destroy the palace, even Ottoman scholars came to the city and were amazed by the highly decorated Palace.
But the palace constantly fell into disrepair and later it was converted to a military storage. For 150 years, the roofs were leaking and the some floors collapsed, the palace looked like one of those abandoned castle's in fantasy games.
this palace was destroyed during the recapture of Buda. 500 tonnes of gunpowder was stored in the Palace. It got a direct hut and the entire castle exploded, causing a mini tsunami on the other side of the Danube.
This was the original palace. pic related: what the palace looked like and the outline of the pre-WWII palace

Attached: Lux_Rekonstr_rajz_rávetítve_a_Hauszmann-félére_1920.jpg (1447x815, 746K)

>Uruguay

Who fucking cares what you have to say. Fuck off.

>uda Palace was one of the many residences of the kings of Hungary. the original

Attached: ls0J.jpg (850x429, 61K)

Ignore the retard text.
Pic related was the gothic church near the palace

Attached: wsz_zm_ria.png (800x701, 489K)

>christians did
citation needed.

and no, i don't. because if anything, it would've been the romans. and the romans didn't destory everything related to mythology when they converted to christianity. i'm not there was nothing destroyed, but there was no widespread purge like The Four Olds. you're angry at other europeans letting centuries old architecture get destroyed because in 400 AD some christian stepped on a sacred hovel or something.

i suspect you aren't even white.

And the Romanesque church next to it. This was demolished a few years after the Gothic church was completed.

Attached: wp_ter_sp_l.jpg (800x533, 27K)

This is Edinburgh correct?

>they had a million golden artifacts, look at my burger flag, you can trust me

kek, nice larp creatura, we both know you're 1/64th norwegian

Don't want to post them all, but this used to be our Library, it's been demo'd obviously.

buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/15-gorgeous-photos-of-the-old-cincinnati-library?utm_term=.pwjva02rr#.ued8n1Wyy

Attached: enhanced-buzz-orig-1782-1374872170-43.jpg (715x706, 95K)

>the generations prior to us lived in a world with architecture and buildings that we only see in video games as outlandish representations of buildings only possible with magic
>they gave it all up so their kids could live near niggers
my rage is deep and immeasurable

Attached: 1514000685758.gif (500x500, 210K)