Trump denying 2% Pay Raise to Federal Workers

For or Against Trump this is a dick move

President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he was scrapping a planned pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."

"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

An across-the-board 2.1% pay increase for federal workers was slated to take effect in January

Attached: Screenshot_20180830-124418_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x2220, 614K)

>For or Against Trump this is a dick move
Eat shit loser

oh noez not the federal government employees!

>refuse to pay worthless gub scum more money to push pencils
not seeing the dick move here

I didn't get a raise this year either. Grow up boomers

You mean the same employees who have been obstructing justice and have been against Trump's administration since the beginning?
How could this happen?

Good opening salvo. He's pressuring Congress to send him proper budget bills, not some Cromnibus monstrosity. This will wake them all up.

you right, all those faggots should go on strike, if they had the balls.
Oh wait, nobody would even fucking notice

Attached: 1532451823771.png (560x768, 801K)

>womp womp

They're free to go out and see if they are worth more to the private sector. (Protip: (((Federal))) jobs are just makework for otherwise unemployable women and mud races)

Absolute dick move. He should have reduced their pay. Same with Congress

Magapede here. Not gonna lie this is a dick move.

Working for the Government is a public service. If you want to make money, work in the private sector. Government wages should be capped at 25k.

How is this a dick move?

This is so overdue.

Cut every lawmaker's annual salary by 10% and that would probably make up a 2% raise for everyone else.

>For or Against Trump...
>This isn't about politics...

Womp womp

For.
Freeze their pay.
Cut the federal workforce in half.
Decrease their pensions.
After all, they are the Deep State.
They shouldn't be making more than those in the private sector.

It used to be more like that. Now, federal workers make more on average than private sector employees with comparable jobs.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT WAGES AREN'T KEEPING UP WITH INFLATION

Attached: purchasing_power_money_circulation.png (565x329, 95K)

>"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.
Yes!
This is why he was elected.

Welcome to the real world, parasites

This should be changed.

those jobs are cozy and overpaid.
they will be just fine

Agree. Fed employees already have great benefits and pay and get yearly raises even when military doesn't

>saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.
But it could support a trillion dollar taxcut for richfags? ROFL,the next president will be a democrat. Fuck Trump

butthurt federal worker detected

federal workers make almost twice as much as private sector workers, have better benefits, and are nearly impossible to fire. I've only ever met one federal worker (a mailman) in my life who lost his job.

This. Fuck the scum go*T workers.

Serious question. Can this thing affect republicans chances in November?

Omfg I'm soooooooo mad I don't get to see my extra $10 a week before taxes