3d printed building

Neat

marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/08/30/no-sandbags-needed-marines-3d-print-a-barracks-room-in-40-hours/

Attached: E2F90813-6A17-458E-BDE1-288960A43745.jpg (600x422, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wCzS2FZoB-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like a ant nest.

They should open source it and let the community finish developing it

What the fuck was wrong with sandbags and plywood

it is open source
and you can build one if you want
the trick is learning how to make your mix so it's not soupy or thick enough to blow the pump

Looks awful

but you can build one using the normal methods in 3 hours

they re-invented mud huts?

In article it says 10 soldiers 5 days.. or something like that

youtube.com/watch?v=wCzS2FZoB-I

This.

This invention is because marines can't learn simple construction.

t. Once a marine, always a marine.

Pretty cool, but it will be a long time before this method is employed to build permanent housing for citizens.

Holy shit.

If the Marines can do this in a couple of days, think of the implications for homebuilding.

The building industry is going to collapse once bricks are being printed.

I agree, possibilities are nuts.... Wall, cough cough

And it's eaaily doable, too. Lay liquid clay under a searing hot laser that sets it 95% of the way. The next layer goes down, the remaining 5% comes through that layer and sets the lower layer to the upper. Rinse and repeat. "Print" grout between the bricks, no special treatment necessary.

>houses and apartments will be made of plastic in your lifetime
I want to go back.

it will look good after they stucco it

We’re trying to get rid of Mexicans

>okay buildings finished now get back to painting rocks.

Theres another dude making aeorocrete domes using similar methods. Pretty cool imo

i see what you mean, give this technology to Mexicans and they will essentially become paper wasps.

>as-if they aren't doing that already
I guarantee somewhere in CA someone is doing that alongside the trend of those shipping containers being used as "apartments."

3d print mud huts for Muslims and Africans... refugee crisis solved..

Attached: 1535664144601.gif (480x270, 1.48M)

its not competitive or aesthetic at early stages but the more mature form of this technology will be

Looks like a fucking mudhut.

How soon until we can build houses with lego type materials?
They would be big and would just clip onto others and just like that humans across the world can have access to shelter.

The locusts of Revelations?

It's not great right now but it's the growing pains of the industry/science of it. I could see this being really effective in 10-20 years where instead of having to fly in all sorts of shit to build a base you can just roll up and 3d print it from local materials.

You'll still have artisinial houses made of wood and stone like a proper house. Sadly this won't make housing prices cheaper because it's more location than material that inflate the house prices.

I'd kind of worry it would feed crony nepotism to see even more housing blight where there isn't any necessary houses. Basically China's ghost-cities here in the US where contractors get kickbacks to build lots of houses where there isn't a market or need for them.

>WW2 style suburban sprawl boom of 3d printed houses for dindus and miguels that make even more suburban blight and traffic nightmares

SHIT

They could test it in Detroit... just 3d print a block or two and see how long it takes the dindus to destroy it.

scary thought

Sand it.