Trump cancels pay raises for federal employees

cnn.com/2018/08/30/politics/trump-cancels-federal-employee-pay-raises/index.html

>Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told lawmakers on Thursday he wants to scrap a pay raise for civilian federal workers, saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.
>In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Trump described the pay increase as "inappropriate."
>"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

I fucking love this timeline

Attached: 180820020542-donald-trump-aug-1-exlarge-16-9.jpg (780x439, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2010/11/30/us/politics/30freeze.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GS-9 reporting in. I am totally fine with this, his tax cuts are saving me about 18K this year from the looks of it.

good, fuck them
my healthcare is fucking awful and I didn't get a fucking raise

Good.

>Tax cut for the wealthy
>increasing military spending
>suddenly budget couldn't support federal employess

Remerber when rebublicucks pretended to care about budget deficit and US debt?
God,why republicuks are such hypocritical peices of shit?

Attached: lel.jpg (510x430, 36K)

not enough money left-over after sending it all to israel

Attached: trump zionism 50.jpg (1242x1304, 604K)

They don't let him do much but what he does is based.

Hush now Russia

>saying the nation's budget couldn't support it.

so basically no pay raises for anyone, accept israel, a space farce/pentagon, and trillions in tax cuts for corporations. while working class america rotts away.

You must be really pleasant IRL, always looking for the negative...

It's the truth, why not go after real waste, like the pentegon, what happened to the $600 toilet seats or all the other useless shit. lets just forget about those.

Government workers are lazy sacks of shit. Nothing earned, nothing given.

Gotta start somewhere. He should go after military/israel too.

The pay raise is a cost of living adjustment. It tracks inflation. Without it, we are getting an effective pay cut. This makes it harder to retain talent and the optics make it harder to recruit. That said, I know many of my coworkers are grossly inefficient and incompetent, and a few are outright malicious, so it's not like we're recruiting and retaining talent anyway. And this happened once or twice during Obama's term. CNN didn't mention that.

We should fire 80-90% of government employees.

BASED
go fuck yourselves, parasites

Lol bitch ass if you're a gs9 you barely make 18k a year

A GS9 doesn't even pay $18k in federal taxes you fucking moron.

The Feds actually get a ton of top school grads. I went Yale/Duke grad/undergrad and a lot of us went into federal jobs despite the lower pay.

That said, a wage freeze isnt a huge deal, although it's poorly timed since inflation is picking up. The problem is that Trump passed a fucking gigantic budget deficit and just slashed revenues, so this seems ideological, not a good management move.

Well I found money for Israel, the military, and billion dollar companies but apparently there is nothing for workers they already have it too good

Blue wave can't get here soon enough to wash this fucking POS out of office

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Hope you didn't study economics, history or data analysis

Attached: image.png (679x317, 93K)

> retain talent
The feds don't have talent. Talent goes into the private sector. The feds have a bunch of diversity hires who, having gotten their foot in the door, hire only their own. Blacks are grossly overrepresented in the government workforce.

Trump is retarded but fuck anyone who works for any government agency. Cut their pay theyre worthless

so here's the twist: Trump doesn't have the power to give fed employees a raise or cut pay. Congress does; but as always, they always ask for the executive's opinion on the matter. That was the letter.

FAKE NEWS

BIDEN CRYING ABOUT BIPARTISANSHIP AT IN MCCAIN EULOGY. THIS SMELLS LIKE THE BEGINNING OF AN OVERLY-EMOTIONAL AND MANIPULATIVE PLAN TO TAKE THE WHITE HOUSE. DON'T FALL FOR THE EMOTIONS MEME TRUMPSTERS.

>"We must maintain efforts to put our Nation on a fiscally sustainable course, and Federal agency budgets cannot sustain such increases," the President wrote.

The budget has already been approved. Even if the workers don't get raises, the money will still be spent at the respective institutions which employ these workers.

Literally not a single dollar saved towards "fiscal responsibility". The Trump debt is only going one way.

So, Trump wants more corruption?

The less you pay federal employees, the more they'll find other ways to get the money.

He also wants to make it easier to fire them...

Attached: trump struggles.jpg (700x700, 87K)

>>retain talent

Obese, lazy, surly, black women aren't "talent"

You do realize that general schedule is different depending on location, right?

Attached: 413FDBCB-570D-40F1-848C-96981FBFF1B6.jpg (537x580, 68K)

I truly wish you the worst, you fed scum

>Thanks for stopping by
>Implying this changes your vote
You've always been with her baby don't lie

What a great may may
Showed us rural and suburban retards

Good. I'm tired of the government folks I work with getting 6 figures to watch YouTube all day. They sure as shit don't deserve a raise.

know a buddy that works for the feds in DC
Literally watches hulu all day every day.

He needs to cut their goodie packages too.

Especially their pension plans.

federal employees are overpaid as is. bureaucracy has a tendency to create more ways to spend money on stupid shit because most of them are assholes just trying to justify their paycheck in the first place.

Gov is too big as is.
Cut, cut, cut.

this right here.

>what is joint income
>calling someone a regard based on small amounts of information

The Fed was never supposed to be a destination for talent. Government work was a repository for people able to show up to work every day but not overly intelligent or talented. It's a jobs program for average people that didn't join the military or trades.

Remember when Obama did the same thing? nytimes.com/2010/11/30/us/politics/30freeze.html