TransMountain Pipeline

cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-trans-mountain-federal-court-appeals-1.4804495

Albertan here. This just came down the pike. Thoughts?

Attached: TXM Pipeline.jpg (1600x1064, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/china-hacked-clinton-server/
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-11/trade-war-becomes-tech-war-trump-cracks-down-chinas-rare-earth-metals
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I understand correctly, now that this is stalled/cancelled, and if NAFTA should go under (75% of our exports are to the U.S.A.), what effect will this have on Canada in the next 10 to 20 years?

Attached: china.png (1280x720, 1.3M)

Look for outside interests, like saudis.

Feinstein here in california worked to get a rare earth minerals mine shut down which gave China major control over rare earths.

Thanks for the bump!

That is pretty interesting and someone suggested that on plebbit.

BCer here
All the anti pipeline interests seem to be funded by red Chinese or Saudi interests

The anti logging anti mining anti natural gas anti hydroelectric etc interests in BC are funded by red Chinese

The majority of white British Columbians actually support real business because it's the backbone of our economy but the filthy chink conspires with white leftist traitors who often weren't born here to shut down our competition

Greasy American investor kikes like warren buffet and George Soros have a hand in this as well but it's not US government interests doing this

No it's 100% true

Especially look at china

Seriously it just takes a small but of digging to see that the Chinese have their filthy commie claws sunk deep into our government industry etc

Warren buffet did similar with pipelines here. He's invested in the rail business (which has much more oil spills btw) and a pipeline would compete with that.

Why would china be interested in logging in particular?

But it's no big secret these enviro turds are funded to the tune of millions. Just think about it where would a bunch of so called "grassroots" movements of a bunch of dumb hippies get millions of dollars? Who would be interested in shutting down industry in the name of "muh environment"? People who have to compete with BC and Albertan industry that's who

A big local redpill is these people aren't just stupid hippies they're being paid to push an agenda that benefits someone

>A big local redpill is these people aren't just stupid hippies they're being paid to push an agenda that benefits someone

I thought it was just Indians agitating for bribes and liberal boomers trying to keep their house prices high. I will look into this and thank you, user. Exactly why I come here...

My problem with the pipeline is that we send all our raw product to China so they can refine and manufacture it, and sell products back to us.
If we truly wanted to use our raw materials for our economy, we would open refinement plants, factories, etc so that we are not being sucked dry by the Chinese. Pipeline is a stupid corporate government creation not in the true interests of the Canadian people

It seems we are allergic to adding value to our products here. Probably just not profitable with free trade. I don't know.

China has their own logging industry that in typical chink fashion is cheap crooked and shitty. BC has a lumber industry that can produce at competitive prices without having to resort to slave labour and lies. They don't want BC selling lumber to places in Asia like japan etc because that's competition for them

The big on they go after in BC is mining and natural gas though. My dad is a geologist working on discovering some big rare earth deposits near the BC Rockies and there's the possibility we have a lot of rare earths. In 2-3 years there is going to be a big uproar among the enviros against rare earth mining just watch

Also they want legitimate business chased out in general so that the economy will be dependant on their real estate fuckery in Vancouver

Forget all these shills going "muh Russia" the real hostile enemy nation is china right now but everyone like media etc is too stupid to see how fucked up china is being or maybe they're being paid off to say nothing about china. I'm not a fan of Putin at all but I would deal with Russia any day of the week before even thinking of china.

Just do some digging and learn about the red Chinese menace. It's fucked and the fucked thing is NOBODY wants to call it out except some people like me in BC and some in Australia

Alberta should make a bunch of their own refineries

It would really solve the employment problem theyve had recently. Nothing against Albertans but I live in the kootenays and a LOT of Albertans showed up here looking for work since 2015 and some have even been really good workers so it's not like they were all lazy and got fired

>BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM

Attached: 2665-4-1.jpg (800x532, 76K)

>Forget all these shills going "muh Russia" the real hostile enemy nation is china
Been saying this for years. China was apparently the one to hack Clinton dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/china-hacked-clinton-server/

We have the same chinese problem in california, and I believe it's much longer in the making. UC actually got rid of affirmative action because of chinese pressure. They kinda stuck to themselves for a generation, but now they are exerting influence.

This rare earth thing is a big deal. I hope Trump looks into this because we can't have china monopolizing the industry. They're also interested in south african platinum mines. So glad trump is calling it out.

I hadn't thought about it quite like that before.

Hahahahhahahahahahah the Alberta NDP are fucking dead in the water next election

we might, just might, shift our economy away from reliance on exports and start developing our own raw materials

They have refineries, but they're almost all the kind that refines the surface-level stuff: the same kind of petrol that is running out as we dig deeper
Canada's only refineries of that sort in in New Brunswick - hence Energy East
instead, we send the bitumen overseas or to the states (Keystone XL was supposed to increase the flow capacity, with the top-notch refineries in the Gulf in mind)

JEEP!

I wonder what this will do to the federal Libs now that they've sunk $4.5 billion into a project they legally can't build, and failed to convince BC to stop opposing it

51st state when?

Well my dad (geologist who's working in rare earths) showed me a list of restrictions trump put in against military using rare earths from certain countries and china was on the list. BC wasn't on the list though so he said it was another promising thing to developig a mine out of this

Idk what the law or order or whatever was called but if I can contact my dad before this thread goes and ask him ill tell you don't get hopes up though because he's kid of a wierd guy brilliant geo but he doesn't believe in having a cell phone or anything because e thinks he could be tracked so the only way to contact him is if he's home on his landline. Pain in the ass but ya

I know it was a recent thing like in the past week and some kind of defense act

I hope

And the stupid back room greeNDP are gone soon if we reject their stupid electoral reform

>TransMountain Pipeline
Even the pipelines in Canada are trans

Attached: 1488155663277.jpg (633x738, 85K)

Well Alberta just needs to build it's own then

Fucks sake is there anything the LGBT queers won't touch?

The majority of people here either are in favour or indifferent

It's the stupid government that got in on a backroom deal that opposing it like an autistic child having a fit

However once we get the NDP out we need to figure out how to bring the socred party back from the grave. The scheer tier conservative BC"liberals" are garbage too

>but he doesn't believe in having a cell phone or anything because e thinks he could be tracked

That is true, you can be tracked at any given time if you have a cellphone and triangulation are among the easiest of calculation to make, especially in the modern ages where there are radio towers everywhere that make pinpointing oneself location even easier.

(((They))) continue to use global warming to limit economic growth.

Attached: 1516150989870.jpg (1500x1110, 413K)

Don't even need to triangulate. Just ask the phone to report its GPS location and they'll have you down within a few feet or something like that.

here's an article on it
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-11/trade-war-becomes-tech-war-trump-cracks-down-chinas-rare-earth-metals

Also I'm surprised like nobody knows california has rare earth resources.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine

The federal libs didn't do that well in the west anyway lower mainland included they went more NDP

Now one thing is that western votes don't really count. Turdope knows this. As long as he wins in Ontario and Quebec he could get absolutely zero seats west of the Ontario Manitoba border an still win the next election

do we want government owned refineries. if it was profitable surely some Canadian companies would've built refineries of their own.

west or east kootenays?

>Don't even need to triangulate. Just ask the phone to report its GPS location

Erm, user... A GPS location is literally triangulation. Just sayin

>Quebec

Unless he cheat the votes (which wouldn't be surprised given how much of a tool and puppet he is) then he sure won't win Quebec.

How can a mountain be trans?

Attached: f57.jpg (261x216, 8K)

Sure, sure. But what I meant is that you don't need a network of towers or a gang of friends to do the triangulation yourself because you can just get the phone to tell you.

If you really want to, you can even have the phone tell you retrospectively where it was at what time so that you wouldn't even necessarily need for the phone to have service at the time of interest.

they don't have any strong reps. duncan is resigning in edmonton anyways, so we no longer have this garbage here thank god. I can't see them making it in again.

Two summers ago when I was working concrete in between semesters notley came on site and almost everyone on site was unironically spitting at her feet. I think we're about to see some positive change for once, now all we have to do is get rid of certain retard mayors in the province

Attached: kikecringe.png (1000x829, 468K)

On the topic of red menace, China is gonna call dibs on the arctic northwest passage in the future. Phone posting like a faggot so I can’t paste all the links but just spreading the word.

We'll have to pit Russia against China, since Russia already wants in on that and claims the undersea aquafers in the arctic and all that.

You win.

I work for the ab gov in forestry, the overwhelming majority of us fucking hate her and think all the Ndp are useless.

So is Trudeau unless mad max splits the conservative vote.

she just ran at the right time. When she got elected it was in the midst of the hipster ape-human trend and everyone though voting ndp was the "cool and progressive thing to do bro!" unfortunately if things don't start changing around here, it might be time to start looking for somewhere else to live

I'm in Calgary oil and gas.. I think we did a horse trade for the pipeline and feds didn't come through so.. We're fucked... Again.. It don't really matter as we have rail capacity but still.

If Russia and China are literally fighting over control of our oil, Canada will be the most lolz place to live.

Why would Trudeau be against Trans?

Attached: 1499628980677.jpg (1200x756, 131K)

We're blaming the feds in industry here not notley

That's why you have to get like a real government.

The sad thing is Trudeau is going to win again. All the voters here are females who wanna get railed by Truddy

Refineries have huge start up costs and don't make a lot of money, so there's not huge economic incentive, but its what needs to be done. There either needs to be pipeline across the country to NB or Refineries near alberta. There's no reason we should be selling any of our raw resources and buying them back refined.

At this second sheer is polling higher than justin. You clearly have not been watching the polls.

god I really hope he waits until 2024

You boys need to understand why this is happening. It's not because your Prime minster is a cuck for feminists and muslims. It's because of China. The Arabs are a nothing, they always have been. They are problematic but only in the way that rabid dogs are problematic. China is why the U.S. shut you out. Trump gave Trudeau the opportunity to cut the Chinks out. And he stabbed America in the back. "YUUUGE" mistake. The shit popping off over Washington and Alaska is tied to the Chinese. The Chinese will lose. Sadly you guys will have to suffer because that fagboy Trudeau got scared of the slants.

We're split three ways dude.. NDP running Singh is also stupid bad for us. Indians are right leaning.

see almost everyone i know, leftist or not, wants trudeau and his "policies" gone

>TransMountain
Are they building a long-ass dialator or something?

Yeah he's talking about GPS but he could even use an old flip phone we actually have an old 2001 phone lying in a drawer that can still make calls just in case he ever got stranded or something

Another big part is the whole "this technology never existed for most of my life and I did just fine" and I don't doubt his ability to know how to survive stranded in the bush but when you're close to 70 your body might not be so cooperative

Ya that's exactly the one I was talking about

East kootenays

Sounds like canada will go into even more debt. Not to mention refinaries pollute a shit ton and destroy our natural environment

You sure about that? What I told you they produce less than a single BC ferry over an 8 hour period. Fucken green fucks.

He was way down in the polls with women and millennials a few months back.
Yea, and Sighn isn't going to take many votes away from liberals to counter balance it.

The reason they're not building them is because fuck piles of BS regulations mostly federal level ones

As for government refineries well it depends. We've done well with the government building the power grid but that's because it was the social credit party headed by a good man who built it not the idiots we have in government across canada today who would just waste millions

70 isn't all that old yet, but that is something to worry about for sufficiently old people. I'm totally down with the mindset though, and I don't care how many people it pisses off that I don't use a cell phone or social media or any of that crap because it's just plain unhealthy to think that people always need to be in immediate constant contact all the time.

Holy shit I am an coating inspector for pipelines and and if they have that much pipe waiting to be recieved and strung that shit is fucking expensive to stockpile like 500 miles of big ass pipe like that is so expensive Id shit a brick every day.

We need to ally with Russia against china I think

Lesser of two evils situation here. Russia might have a shit government but at least the Russian people themselves aren't a bunch of insect people and the Russian government isn't doing well everything China's doing

Attached: image.jpg (640x960, 196K)

How much forestry does the mostly treeless (from the parts I've visited) Alberta have?

Russia is holding tight right now. I believe this was a major topic in Trump/Putin talks though. Putin isn't convinced yet that we will be able to clean out the globalists/Fascists/Communists although things are looking brighter every day. I imagine after the midterms there will be some kind of deal coming forward if this stay red. And after 2020 things will get really hot.

This is the highest Sheer will ever poll
You post on pol that is not representative
ok, if you guys are convinced

US thinking has often been on some variation of exploiting a sino-soviet split, which I think is roughly sensible. But what that also means is recognizing that great powers sometimes are allies and sometimes not.

But yes at this point the time is ripe for a more productive relationship between the West and Russia.

>Harper government approved building permit
>Trudeau government introduced stronger environmental regulation
>Trudeau government forces reinspection of permit requirements based upon new regulations
>BC NDP kills trans-mountain expansion based upon unconstitutional ruling
>Trudeau government buyout trans-mountain and expansion
>Trudeau government fails the expansion and cancel permit based upon new regulations that were issued after the original permit was approved
The Trudeau goverment literally fucked itself in the ass with its own regulations and Alberta is the one that pays the price. What a nigger

Attached: dismantle.jpg (589x758, 99K)

BC here but I have worked at fort mac. 90% of the opposition to this pipeline comes from Vancouver (white liberals, Chinese and Saudis), and native tribes whose land it does NOT intersect. A number of tribes already signed on. Some not only for money but job opportunities. Those most vocally opposed are babasically just mad they ain't getting dosh.

hahaha
the gift that keeps on giving

Remember that time Trudeau didn't even mention Alberta on Canada Day?

Yeah, I remember

another tranny in canada

I think my favorite part of the broadcast is still when they cut to SK for a minute or two and half the people were slumped over drunk and the correspondent had to compete with sirens from emergency vehicles. Seemed like some real nigga hours at like 9 or 10 in the morning or whatever it was there.