Question about free market

Let's say I have created a new, original dish. In trully free market, how would I protect my idea from getting copied by others?

Attached: 20180831_022432.jpg (4128x2322, 3.33M)

Post recipe plox

By killing yourself

Offering consistency in your product quality and good customer service. It's no different than avoiding chinese knockoffs today

Bullshit. Anyone can buy the products and create the dish. My only secret is the mix of ingredients. Anyone can study the dush and create a perfect clone.

Shark Tank.

Inhale a shotgun chomo. It is the only way

You don't.

It gets copied and assuming you know the idea best, because you created it, you'll also be the first to improve on it and people will know to go to you for the best iteration of the idea.

If you discovered it by luck, you don't deserve it. Luck is not meritocratic.

If you put ketchup on rice (or couscous) it is delicious and will nutrify you

Attached: 2654151-patrick_bateman.jpg (1280x800, 59K)

That doesn't work with food. Making a perfect copy will literally take days. There is no magic in food chemistry.

I'm not sure you can copyright a dish per se but a recipe maybe, i think that the recipe for coca-cola and KFC's batter are copyrighted.

Also, it looks disgusting, what is it.

I don't think he will

We already know that mix. My mix is something totally new.

We love you polishbro but no one here is going to steal any of your recipes......ever.....

...don't tell people the recipe?

tfw you'll never have anons secret dish

Attached: 1518244141760.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Be first to have it, build brand loyalty, market yourself as the “original.”

People have a right to produce the same thing with ingredients they’ve legally obtained. Why are you trying to force the government into people’s kitchens?

You wouldn't, that is why a free market is impossible to exist. Capitalists NEED a state to protect their businesses.

Why are the ugliest dishes the tastiest?

They can buy it and study the contents using science.

I think the only way to do this would be to develop GMO crops that you own the patent on. Nobody can copy it because you own the means of production.

...no they can't.

you really like cooking, don't you.
every thread a new dish and a new question

Nothing is stopping someone from copying the recipe if they learn it. The copyrights allow them to sell drinks labelled as "Coke" or "Pepsi" or whatever. The only thing keeping people from making exact copies is that the recipes are secret.

The "I invented a new thing" document is called a patent, and simply mixing together a bunch of ingredients in a frying pan isn't going to get you one. You would need to invent a completely new method of preparing your food if you wanted to patent it, like dippin dots. Otherwise retards like OP would have patented every recipe invented over the last hundred years.

Something like this I guess

Attached: 1528207040888.jpg (640x724, 119K)

Do people copy nuttela?

Recipes cann't have copyright protection.

That's why restaurants and companies keep them secret.

Attached: KFC chicken recipe.png (1040x600, 154K)

You don't. If it's good people will try to copy it. If they do it better than you theirs will be more popular than yours. Why do you think nobody should be able to copy it?

I dunno if patent lawa apply to dishes, but you can for example trademark the name of it or something.

I used to get banned for not having a question. I'm a good learner.

what are colonel sander's 13 herbs and spices then?

Just like how Pepsi is constantly ripping off Coke products.

"Intellectual property" is fascinating to me. I'm heavily inclined to say it's all bullshit, and that everyone should be able to copy everyone else as much as they want and that it'll all work out in the end, but I don't know if that's true.

In a truly free market you have multiple market participants. That means everyone will copy your idea to some extent. You have probably come to the conclusion that truly free markets only exist in textbooks.

There is no such things as a free market. It's a fucking unicorn. When people say free market they are using a buzzword to attract positive sentiment towards whatever ideal or law they are attempting to peddle.

But Coke recipe is behind patent. They just mix normal ingrindients, no?

Why does every (seemingly) original photo posted on Jow Forums look fucking disgusting

Because I gave the World that distinct taste.

you dont publish the recipe

In a free market, your idea would be stolen and improved, so you could enjoy your idea for very little cost, with much better quality.

Cakes, for example, started out as disgusting flavorless unsweetened clumps of flour and egg.
Nobody patented the idea.
But now; carrot cake, war cake, pound cake; the list goes on; a cake for every occasion, a cake of every taste.

Give me the exact ingredients, ratios, and cooking times of restaurants dish. There is no device which can give you that information. Science is not magic.

Yes, but the agricultural technology is yours and you have the designs to it.

All products and services take energy to create, making it efficient is winning.

And everyone drinks coke and pepsi has to do weird shit like make employees at fast food places pretend not to know what "coke" or even "cola" is.

What's the point of inventing anything when you can't make profit and get copied instantly?

it's not patented. if it was they would have to reveal the ingredients in the patent application. it's just a well kept secret.

You are in a constant arms race to be better than everyone else. This is what creates value. Your goal is to be the best and as a result you provide the best value. You eventually corner the market and get more profit than the competition.

There's two different ways. Keeping the exact details a trade secret or establishing a trade group that protects patented inventions. Suppose you had a restaurant that cooked a special Lobster bisque. Someone can come into the restaurant and taste the food and make a copycat dish. A trade organization for restaurants may come in and refuse to do safety inspection checks at the restaurant that is copying a patented dish. The original restaurant may publish a press release that explains how they were the originator of the dish and how you shouldn't eat at Joe's because he stole your recipe. Maybe the church may criticize them for their business practices. This can be so extreme as to constitute a GRAVE sin: Usury. People are extremely interconnected. There's no reason to assume the world needs a state for society to operate.

You freeze that shit, cut it into multiple thin slices and then identify particles in every slice.

Attached: Body-Slices-at-Body-Worlds-Rx_1.jpg (3910x2777, 2.38M)

I want 60% royalties on that.

If your dish/ intention is so basic that it can instantly be identified and copied, you deserve it. As for making profit, being the original, improving on, keeping it a secret, or have the most competitive business model will make you money.

Traditionally, this was done in a pressure cooker.
Big difference.

>Inventing
>If you wish to invent a food dish, you must first create the universe

Isn't food more akin to artistry? Are you going to 'invent' a painting next and stop people from copying it.

>Isn't food more akin to artistry?
No it's biochemistry.

You can't. When it comes to food, it has to be a trade secret. So, don't tell anyone all of the ingredients.

Don't tell anyone the recipe.... shit, how hard is it to not say anything?

Jow Forums did a trick on me. I have a strong urge to seek You's now.

Ok then. How do you make a perfect clone of Coke?
Trade secrets user. Want to prevent your idea from getting stolen? Tell nobody how it works.

Biochemistry: the branch of science concerned with the chemical and physicochemical processes that occur within living organisms.

So its categorically the same as masturbating, got it.

Copyright is stronger protection than Patent.
This is why Bill Gates has a copyright on Windows, an OS that he stole from Mac, built on the earlier MS/Dos, an OS that he stole from CPM.

Kill anyone who violates the NAP

no, still not how it works.

Patents are for greedy white niggers and corporate fatcats who dislike competition and accelerated improvement of products/services.

There are few things in this world that disgust me as much as muh patents faggots.

You need to know what chemicals produce what tastes in your brain and how to mix them.

Free tip : fried pasta with hard, slavic quark cheese and bacon. God tier mix.

>Mexicans invent cure for people getting their heads chopped off
>Chinese copy that
>Mexicans lose jobs to Chinese and their heads

For starters, don't offer it in china.

China has spies all over the World. They also try to hack all computers 24/7.

>Let's say I have created a new, original dish. In trully free market, how would I protect my idea from getting copied by others?
I've read the replies and some say "don't share the recipe", or "patent it". Clearly these people don't know anything about the market, you are forced to tell the ingredients, for example, a soda has it's ingredients in the label to make the costumer what he's putting inside his body, it also helps to prevent costumers to allegic reactions in case they are allergic to a certain ingredient. The secret is not to tell the quantity and the preparation of it, every ingredient must be made by youself, there's not a single legit "pirate" copy of McDonald's, with the same taste, the reason is simple, they make every ingredient.
Capitalism doesn't want to end government you fag, that would be the neocohens, free market is real and possible unlike memenism

>Acting like multiple things cant be true at once
>Also everything that generates a reaction is biochem by this definition but we don't call everything biochem because that is such a bullshit way to answer

Le epec hilarious offbeat meme, put me in the screenshot and post it to Jow Forums4chan, brudder

dosent look particuarly tasty, i see nuts, ahint of onion/pasta, potatoes and what i can say of the gunk/sauce its either asorted chesses emlted or mustar and mayo

Attached: wuzhou-wichael-mascot.jpg (427x640, 94K)

>nuts
no
>onion
yes
>pasta
no
>potatoes
no

i personally think intellectual property should be recognized in a wholly free market, and thus you should be able to sue the faggot that copied your recipe.

Not the same logo, neither the same clown clothes, not to mention that I bet my left nut it doesn't has the same flavour

Those McDonalds execs surely can't sleep at night with the reminder of random Chinese guys making subpar spinoffs from their brand

Fuck off, indian. Only a cuck wouldn't patent his invention, it doesn't stop competition since people would create similar but at the same time different things (Take Coke and Pepsi as an example)

You don't. Deal with it.

by keeping it a secret

Sure
There are dozens of knock offs.
From cheap and shitty to expensive and better than the original.

by being competitive
if somebody else copies your recipe/improves it and takes all your customers there is nobody to blame but yourself
IP copyright is whats holding the free market back

The taste is the same and only this counts. Protip : a pickled cucumber makes a cheesburger a MC cheesburger.

>The taste is the same
Oh, so you went to China and went there to eat one of their burgers? Right, you faggot, fucking kek

A recipe is not really protectable.
Build a brand.
You can produce a drink that tastes like Coca Cola but you can't call it Coca Cola.

Only a cuck would approve of large corporations and white niggers leveraging the state to protect them from competition, if you can create an invention you should be able to organize and make your product profitable and superior to others, otherwise you don't deserve to be in business.

The State exists to protect my corporate interest, fool.

Poland is cool but they really need to stop posting gross and/or super plain cooking.

>Only a cuck would approve of large corporations and white niggers leveraging the state to protect them from competition
Again, if Coca Cola has it's recipe protected, that doesn't stop competition since people are going to make similar but at the same time different things, hence, Pepsi. Geez, you stupid indians really have low I.Q, no wonder you are the poorest people in Mexico
>if you can create an invention you should be able to organize and make your product profitable and superior to others
That's what Coca Cola, Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, Sony, and thousands of companies do, indian faggot.

Mayonnaise Chilli?

>Again, if Coca Cola has it's recipe protected, that doesn't stop competition since people are going to make similar but at the same time different things, hence, Pepsi. Geez, you stupid indians really have low I.Q, no wonder you are the poorest people in Mexico
Yet, you cannot copy the ingredients/procedures from the original recipe, because that's considered a crime.

What if I don't like Coca Cola's packaging, their business practices, its price, or something else?

Why should consumers be deprived of options at the expense of corporate or greedy interests?

>That's what Coca Cola, Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, Sony, and thousands of companies do, indian faggot.
What keeps those companies on top, are predatory business practices, patents, and some degree of innovation, not the high quality of their products.

>mfw user nigger thinks Microsoft/Apple/et al make good products
Bet ya 10 bucks you're posting from a win10 shitbox

Niet!

Produce me a plate of KFC. You can't. Because they closely guard their recipe.

>Yet, you cannot copy the ingredients/procedures from the original recipe, because that's considered a crime.
It is, it's pagiarism and piracy. That's why the recipe (not the ingredients) are secret, which is good
>What if I don't like Coca Cola's packaging, their business practices, its price, or something else?
Don't buy it
>Why should consumers be deprived of options at the expense of corporate or greedy interests?
They're not deprived, they have Pepsi, they have Big Cola, they have Star Cola, they have Dr Pepper, and many other brands
>What keeps those companies on top, are predatory business practices, patents, and some degree of innovation, not the high quality of their products.
Their sales say otherwise
>Bet ya 10 bucks you're posting from a win10 shitbox
Better than expensive useless Apple, but hey, competion made Microsoft beat them.
Faggots like you make me realize that is not a surprise faggot AMLO won

>It is, it's pagiarism and piracy. That's why the recipe (not the ingredients) are secret, which is good
It is not, basically anything can be deemed as 'plagiarism' today because it relies on copying ideas from older inventions, if copying an idea is plagiarism, then all inventions are plagiarism and piracy, there should be no protections against plagiarism if everyone is copying each other's ideas.
>Don't buy it
Or, I could simply buy the exact same drink under a different brand if cumguzzlers like you weren't so keen on being corporate lapdogs.
>They're not deprived, they have Pepsi, they have Big Cola, they have Star Cola, they have Dr Pepper, and many other brands
None of which have the same flavor. It's like patenting combo lists in OS UIs and thinking this is acceptable.
>Their sales say otherwise
Their sales and business practices actually reaffirm my point, Microsoft and Apple have a long list of legal, and predatory patent behavior that go back to the origins of their enterprise, Microsoft, in fact, initially grew thanks to copyrighting a stolen work and getting protection from the state.
>Better than expensive useless Apple, but hey, competion made Microsoft beat them.
Lol, so you are a bigger nigger than I initially assessed, I'm not surprised to find out that a macfaggot is defending the retarded patent system.
>Faggots like you make me realize that is not a surprise faggot AMLO won
I'm Libertarian so I'm quite distanced from whatever AMLO strawman you're trying to create

Not even the employees in the fucking factory of Coca Cola know the ingredients to any certainty. It’s one of the best kept trade secrets in the western world. This is why Coke is the largest pop producer. Think about how many knock off Coke products their are. Now tell me how many people know them by name.

>Let's say I have created a new, original dish.

But you have not. You have done nothing new or original. You will always be a loser and abolishing patent laws won't fix that.

I like green cola because fucking pepsi and coca-cola refuse to use stevia in their poison products.

Attached: Green_Cola-01_1024x1024.png (423x720, 520K)

Shut up moron gas chromatography exists.

I notice op didn't even say if the dish was good or not. In a truly free society, it would only have value if it tastes good, and therefore worthy of being copied in the first place.

Attached: libertyball.png (562x504, 117K)

That's bullshit. The thing is even if you knew how to produce coke that company is not about the product. It's about the marketing and logistics.

>It is not, basically anything can be deemed as 'plagiarism' today because it relies on copying ideas from older inventions, if copying an idea is plagiarism, then all inventions are plagiarism and piracy
Not true since plagiarism would be an exact copy, while competitions sells similar but at the same time 3 different things, I told you that about 3 times and you sill don't get it
>there should be no protections against plagiarism if everyone is copying each other's ideas.
>Getting insipired by =////// Make a ripoff
Next
>Or, I could simply buy the exact same drink under a different brand if cumguzzlers like you weren't so keen on being corporate lapdogs.
Basically a pirate thing, which is a crime, kek. That's not "competition", that's stealing
>None of which have the same flavor.
Exactly you idiot, that's why they're the competition, something you claimed to be unexistent thanks to patents (which is false)
>Their sales and business practices actually reaffirm my point, Microsoft and Apple have a long list of legal, and predatory patent behavior that go back to the origins of their enterprise, Microsoft, in fact, initially grew thanks to copyrighting a stolen work and getting protection from the state.
They made a similar version of Xerox, but changed things, not plagiarism but just getting inspired by them. And their sales are just the prove that the consumers want their products.
>Lol, so you are a bigger nigger than I initially assessed, I'm not surprised to find out that a macfaggot is defending the retarded patent system.
>Be me
>Defend Microsoft
>Low I.Q indian (You) says I'm a Mac fanboy
Kek, thanks for proving again that, thanks to people like you, it's not a surprise faggot AMLO won
>I'm Libertarian
A libertarian that doesn't care about property? Yeah sure, make a better excuse, dumbass

Lmao