What does Jow Forums think of lab-grown meat?

news.sky.com/story/lab-grown-meat-is-the-future-and-environmentally-friendly-says-think-tank-11485316

>It is produced by cultivating cells within tissue taken from an animal - a cow for instance - and growing them in a lab into an edible meat product

>"We can produce the same amount of meat in factories on 1% of the land it presently takes us to do it," he said.

>"It's sustainable, environmentally friendly, we don't have to cut down rainforests to plant crops to feed animals if you're growing it in factories."

Attached: download (19).jpg (726x740, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2018/08/29/lab-grown-meat-is-not-meat-missouri-state-rules/
youtu.be/fbwixhixlLE
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds expensive

Fine by me. I want lab grown pussy I can recycle. It’s a brave new world goys

Does it taste good?

Well its better than those fucking worms.

Attached: 1535022338225.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

>Labs start growing meat
>The technology becomes opensource
>Canada starts a lab-meat board
>"Gotta protect lab meat growers"
>Beef still expensive.

Fuck vat grown meat, I want a Star Trek replicator.

I’m really excited for a commercially viable version of it. Way better for the environment, no cruelty, and people can be “vegan” without turning into soifags

If it tastes good and is nutritionally comparable to existing meat and isn't filled with hormones, go for it.

> Open source
Grow your own meat like brewing your own beer

>lab grown meat
meaningless and pointless. It's like saying we can artificially synthesize the hydrocarbons found in gasoline. That's true, but the cost of doing so far exceeds the cost of drilling and refining crude oil. Likewise, synthesizing lab-grown meat will always be some overly-expensive gimmick. It will be sold at vegan restaurants for 50 bucks a "steak" so that hippies can feel good about no cow being slaughtered.

>“vegan”
It's still animal meat though and the cells themselves are still alive. The only difference is that the meat was never directly connected to a brain stem.

we're only a couple steps away from star trek level replicators creating all of our food from biologic waste

as long as it tastes good in a burger im game
i love hamburgers

Sounds like I don't know what the fuck they're putting in it

Cows will still be slaughtered. Can't grow bovine meat without fetal blood serum. Pork and chicken don't need fetal blood serum. I don't believe lamb does either.

human meat

this is the question.
Also the price.

I would not look forward to a meat product which is disgusting but super cheap, however.
But more likely it'll be more expensive and not taste as good for awhile.

It's great for people wanting to be future martians.

i rather go vegan than it this shit

plants are also “living cells not connected to a brain stem”

You are all retarded. You want your meat controlled entirely by jews? They'll poison it, they poisoned all the other food.

Onions Green is people!

growing meat in a lab is an enormous reduction in the sheer amount of space needed to produce meat. It puts meat on track to being a home made product.
Fuck "society" learn to build your own meat making bioreactor.

Ah, so it's about reducing land owned by whites.

Would people try to outlaw hunting and fishing if this becomes viable?

the farmers could use the land for something else, like work camps for the jews

If it's not really expensive it sounds great. If it's cheaper than meat costs now then that'd be incredible.

>"We can produce the same amount of meat in factories on 1% of the land it presently takes us to do it," he said.

Where do the nutrients in the fake meat come from then? The air?

Heard this on the radio earlier
>Lab-grown meat is not meat, Missouri state rules
engadget.com/2018/08/29/lab-grown-meat-is-not-meat-missouri-state-rules/
All it means though is they can't market it as meat

Not if the bank takes the land when their cattle farm goes out if business.

This

>"It's sustainable, environmentally friendly, we don't have to cut down rainforests to plant crops to feed animals if you're growing it in factories."
I have a better idea picrelated

Attached: 1522678564358.png (594x760, 353K)

The meat is grown literally the same way the meat in a living animal grows. They supply it with nutrients and pass a current though it. The only difference is that the nutrients come from a bottle instead of having to travel through intestines and all that.

how big of a lab would you need to feed the entire population?

It will be a great spiritual advancement for humanity but I think it will be many decades before it can be grown cheaper then regular meat.

Attached: Vw9Y_Lum_400x400[1].jpg (362x362, 19K)

It's getting cheaper very quickly.

>think-tank
this is why americans lose war
tanks are meant to shoot not think

it actually takes about 30 gallons compared to raising a cow and getting the same amount of meat
it will cost much less water, much less land, but will be marked the fuck up

Get muh protein without any animal suffering at any point....I'm okay with this if its actually feasible.

I don't think space is a factor really being considered. If it were, they'd clean out a shit state like Colorado and put solar panels there. An area the size of Spain would supply the entire world with enough electricity... so Colorado would be more than enough. Those citizens would do fine in California.. and they want to live by the beach anyway.

Hopefully the future.
We use to many resources to raise animals.

"Environmentally Friendly.tm is adog whostle to the alt left!"

Seems redundant though. They have to supply the frankenmeat with amino acids to grow.
... so why not just skip the middle man and sell the proteins/amino acids straight?

>Sounds expensive
nah but remember when you get medical procedures that it's the same process to print a steak then to repair your body with your own dna, we can print a bullet hole in your liver, we can print replacement organs, this is new tech but it works and will only get better

>Beef producing user here
Question: How is ranching and producing cattle not enviromentally friendly?

Attached: Unknown.png (225x225, 4K)

How do you get the nutrients in the bottle? Don't you need land for those too? This sounds like over-complicating a natural process just to profit more from it. But it's not going to change anything. You still need the same land for the same nutrients.

You want to eat from the goy trough, then go right ahead. Don't complain when you get mysteriously sterilized after a few meals.

It's too white.

the following is a example of lab grown "meat". its made using a gmo earth worm

Attached: 896a7bf5-9ba7-457d-8032-530766ff7754.jpg._CB315155077__SL300__.jpg (300x300, 17K)

cows produce a lot of CO2 apparently

Sounds great until you realize who all the extra meat produced this way will primarily be feeding

muh cow farts. But in all seriousness, I believe the reasoning is that it's not as energy-efficient as eating vegetables. Because if people just eat vegetables, that's skipping the middle man, whereas with livestock you have to grow stuff to feed the cows and then eat the cows, and this process is inefficient, strictly speaking.

Of course, these are the same people who say that we need to switch to a vegan diet because of overpopulation and there being no other way to feed 20 billion people or whatever the fuck. But it never occurs to them that perhaps we shouldn't be letting indians, sandniggers, and regular african niggers explode in population.

What?

and humans don't?

CO2 isn't pollution.

Vitamin A, zinc, phosphorus, etc. They dissolve it in a solution (water, I believe but I'm not certain) .. and either place the cell in the solution or use machinery to determine how moist the meat is and spray it when needed.

Sounds like some new way for (((them))) to inject you with some kind of crazy hormone to feminize men or something crazy.

Attached: BlackPeople11.jpg (552x794, 84K)

I say yeah this is awesome, all the ethics of vegans and all the diet of ketogenic omnivores
can I get a SCIENCE

its the future, just liken3d farming. just gonna be 15 to 20 years and the leftards are going to waste trillions pushing itnright now like they did with solar

>But in all seriousness, I believe the reasoning is that it's not as energy-efficient as eating vegetables. Because if people just eat vegetables, that's skipping the middle man, whereas with livestock you have to grow stuff to feed the cows and then eat the cows, and this process is inefficient, strictly speaking.
Why not just skip the veggie middle man and absorb our energy straight from the sun on our skin?

..If you havnt found project mayhem or your fight club.... then look no further

youtu.be/fbwixhixlLE

>CHN
>BASED
>names the Jew
>exposes the beast system
>speaks in memetic parables
>has insomnia and sleeps 3 hours a week in a psych facility
>is 8 feet tall and can crush a CIAnigger with his mind
>has an army of android robots identical to himself to avoid capture
Check it
>bonus meme
100th Monkey effect
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A
Your welcome , be entertained

Attached: 1535494262437m.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Goys will learn to accept their place eating test tube meat, worms, and roach milk.

Attached: ..png (600x555, 281K)

youre still wasting too much energy, become a large enough landwhale that you can support your own fusion instead of stealing sun gibs

ask them why they are okay with abortion

not compared to cows I guess
>muhhh greenhouse gasssss

>making people go vegan would be more efficient.
But on the land that we produce most of our cattle we cant grown any kind of crops there. Not without massive work to the soil. Also lots of farmers have cattle placed on their farms for a season or two putting nutrients back into the soil.

>If we just keep growing vegetables nothing bad will happen and we will all be fine.
Do faggits not know about the dust bowl? or cold snaps? exc.

Hey, I'm not in favor of that shit. I'm just repeating the arguments I've heard from veganfags.

serious question I heard that the gases from cow, sheep and pig farts and burps were more hazardous to the ozone than what we do is that true or not

Those things don't come from the air. They need to be produced/extracted from somewhere. They don't simply pop up in a bottle. The idea that they can just use 1% of the land for the same resources is ludicrous.

I understood you user. These vegan faggits don't understand anything about the cattle business. I would be one thing if they just wanted to compete, but I now hear talk of them wanting to shut down all beef production bc of 'muh cruelty to animals'

redpill me on the whole cornfeed and factory farming thing. I live near a decent number of cow farms, and all the cows I see are just chilling out and eating grass. Is it true that "muh cornfeed" is just what they eat at the very end before slaughter to fatten them up and they're eating grass for the rest of the time?

As long as the price is lower than farm-raised beef and it's chemically indistinguishable from slabs cut off the cow, absolutely. Hopefully this can also be expanded upon to bring the price of exotic meats down. I wanna eat a whale, and a goddamn panda.

You can have this one for free you data-mining 1-posting kike survey company.

I thought GMOS are bad?

methane is bad for the ozone and the atmosphere but it is a dumb point to make when stating that there are too many cows, sheep, pigs, exc. when there are billions of humans doing the same thing every day for way longer years.
Human=75 average years of shitting and farts
Cattle=2-5 years
who does more damage?

it isn't modified, it's replicated, they can print flesh now, this can be used to cure disease as well

>who does more damage?
the cows do because of how their waste is processed, but when you consider the damage human waste does when being processed it's way worse, cows have worse methane but humans are dumping hormones and shit into the water that kills all the shrimp

>How is ranching and producing cattle not enviromentally friendly?
well if those cows produce milk the milk causes diabetes and heart disease without the 60 billion tonnes of antibiotics you guys feed those things every year

>eat corn at end of life right before slaughter to fatten them up.
Yes, this is also why many of them are shipped to places like Nebraska so they are closer to the corn and can eat their fill. It would be way too expensive to feed them corn their entire lives.

for every 6 pounds of feed you give them they will only gain 1 pound in meat.

Fine by me, if it helps the environment im all for it.

If it has the same nutrition/protein, it is affordable and tastes the same I'm game.

I'm not down with basedboy food, but if its technically meat and fucking science, I'm game.

>basedboy... damn auto-correct

How will it be a great spiritual advancement to eat "food" that has never been exposed to sunlight, air, complex microbes, and all the rest of the interdependent features of life? You'd be much better off eating shit, even the lab grown meat would be healthier after being shitted out.

>because of how their waste is processed
funneled into a waste pond and then tanked or pipped over to be spread on a field as fertilizer is doing damage?

>cows have worse methane
Yes, however there are billions fewer. How are they a problem?

>Milk causes diabetes and heart disease
Then don't drink so much of the shit! And lay off the ice cream!

>antibiotics feed to cows
You like your steak to have worms? parasites?

It will take 50 years to get to the point where it can be mass produced, and probably 100 more to convince people to eat it. You can't even get people to eat vegetables that have been genetically modified to have more nutrients and less poisons in them.

>gonna need minerals and product in order to grow and feed the new 'lab grown meat'
>Shit
user YOUR A GENIUS

Attached: 1527540955800s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

nice Reddit Correction

It is not economically competitive, so no.

If it's tasty, cheap and not messed with I'm fine with it.

Attached: Shrug.jpg (800x770, 69K)

>It puts meat on track to being a home made product.
are you retarded?

Attached: chick chick.jpg (474x309, 39K)

I’d rather have a drink that could have a customizable amount of calories, nutrients, etc

If we can grow meat in big muscly chinks without a brain/nervous system attached then we not only get the benefits of reduced feed, space, water etc, we also circumvent all painful/dirty slaughter concerns.

>Can you manafacture goat anus this way ?
Asking for a Muslim friend.

Attached: 4DE88F1800000578-5912771-image-a-116_1530715676481.jpg (962x664, 59K)

>you in 1890
>"the automobile is not economically competitive, so no, it isn't the future"

unironically the future .current methods of producing meat are extremely inefficient , require many times the chemical energy of the final product to produce not to mention all the time money and area required to grow the animals and protect them from pathogens .
not to mention that animal farming is a constant source of species-jumping pathogens that can cause epidemics in humans .

lab cultured meat will be quicker,cheaper,simpler to produce and will eventually be infinitely more customizable in terms of it's texture,nutrients and taste . we'll have meat growing hobbyism and produce mammoth meat,extinct species meat,human kids meat at home .

Attached: israboomer.png (774x471, 279K)

I swear, people are fucking retarded when it comes to meat animals.

Attached: chick chick chick.jpg (1600x1141, 574K)

>Jow Forums
>think

Attached: 1535295723399.jpg (1280x960, 134K)

I support it

im not totally opposed to this as this wouldn't even be a thing if the farm factory industry wasn't so wasteful and fucked up. if you still want real beef just hit up the local butcher

Most of the energy that goes into rasing a cow for steak is wasted and does not end up in the end product. You retard. Years ago we brought the cost down from 10,000 aud a kilo to 10 aud a kilo fucking brainless retard who wants to opine without knowing anything. Ignorant.

Because you seppos are retarded. You feed them corn and antibiotics. Your meat is shit cunt

he's right tho. look how many hoops that you would have to jump thru to have those chickens. that setup would be nearly impossible for the average person. not to mention the risks and dangers it would pose to the entire community. ur pic is just a fantasy. sorry to burst bubble

Attached: spagatkid.gif (280x345, 191K)