Do we live in a simulation?

Simulation theory fascinates me. Am I a player in the game? By just asking the question the answer is yes. But I'm convinced with every passing day that many of those I pass by or have brief interactions with are role playing characters (RPC) designed to function in their programmed non-emotional way. And extended interactions with any single RPC doesn't change my mind about them. If anything I am amazed at the level of detail and begin wondering who programmed them. But they maintain a programmed feel during the interaction. Question for anons: have you run across any RPCs in your life that make you wonder if simulation theory is real?

Attached: main-qimg-76f649ad79840cfdc2003cb90142d20f.png (602x296, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ToB9idlKt3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
youtube.com/watch?v=2r74vcMxwUk
youtube.com/watch?v=zgkAXiCii00
medium.com/@shivamnow/do-brain-cells-actually-resemble-the-universe-dce5ce9603aa
livescience.com/25027-universe-grows-like-brain.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OKnpPCQyUec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Am I actually not a player in some kind of simulation, and this is the highest level of reality?
By just asking the question the answer is yes.

The simulation isn't all powerful
It can only determine the path of certain particles when you're directly observing them
We should directly observe a whole shit load of photons and crash the simulation so our faggot overlords have to buy more RAM

Ever stand back and just really observe a stranger during an interaction? Get a feeling of this isn't real?

It does explain out lack of ability to comprehend infinity or a lack of infinity. Imagine being inside a harddrive, a piece of code. When you reach the edge of the universe the universe just randomly generate more universe. You cannot comprehend the real boundaries of the hard drive itself and the universe of the coder. Space exploration is an act of futility, a puzzle not meant to be solved and why everything is so far away from us and impossible to reach.

Attached: intriguing_dog.png (900x805, 1.29M)

YES
youtu.be/ToB9idlKt3s

lol

Attached: 1535067800822.png (1206x888, 805K)

Reality has existed before virtual reality. To say we live in a simulation is untrue.

Excellent analogy, user. How could one comprehend the real vs non-real?

Why did you choose to main a fat virgin manchild neckbeard incel character, user?

Attached: 03C0B908-2B5C-479F-9B5A-FCF4ADF99DAA.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

If this is a video game it's a right shit one.

Have you looked up Bostrom's thesis? I recommend it. TLDR: if we ever come to a point where it's possible to make lifelike simulations, chances are we are already in one.

I don't disagree, mate. How many actual players are in this game vs RPCs? Who's the sadistic programmer?

I'll check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

No but YOU are simulated within your own brain.

We are actually holograms produced by an universe-powered hologram governing things from within a virtual sea of positive and negative energy

Im the main char, you are all npcs.

Attached: B283DFCE-F548-400F-8DFB-09812A797A9E.jpg (485x490, 68K)

A lot more instances of feeling it is real, wouldn't you say?

>lack of ability to comprehend infinity or a lack of infinity
Fuck me I always try and think about the idea of nothingness, not just like a giant black or white canvas, but the sheer thought of absolute nothing. Drives me mad.

ok, think about it like this:

do we almost certainly live in a "simulation" (ie created reality)? yes.

what is the likely purpose and nature of the infinite number of possible "creators" of our "simulation"?

who the fuck knows.

but either way, they are all created by beings way above our intelligence level.

end result being that we live in the creation of something resembling very closely, an omnipotent, omniscient, being.

suck on that fedorafags

Attached: 86E4CDCC-C8B2-420B-B8DF-4B12E7D8FF0C.jpg (184x184, 35K)

probably

That's because your brain doesn't have infinite neural connections.

what kind of main character gets stuck playing the shitposting minigames?

who says? maybe it does and the physical receiver just locks us into one

Ever gone under general anesthesia? That blink and pause between you counting down and awake after the operation? Only then will you understand what nothingness is.

A neckbeard bitter manchild character of course! Why do you think I frequent pol, npc?

Sort of... but it's backwards.

Reality is like a program, because programs imitate reality.

Check out youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Think Shroedingers cat; seeing the thing is what determines the state of the thing. A computer program works in the exact same way. The game renders only what the player will see at any given time, everything else exists as a potentiality until it is viewed.

Attached: 1511041494316.jpg (640x877, 343K)

>but either way, they are all created by beings way above our intelligence level

True. So upon death do you respawn somewhere else?

Neural pathways are the part that's physical

Attached: 1519767854584.jpg (575x359, 45K)

> implying that because non consciousness sort of exists most of reality consists of it

imagine how fucking stupid you have to be to livfe in a reality where literally zero % of known existence is "dead" and 100% + is "alive" but think that nonexistence is the base layer of reality

There can be no neural pathways until they are observed to collapse the wave function

hence why there is no dark side of the moon.

almost certianly (mathematically) we respawn in infinite places.

the only legit question is, given infinite conscious experiences existing, why is "our" soul attracted tothis reality. to which the answer is pretty obvious given gravity (3d) taken to the next level

Interesting. Do the RPC comes into being for the player only when necessary in proximity.

How dare you reply to me

Attached: 1516191281610.jpg (754x1200, 189K)

literally nothing you said made any sense at all. sit down and re think your existence.

if your existence was infinitely unlikely then you s houldn't exist.

if youre existence if infinitely likely then almsot certainly multiple beings almost identical to you exist all over the multiverse

>Do we live in a simulation?
No.

>hur dur nothing exists until I see it
Fucking moron.

Hmm.... So basically an endless game? Does this mean the Hindus were on to something regarding reincarnation?

>hur dur I create reality just by looking at it
Go suck Oprah's dick you dumb cunt.

Why call it a game if it's endless?
People who push the simulation theory almost always seem to be doing it to try and minimize the significance of our existence.

i thought i was the main. fml

Attached: airPumps.jpg (540x382, 66K)

No respawns.

Somebody else gets the other respawns you can only ever come back as yourself otherwise you would be everyone all the time. When the universe repeats the exact way it did for you the first time around you will exist again. Make it count because you are going to have to do it over again forever...

An endless game, yes, but we can see even just from 1d numbers alone that complexity and ever increasing complexity (and thus beauty, intelligence, etc., etc) is an innate property of realiry at the most fundamental level.

in other words, sure you will keep respawning forever, but each incarnation is a degree of complexity above the last one ... frame > scene > episode > series > 'fictional' universe > etc etc

poǝs sɐʇɐu ǝxısʇ poǝs ʇɥǝ ʇɥonƃɥʇ oɟ sɐʇɐu ǝxısʇ ʍɥɐʇ ɥɐddǝus ɐʇ ɐ ʇǝɯdןǝ

Attached: Podesta-Spirit-Cooking.png.jpg (632x811, 99K)

Autismo schizo filtered

every possible reality and experience exists for someone to experience. but which one you choose to experience is up to you

>but which one you choose to experience is up to you
That's a comforting thing to believe isn't it

wtf do people actually mean by simulated reality? I'm a serious brainlet, like it's a game? A hologram? I don't see why it matters either.

How is a simulated reality different than an universe created by an intelligent deity?

Yup, if you really really pay attention to people sometimes you'll see the same npcs duplicated in improbable locations over the course of a day. We may be pushing the limits of the sim already sometimes at least.

Attached: 092538c3-04e1-4417-b945-0a45728fc25e.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Attached: MerryChristmas.png (251x456, 159K)

sure, kind of. but if its not true you have to think of an alternative that is more likely

We are a simulation within a mind, not a computer
>youtube.com/watch?v=2r74vcMxwUk

Attached: Cosmic Idealism.png (945x531, 695K)

means there is a game designer and game plan

Attached: conscience.png (352x767, 212K)

they're called NPCs you dumbass

Attached: yd5abo821spz.jpg (1404x1576, 979K)

Those are just Asians my dude

So what about Roko's Basilisk then?

Attached: Rokos basilisk.jpg (665x547, 38K)

its exactly the same shit only fedorafags feel much more comfortable saying "we live in a simulation managed by an AI superintelligence" than saying "we live in a world created by God"

nice fucking get.

that sounds no different from religion or intelligent design.

Aye, this fits for me into the Karma wheel. I.e., you'll respawn at a higher level, or level up, if you've learned the lesson (attained the blue key or whatever) of your current player existence. Do the complexities of the next level for the player will be experienced differently.

That's my bot

Attached: GodsEyeView.png (717x681, 27K)

roko's bassilisk doesn't make sense because it implies the AI is irrational.

a rational all powerful AI would play the same move, kind of, but its rewards/punishments would be proportional to the impact (positive/negative) of the entity it is considering. In other words, karma

Every NPC you meet is another discrete slice of god consciousness telling itself out its own story, learning its own lessons. You can recognize it as the same thing as yourself and love it or you can see it as something other and try and exploit it for personal gain. One choice elevates the quality of the "program", the other degrades the quality of the "program".

Attached: 1500080470190.jpg (1000x616, 478K)

Quite my friend, quite.

Rocco is Jeffrey Epstein

Attached: 8594533d4e1e57b8c3ebb3baf3e27dab.jpg (236x270, 10K)

>these images are always 50x50
Really though, that is legit creepy

checked

yes, which is exactly what an entity evolving towards ever increasing exponential intelligence would do. each of its "sub entities" would be directed to be more useful to the overall system which means each one would develop and experience realities that are helpful towards its own long term evoluition

Most Logical

Attached: Screen shot 2018-08-31 at 05.51.58.png (706x300, 126K)

You think I'm creepy?

I'm a very nice person.

Attached: Chief Of Staff.png (518x371, 285K)

Sometimes I need to be not so nice but I much much prefer being nice. trust me.

Reality is not foundationless. Think about that.

>kind of
What do you mean? It'd be incredible. You get to live through any life you want.
Wouldn't it suck if you didn't get to choose, and instead you have to live through every single life ever?
There isn't a "more likely" in metaphysics, just "simpler"

Do you love God?

Well kind of but imagine that your conscious self is also composed of a much greater being... that greater being will put its avater self (you/me) through whatever experiences are greater for its own overall growth.

Don't worry about it. You know the story of the Tower of Babel for a reason. They tried to break out of the simulation, and look what happened.

Sorry bro, its not a simulation or a game. For one its too perfect, whwn was the last time you played a game with zero bugs or exploits?

Iv been "playing" for over 30 years and iv never fot stuck in the wall fell though the floor or became the skybox.

Interesting thought. I appreciate your seeing how this concept could actually work and evolve on its own.

It was a huge success

I have also thought about this in a different way. Have you ever seen those videos or articles about how if you zoom into cell level on something it begins to resemble our universe?
Here the only thing I could find on it doing a quick search with those terms:
youtube.com/watch?v=zgkAXiCii00
What is we are actually inside a cell? That would mean there are more cells outside ours for one, and that we exist on some sort of microscopic level. But we can also never see what is beyond the interior of ours.

Attached: ayyyy.gif (499x427, 231K)

Attached: AngelicLanguages.png (619x355, 28K)

The only way to actually break out of the simulation is to do something so impressive to its creators that they move you up a level

Attached: Templeos-header.png (650x490, 20K)

Why?
It's the same thing as , people just try to build up all these extra things so there's an easy way for them to get out.
again

Occam's Razor

What's perfect about it?

here is another weird re-occuring theme I found searching for that video
>Do brain cells actually resemble the Universe?
medium.com/@shivamnow/do-brain-cells-actually-resemble-the-universe-dce5ce9603aa
>Universe Grows Like a Giant Brain
livescience.com/25027-universe-grows-like-brain.html

It all makes perfect sense if we look at it actually logically.

All is balanced, all "exists", we create what we create (thoughts, decisions, feelings, physical interactions, etc. , etc) for the purpose of feeding useful data to the layer above us.

Ultimately we'll never go out of existence, but unless we prove ourselves exceptionally usefull we'll keep going round and round on this layer of reality

I don't have faith a god exists for certain but I don't think it's totally impossible either. despite that, I'm an atheist and think of myself as such, since it's about the lack of belief in god that defines that for me. but this simulated stuff... it sounds.... exactly the same as god.

why is god not OK but ohh yeah an intelligent AI? game player? makes perfect sense? these people sheesh.

Appropriate
youtube.com/watch?v=OKnpPCQyUec

not a simulation but we are part of an organ. still
not sure what we are made for. We are no different than the blood cells in the body the human
possess energy and that useful energy powers it up. Humans are needed to keep this living thing going!

Occam's razor says quite clearly:

1) we exist as a conscious, learning, self improving entity
2) that implies that we are not exceptional, in fact there are probably billions or trillions like us
3) from what we know, neural networks or something similar are the only way to create new and useful information (unique data)
4) our primary output is unique data

seems pretty obvious no?

>unless we prove ourselves exceptionally usefull we'll keep going round and round on this layer of reality

That's a hell of a thought. Now I need a drink.

ok so for every single living thing we know, they exist in a reality defined by their exponentially more powerful superiors...

amoeba >> bacteria >> plant forms >> simple animal forms >> lizards >> mammals >> apes >> people >> etc

why the fuck would we, being rational, presume we're at the top of the universal food chain?

>pic related

Attached: 7081293475981.jpg (546x361, 51K)

>a conscious entity
>a
Singular.
The "we" only exists as a consequence of neural networks being physically separated in different units, aka individual humans.
But that only pertains to the construction and processing of data, not the experience of them.

Occam's Razor does not state in the slightest that there are multiple "players" on the outside who get to pick what lives they live through, or get to somehow upgrade for future lives.

All of it is cope. People want an easy way out.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive, user. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen. At any given time maybe there are only a few players chosen among the many that are called to play and the others sit out as NPCs.

plz spot me some gold, armor, weapons and a thicc qt3.14 k thx

>RPC
Did you never really play an RPG game ? The term has always been NPC, non-player character. Something fishy with you.

Attached: 1522445237864.png (500x500, 33K)

I don't know, I don't relate to that kind of thinking and don't get it. surely at least some alien space chad is out there and could slap our shit. or something that's not perceptible to us could be there. If God or a god or an ai or a game player, whatever, is out there, ok fine. Existence is existence whether they're there or not. We cannot know yet imo.

> The "we" only exists as a consequence of neural networks being physically separated in different units, aka individual humans.

which is a reflection of the fundamental material of the universe

unless you believe that we are the conscious 0.000001% of the universe and the smartest fuckers ever despite our existence composing a minute fraction of it

> Occam's Razor does not state in the slightest that there are multiple "players" on the outside who get to pick what lives they live through, or get to somehow upgrade for future lives.

occam's razor says we are not exceptional. which means consciousness and intelligence and self improvement (evolution) are not exceptional, which strongly implies some, most or all the universe is composed of that same consciousness

> All of it is cope. People want an easy way out.

isn't the biggest cope imagining that you're so fucking exceptional in a multiverse situation that you were for a brief second the only thing that really mattered? aka atheism and everything similar to it

Attached: 666.png (1126x456, 156K)

no doubt, but for the vast majority of existent things, they are very "average" ... if we imagine ourselves as being super average entities in the universe what do we conclude?