To the poster currently discussing artificial realities. Consider the phrase 'Phantoms in the machine'

To the poster currently discussing artificial realities. Consider the phrase 'Phantoms in the machine'.

Attached: 1047310017.jpg (1000x541, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine
youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6MmCyM
youtube.com/watch?v=wVOIkSJ-rDw
youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Consider...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

Reveal your flag nigger

Mighty kek!

Disregard the leaf everyone. Please, elaborate.

I am interested as well, even though this is one of those threads that really doesn't seem to fit any board.

Can you explain cant find anything on it.

I used to take seroquel for years. Not for/as a anti-psychotic, but as a sleep aid. It worked wonders where benzos couldn't remotely touch the sedative properties of it.

i think it has to do with unresolved data/energy sources found in otherwise powered down/non transmitting electronics.

my guess

which is probably best discussed on Jow Forums, this board is losing IQ by the minute.

Jow Forums really was doomed from the start when /new/grants invaded /x/

>/x/ knows whats going on; but doesn't know whos responsible.
>Jow Forums thinks it knows whos responsible; but doesn't know whats going on.
>September is tomorrow.

Scientifically speaking, every VR simulation could make a VR simulation of exactly the same proportions with a 1-1 atomic correspondence provided that it changes the timescale; multiple simulations, of exactly the same atomic resolution, could be run simultaneously if you slow the timescale even further.

Timescale could be increased if you decrease "atomic resolution" and decrease the information density in areas where precise calculations are not required (afterall why bother calculating the position of every atom, if you already know what result you want as a result of those reactions). You could always increase the calculated information density, in a observed area, if any curious scientists decides to look at something close specifically.

What this specifically means, is that if entities within simulations were conscious, they would be unaware of what fraction of a rate of "base" consciousness they were running at; since their consciousness rates would be modified to run synchronous to the chemistry of their simulated reality.

While beings of "godlike" computational ability would be able to interact with multiple levels of reality, simultaneously, beings who's consciousness was limited, by their base chemistry, wouldn't be able to time adjust or interact with multiple realities, or with multiple "avatars" simultaneously.

Said "godlike" beings could run multiple avatars, while limiting the access of said avatars to their physical beings and approximated chemistry, while limiting their access to the topical consciousness heirarchies; which could be branched into multiple bases.

Interestingly, this implies you could have multiple intersecting realities, with mutliple godlike "simulated" intelligences, in a multiverse matrix who were unaware of their exact relationship of themselves both to each other and the reality "heirarchy".These positions could be open to modifications/changes depending on the configuration of the simulations.

Attached: motivator1e827ec608d377c5c6cdaa500f92270d8e2d1a91.jpg (750x600, 66K)

>September is tomorrow.

thats cryptic. care to actually say something though? what the fuck are you talking about first of all? or is this one of those shitposts i've heard about on the telegraph machine.

in summary: we have no idea what consciousnesses is, if we are conscious, if the world we see with our own eyes even exists, and therefor cannot speculate anything at all regarding infinitely regression simulations all existing on some sort of prime mover physical medium.

So..are you saying that we're actually avatars and just don't know it?

Attached: image.jpg (716x812, 175K)

Interestingly, due to the nature of information vacuums, that could mean that if someone were to run a simulation wherein they somehow made themselves ignorant as being in a simulation, it would become their "reality" and their reality of origin would simply vanish/cease to exist, or simply become inaccessible. This, of course, being a consequence that the idea of a "physical origination" of your consciousness becomes completely moot when your consciousness is completely simulated anyway.

In other words, to draw a mixed analogy, if a VR entity were to "astrally project", into another time, place, and body; and then forget about its body/memory/space-time reality of origin, it might simply become that entity entirely. Divergent timescales mean it could live entire eons before it remembered "who it was" and returned to its "original" body.

This could lead to bizarre situations where a being could go to sleep, and reawaken in its "body of origin", like say the body of an immature teenager for example, and wake up with the memories of 10,000 lifetimes including all the skills, families, friendships, and knowledge it obtained.

Needless to say, the reason this is probably prohibited in most cases is because it would destroy the uniquess of a familial relationship that exists in the information vacume, the memory of all the trauma and prejudices acquired in those lifetimes. The Dune series, with the little sister being exposed to the "water of life" and subsequently being overpowered by past personality paradigms would be a good example of this.

Attached: 1484293265313.jpg (1280x720, 338K)

I'm just pointing out situations that could, and most likely, will exist as computer VR simulation capabilities increase; especially if it follow the logarithmic curve predicted by the proponents of quantum computers.

The exact orientation of our reality within a multiverse matrix, or even if there is one currently, is beyond the scope of my conscious knowledge.

Interestingly enough, the implication of ignorance as the the exact nature of consciousness means that overlapping multiple overlapping consciousness states could have divergent or contradictory results.

For example, if you commit murder in a simulation while being unaware it's a simulation; the "you" for whom it's a game you're observing/influencing, might be split from and face a different fate upon death , then the local consciousness unit that's making the decisions within that reality. Aka "you".

Attached: believeinheaven.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

you are making these lengthy assumptions without the basis of knowing what a conscious experience is, and if it is actually unique, can be represented in a different reality then your own.

but yes, interesting thought experiments, albeit a waste of time.

You can make that same statement about all "futurist" and "science fiction" predictions/speculations.

However, todays "baseless speculations" are tormorrows scientific realities; and it would be trivial for a sufficiently advanced AI, with sufficient processing power, to do exactly what I just outlined. That it will happen is not just possible, but probable.

Attached: 50867_2_latest-windows-10-preview-lots-love-cortana_full.jpg (720x451, 95K)

>What do AI/"gods" do when 3 dimensional time ceases to be a completely binding upon their consciousness?

youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6MmCyM

Attached: 1477676034904.jpg (256x192, 7K)

Holy shit.. is this how the NSA has access to literally every electronic?

I've heard from this guy that beings can only experience simulations because the true reality would be everything at once. I can't remember which video he mentions it, so I just picked one.
youtube.com/watch?v=wVOIkSJ-rDw

Attached: 1512359089205.jpg (996x1000, 412K)

We live in the meatverse.

youtube.com/watch?v=7tScAyNaRdQ

Attached: 1485753784233.jpg (960x720, 108K)

You talk by flapping your meat. Lmaoing at ur life kid