Is there any reason to believe in God in 2018?

Is there any reason to believe in God in 2018?

Attached: God.jpg (700x544, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkHfpwPmvmY
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtube.com/watch?v=MLC4X0gQVAc
youtube.com/watch?v=21LLZ544rk4
youtube.com/watch?v=2-kNXwCBkb4
buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda03.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=7yk-a66swN8
youtube.com/watch?v=vEZ14Oiz3RE
youtube.com/watch?v=EyC1Y6GO11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=UkHfpwPmvmY

Yes, it angers the Jew.

The absolute state of atheists is reason enough to believe in God.

absolutely no reason to believe in any abrahamic god

>basing your entire belief in the universe on something just because it makes someone else angry

>entire belief in the universe
>imagine being this much a self-absorbed child that these things matter so you can write a biography and be known for your specific philosophy

>Is there any reason to believe in God in 2018?
>Yes, it angers the Jew.
proudly wearing the chains of slavery because it will anger the master.
best logic

proof satan is real. if theres a hell theres a heaven

Attached: DJBdM6cW4AULbzw.jpg (978x1200, 245K)

Being an atheist got boring for me and everyone else. Time to switch things up and start talking about God and the Virgin Mary for us Catholics.

Yes, but no one here knows it

That's proof that mental illness is real, which was never a question.

Not in Finland.

Attached: 1535281411423.jpg (759x646, 107K)

>universes, life, people, irreducible harmony and complexity just arose out of nothingness or chance and are maintained by no power or intelligence in particular...
No.
Our origin and purpose is God. The eternal intelligence that created and maintains what we perceive as reality.

If you want truth seek your origin, and yes it's more fundamental than evolution, time or space.

There's no good reason not to be Christian. What we know about Christ and his apostles is a sufficient foundation for faith. And we know God exists by intuition and logic. So hurry up and convert.

Attached: blessed.png (225x225, 9K)

>be leaf
>thinks logic and reasons are important when the culture is being debased with jewry

>Truth
>Justice
>Righteousness
>love
>eternal life with god and loved ones
>morality and righteous indignation of those who practice evil
>peace and clarity

All these things can be yours if you open your heart to the light

I bet you believe in (((evolution))) to. How cute.

Cool, where do I get them?

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

The entirety of reality points toward the existence of a singular intelligent creator. There is no other satisfactory explanation for the problem of why there is something rather than nothing, nor will there ever be. Same as every year.

Now THAT is what I call LARP.

>Everything that ever happened ever was caused by pure coincidence
Whenever I have moments of doubt I remember this then disregard atheism

Well it might be pretty damn rare. But it happened, because we are here.

Yes, but god is evil

From what I gathered from researching Abrahamic religions is that all of them is just bdsm-like slave mentality, some of it on steroids and mostly tailored to ages before scientific research was put forward. On the other hand, pagans are just rebellious outcasts fed up with modern life so they chose to believe that at a time of living in hovels was superior.

No, there is no reason.
It's or 'repent for your human functions' or 'believe that trees are sacred', both are fucking buckshit.

>Muh morals

You don't need religion to teach a collective not to steal, rape, etc.
Just look at Germany in WW2, teaching a population they are superior just so their capital can be mass-raped a few years down the line.

Attached: 1535619092137m~2.jpg (915x501, 67K)

Oh nice, typos.
Fuck off.

Nihilism (and/or existentialism) is the end point of disbelief in God, or any higher transcendent existence. That is as far as we can go: either an acceptance of pointlessness which leads to ultimate despair, or rather than despair deciding to embrace any given pointless thing to escape despair, while still accepting its ultimate pointlessness. Human nature requires an immaterial goal. Every existential crisis points toward this. As society has moved away from God, it has moved towards hedonism; tireless pursuit of material means of obtaining at least a moment of happiness and fulfillment. When people obtain this fleeting goal, they are satisfied for a rime before needing to pursue something else. Where they are unable to reach this goal, they often turn to drugs, alcohol, tv, vidya, etc... distractions. Or, they kill themselves. Hence the rising numbers of drug addicts and suicides, esp. among young white men.
So yes. There is a good reason to at least seek God, even if you don't quite have complete belief that God exists. Pursuit of an immaterial goal satisfies that which no material thing can. Essentially, we have a "God-sized" hole in our being, a veritable infinite abyss as Nietzsche would call it, and any endeavors to fill it with material or finite things will only work for a short time (if at all).

Mental illness is real yes, heaven and hell? Don't know but probably not.

I don't know about belief, but I do think that people need a gathering place. I huge problem the world is facing at the moment, is the lack of community. Church was traditionally that place of gathering, but if we go forward without God, I think it'd be beneficial to replace church with another communal gathering place.

You don't need to have a higher purpose to live a meaningful life though.

You dont have to take pleasure as your life goal. Pleasure is meaningless.

BASED PASTOR JEWDERSON

Attached: 1526847626391.png (853x861, 622K)

Lots of reasons. Just no good reasons.

>The entirety of reality points toward the existence of a singular intelligent creator.
Who created God?

>You don't need to have a higher purpose to live a meaningful life though.
What a compelling argument.
>You dont have to take pleasure as your life goal. Pleasure is meaningless.
That is simply one example of many things which people choose to pursue as a distraction from despair, once they accept the belief that life is meaningless.

>Lies (See all the denominations,can figure out which is right)
>Injustice (Can't seem to take care of the Satan problem, but will kill men for less)
>Righteousness (See above)
>Love (the word love is never used once by God until Abraham and even then it wasn't to him)
>Eternal Life with God and loved ones (only those that God likes and you are still alive in Hell)
>Morality (You seem to forget that God both makes and creates evil by His own words)
>Peace and Clarity (He already sent evil spirit to lie to people and war)

Your own God says otherwise dude.

Yeah why not? Did he stop existing in 2018 or something?
>(((Finland)))
>le pagan euronigger
Ah, carry on.

Is there any reason to believe in the matter in 2018?

The existence of universal physical constants that govern the universe's laws is certain proof of a divine creator

Life is not meaningless though. At least not for me.

Attached: 18165995.png (881x703, 138K)

Attached: 1535698463272.jpg (736x1104, 496K)

Honestly, yes.

IMO research into Near Death Experiences, they are numerous, and they can make a good case collectively...

IME praying to Jesus for the well being of yourself and others, improves mood.

Also IME practically trying out the theistic psychology of Emmanuel Swedenborg, actually worked in improving my psychology...

youtube.com/watch?v=21LLZ544rk4

Attached: Sexy_Almost_Naked_Girls_Reading_1.jpg (600x540, 52K)

Life, the spirit

If you want to cling on to the old and better world, then yes.

My guess is that you have found a sufficient level of distractions, and that your material situation has remained consistently comfortable enough that you haven't examined any deep existential questions in any sufficient measure.

if you are a niggerlover there are many reasons

No, unless if you’re a pussy who made himself a make-believe world filled with myths and fairies, just out of fear of mortality.

>What we know about Christ
kek
that's the joke, almost all followers don't know that it's a myth, just like the myth of you having a foreskin
why lie like jews?
not a good way to battle when they play the lying game very well

I was an atheist until I smoked 5meodmt. Then I realized I’m god and so is everyone and everything else

I question my existence everyday and I always come to the same conclusion that there is no answers to be had. I have accepted my ignorance.

Is there any reason not to? There is the same amount of evidence in either direction - none. It always puzzles me when atheists claim to be the spokespeople of science when their views are predicated on the absence of evidence. Why not admit that you simply don't know, but have faith in the existence (or nonexistence) of God?

>caused by pure coincidence
Things happen all the time. There's nothing miraculous about it.

Operating on faith can be dangerous. We see tons of people killing in the name of their religion.

How? The jews made him up for fucks sake.

I've been thinking about getting into spirituality lately. I've been an atheist for many years.

I still don't like the Abrahamic religions. Jesus was some brown skinned kike.

Hell, if I'm going to believe in a non-European religion I might as well go for an Eastern religion. They have more substance to offer a person, rather than this "God loves you, but you'll go to Hell" stuff.

Our continued existence.

You experienced the Absolute with exogenous dmt? Congrats on your luck. The Masters can order their pineal gland to secrete dmt into the bloodstream and lift the Veil at will. They trip without aid of outside substances.

No.

there's nothing else though

youtube.com/watch?v=2-kNXwCBkb4

Attached: 1527330376724.jpg (900x515, 103K)

Yeah dude I took 3 really big hits off a dab rig. It came on super quick. I died and had some profound realizations.

Same reasons as there was to believe in God in the medieval Europe and in the Graeco-Roman era and as there always will be.

Pascal's wager.
I'm tired of atheists. If you we're reasoned and logical you would believe in God.
Atheism is a bet. A gamble.
If you think betting against God is a good idea, you've probably been indoctrinated by satanic kikes.

Of course not. Instead you should believe in the god.

I think buddhism is the most refined religion. Buddhism doesn't really try to answer the questions about God because it sees that as irrelevant to your own enlightenment.

>The Buddha, like modern sociologists and psychologists, believed that religious ideas and especially the god idea have their origins in fear. The Buddha says:

>Gripped by fear people go to sacred mountains, sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines.

>Primitive humans found selves in a dangerous and hostile world, the fear of wild animals, of not being able to find enough food, of injury or disease, and of natural phenomena like thunder, lightning and volcanoes were constantly with them. Finding no security, they created the idea of gods in order to give them comfort in good times, courage in times of danger and consolation when things went wrong. To this day, you will notice that people become more religious at times of crises, you will hear them say that the belief in a god or gods gives them the strength they need to deal with life. You will hear them explain that they believe in a particular god because they prayed in time of need and their prayer was answered. All this seems to support the Buddha's teaching that the god-idea is a response to fear and frustration. The Buddha taught us to try to understand our fears, to lessen our desires and to calmly and courageously accept the things we cannot change. He replaced fear, not with irrational belief but with rational understanding.

buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda03.htm

>The second reason the Buddha did not believe in a god is because there does not seem to be any evidence to support this idea. There are numerous religions, all claiming that they alone have god's words preserved in their holy book, that they alone understand god's nature, that their god exists and that the gods of other religions do not. Some claim that god is masculine, some that she is feminine and others that it is neuter. They are all satisfied that there is ample evidence to prove the existence of their god but they laugh in disbelief at the evidence other religions use to prove the existence of another god. It is not surprising that with so many different religions spending so many centuries trying to prove the existence of their gods that still no real, concrete, substantial or irrefutable evidence has been found. Buddhists suspend judgement until such evidence is forthcoming.

>The third reason the Buddha did not believe in a god is that the belief is not necessary. Some claim that the belief in a god is necessary in order to explain the origin of the universe. But this is not so. Science has very convincingly explained how the universe came into being without having to introduce the god-idea. Some claim that belief in god is necessary to have a happy, meaningful life. Again we can see that this is not so. There are millions of atheists and free-thinkers, not to mention many Buddhists, who live useful, happy and meaningful lives without belief in a god. Some claim that belief in god's power is necessary because humans, being weak, do not have the strength to help themselves. Once again, the evidence indicates the opposite. One often hears of people who have overcome great disabilities and handicaps, enormous odds and difficulties through their own inner resources, through their own efforts and without belief in a god. Some claim that god is necessary in order to give man salvation. But this argument only holds good if you accept the theological concept of salvation and Buddhists do not accept such a concept. Based on his own experience, the Buddha saw that each human being had the capacity to purify the mind, develop infinite love and compassion and perfect understanding. He shifted attention from the heavens to the heart and encouraged us to find solutions to our problems through self-understanding.

A couple of thoughts regarding that:
>belief in the absence of God without evidence is also purely faith
>it could be argued that abortion, typically supported by atheism, kills more, especially in a contemporary sense
>being dangerous is not solely the domain of the faithful, and the dangers of zealotry are not part of your original complaint

I don't disagree with you that blind faith can be dangerous, even deadly, but there is only one major example of contemporary dangerous religion. Why shit on everyone else - even the nonabrahamic faiths - for lacking evidence of substantiation when atheism also lacks appreciable evidence?

I had the same view of Christianity for a long time, that it was 'unsophisticated', and eastern religions had more depth.

Honestly, I think that's due to the millions of dollars of marketing and funding that Evangelical, Mormon, and Jehovah's witnesses have. They seem to have become the 'face' of Christianity.

Catholicism has a lot intellectual sophistication, but understandably has a bad rep due to the Child sexual abuse cover ups and the wealth hoarding of the vatican.

If you grew up in Christian majority country, I would strongly rethinking and research Christianity, because culturally and historically it will give you a deeper sense of 'belonging' that Eastern Religions.

Also, cross cultural psychology shows that there are literal cognition differences between people who grew up in the east, and people who grew up in the west. Which are reflected in the religions, so if you don't live in the East you will be attempting to change your cognition in an environment that doesn't support that.

I follow neo-Christianity, because traditional Christianity doesn't satisfy me intellectually or spiritually.

I can recommend a few names to show how 'sophisticated' Christianity can be; Emmanuel Swedenborg, Ilia Delio, Richard Rohr, Thomas Merton, Michael Dowd, and Howard Storm.

Here are 3 videos I highly recommend, I can only ask that you spend a couple of hours watching them before writing off Christianity...

Evolution and the Primacy of Love:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yk-a66swN8

Turning the World on Its Head: Subverting the Honor/Shame System:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEZ14Oiz3RE

Jesus, Near-Death Experiences & Religion:

Like I said though, I consider myself a neo-Christian.

Attached: capri.png (1366x768, 735K)

Attached: 1532098173193.png (612x392, 466K)

Sorry to disappoint you, but even Abrahamic theology is much more down to earth than the peasant interpretation that includes magic, faeries and tall tales and scary eternal punishment sentences.
There is only one religion, a perennial, natural religion, of which all others are an imperfect copy or purposefully biased interpretation.
Check out who the Abrahamics copied from. It does not help you to read about Eastern religion when you (and most American users on this site) don't even understand Western religion. I tell you this because the Tao, the Vedas and the teachings of the Buddha all derive from the same root as the Abrahamics Zoroaster, the Pythagorean philosophers, the Egyptian High Priests (who in truth are monotheistic, unlike the peasants) and all relevant schools of thought.
Your first step is to ignore everything all idiots ever told you about religion, because they are wrong. Philosophy is incomprehensible to low IQ humans, that's why we feed them the tale of "behave well or else", because they are literally incapable of deducing moral guidelines from religion itself.
Yes, most religious followers, from a theological standpoint, aren't even religious. They are just sheep who need smarter people to guide them to be good (true priests) or bad (what pol calls jews, satanists and hedonists). That's why priests refuse to 'abandon their flock', they know impulsive dumb people will hurt each other and themselves without guidance.

If you're really interested in religion in its true theological sense, forget everything you think you know about Life, Death, God, Heaven, Hell, Demons, Angels, miracles and inconsistent mythology. These are lies. Willing lies we feed you.

>Nihilism (and/or existentialism) is the end point of disbelief in God,
Nihilism is for people. Like most reasonable things, It doesn't operate under the assumption that any gods exist.

>pointlessness
That's the 12-year old's understanding. Existential nihilism, which posits that life is filled with the purpose, meaning or value that people give it. Ridiculous claims of "objective meaning" from gods are discarded.

>tireless pursuit of material means
The technical term for this is predatory capitalism, or culture industry.

I don't know about that, but I assure you any religious or philosophical realization you have while high is pure coincidence. Some drugs offer shifts in perspective which help 'open up' stubborn introverts but there is no necessity for any of them.

Believe in God but not in a kike on a stick

Attached: age of reason.jpg (333x499, 33K)

Faith means believe in supernatural. I only belive in what is natural. That which is perceivable by senses.

Atheism doesn't make you belive in anything that has no evidence.

This

Have you looked into Natural Law? Thoughts?

Attached: leo.jpg (500x333, 31K)

Buddhism uses the same source material as the Torah, the Vedas, the Tao, etc.
The bad reputation of Abrahamic religions is due to the fact that most people who claim to follow them don't. They don't even understand it. If I tell you a blatant theological untruth and you agree, I can conclude you are unprepared for reality and simply let you believe whatever you want as long as you do no harm. Indeed, Christianity opened the doors to worldwide religious decline when a few people declared a random, mortal, finite animal priest to be the avatar and physical embodiment of the ontological and epistemological source of all objective reality.
God does not have a human appearance or even human emotions separate from a human body. If you look where there is NO contradiction, you will discover most religions point to the same principle and source, and simply disagree on its nature and how to worship it, but mostly share the same properties, which were philosophically discovered and rediscovered through deductive reasoning in the last 5000 or so years.

It’s incorrect to even consider what I was as “high”. I didn’t even exist for the 5 minutes I was under the influence. It felt like I was me plus everything that ever existed and will ever exist. I knew everything and could do everything. It felt like I was in this state for eternity. Truly mind blowing stuff.

I dont think there is any reason to belive in objective morals.

>That which is perceivable by senses.
So you don't think mathematics and formal logic have any merit? You believe the world is as you perceive it even after everyone in the scientific community states otherwise? Check out how the relativity of simultaneity plays out with your materialist cosmology.

Fair assessment, I have just started studying it.
I believe morals as taught within Christianity as I was taught when I was young. But Christian's today have been subverted into being submissive into being pathologically altruistic, i.e. turning the other cheek. We need radical change from that.

>faith makes you believe in the supernatural
I have faith that I will wake up tomorrow. That isn't supernatural. Faith is a word with many definitions, and oftentimes one of them deals with God and religion. However, a side definition, "Form belief in something without proof" (from Mirriam Webster) encapsues atheism's belief in the lack of a creator as well.

They're two sides of the same coin, and the only thing we can collectively say for sure is "we don't know but evolution is a thing and creationists are retarded."

God IS the natural law.

I looked into those religions (I practiced Chi Kung and had profound experiences), and the perennial philosophy, I looked into Islam, Sikhism, Hindusim, and Buddhism. I came back to Christianity - and I do believe that Jesus is an incarnation of God.

However, I am not an exclusivist, however I do believe that Jesus is the best and easiest path to connect to God.

Here are 2 videos about Jesus that I hope you take the time to watch...

youtube.com/watch?v=EyC1Y6GO11s

Attached: cindy.jpg (500x700, 40K)

Yes, I know what it is even though I never experienced it (in this cycle, at least). That's what happens after the death of the ego, you realise that you occupy infinite volume and have always been and will be. Time is literally relative in that all apparent motion is an illusion. What you experienced is essentially God's POV. We all have the same source, so in principle everyone can dial back to the Absolute and experience exactly what you described. Unfortunately for you and all of us, there are 2 no-go theorems stopping you from accessing nonclassical information and relaying it to us classically (you cannot convert qubits into bits and vice versa, and there is another entity above the qubit which likewise cannot be translated), and also lack of computational power. Your finite brain can barely make sense of the divine frame of reference.
Did you see that reality is eternal in total, but appears to move in the dense regions? Did you understand that what we call particles and waves are neither and possess properties of both? Did you notice the principles of Relativity and Superposition permeate all of the apparent mobile shadows of the objective reality?
I could reveal to you so much of what you saw.

The importance of Jesus is not the man, but the teachings. Jesus himself warned against worshipping him instead of Him. Its idolatry, and it is the reason why Christianity often dabbles in animism. Jesus was, and is, like all of us, part animal and part divine. The Father's essence is divinity. The only animal component of God is the existence of rational beings who can perceive themselves as an ego in an external world, blind to the truth that there is only one being, who by involution can refract the arche into a sensible body ignorant of its nature.

Can something come from nothing? If yes, why doesn’t it happen more often?

Pascal's wager.

god is an atheist

>The importance of Jesus is not the man, but the teachings.

I think that is a false dichotomy.

God is (in Christian, and Sikh theology) both Love and Truth, so to worship god is to follow his way, and to follow his way is to worship him.

Praying to god (ie. communicating with God) connects us to God, just like regularly interacting with a person will deepen our bond to a person.

I hope you aren't advising people not to communicate, interact or develop love of Jesus (which is what people commonly mean by worship).

>Jesus was, and is, like all of us, part animal and part divine.

The videos agree with you.

Honestly, nothing of what you wrote (apart from trying to steer people away from 'worship' but you haven't defined what you mean by that) contradicts the videos I posted.

Have you looked into the Theology of Emmanuel Swedenborg (the theologian that the 2nd video is based on)?

Attached: capri2.png (1366x768, 704K)

Is there a reason to believe in Finland in 2018?

I honestly can’t come up with words to describe it. It’s feeble to even try. But it’s burned into my mind and I can just about flash back to it whenever I want. It’s not a full on experience but a nice little reminder

Is there any reason not to?

No. Ex nihilo nihil fit. And so we must either posit the existence of a cause or deny creation in favor of timelessness.
The cause for a creation requires itself a cause according to logic. Since each cause is preceeded by some more fundamental antecedent, we face an infinite regress of creators seemingly without an end, which is incompatible with a creation. And so we exclude this 'turtles all the way down' hypothesis.
If we posit that there exists a first creator we not only again face the question of its origin, but also why it began existing or begat existence when it did? Thus we exclude a First Creator 'before the beginning of time' (a phrase which is a contradiction by itself).
By exclusion, we are forced to conclude that the only explanation that is not based on a logical contradiction is the one that denies a beginning altogether. And so we posit a single eternal entity in a timeless landscape of infinite size that has no moving parts, but possesses parts capable of experiencing themselves living IN it, WITHIN it and THROUGH it, and that these parts can only ever perceive a World in constant motion, where not a single immobile particle is ever encountered, as a logical sequence of events ordered by the structure of that single infinite primordial being. All that seems to be, isn't, and is always an ill defined and fuzzy part of the whole, which is the ultimate reality, and lies outside of our perception simply because the senses are a thing of the mobile illusion (an interaction is required to make any observation), while the Things That Are are motionless, eternally stable, and globally true.
And so, as we 'perceive' time to pass, what was present is now past and what was future is now present, yet since all in here is in motion, nothing can be defined as essentially real, and in truth the experience of time passing is constant and continuous creation and dissolution of matter, which is condensed energy, which is refracted light from Above.

Bretty good immunization from spiritual inversion

JARGON

no

It isn't a false dichotomy. The worship of the truth is a most divine thing. The problem which I was referring to is that most Christians idolise Jesus, the body, and not Christos, their actual God. Do you understand? It's the 'pearls to swine' case where we try to tell you the truth using our hands as analogy and you become obsessed with our hands and forget the content.
The problem of these faux Christians isn't that they conflate Jesus with the Christos, they misinterpret the meaning of it. He tried to do then what I try to do now: to tell you that the Logos lives in all of us without fail, to tell you that we are all God and in God but not as individuals. Unfortunately, most know not what they do, but they are forgiven. And as a final critique directed at all pretenders of Abrahamic religions, I quote the man himself: If ye were the children of Abraham, ye wouldst do the deeds of Abraham.