Are farmers in the west rich?

during the lectures some of my professors said that generally farmers in the west are rich is that true pol? seems really questionable

Attached: IMG_5865-Recovered_2048.jpg (1365x2048, 376K)

Watch The Daily Shoah Episode 66 - Amerikan Kulak for a deep dive on why marxist jewish or jew-leaning professors will always slander and attack these groups

Or read Practikal Idealismus by Coundenhove-Kalergi

Some are depends on your crop. Onion farmers make a lot but people that raise chickens are usually in hella debt.

Maybe if you own 200k acres and receive subsidies.

Farmers are some of the richest people I know, I have never heard of a poor farmer. That said I know a few truckers that own 40 acres and grow hay and they are always strapped for cash.

yes, usually because of farming subsidies

ive seen a farmer buy an 80k truck because he needed to burn the cash for tax purposes. that doesnt mean every farmer is rich but the decent ones definitely have money.

I know farmers that make about 500k a years. And I live in poorville

American farmers actually do make quite a bit of money. Farmers in the US have an average income that is way above that of most households, farmers just don't seem like they make a lot of money because large portions of their profits go to buying equipment, seeds, etc.

I've heard it's also expensive just to get into farming and to maintain the equipment needed to make a lot

Most are pretty well off, but like the other annon said, they have a lot of debt because of the growing cycle. The dust bowl that hit the US in the 1930s messed up the cycle causing a lot of farms to be foreclosed.

I think people are confused about what a "farmer" is. If you've always lived in the city, it sounds like one family with 40 acres of land. That is not today's farmer. Saying you are a farmer means owning a large business with expensive assets and small margins. Owning a farm is more like running a factory in size and scope.

Usually they have a lot of assets and not just a pile of cash.

I believe you 100%

You fag, it's because they have more leverage than ever because of automated tech. Its like owning 500 apartment rooms vs vegan fags that farm 20 chickens thinking they're gonna make it rich even if they sell for $6/lb of chicken.

Revenue does not equal profit. Farmers usually have huge amounts of easily liquidated assets (farm land and equipment are relatively easy to sell). Which means they are able to hold very large lines of credit. If they aren't paying stuff off then sure they'll make a crazy cash, but that isn't a universal truth. Farm equipment ain't cheap. You'll be baying off a bailer for as long as you own the farm it is used on.

This and doctors, surgeons etc are some of those jobs I'm fully happy with men making 500k or more from.

Survivorship bias. There’s no ‘one weird trick’ to getting rich if that’s what they’re going for. You could make the same statement for about anything “people who started toothpaste companies/soft drink companies/retailers are rich”
Farming is like real estate, it’s a levered bet - if it works out you get rich, if not you go broke.

Yeah but they get impossible loans due to their role in the productive chain.

That’s true, but on the other hand, you aren’t exactly going to be seeing a farmer drive around in anything but a current year vehicle. Won’t ever see a farmer in a 10 year old Honda Civic. They live very very comfortably

Farmers have big revenue but lots of expenses and prices for their crops vary year to year so although a few years may be goos there will be a few years of losses as well. There is profit to be made for sure but it's some fucking work I don't want to do.

>farmers all drive new vehicles
No

If you're thinking of family farms, then no.

Farms have cut costs to the point where they don't make money unless they use mostly immigrants (illegal) as labor. It's also an economy of scale, so megafarms are way more efficient and cheap to run than smaller farms.

75% of farmers here have to work a second job.

Farmers are literally paid to not grow shit. You tell me if they're rich or not

ITT: people who have never farmed.

Unless you you mean a “farmer” that has chickens and a vegetable garden yes I’m right

They get massive gibs, have huge areas of land & drive expensive cars, so yeah I'm guessing they're rich.

Bull shit. Some do because they’re bored out of their mind from getting paid to do nothing all day

There's lots of old money in some farms but mostly no. They're just frugal and tend to save or invest which leads to the appearance.

Yes and no. Larger farms or ranchers typically have huge net incomes and receive tax breaks or subsidies to boot. However, their expenses are typically pretty large as well. They constantly need to update equipment as well to stay ahead of the competition and on the cutting edge of the technology. If there's a bad year, or water rights issues, or drought, or bug kill, or seed shortage, ect it can ruin an entire year or more profit.
Extremely large agricultural operations are pretty immune to a lot of those influences. If you wanted to start a hundredish acre farm on your own though, you better start praying for good rain the next five years so maybe you can not go bankrupt.

Farmer can cover a range of people from subsistence row cropper to Kansas corn man with 10k acres in growth. Those Kansas farmers are upper middle class but that row cropper ain’t.

I went to a pretty exclusive school with boarders most of whom were kids of farmer they're tend to be rich as fuck down here, always crying poor mouth off course but they often get greedy and get into a lot of debt that banks are only too willing to give them, when a drought comes round they get polexed lose everything and/or kill themselves. So its not all roses

>farmers
>in the west
Yeah. The government is rich.

I grew up farming, real farming with planters and combines and all that. There are farmers who have a lot of money, and farmers who don’t.

It’s a lot of work and it’s risky. Like anything else.

Where the fuck do you live? I'm in the Shenandoah valley and every farmer I've ever known might own one decent car but the one he drives in a truck older than your dad. Shit, where I work they've got about 2k acres and just got rid of dads 98 neon.

Land prices tripled in the last 7 years. So yeah. £25k per hectare.

Farmers are a lot like investors. They live on borrowed/leveraged wealth and can lose it all in a day if shit doesn't work out for them.
One year a farmer can be technically worth several hundred million and the next year that same farmer is liquidating all of his heavy equipment to keep his land from being foreclosed on.

Depends on your definition of rich. Are they living a life of luxury, buying yahcts, and eating caviar? Maybe a handful of farmers could afford that if they wanted. If they were to liquidate their assets, selling off many acres of land and large farm equipment, would they have significantly more money than the average person? Yes, but then their livelihood is gone, and a tradition that has likely been in their family for generations is wiped out.

tl; dr: Farmers own expensive equipment and valuable land, but your professor likely has more zeros in his bank account than the vast majority of farmers do.

If you were a farmer before the Canadian wheat board dissolved, then you're definitely rich.

Holy fucking shit, the amount of retardation some /pol users show is unbelievable. Loans were getting are 4.3%, which is even with all other loans in the industry like auto, home mortgage, etc. You're obviously a fucking idiot.

Again, you're a retard non-farmer speaking here.

Still fucking dumb, try again poor-fag

True.

If you idiots think "tax breaks" or subsidies is some sort of cheat, you've never run a business. They are working asset tax-write offs. The one perk some people think is crazy are GATE cards, where they don't have to pay tax on construction items you buy at Home Depot, etc. Doesnt matter because any form of tax just allows the seller to markup prices across the board. A 30 HP tractor alone is north of $30k without any attachments that you'll need to work. Why do you think college can inflate tuition fees so much, because of fucking tax breaks. The truth is, is if the govt got the fuck out of all forms of subsidies, prices will deflate across the board. It is the govt to blame, not the farmers for growing your fucking food retards.

"Hurr durr, I hate farmers for doing all the dirty work that it requires for me to only pay $2/lb of chicken so I can live my miserable existence of bitching"

First person here who kinda sounds legit. My experience is similar. I wish I could watch a reality show of all these ‘farming’s an easy path to riches’ idiots running a farm. My guess is they’d give up in about a week.

They are here. A lot of farmers here are millionaires.

Before 1913, yes.
If you look at the American farms with the large barns and mansion sized houses they are almost all before that year.
Why? That was the year Rothschild took control of the US monetary system.

I recently talked to a farmer cousin who now only harvests hay. I asked him why he doesn't grow crops and raise dairy cows anymore. He said "there ain't any money in it anymore."
That's the equipment, fuel, chemical, seed and all middleman costs.
It's just not worth the trouble.

Looks like another actual farmer has stumbled onto this thread.

Another question for these folks: if farming’s such easy money, why are farming communities shrinking? Might it be because the kids (and their parents) realized that they can make more money with less work and risk by doing something elose?

>Still fucking dumb, try again poor-fag
You're a fucking shit eater with no concept of the value of land here, and ZERO understanding of EU farming subsidies, stop sperging out over issues you have no knowledge in you ignorant fuck, kys.

aww poor fucking brit-fag, getting his wife fucked by jamal. You stupid fucks have been irrelevant ever since you stopped Gun Boat Diplomacy.

How about you go DO something about it and stop hiding your power level you pussy bitch. If England is that limited on land, scale up in processes you fuck-heads. I've seen pictures of your current-day cousin New Zealand chicken farmers using tech on the level of the Poos to grow their food. How fucking dumb can one be? I bet you make sense having loicenses.

Attached: ret.jpg (287x371, 20K)

depends, most aren't

what a fucking retarded thread. to think actual farmers would fucking waste their time talking to salty 14 year olds on a fucking anime imageboard.