Why should Math be required to graduate High School?

It teaches no actual life skills and makes it harder for minority students to graduate on time

Attached: 2equals1error.png (525x410, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(a/(b+c))+(b/(a+c))+(c/(a+b))=4
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(x/(y+z))+(y/(x+z))+(z/(y+x))=4
ettoday.net/dalemon/post/35225
youtube.com/watch?v=TlGXDy5xFlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't you just kill yourself?

Mathematical problem solving is the best way to determine raw intelligence.

In the 4th step you are dividing (a-b)/(a-b) which is 0/0. You cannot divide by 0 so that means a cannot equal b on this instance.

Between step 4 and 5, you are dividing by 0 (dividing by a-b = a-a =0)
Answer is wrong

Exactly
It's just fun to do it and make these fucked up equations

Retard. 0/0 is 0.

It develops your ability to think logically. It's weight training for your brain.

other way around faggot, English and History shouldn't be taught

If you're majoring in sciences, this shit just gets in your way.

>minority students
gooks and poos excel at math, what are you on about?

Attached: IMG_0642.jpg (1024x717, 183K)

you cant do anything in life without proper mathematical education .
if you finished high school and cant even do a laplace transform you're basically a waste of oxygen

Attached: 1534941802349.jpg (1287x1869, 164K)

6/0 is "what times 0 equals 6?"

Nothing.

What times 0 equals 0 moron?

>It teaches no actual life skills
Are you retarded? Maybe your joke of an education is so bad that this is true, but in Europe at least this is not the case.

Spics and nigs make up a majority of the minority population in the US dumbass. They're about 10-15 IQ points below whites.

solve this faget

Attached: 1521708077382.jpg (367x255, 18K)

nah senpai your own country's language and history should be taught in school so that you have some historical context for current big societal rends and can express yourself properly .
math and physics should take priority ofc

Attached: 1534974402017.jpg (564x960, 107K)

Because it's the best way to teach and enforce critical thinking, especially in a school setting. There is a seemingly-infinite amount of life skills you should be taught and known, but it would be impossible to teach you all this in school and people would still continue to argue what is important to know and what is (d/t to people living under different varied conditions). So it's better to focus on teaching you general concepts, like how to critically think, so you can apply that in obtaining what you need to know for your individual life.

dividing by a-b would be dividing by zero, cant do that. false proof is false.

obviously it had infinitely many solutions (or more exactly R^2)
pic related is the solution for one of the terms in terms of the other 2

Attached: ss+(2018-08-31+at+08.58.10).jpg (1284x482, 64K)

> a=b
> (a-b)=0
> divides by zero to get a+b=b
WHEN I HEAR MATH THAT BAD

Attached: BALDI.png (192x192, 59K)

>What times 0 equals 0 moron?
Including any other number. It's undefined.

>your own country's language and history should be taught in school
First of all these English classes are required all the way through your entry years of college. Most of them are completely bullshit, reading poems and writing essays and shit. The grading scale is entirely subjective. Most science people I know have incredible difficulty with them. Not that they matter, since most colleges taking STEM majors don't give a fuck about your grade in English. These classes are essentially a massive waste of time, they don't teach any applicable skills whatsoever.

English is the biggest one, because you're required 4 years in high school, minimum 2 years in college. But most of these other classes are similarly bullshit.

All numbers, duh. That's why 0/0 isn't 0, it's every number in existence.

yeah, now actually find one that satisfies the condition, such that they're all rational integers

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(a/(b+c))+(b/(a+c))+(c/(a+b))=4

mutts please explain
>tell how to make 10 when adding 8+5
i always thought 8+5=13, not 10
do mutts teach their kids some advanced esoteric axiomatic system that isnt what the rest of us use (ZFC)

Attached: 421201811135229917.jpg (540x540, 63K)

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(x/(y+z))+(y/(x+z))+(z/(y+x))=4

>using x,y,z for non functions
Fucking plebs.

I love calculus omg it teaches u how to solve big problems and break things down and build up.

Basically, a billionaire thought he knew better than everyone else how kids should be educated.

So his organization drew up these new standards, and started lobbying congress to implement them on a nationwide basis. Despite the fact that it never went through the proper testing procedures that all other educational devices go through

>no life skill
Maybe for stupid people. I'll admit I haven't even seen a PDE since 2016. But algebra is useful.

It's 1

ettoday.net/dalemon/post/35225

>American education

American education

None of these give whole number solutions. You kids can't just plug anything into a calculator and get the right answer.

Or maybe then want to cripple the little ones cognitive capacity.

a=b so dividing by a-b is dividing by zero, which isn't allowed under division
>brainlet.jpg

You can't divide by 0 you mong, and if anything it would be 1, which it isn't because it's impossible to divide by 0

>whole number solutions.
American education. At least say a definitive set of solutions. Not a number.

You can but it will end up with infinite = infinite.

So nice to see someone else who gets it. I've seen too many people post this image while trying to look smart and "break" math.

Public education should be abolished.

You sir, are retarded

You need to do a class that does proofs, induction, logical implication, boolean algebra etc.

It would solve half the problem of people not understanding arguments.

Just look at what Trump said during the election:

"If a woman perform as well as a man she should be paid equally"

That was taken as "women don't perform well" - I'm sure a good number of people actually believed that.

> through your entry years of college.
no it isnt , and my highschool had 3 mandatory language classes and still i had time for physics chemistry mechatronics and HS advanced math classes. uni had 100% only physics and math courses (there's a requirement for non-sci\math super easy courses but i passed them with 1 day studying)

grading in language classes is sure as fuck not subjective .

how is it not a function ? also what does it matter what you name the variables in a symbolic computing program ?
who are you referring to . and how are teachers supposed to understand and implement it if i cant and i have higher math education then math teachers .

what does
>make 10 when adding 8+5
mean ? the expression is clearly equal to a number which is not 10 how do you 'make' it 10 ?
the only thing i can think of is some 1984 doublespeak, doubletrhink training where the kids know it's 13 but train their brain to be able to not object to writing '8+5=10' (which is incorrect under normal math using ZFC).

either americans are receiving doublethink training or are using postmodern non axiomatic mathematics .

Attached: 1535008439315.png (636x407, 150K)

Unfortunately for you, you happen to be wrong about this semantic disagreement. The question does not ask for a definitive set of solutions. That is too general. It's very specific when it asks for the type of solution. I know reading English must be hard for a Peruvian but you have to do it to get the right answer.

Attached: old-man.jpg (490x600, 31K)

The jew wants you to learn history... or more precisely, wants to tell you about the 6 gorillion jews who died in the holocaust and how it's all your fault. Make sure to take up over 1/2 of the history class with it and demand it be "taught" every year for 12 years.

Attached: Hitler is a piece of shit.jpg (970x1329, 104K)

No, fuck you and your stupid pictures. Replace it with variables such as X, Y, and Z like an adult.

The level it is taught at today in high school has very little use for sure. Since the numeric ability would have been used extensively say 40-50 years ago is not needed at all today, while the logic which is developed as part of proof is not encountered at all in any normal high school class. It would be better if there was a shift towards more proof earlier, as that is really the foundation of problem solving and rational scientific thought but good luck getting it in. The teachers who would be required to teach it are dumb shits anyway so it doesn't even matter.

Obviously that’s the point. The niggers grades are always going to be shit, the point of this is to cripple the white kids common sense and fuck their grades too so it is easier for them to accept the ides of marxism by the time they reach college.

Side note: Every single jew must die, that’s the only way

0/0 is not a number.

no , there is no number named 'infinite' .and the expression you're talking about is clearly not a limit.
>That was taken as "women don't perform well"
no it wasnt , he never said they dont perform well

>Mathlet
0/0 = 0 * infinity = NaN.
You can try test values, with the idea that zero is a very small number and infinity is a very large number. This value will range from +0 to +infinity. The value can never be a pinpointed value since as there is no exact infinitesimal (towards +0) and no exact infinite value (towards +infinity). Hence NaN.

>In b4 'but it's actually 1!'
If you understood what I just said above, you would get why that's not true.

Attached: 1527209271813.jpg (1920x1237, 405K)

it true
everybody here shut fuck up

Attached: 1535304499007.jpg (235x215, 9K)

>durr I've never taken intermediate calculus

nigger detected

Attached: IMG_305.gif (300x300, 979K)

i agree that trumpcuck states should make education optional. you guys already lag behind the rest of the country in hilarious fashion, you may as well embrace your role as subhuman laborers for your yankee overlords.

Attached: SUBHUMANTRUMPCUCKS.png (1628x1376, 166K)

If you can't solve algebra equations, the why should I hire you to do more than simple manual labor? This was the original premise of HS Ed Diploma. Now anyone can get a HS Diploma due to feel good laws. Overtime, proof of competence becomes like the princess who is hidden in yet another castle.

seeing as your all a bunch of fucking inbred yocals who cant do math let me post something spoopy

x^2 + x = 12

x = 3
x = -4

omg alternative facts are real :O

i aced geometry but failed basic algebra every year. i tried too. just couldnt get it. i ended up a welder.

Attached: original.jpg (500x327, 23K)

In that case what is 1/1?

except you, me, and a few others i may have missed (not many, the israeli with the zermelo comment) everyone else here is pic related
and you trust their "redpill" infographics kek... poor souls

Attached: you.jpg (600x600, 57K)

When you divide 6 by 2 what do you get? 3, of course.
Why? Because 2 times 3 is 6.

What if I divide 20 by 5? I get 4. Right?
That's because 5*4 = 20.

In general, x/y = z if and only if y*z = x

Every time we divided, we got a unique answer, that is,
we only got one number.

6/2 does not equal 4 because 2*4 = 8 does not equal 6
The only number that satisfies the equation 2*x = 6,
is x = 3 ( x is unique).

Up to this point everything seems to be fine. However, weird
things happen when you start dividing by zero.

What is 1 / 0 ? Is it 1? No. Because 0 * 1 = 1 is false.
Is it 2? No. Because 0 * 2 = 1 is false.

In fact, if you say 1/0 is the number x, then x has to
satisfy the equation 0*x = 1, which tells you that 0 = 1,
and that's a false statement. This means that there is
no such number x, but x was 1/0, and so there is no
number 1/0, and we say it's undefined. Similarly, you can show
that 2/0 is undefined, 3/0 is undefined, 4/0 is undefined, and
so on...

Now, what about 0/0 ? What is it?

Is it 0? yes, because 0*0 = 0

There's only one problem. You can show that 0/0 is also 1 !

Because 0*1 = 0.

You can also show that 0/0 is also 2 !

Because 0*2 = 0.

You can show that 0/0 is any number!

Because 0*(any number) = 0

Since you can show that 0/0 can be any number, we say that
0/0 is not unique, and for that reason it is also undefined.

It's 1. That doesn't mean 0/0 is 1 though, because as one of my earliest math teachers ever proclaimed loudly and repeatedly. "Thou shall not divide by 0!"

>Math is hard N Sherri
Found the nigger.

Idiot.
What are the conditons of a and n?
If a or b = 0 then you cannot simply square both sides.
You cannot square zero and expect for the equality to hold.
Also if a or b are negative, then squaring them makes the result positive so statement 2 is false as well.

>It teaches no actual life skills
I agree. Many high school subjects are either completely obsolete or useless. The few people who would actually need Math later on shouldn't be dragging the rest.

>you cant do anything in life without proper mathematical education .
I'm a lawyer. Never needed math apart from simple day-to-day arithmetic, percentages, etc.

>Why should Math be required to graduate High School?

There's a good case to be made for teaching statistics and probability instead of algebra, since there more applicable to real work decision making.

Of course, we could stop coddling the middle school whiners and have them learn algebra, geometry, statistics and probably. Throw in precalculus for the smart kids.

Yes, I'm a boomer.

Attached: b (281).jpg (900x288, 102K)

Let's just make this much simpler:
If a = b
Then substitute b for a so
a = a
Then a = all real numbers
And a = b so b = all real numbers

>I'm a layer

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I bet this guy is still a virgin

AHAHHAHAHAHA

this equation is fucked from line one. IF a and b were equal there is no reason to name them a and b. You give variable numbers to different values.

>I'm a lawyer.
as i said waste f oxygen
the judicial system can and will soon be easily replaced by AI . lawyers\judges are leeches on society, parasites that produce nothing and abuse the state and law to hoard money they never earned .

>the judicial system can and will soon be easily replaced by AI .
I'd rather argue it's the math majors and the like going the way of the dodo thanks to AI. regardless you failed at proving that *you cant do anything in life without proper mathematical education* as indeed one can have a prosperous career without needing to waste time doing superfluous coursework.

Plebmath

Truthfully I always considered education beyond basic trig and algebra 2 a waste of time for the vast majority of students. Should bring back trade schools and more in depth economics classes such as how taxes work.

being a lawyer isnt
>doing something in life
you're just being a leech parasite

but you're right my phrasing wasn't clear so let me clarify:
you cant be a productive non parasitic member of society without proper mathematical education.

Compare white students in the south to white students in the north and the gap won't exist.

>I'd rather argue it's the math majors and the like im not sure you understand the the typical work of a math major. and possibly how current ai systems work. i disagree that lawyers are unimportant, i do however think there will be a major shift in your profession as most of it IS easy to implement with machines. i wager lawyers will be divided into 3 groups, classifiers who help train machine learning models, law philosophers, and judges who go over the proposed veredict/s and intervene if something's off.

sperged too much*
>I'd rather argue it's the math majors and the like
im not sure you understand the the typical work of a math major. and possibly how current ai systems work. i disagree that lawyers are unimportant, i do however think there will be a major shift in your profession as most of it IS easy to implement with machines. i wager lawyers will be divided into 3 groups, classifiers who help train machine learning models, law philosophers, and judges who go over the proposed veredict/s and intervene if something's off.

It's a problem of how it is taugth.
[native language] and [history] are jewish joke as they stand currently.
lol read (((leftist))) books is the worst way to master the intricacy ofa language.

>most of it IS easy to implement with machines.
Clerks are fucked, professional jewish liars, not so much.

some of these mathematical concepts are used by the Govt to recruit Public Servants, you wouldn’t want to allow the useful idiots from the Upper Classes that privilege would you???

>murican flag
>maff is too hard
Nigger detected.

must be a nigger

Attached: 1535735651710.jpg (590x525, 49K)

to be fair, its going to get a lot harder to lie.

English helps with Grammar, spelling, and reading. history helps us learn about the past and we can apply it in the present as a reflation, also helps with battle tactics, and politics.Both are good try at producing intellectuals, but falls short in the U.S, because people like you sit there, and say "why do i have to site here and learn about dead people who lived hundreds of years ago. I agree that math is very important too.

Exactly because it makes it harder for minority students to graduate on time. We don't need mindless no-futures in our country.

That's the limit of x/n as n approaches 0. Not simple division.

>you're just being a leech parasite
how so? I'm selling my time and knowledge of issues that the average person requires but can't be bothered to acquire them.

as a side note I wonder what particularly productive activity do you partake in that you feel justified in posting that...

>I do however think there will be a major shift in your profession as most of it IS easy to implement with machines.
most Big Law already has access to algorithm assisted databases that find pertinent legal material (work that was once done by paralegals or associates). most judges don't write their own verdicts but oversee law clerks who might as well be AI. The profession has adapted exceptionally well to new technologies and instead of reducing the amount of work available, I'd say the amount of potential work has only increased especially in realms of Digital law, Internet law, IP, etc.

don't call them that, they prefer to be called angels
youtube.com/watch?v=TlGXDy5xFlw

Maybe you need to take some remedial English.

I never said he said they didn't perform well. "It was taken" was how it was interpreted by the media and lefty audiences.

You do realize intelligence is not a singular thing, right?

I believe thinking truly 100% logical makes you less intelligent. Human intelligence was based on the fact that we could comprehend concepts, ideas, imagine concepts and ideas. A logical brain can only compute what its knows. Basically you have the same intelligence as a retarded cockroach. Which is the same amount of intelligence a supercomputer has. And a supercomputer only works on logic gates.

Minority students shouldn't be in white schools anyway.

Infinite exists in advanced mathematics.

> and the crew would reply "They are merely conventional signs!”

Woooow. This thread is retarded. Like really bad. If you haven't taken university senior or graduate level mathematics it's unlikely you'll even be able to say anything meaningful about mathematics at all. Please, all of you, visit /sci/ every once in a while.

In step 3 you end up with zero, so everything after that is problematic. You could end it with 0 = 0
>oh my god, how can 2 times zero equal one times zero!? math is broken!