/halfpunk/ -- "Need better name edition"

This is a thread for topics which are not usually discussed on Jow Forums and have something to do with the future of society. That is, ones which do not have a general consensus on here. Encouraged topics are:
>How will technology affect our lives in the future?
>How can current technology be used to help us?
>Is the future of society more individualistic or more collectivist?
>Are people getting dumber and/or less self-reliant?
>Is capitalism a good system for a country?
>What might the perfect economic system look like?
>Is democracy preferable to monarchy?
>How to protect my privacy?
>etc.

Bad topics:
>Most things about race, as there are probably multiple threads about it at the very moment.
>Actual political events, like elections
>Any jew shit. Fuck off, Moshe.
>Cant think of more shit topics

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/30/meditations-on-moloch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm gonna start off with capitalism. I hate capitalism, especially its modern incarnation. Even more so because it infiltrated this board with all the newfags who came in during the election.

Refresher
>Capitalism is a deeply Jewish system, which was made up solely to benefit psychopaths who have no problem with sacrificing people for monetary gain.
>It fucks over everyone. It fucks over the worker, who gets fired after his job is outsourced to India or China, and if he isn't fired, he has to work for scraps to be competitive. It fucks over the consumer, who gets products which are made for the lowest possible price and the cheapest possible parts to keep profit margins high. It benefits only a few people who you probably never saw in your life
>It is a plague upon the Earth, because it encourages overconsumption and overproduction. Companies literally make more shit than they can sell on purpose, and then they throw that shit away, because if they didn't, prices would drop, hurting them. Instead of encouraging moderation, capitalism profits from people who buy hundreds of little things packaged in tiny little plastic containers, which are then thrown onto the street or dumped into a landfill
>It promotes globalism more than any other force
>Advertisements make me sick

Attached: 1535508366918.jpg (1920x1080, 343K)

>>How will technology affect our lives in the future?
I think that the current spy-tech will usher in user-tech. I think all the news with the google and kikebook spying will bring more free speech and anonymous social media. There is going to be big demand for encrypted socials.
>>How can current technology be used to help us?
The biggest thing right now is instant access to info, instant communication and health tech. Health tech is getting to be very big and has a lot of room to grow.
>>Is the future of society more individualistic or more collectivist?
Depends. There are two ways this can go. Demographically, in the US at least, the people who will have the largest population growth typically vote in the direction of the collective and the people who tend to vote for the individual are not experiencing population growth fast enough to keep their views as the over all accepted political view.
>>Are people getting dumber and/or less self-reliant?
Yes.
>>Is capitalism a good system for a country?
Yes. but I said above, more and more people that believe in collectivism are out populating the people who prefer capitalism.
>>What might the perfect economic system look like?
There is no perfect economic system. The best we can do is two people walk away happy with the transaction.
>>Is democracy preferable to monarchy?
Republicanism is better than both. Democracy is worse than a Monarchy.
>>How to protect my privacy?
You can't unless you completely unplug from the internet. and even then, there is still public records that people can get their hands on.

Attached: condor8.jpg (720x540, 23K)

You wouldn't be sitting here on pol complaining about capitalism if it weren't for capitalism you mong. Plus, most of the world doen't have capitalism, they have a perverted form of it. Capitalism is basically private capital, i.e. savings, that is used to produce a product or perform a service at a cost that is acceptable to the person paying for it. If it too expensive, then it wont sell. If it is made too cheap, it wont sell, if you get bad service, you don't go back. Capitalism is a relationship with a service/product and a customer. Sorry you don't like people who make money, maybe cause you are jealous or something, but don't shit on the system that gave us everything we have today.

Definitively agree on the spying shit. I have taken some steps to shield myself from surveillance though there is still no way to know how much certain corporations know about you and what information they collect, and through what means (Could they be tracking people through the google recaptcha system?)

Also, I think everyone should learn a least the basics of how computers, the internet, and data collection work, at least enough to realize how destructive sharing their info online is. Might bring about real change, but I doubt it.

>You wouldn't be sitting here on pol complaining about capitalism if it weren't for capitalism you mong.

Yes, I realize that i wouldn't be complaining about capitalism if it weren't for capitalism.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x507, 22K)

>Also, I think everyone should learn a least the basics of how computers, the internet, and data collection work, at least enough to realize how destructive sharing their info online is. Might bring about real change, but I doubt it.

I try to teach people how netowrks work, like data packet shit and stuff and their eyes just gloss over. They don't want to know. Fuck, most of them are not smart enough to even grasp it my man.

>Yes, I realize that i wouldn't be complaining about capitalism if it weren't for capitalism.

There you go, Now, the real problem with capitalism is that it is really crony capitalism. There is too much government overlap into the private sector. There is too much lobbying by big business to pay off politicians to pass laws that benefit their companies. I think there is too much corporate welfare, and regular welfare too. That is the problem with capitalism, the government, not the system itself. The system works, the government gums it up.

I tried that for a while, too. Yeah, it doesn't work.
But you know what does? Analogies and simplification. Just simplify it down until it barely makes sense. They might get it then.
>Google can make you disappear off the net
>Facebook knows more about you than you yourself, or even the government
>Sites can track how you use your mouse and then track you over different people's computers
>Corps can listen to you whenever you have your phone close by
Shit like that.

Attached: 1535134791102.gif (750x750, 1.87M)

Bumping for high quality bread.
I think that you may be overstating the destructive impact of capitalism a bit, though I do fully agree with you regarding the devolution of capitalism into a bottom-line rules form.
It goes hand in hand with the collapse of personal responsibility though. The rise of consumerism in the west us what broke the system. If that weren't the case then I would wholeheartedly stand behind the system.
As it stands though I agree. I
Let it burn desu...

Thanks! I've noticing that there have been less and less good threads as the slide threads pile up to the top of the board. Really sad, sometimes feels like Jow Forums might die. Makes me ask myself if it is better it die quickly, with everyone leaving, or slowly, with the old users petering out and being replaced with generic republicans and democratic right wingers or something. If it does die fast, I am optimistic that it will return, and probably in better shape than now. If not, I don't see it coming back until everyone else leaves.

As for capitalism, I think that it fails in the same way that communism does, which is human greed. Communism fails because it tries to suppress it, while capitalism fails because it rewards it.

I told a normie that facebook tracks you even after you log off and they didn't beleive me. Then I showed them lightbeam plugin for firefox and they shit their pants on how many companies were following them online, even sites they have never been to.

>How can current technology be used to help us?
It can't. The higher the tech, the more specialized and controlled by central sources. Phones are a prime example of this - they disempower individuals (or groups) and empower nefarious, hidden entities to do god-knows-what.
I've been skeptical/critical of technology for years and it's amazing how every generation has its own fresh batch of apologists, always claiming that tech is neutral, blah blah.
It's certainly a double-edged sword, in that the tech-makers always have to be a little bit nervous that it might be used against them, but on the whole it's absolutely not neutral and always tends to centralize control and power ever more effectively. (Not unlike how "democracy", when implemented as a first-past-the-post voting system, mathematically tends toward a 2-party system. And people get upset and shout their lungs out at "the other side", when only math is to blame)
Every technology meant to empower is quickly subverted and co-opted in the service of existing power structures. Google and Facebook arose from nothing only to become turn-key solutions for intelligence agencies. "Hey, thanks for building that, we'll take it from here." The web, p2p, cell phones, bitcoin, cloud computing. All of it has increased reliance upon the Tech State and decreased individual autonomy.

But whats the big deal if they are spying on you?

Brainlet tier. Capitalism promotoes innovation. The real problem is lack of leverage experienced by todays workers because the money has been continuously inflated over the past fifty years, pumping the price of real assets with salaries staying stagnant

How much easier would it have been for Hitler to round up jews if had a Faceberg database of all the kikes in Germany? How easier would it have been for Stalin to round up political dissidents with a twitter archive? If you understand how the interwebs works, you would know that being user is the best way to go. Twitter and Faceberg already put us into digital gulags, wait till the government tries to do it.

There is probably two ways in which i think we can fight this problem of centralization.
Either we completely decentralize, going peer to peer with no central points, or go completely off-network. the first is more optimistic, but also much easier to subvert by nefarious corps. The second is borderline dystopian, though effective, and probably the future if you don't want to be fucked.
I'm thinking of buying a few Raspberry Pi computers and some Arduinos and seeing what I can do with those. Maybe make an offline website reader so I still have access to information without being tracked. Also for the cool cyberpunk aesthetic.

they can fuck you. Imagine you want to start a political career, but google doesn't like that, so they dig up some data they got from you off their captcha and anonymously release whatever racist things you said on Jow Forums. Imagine some cia nigger doesn't like you so he tracks you until you do something barely illegal, then throws you in jail for it. These might be unlikely, but they can happen. And besides, I value my privacy as an inherent right.

People have been innovating for thousands of years now, and it wasn't because of capitalism. This is another thing. Capitalism has brainwashed people into thinking that without it, the world will stagnate.
I would go as far as to say that innovation stagnates due to capitalism, with copyright trolling, selling any buying of innovations just to stop them from developing further (Like Kodak did), and other dumb shit capitalism needs to stay afloat at the expense of humanity. Snap out of it and realize how Jewish the system really is. It is the only system pushed by the mainstream, and for a reason.

Right now there is a big barrier of normies that would be the first ones to get affected by what you say could happen.
Also if there is something that may have you as a slave is already done kiddo

In that case just move to a shithole country like mine where people arent mentally ill and care about what happens in the real world

Already am

It's a pipe dream (trying to fight it). And it's all been tried before, and nothing that's truly independent and transparent can last.
Software - to say nothing of hardware - takes a lot of work and time and energy, and it has to be coordinated at central locations/repositories to be of any use to multiple people. And that's precisely where and when the centralizing effects take over.
Who wants to write their own p2p clients? Who wants to write their own encryption algorithms? Who can possibly create their own secure CPUs without a massive corporation involved? etc etc.
For convenience (and limited lifespans!) everybody relies on the same monolithic, un-evaluatable sources. And that's precisely where the evil begins creeping in.
Going off-network is a solution, sure, but so is killing oneself. It's a solution that doesn't really address the original problem ("How can technology be used to help us?")
Ivan Illich wrote a lot about this, what he called "Convivial Technology" which allow humans to thrive in an autonomous way. Everything else - which is most of what we have now - all promotes centralization and dependence. A hammer is convivial, but a modern CPU is probably not (and definitely not when connected to the Internet).

Also, does anyone have a name better than /halfpunk/? At first I wanted to name the thread Jow Forumspunk/ but the two P-s sounded awkward, so I replaced Jow Forums with half, since pol means half in my language.

halfpunk is ok to me.

Doesn't need a name.
Don't fall for the general meme user.
Just let the thread stand on its own merit

Nice

I want it to be easily searchable, and a name is a good way to make sure of that.

Future is about to bring revolution and it' s cause is rooted in tech. The revolutionary situation ia deepening between informed, who clearly see that Humanity can not continue like this and desinformed/ignorant who do not want to adapt. Humanity is adapting to situation where there is information overload and availability of every kind of desinformation. Tech is both solution and menace.
In short - we are fucked until revolution in tech or human evolution unfucks this increasingly insane world, currently on the path of self-destruction. Capitalism is no issue. Problem is that global village refuted the philosophical base and we need new one.

Capitalism is the best system, simply because it has elevated the most people from poverty.

to be clear I'm not just talking about being spied on or directly controlled. I'm talking about the inherent curse of technology, always tending toward negative outcomes for humanity as it becomes more elaborate and complex.
look at Amazon. it started out as a convenient choice for people when shopping for books. and that little incremental bit of convenience, when applied across millions and millions of humans, eventually turns into a goliath that cannot be stopped and consumes everything else. and given the relatively primitive and defenseless "political technology" that we have (ie, corporations steamrolling by-the-people governance), these behemoths will only grow and merge until they control everything.
in the future we'll have the "choice" of going to slave for AmazonGoogle(CIA), or starving. and that's assuming humans are needed at all with full automation.
cars are another good example. they started out as optional, people still lived near each other and all the places they needed to go in a day. but the cars themselves transformed the landscape, and created a daily life that is miserable (and outright dangerous) for any kind of pedestrian experience. maybe it's possible in old european cities, but in the modern mid/western US, you need a car if you want to live.
tl;dr an individual human making rational choices always ends up creating a hell for itself and others. it turns out "rationality" is context-dependent, and if the context is too narrow or short on the timescale, hell on earth is the result.

Agree.

It is true that capitalism has elevated people from poverty, but so has every system. Communist Russia had better living conditions than the Russian Empire, yet communism obviously wasn't the best solution. We are at this moment producing enough food for everyone, yet a lot of people, even in developed nations, go to bed hungry.

I advocate for saying inflammatory things about the people who you know are collecting the data, have faceberg open and say you are going to... Mark zuckerberg, he has no right to that conversation so let it be scary if he has it. If he is not listening no harm.

>tl;Dr
This is an incredibly depressing concept. And, while I don't know that I fully agree with it, certainly contains at least a kernal of truth.
But goddamn if that isn't a blackpill.

I shitposting increasingly 'redpilled' opinions on Facebook in closed groups and, less radically, public groups. When can I expect kikebook to send a deathsquad? 2030? 2040?

Artificial concepts (philosphies, religions), once thought to be good enough for humans to rely on are being invalidated by new situation with chaotic hivemind of connected humans reaching critical mass. The critical, mass but is individual for every human. You can process fixed amount of information without evolving or aid. Aid but can not betrusted 100%., both tech and human aid.
Welcome to hell where everyone but the fastest or determined go insane.

if you (or anyone else) wants to read a really clear elaboration of this idea, check out "Meditations on Moloch". there's a poem by Ginsberg at the beginning but that's just for illustration, you can skip it.

slatestarcodex.com/2014/07/30/meditations-on-moloch/

to me it was a fascinating survey of how this problem manifests at all levels of human society. a blackpill for sure, but a mind-expanding one.

And to add - ignorance was bliss, until too many people found out that you are ignorant.

he said it was the best because it keeps the fewest people from going to bed hungry. having a surplus doesn't mean its not working, even if people are starving. The issue with hunger is that most of the time, the local govts fuck things up. famines are usually manmade causes (and that's one of the big reasons communism is shit). More govt regulation leads to less productivity and success from the people, which means more people starving and demanding more govt services (which further escalate the issue, a feedback loop).

while there may be better systems, we sure as shit haven't found them yet. capitalism is the best we have, you made no counter.

>he said it was the best because it keeps the fewest people from going to bed hungry.

the problem is that it still keeps a lot of people hungry. I am not saying that it is worse than other systems that exists, but I am saying that it is still shit.

Being hungry is completely normal state of human being forcing him to find the solution to his food problem. Or starving to death if he is unfit.

Intermittent fasting is healthy, i think. Though you should starve because you can't find food, not because a jew fucked you over.

Jew fucked you over because you are DUMB (unfit). Will youcontinue to moan about it and starve or do something about it.

Naw, capitalism is set up in a way that allows already successful people to fuck over competition through legal means, such as rapid fire lawsuits, sabotage, false advertising, paying off politicians, etc.
Where in the past church and state were inseparable, now it is the corporation and the state.

Evolving is not just getting better in the niche, evolving is really about exploiting new niches.

>Where in the past church and state were inseparable
Move to Saudi Arabia or UAE where the Theocracy dictates the economy.

Yeah but that's Islam. Would rather something akin to Jerusalem.

You're too smart for /pol
Thank you for being here