Why do boomers buy these?

Why do boomers buy these?

Attached: 1522969820590.jpg (931x524, 218K)

>Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

They left school at 15 and didn't learn about probablities

gotta be in it to win it

Gotta be in it to win it

"Oh, you know, i just play for fun."

they are fucking retarded cattle, the goodest of goyim

Those are a tax on stupid people.

>Odds of winning the lottery are greater than being struck by lightning eight times in a row
>People win it every time

gotta be in it to win it

Yep, that's the boomer mentality alright.

Whats worse boomers punching out 20 dollar scratchers or zoomers dropping hundreds into gacha games?

I saw a nigger buy four hundred dollars worth of scratch-offs once. WTF

Because it's hope in this dark nihilistic world and suppresses the fear that you will always be loser with no purpose.

I am 20 the ones I only pay are "Set For Life" and a few Mega mills because I want a farm with 12 kids a soul crushing reality is that I will never be able to afford it with land prices right now.

because boomers love throwing away money, and nations, and their race, and their descendants' futures

Not a Boomer but I spend about 100 dollars a week sometimes more on lottery. I don't want to being a wagie for the rest of my life and winning a big amount of money is the only way I can accomplish my dream.

I was behind some old piece of shit in line the other day, has a list he's reading off of all the different lottery tickets he's buying, it was almost 1000 dollars in total, I wanted to cave the stupid fucks head in.

Thank god they don't buy crypto.

It's more of a white trash/ nigger thing, I see young fucks buying tickets just as often. I personally throw 20 bucks a week at the multi-state jackpot games.

invest that money you fucking retard

>People win it everytime
>t. boomer

>Lemme just stay in my basement and shitpost instead of going out and taking chances.

Oh well, you might win a game of fortnite today zoomie. All the best!

Attached: 1535244018062.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

I'm not the guy you're replying too, but what do you recommend for investments?

I always wanted to buy land in Nigeria or something like that so that way when their population skyrockets to 700 million my property will be worth millions; but then I found out most land in Africa is state owned and they're all communists.

you can't be that dumb

Into what you moron? The stock market is record high right now there is no way it can go up anymore. Putting money into that would just be dumb. I don't want to wait 30 years to get money. I want it now.

100 week is over 5000 grand a year you massive retard. No wonder you're fucking poor.

Attached: 1531012175326.jpg (640x480, 52K)

There's a difference between taking risks and taking extremely poorly calculated risks.

Kind of fun sometimes. Just don't be a degenerate. I know 4 people who became millionaires, and several dozen who made enough to buy houses or go to school off scratchies and they all bought them like once a week. I've won a couple hundred bucks here and there getting a couple $5 every two weeks. It's a fun little gamble.

There is little to no payoff in gatcha games anymore too. They all run their course and stop being popular in a few years time max if they're lucky.

Attached: 1534941170790.jpg (960x490, 111K)

>stupid boomers spending all their money on intangible things
>bing bing bang wahoo!

Attached: 080325-PC-Gaming-hmed-3p.grid-6x2.jpg (474x317, 26K)

I bought a few times and got lucky I don't ever buy the expensive ones though

>zoomers dropping hundreds into gacha games?
zoomer here - vbucks are our my generation's lotto tickets

Attached: z o o m e r.gif (480x561, 227K)

Exactly. I won 5.000 euros every month for 15 ears and I'm on year 6. Feels good man.

Actual answer:
Most people buy lottery tickets because it's a cheap thrill.
They think "what if I won?" for a minute and that gives them an adrenaline rush

>Why do boomers buy these?

I do from time to time, I once won 100 bucks on a 5 dollar scratcher, however i possibly spent those 100 bucks on previous scratchers though

>Not taking the lump sum

Always take the lump sum dude. Always.

I mean, I've personally sold winning tickets when I worked at a gas station. I'll agree it's a waste of money but people DO win. I sold a million dollar winning ticket to some black construction worker and a $250,000 winner to a magician before. I've been generously tipped a total of $20,000 throughout 3 years just for selling winners. The closest I've been to winning was being 1 number away from hitting 120,000 about 5 years ago. It's nice to dream user.

5 thousand isn't that much. I'm not poor I make enough money. But not enough to retire and live the life I want.

That's fair if they buy scratch offs. Its the same as sitting at a slot machine for a few minutes then leaving. The real idiots play the actual lotto with weekly numbers.

It’s a tax on poor people with shit tier math skills. They take enough from society; this is their chance to give back.

Attached: A343011F-32B2-48BA-8E33-80DCA628E6B9.jpg (480x479, 56K)

I buy 1or 2 lines per drawing. I'm not scratching away my life savings like some old nigger.

Meh, I buy one every few months. The probability of winning is near zero, but you never know.

I don't care because a scholarship paid for by the stupid pieces of paper made my university only half cost.

Literally anything, just invest in a mutual fund if there's nothing you're looking at. Buying bitcoin right now wouldn't be the worst idea in the world but you might get boned.

>My entire family buys me this shit for my birthday
>$70 worth
>Win $2

It's definitely a retard tax, and that bugs me because it means my family is fucking retarded.

He who doesn't risk, never gets to drink champagne.

Attached: 769406739503.jpg (375x500, 39K)

They're both just gambling. Same with opening CSGO boxes in the chance of getting a 300-400 dollar knife. Its a total waste of money until you win big

>what do you recommend for investments?
>I always wanted to buy land in Nigeria or something

Dear god.

Retard tax for retards, you're better off starting a savings account

Just stick some in a savings account. You won't earn much, but overall it's better. Loterry shit is flushing money down the toilet, so not only are you not doing that, but you even earn a bit extra.

because it was there before the internet, and people like scrubbing off and thinking they can win something.
current gen is doing the same, just on shitty phone games where you can win useless shit.

marketing psychology making use of the market.

>be me, civil engineer
>tfw literally half a dozen people in my office--not retards, but ENGINEERS (civil and construction)--pay into a pool of cash that a Vietnamese guy spends on lottery tickets (or something like that, I don't know the details)
Maybe state-employed engineers really are that much stupider than privately-employed ones.

> captcha: store front

Attached: pepe_found.jpg (503x915, 76K)

>what are taxes?

having lots of money at once is not smart if you don't have something to upkeep the money loss

Boomers will spend hundreds of thousands on worthless shit. I've seen it firsthand - $70k on a truck that never gets used, $15k on a hottub that never gets used, $25k on a camper that never gets used. Always new. Always overpriced. Always on a credit card. Always pushed into debt.

But if that stupid millenial spends $1500 on a computer with his own money and without going into debt or using a credit card, he's money illiterate.

Boomers were a mistake

The lump sum was really low and I have already surpassed it bro,Also, I would have literally spend it all in one year on hookers and blow so I thank God I didn't choose that.

>The closest I've been to winning was being 1 number away from hitting 120,000 about 5 years ago.
...it doesn't work that way.

Do yourself a favor and take a class on probability and statistics.

>Just stick some in a savings account. You won't earn much

You won't earn anything. Savings accounts don't keep up with (real) inflation.

>take cans and bottles to recycle and get some money back
>take few bucks and spend it on some lotto tickets
The money was already spent it isn't like I'm going to miss it

Because their pensions are fucked and they're desperate!

Exactly the opposite. 1 dollar bet with a potential payout in the millions is an excellent bet. Not that I play the lottery. ..but I should. Scratch tickets are trash city, and mathematically terrible bets

We can gamble on a high street here despite us being a caliphate.. How people spend their cash is up to them not anyone else, the USA only has gambling on Indian reserves and Vegas...

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 532K)

yah, but do you realize how many monsters(TM) and vinyl records I can buy with $1,500??? that's also, like, a beat up car which you can use to get to your job or something I don't fucking know it's 4:36 PM and I'm /drunkposting/ on Jow Forums fuck it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

My family is fucking retarded as well it eases my pain to just stop trying to have deep conversations with them. Now I understand why my grandpa smoked himself to death. He was tired of being alone.

Attached: 1535593766068.jpg (684x684, 268K)

1 dollar bet with a miniscule chance at a payout is not an excellent bet.

You're nothing but a sucker. You will go your entire life having spent more on those scratch tickets than you ever earned.

People like you make me realize why scammers exist. There's so many like you throwing your money away at the stupidest shit.

Yeah I'm sure you're just waiting for a real whale of a chance to come by... Any second now....

Every mainstream online game has some kind of gambling mechanic that zoomers will get their pussy lips moist over while blowing not dollars but tens of dollars upwards on.

Probability circlejerk all you want but I'd rather be a Boomer spending $5 a week on some shitty bit of paper with a solid income than a zoomer sucking his mum's financial tit while getting their dopamine fucked over by a skill based game they'll never get good at spending $20+ a week with no income to sustain shit.

Boomers were a mistake, don't get me wrong. But zoomers will be bigger fucking husks than boomers. Anyone with half a brain can see the conditioning and influence technology has had on this ages mentality.

Attached: 1535348253274.jpg (640x585, 145K)

Damn, nice one. Congratulations.

>I spend about 100 dollars a week sometimes more on lottery.

Attached: 1532724309806.jpg (485x578, 33K)

"Skill" based game.

Algorithms will always fuck you over and keep your MMR in check if you're getting too good too quick too.

Piece of paper - done in 5 mins tops. Thrill is gone.

Zoomer gatcga game 20 mins upward blown on a denied orgasm. God forbid you play DotA 2 or something like that. The. You're fucked.

They're both dumb garbage. But at least the scatch offs have the entertainment factor.

>what is investing

It's their only chance at a decent retirement

What do you mean? Sure the money will lose value over time, but you're still generating profit.
It's only an issue if you absolutely need money now.

he said upkeep the money loss

you get absolutely cucked by taxes if your return can't outperform the hit you take

Hell yeah brother

Do you mean to say that I'm not good at the childrens card games I play :(

Attached: image.png (223x310, 133K)

>that feel when you win $500 on a $10 worth of tickets
lucklets will never understand

Attached: Geist_61.jpg (640x484, 86K)

Minnesota eh? Cheers brother

>that feel when you had to spend twice that to get this point

I think they are fun when I go on vacation I put $1 or 5 in a machine. Its fun im not a boomer

it's only stupid if you play a different combination every time.

Thanks brah. Mom gets half of it but 2500 euros is more than enough for me and I save like 1000 euros each month so I can buy a decent house once I get married.

>made fun of my boomer parents for gambling
>they hit the jackpot and win over a million dollars
I still don't approve of gambling.

My dad won $64K once

>stupider
Yep

It's like you didn't even read my post.

>I want a farm

What a cuck

>I've been generously tipped a total of $20,000 throughout 3 years just for selling winners.

larp

Texas, actually. But thans, Fren. The sips are going down pretty well.

Attached: ci-real-ale-firemans-4-af8a5ae679d6e55a.jpg (400x600, 33K)

If you invest $5000 a year for 30 years with 5% return you'll have over 350K. For ten more years and you'll have over 600K

Congrats user, you're throwing away a half a million dollars.

That's a decent person right here. Good to see deserving people getting lucky.

You might wanna keep the money secret for a while if you want avoid gold diggers. Tell her you invested a bit and this is your monthly take of the profits or something.

Actually you might want to avoid marriage at all if the divorce system in Poland is as fucked as in the US where the men have to pay ridiculous alimony every month even when the well has dried up, so to speak.

I hope this is not the case in Poland.

>What do you mean? Sure the money will lose value over time, but you're still generating profit.

Jesus dude...

No, you are not "generating profit".
Inflation devalues your money. Today $1 is worth $1. Tomorrow $1 is worth $0.50

If the rate of inflation (the drop in value of your money) is higher than the interest rate on your savings, you still lose money by putting it into a savings account. Real inflation is lied about, and even if it weren't - interest rates are almost always below (((adjusted))) inflation rates anyways.

Which means you have to put your money into something that accrues value faster than inflation devalues it. These things tend to be assets that either continuously grow (but relying on indefinite growth is a fools' errand) - like corporate stocks - or into assets that simply don't depreciate in value - like land or precious metals.

If you think that putting your money into a savings account will earn you money, you are a sucker being taken for a ride.

Dude......................

Attached: 1531780331927.jpg (600x600, 34K)

I've never taken the time to investigate how things work here in Poland when it comes to marriage and divorce but from what i've understood you have to share everything 50-50 but there is no alimony only child support. My cousin got divorced a couple of years ago and she had inherrited a couple of acres of farmland from her grandparents but she was smart and registered those acres on her younger brother before she got married so the dude didn't get anything from her. So, eventually I will have to do something similar if I ever get married.
I will never tell any girl about any money because as we all know there are a lot of gold digging whores here especially in my town. I've havent even bought myself a fancy car because those things are literal whore-magnets.

these are my retirement fund, faggot

I buy those sometimes
They're fun

Attached: 1535206142715.jpg (735x1024, 94K)

Boomers would have had a fantastic retirement if they didn't blow their shekels to begin with. They didn't have much to go against the jewish brainwashing but blowing away all your fortunes on stupid shit while whining that you don't have enough for retirement is retarded.

Attached: 1535499356236m.jpg (1024x768, 205K)

I like money.

If I spend £5 and lost it, so be it.
If I spend £5 and win £40, nice.

Definitely way down overtime, but I play for the moment.