IDEAL US HOMESTEAD FORTRESS

For when SHTF
think about farmability, combat in the terrain, surviving thru the seasons, likeliness of looters etc.

also if you can only have 1 type of gun for self defense AND hunting hat would it be?

Attached: they'll never find me here.jpg (800x500, 84K)

.223 because it's one of the most common ammunition types and a boonie hat.

good thinking

For SHTF you need a proper battle rifle. AR-10, FN FAL or MR308A3 etc.. .223 Remington (or 5.56x45mm NATO) are great for short ranges, but they aren't even in the same league as the .308 Winchester (or 7.62x51mm NATO).

With .308 Win you have a hard hitting cartridge out to 800-1000 yards that will retain enough energy upon impact to down even larger game. .223 Rem will not do that.

thanks for your input

I forgot the main point of my OP
WHERE would your bunkerstead be?

Real men don't need guns but if one must I recommend a high point, very high quality.

idk about protecting a farm from a horde of looters with my bear hands.
I mean, you, go for it, but im gonna have a gun

>Real men don't need guns

>Goes outside
>Bison gores you
>Wild horse tramples you
>Bear mauls you
>Cougar maims you
>Hogs tusk you
>Wolves hunt you
>Niggers beat you
>Mexicans behead you
>Cops steal your property throw you in jail and make you prove you really own it
Mmm No Sweetie

this

I grew up in Juarez, I've literally beefed with cartels and had a squad of 15 guys run up on me with rifles and disarmed them and embarrassed them with my speed and fighting instinct.

If I was going to literal war, maybe then I'd consider picking up a high point 9mm.

are you trained in any martial art?

Redpill me on highpoint 9mm
Is 9mm the master race side arm caliber?
Are 9mm PDWs meme tier or operator tier?
What is the downside of ignoring 9mm high point for the alternatives?

Attached: 1403554040848.gif (450x320, 779K)

Biting peoples throats is a pretty secure martial art, desu.

listen you'll be fucked unless the land you live on is not taxed, they will just raise property taxes until you can't pay and then evict you and take your land

Sliting peoples kidneys open or their jugular or their femoral arteries is also based and redpilled.

Attached: elk_ridge_rainbow_1.jpg (600x600, 56K)

So you're saying we should all move to Nevada?

right. so where?

no. just whites

I figured that was implied

Reminder that when SHTF your little larp hut and stockpile won't mean shit. You'll die like everyone else.

Yes, extremely lightweight, reliable, reputation for never jamming and the only pistol I know of accurate out to several hundred yards, but that's only if you practice, it would probally take you 40 or 50 rounds before you would be able to snipe with one.

I would definitely put a scope on it in case you want to bag some big game from a distance.

What situation would you not want to be using 9mm highpoint and what would you be using instead?

>also if you can only have 1 type of gun for self defense AND hunting hat would it be?
Honestly, you would do well with an M1 Carbine from WWII. 30 Carbine is expensive, but worth the hassle.

Attached: 6A1C64B8-671B-4808-851E-1B44E6496BEC.jpg (4000x3000, 2.26M)

Yes, I was actually trained in tai chi from a young age. It makes me feel safe basically anywhere unarmed.

just verifying for everyone else in the thread
never lose hope, user.
if you arent prepared you will die a horrible death
if you are prepared, worst case, you will die an honorable death

cool thanks for your input

Can you put a stock on that pistil?

What other fighting styles are recommended?

If I needed something really compact behind enemy lines is recommend something a little easier to conceal, maybe if knockdown power wasn't as important I'd recommend a 22 magnum derringer.

They aren't as accurate at long distance but easy to conceal and insane fire rate for when your in a tight squeeze.

I'd probally just use a tripod instead if you were going to go that route.

Do your bare hands look like this?

Attached: image.jpg (390x280, 65K)

But will it take highpower ammo?

How much of a meme are suppressors? If you stick a can on any caliber will you get away in a fix or can you only use small caliber subsonic ammunition?

Wroooooooong.
A .22 caliber dessert eagle revolver rifle can hit a target at 5000 miles!

Biological contagion formula instinctual martyr combat

Suppressors are for hearing protection only. They do not silence shots and are not for stealth.

If half the world dies of plague, the sun fries the powergrid, or yellowstone nukes north america then bunkering up is the answer. If its revolution, civil war, or race war your only plan should be grabbing a rifle and joining the firing line.

Attached: 1533223676506.jpg (1023x815, 153K)

Can I get the 22. In shotgun ammo?

Oh they work, my roommate actually target practices with his barret sniper rifle in our living room and we live in an apartment building, neighbors never complain I doubt they can hear it but I've never asked.

Really? Even the most expensive suppressors can't let you sneak around?
Not even indoors or during loud traffic?

The 22 magnum round is extremely high powered, that's why it's called magnum try named it after magnum PI's gun. About the same power, it's just easy to underestimate because they were designed to conceal.

But you can also tripod on as well if you need distance accuracy

Attached: image.png (500x422, 110K)

C'mon bro...

Attached: 1532132368600.jpg (4032x3024, 3.35M)

Can I adjust the volume on that suppressor?

Well if you get a cheap one its not gonna work obviously.

Probably if they knew how to design something aides to a TUBE lmao

Considering they are all designed in the shape of a literal barrel I'm pretty sure I could mill up a better design

Wow!
A bullet from that must bounce around like a Mexican jumping bean when it penetrates.

yeah but I clip my nails bro. that shit look gay

note taken.

Does it come in cammo?

Data farming
/Thread

Yea, when I was in Iraq I actually saw a guy get shot in the foot and it tumbled and come out of the top of his head with one, most rounds won't do that though, that's why I enjoy this particular one.

You can put house paint on it, I recommend this with any guns anyways, it makes them smoother on the inside so less jams.

But if I put a plastic stock on it...wouldn't the paint chip off the stock? If i painded it?

yeah I sure am
because I want to know the safest thing to do
you should too so read along paranoid fagget

>had a squad of 15 guys run up on me with rifles and disarmed them and embarrassed them with my speed and fighting instinct

Attached: 6880D450-0CEB-409E-A783-0772F36DE950.png (725x490, 293K)

>cammo
>painded
Is this a joke?

not guys, CARTEL
these aren't people. theyre animals

I have some pistils...serious shit, no joke.

Literally disinfo. You're gonna get a poor user killed.

>taking advice on Jow Forums without doing your own research to confirm
those poor and ignorant anons deserve the life they live

Ive lived this life, I know war and I know meme weapons normies use like piece of shit ar's and "muh ak"

Hi point, paint it. Bury it for a rainy day. No need for a container, they will store underground fine.

Thank me later bro's

They still call me "the devil of juarez"

All them dumbass beaners think I do some chicken voodo shit or something, but honestly it's just the tai chi. Gives me insane focus

why link me to this thread?
what does that have to do with this?

Nothing pisses me off more in sci-fi movies when the main characters are ALMOST ALWAYS using a 9mm Baretta or Glock to fight some futuristic enemy. Why don't filmmakers give them anything bigger?

Attached: 1529971986293.png (500x463, 147K)

same reason the bad guy can walk faster than you can run.
little hint: its a movie

Attached: niggerton.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Depending on the degree of collapse I’ll either die killing commies or just kms.

very nice! thank you

>not choose a MAGA hat
Sad!

commiting kys is only acceptable if you know you will be captured

keep the maga hat at your heart not on your head

12 gauge

for hunting as well as protection?

I’m disabled so other than pointing bullets in the right direction I can’t care for myself and would be a burden on others.

don't be a burden
be a goldmine of useful information
you will be well worth taking care of if you have the knowledge that the able bodies do not

Yes. Different ammo for hunting (depending on the game, and obviously over shorter distances) and home defense (buckshot).

>real men don't need guns
lol what? You do realize that the globalists, billionaires, corporations, every country, etc... all have men with guns that enable them to maintain that power. hell, look at Mexico, men with guns rule their country... as they do in every country. Unless you can afford other men with guns to protect you, you're going to need a gun if you intend to protect yourself from just about anything. You'd probably need a whole crew with guns to properly protect your single homestead from desert pirates. You'd be safer in a tight knit community of families that are all armed and can provide trade of watch duty.

true
note taken

>also if you can only have 1 type of gun for self defense AND hunting hat would it be?

Stupid question that communicates to us that you're 16, but any answer other than AR15 is wrong.

The lower the population density, the better your chance of survival. Wyoming/Montana/Idaho are good, Alaska is ideal IF you have the resources to get set up.

well im in my twenties now but to my own demise have never taken an interest in guns so im just now catching up
just wondering what is a reliable all purpose firearm
also thank you for your input

What I would do is gather ammunition, food, guns, etc, and then before shtf find somewhere safe to make a shelter, forests, mountains (appies and rockies), etc, where you can survive but not be on land too valuable since militias will hunt you for it (unless you yourself have a tribe or militia), a good fort would be an isolated wooden house with a stone wall surrounding the compound, I would ideally have farms and a few militia men (5-10 to start, can recruit more) to guard. I would build them houses so I would have a hamlet, we would work to get better defenses, farms, even some factory equipment and explore for mines, etc. More militias= more defense= more resources due to increased manpower= village= town, start schools, etc, make the militia a real community (white), town= city, city = brand new civilization that I would be the head of.

wtf I love RTS games now
thanks sounds like good advise

>M1 Carbine

Buy a mini 14 that isn't a shit caliber like 30 carbine, and stop trying to larp like you're in Saving Private Ryan.

That's not secure at all, you fuck! there could be seals hiding in everyone of those bushes. Eat shit. Dick fuck faggot bitch.

you are such a controlled/moron get the fuck off this thread wete trying to get info here.

SADF border war hat in nutria. Whatever rifle is around.

Depends what you're hunting. If it's small game I would say .223, but that's too light for larger game. If you didn't need anything more powerful than that I'd say that's the best choice just because you'll have the easiest time finding ammo.

>gun and hat
>not speccing clocks and hat
lol faggot

Attached: oregon trail spec.jpg (640x481, 48K)

Watchu talkin bout Willis, this guy is it!

Worth considering depending on what's being hunted. Great for close range protection. Great for hunting ducks, geese. But, a poor choice for most other types of hunting. Still think .223 is more versatile.

The AK-308

Attached: IMG_0317.jpg (750x380, 36K)

these knives are literal garbage

For good knives see: Buck, Spyderco, Ontario, ESEE, CIVIVI, among others

>picking 100% function over 30% function / 70% style
never gonna make the history books lad

Attached: 3795.jpg (1500x883, 141K)

ftfy

Attached: PART_1529869023940_1529869024116.jpg (1280x720, 1.03M)

SCAR 17

The thing about SHTF situations is you need to think about availability of ammo and serviceability. Most common ammo is 9mm luger for pistols and .223 Remington for rifles. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle in the US so you'll have the easiest time finding parts. Someone mentioned a 12 gauge. If it's a classic pump shotgun like the Mossberg 500 it's worth considering because it's also very common, though it's not very well suited to a lot of hunting outside of birds. I'm still thinking an AR-15 w/ .223 is the best over all compromise between defense, hunting, availability of ammo and serviceability. I think this would be a lot easier if you could pick two guns. Then I'd say 12 gauge + AR-15.

You have to take the caliber into consideration when thinking about a silencer. Silencers work great on .22, 9mm, 300 blackout etc, but for high velocity rounds like .223 they are useless.

In order to make a round "silent" you have to do two things, you have to dissipate the heat bloom of the round, and you have to keep the round below the speed of sound which is around 1,110 feet/second. This isn't viable with high velocity rounds like the .223, which travels at roughly 3,000 feet/second. The .223 round gets all of it's punch from it's velocity, if you reduce it's velocity to sub sonic speeds, you have literally turned your .223 into a sub optimal .22 caliber round.

Shove it up your as stooge