Half of Vikings Were Female

What does Jow Forums think of this?

Attached: FB_IMG_1535845860095.jpg (539x960, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIl_BNIJcFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Half of Americans are female.

Half of Romans were also females, coincidence?

>implying gender is biological
I just can't even.

If viking armies were full of female warriors, you'd think someone would have bothered to write about it since it's literally never happened anywhere else in human history.

But regarding the article specifically, It sounds like they are talking about one specific burial site where they have made this discovery, but you are trying to have that mean that half of all viking warriors were female.

The Roman church annihilated our culture. Men and women of the Vikings were both powerful and self sufficient. They were eventually destroyed and enslaved by Rome.

Did you just assume the gender of those bones?!

Attached: IMG_4188.jpg (562x562, 86K)

>Bury women with shield.
>Press jumps to conclusions that they must have fought with them.
>Ignore every other ceremonial burial custom throughtout the area.

We've had this thread to many times before.

>New study indicates that half of all people in every population in history we're female
Ok

They were called shield maidens, because they carried an extra shield for the men.

Not that powerful then if you were enslaved and your culture erased.

There needs to be more decimation (in the colloquial sense not literal) of weak cultures. They need to be blotted off the face of the earth so only the strong survive

> camp followers

half of the population is female. Who the fuck cares

If they were full of female warriors they'd have lost.

I think this is from 1 burial site, and cultures all over the world in times of great duress would arm every able-bodied person too fight when they were facing total destruction.

Didn't they also have some training to defend homes if needed?
They weren't so much expeditionary, but a defensive force. I believe Ukraine had the same tradition due to so many men dying in wars/being occupied with a war.

Long debunked. Hi Joan.

/thread

at least they were white

and the vikangs almost always lost when they faced an equal force and not defenseless peasants or monks.

I doubt that very much. I know female warriors weren't unheard of, but biological differences are going to play a big role in who's suitable for combat, regardless of the culture.

This sounds like activist research. Rather than structure the conclusion around the results, they cherry pick results that lend themselves to their desired conclusion.

This. The Saxons made lots of documentation of attacks by Vikings and various battles. They never mentioned half of them being female, which is certainly something that you would notice.

YOU BIGOTS WEREN'T THERE TO KNOW WHAT XHER NON BINARY PRONOUNS WERE

did they just assume their gender?

Half of them were below average or something too

Yeah. Plus, just because someone was given a warrior's burial or was buried with weapons doesn't necessarily mean they were a warrior, at least full time. Most of these villages and towns were responsible for their own defense, so naturally everyone who makes it to adulthood is going to be able to contribute to the defense of their home in some way. That doesn't make them a full time warrior though.

Yowza

Very few battles take place between equal forces anyway. It's a moot point. No pun intended.

People generally don't like to risk their lives if they have a 50% chance of losing.

Didn't they cremate warriors and bury everyone else?

That's pretty hot.
>Not getting slaughtered by big tiddy Viking gf

Sounds like a buncha pussies

Varies from culture to culture, which is exactly why the article is horseshit. There wasn't some monolithic "Vikings" culture in real life history. There were a bunch of northern Europeans that worshipped a multitude of various gods inspired by a mixture of germanic and slavic ancestry.

Even if one village out there had 50% female warriors (which is doubtful and certainly not provable), that's still no basis to make the claim that the article does.

I'm not talking about vikings. I'm talking about humans in general. Self preservation instinct is a thing.

Their women are giants.

So Swedes were always cucks? Explains a lot actually.

Just imagine, 100% of women are females! Isn't that surprising?

Sauce. That would explain why the vikings were so bad fighting.

first of all, being buried with weapons may have had religious or cultural significance. That being said, there are many ancient pagan cultures that had female warriors found in graves. Most notably, female warrior Scythian graves which may have given rise to the Amazon legend.
Emerging from the ice age into the early bronze age cultures, women likely hunted along with men. Hunting and gathering was done at the same time, not as different chores.
What if sickness killed the most of the men, or men died in a raid? The survival of the tribe might fall into the hands of a women's ability to hunt.
Women being weak bitches is a modern (post-agricultural) phenomenon.
All this being said. I highly doubt that half of a viking raiding force was half female.
Perhaps the article is conflating raiding vikings with calling all of iron age Scandinavian culture vikings.
Don't let the name confuse you, they carried all they could. Much like Medieval camp follower women. Women and children were the support staff for their fathers, brothers, husbands.

Pretty sure a while ago they said there was less female warriors than they claimed and that the reason they thought that was their feminist bias.

>50% of vikings were women
>100% of women are female
>viking has six letters
>50 divided by six is 8.33333333
>8.3333333 is half of 16.66666666
>666

pizzagate confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=GIl_BNIJcFg

Definitely bollocks. There are surviving contemporary written and pictorial depictions of Vikings, created both by themselves and by others, and someone would have mentioned it.

The Skraeling Saga describes Vikings discovering Greenland and then America, probably Newfoundland, and getting chased off by Skraelings - North American natives. One Viking woman called Freydis grabs a sword off one of the fleeing Viking warriors, gets her tits out, and frightens the Indians away by slapping them with the sword.

And that's it. The only mention of Viking women fighting in Viking history.

Attached: IMG_0128.jpg (683x1024, 216K)

It's like the vikings didn't just sail around, loot churches and sail back home again, but also colonised wherever they went.

They brought holes to fuck for their battles.

>big today viking gf
Thanks a lot, user. Now I'm horny

>They never mentioned half of them being female, which is certainly something that you would notice.
It would have made fighting a ton easier for us thats for sure

Attached: 1480112537927.gif (252x276, 984K)

VIKANKS WUZ FEMINISTZ

Yeah right.

but we're talking about Scandinavians here. The women are usually tougher than the men.

A little history for you: Vikings conquered a piece of France, called "Normandy". They adopted the French culture, and are remembered now as "Normans". They then conquered England, and entirely replaced the upper classes. There have been no such general replacement events since then (though a good deal of England's best have moved on to greener pastures).

Ever notice how England has all of these stupid, ugly, lumpy chavs, cockneys, uprooted peasants, and other lower-class creatures? Those are the descendants of pre-Norman English, and are another race of men.

So: all the stuff that upper-class English have accomplished? Basically Vikings. And you know who founded America? Yup, still those descendants of Normans, the upper-class English: the old Viking stock. And you know who's pretty much in charge of the world to this day?

90% of Chinese are male.

You're an idiot and you actually know nothing about England.

They're still half female. The world is half female. What the fuck, OP.

There is no way any Vikings were female, you're falling for activist revisionism.

even archaeologists understand that swedes are inherently feminine. sad!

Modern meme interpretations make people think Viking = Scandinavian so when people hear 50% of vikings were female they go "no shit" because they think it refers to everyone.

I know that it has deep-seated class divisions for the same reason India does: a strong race conquered a weak race, and even after a thousand years they didn't interbreed too much because who sleeps with the livestock? And I know that democracy makes both ridiculous for the same reason.

What's the matter, Lumpy? Truth hurts?

If that was true, the Vikings wouldn't have last long.

Attached: 1534472720254.gif (400x242, 1.97M)

not true the only evidence of Shield Maidens are the sagas which are mostly legends and one grave that had a female skeleton with shields and weapons.

How the fuck can there be more than one generation of Vikings with no females? Are you retarded?

this, they mention the color of their hair and how tall they were. it would be strange that they all just overlooked the "female warriors"

Vikings were like goblins: they were all born male, and could only propagate through rape.

But there was one hero who would stand against them... the Viking Slayer!

Well we can break it down if you want. Firstly those Normans did indeed replace most of the upper class, but royalty in Europe is very mix it mutt so over the years that family has changed and is very barely Normans now, infact it's extremely English following marriages in the past 100 years. As for the underlings those people descend from the same and similar people to those """""""""Vikings"""""""""" you mention. I used to think they were the leftovers of the Briton underclass pre Anglo-Saxon migration but apparently they have just as much Anglo-Saxon DNA, so i'd argue it's just a by-product of the sudden population explosion after the industrial revolution of the lowest in society breeding to supplement the growing demand of industry. As for the "hurr all the good of [country] went to the colonies" actually the exact opposite is true. Only the worst of the bottom of the barrel of peasants moved to the colonies as they were the only people who had nothing to lose and something to run from. Thats right, you descend from scum, not nobility. You are the descendant of those "lumpy chavs". Embarrassing.

It's a stupid Jewish lie
0 Nordic women were warriors.

this

its literally bullshit fake news that only hollywood and mass-media will believe.

Not going to bother wasting my time explaining the prominent position women had at home in Norse societies. what these people are doing is removing 1 aspect of our species normal behavior (male + female separated duties) and claiming we are the same and that just the patriarchy has been hiding it for all these years.
Fact is most men have gone to war to protect women in the first place (wether it was a real fear is another thing) and the physical capabilities of men are far superior for warfare.

viking doesn't mean all Scandinavian people, pretty sure it literally means "river pirate"

That explains their behavior, it must've been a mutation that caused their descendants in Sweden to only be able to procreate through being raped

yeah fuckin right

>Be Viking
>Not quite as tall or powerful as your kind
>Constantly made fun of for it
>Especially that faggot Torbjaal, keeps calling you 'little woman" every time he sees you
>Finally one day get to fight alongside your kind
>Claim many lives
>die in literal blaze of glory covering the withdrawal of your kind
>Ascend to Valhalla to sit at Odin's right hand, an honored and trusted warrior true
>Your remains are given a good and proper Viking burial after they are recovered
>thousand years later some faggots dig you up and mistake you for a woman
>You can hear Torbjaal laughing at you all the way from Hell.

Suffering.

Actually, I'm Icelandic. We mostly raise sheep and hurl boulders.

Royalty is a separate thing from the upper class, and their breeding habits are very different since their lives revolve around politics. And the early settlers of America were wealthy and connected (they sent out a call for cattle to fill the ranks and factories later on). Your concept of what's happened is all fantasy.

>Only the worst of the bottom of the barrel of peasants moved to the colonies as they were the only people who had nothing to lose and something to run from. Thats right, you descend from scum, not nobility. You are the descendant of those "lumpy chavs". Embarrassing.

But that's a lie too, the colonials tended to be the free farmers who were shut out of power in the homeland, and migrated to the new world in search of big money. Peasants and serfs such as your ancestors didn't have the money or the freedom to go on wild romps around the world.

Except for Australia, since criminals were deported there.

>Actually, I'm Icelandic
>flag
My concept of what happened is absolute fact. Sorry.

Attached: 1500231744611.png (744x650, 184K)

Attached: Mein Kek.jpg (228x309, 15K)

it's an outright lie

men dominate women in all physical competition

We keep detailed pedigrees back to ancient times. Not so assimilated that we've given that up.

IIRC the Vikings buried anyone of note with weapons, as they were headed to Valhalla. This just means there were a bunch of respected women in vikingr

You know what, Vikings didn't even rape, it was Christians who raped. When women are around it's very unlikely they raped.

>bones
>gender

Ummm...no sweetie. Gender is a social construct.

>viking warriors
Owning a sword and shield back then was as common as gun ownership in the modern US... If not more so. The majority of vikings weren't professional soldiers. They rarely fought "wars" as we would define the word. They, like 99.9% of people throughout history, were more interested in making a living. Raiding just happened to be result in significantly more profit than farming or trading, though vikings were actually god tier both of those as well (very few other groups have manage to figure farming at such high latitudes and their trade networks were enormous).

Saying these women were "viking warriors" means about as much as saying that the crips and bloods accepted female members. I suppose the term "viking warrior" sounds cool, but it really doesn't mean much beyond "a Scandinavian with a sword and shield."

Uh, and mental competition...
>gender segregated chess tournaments

Vikings didn't sit down and write anything, they just got shit done instead. The evidence is pretty clear tho, if there are viking graves with females holding shields and swords, you'd think they were warriors, right? It's not like having a vagina stops them from throwing a spear.

Fucking Nazis.

How is this even possible? Anthropologists can look at bones and IMMEDIATELY tell the age and sex.

I once saw a documentary about Pompeii, and the anthropologist had a piece of hip bone the size of a note card. She was able to tell that it was a female, aged about 40 and that she had 3 or 4 children.

This article is horse shit and it's misleading.

I need osteological proofs.
Any body can get trinkets added to a coffin

Attached: 4CDD7B55-3B73-4AEA-8F8C-09C6D7C01EE7.gif (212x150, 592K)

>What does Jow Forums think of this?
Just because women were honored as warriors upon death doesn't mean they actually fought in combat.

"Viking" is not an ethnicity. It is an occupation.

Makes sense. They were their girlfriends. The girls were probably also the cooks.

>never happened before in human history

Several ancient Celtic and Germanic ethnic groups employed female warriors.

Half of the dead ones were female....maybe the male ones were just more likely to survive battle?

Same as now. Culture was destroyed because kings sold out to the invaders.

Most Viking raids occurred after the fall of Rome, during the middle ages.

you know your side lost when Varg Vikernes is your spokesperson

Attached: e7cb1bbb513b06123e521ecd935a697f.jpg (200x200, 17K)

>And you know who founded America?
t. person who never heard of "penal transportation". Also the "pilgrims" that founded America were because Britain told all the religious extremists to gtfo.
The state of Leaf education.

If you actually trust these shit tier sensationalist news sites for reliable info on matters pertaining to any academic subject then you deserve to be fucking shot.

I think it's a bunch of bullshit, but if anyone was gonna field women on the battlefield and it actually work, it would be the Nordic master race.

>WE
Nobody cares about Iceland.

they also didn't need no man and carried the entire tribe's weight

except Viking is a verb, as in 'we are going on a viking'

>There needs to be more decimation (in the colloquial sense not literal)

Yeah, a sign that you are a kike. "OK goys, when we compete using the Culture of Critique and I win, I get to wipe you out. But literal decimation (violence) isn't allowed, even though that's where the goys have an advantage."

Fuck off kike.

VIKINGS BTFO
>VIKINGS BTFO
VIKINGS BTFO
>VIKINGS BTFO

while you white boys had your co-ed sea shanties we god willing took up the sword as the ghazi worriers, mamluks, and other riders spreading the word in all directions
inshallah