Insulin's High Cost Leads To Lethal Rationing

>Diabetic ketoacidosis is a terrible way to die. It's what happens when you don't have enough insulin. Your blood sugar gets so high that your blood becomes highly acidic, your cells dehydrate, and your body stops functioning.
>Diabetic ketoacidosis is how Nicole Smith-Holt lost her son. Three days before his payday. Because he couldn't afford his insulin.

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/09/01/641615877/insulins-high-cost-leads-to-lethal-rationing

Attached: nicole-1-_custom-7b34864d67834d5e02b9e1c6d26f4a65b21a887e-s800-c85[1].jpg (800x597, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fast an cure your diabetes
>stay on expensive insulin
She chose poorly. Sucks to be fat, dumb, and impulsive. Evolution in action.

Do a fucking ketogenic diet then

Americans love to get jewed by big pharma.
If politicians really want to help poor and sick people, legalize grey imports of drugs. Most of those are much cheaper anywhere else in the world.

And maybe outlaw advertising for prescription drugs - but that's an option.
Big pharma controls the media through this money - who ever reported the SSRI use of the latest mass shooter?

This seems to be about a Type 1 diabetic. Type 1 is autoimmune, not the refusal to put down the twinkies. The pancreas just says fuck you, I ain't doin' shit, nigga and lays there taking up space like an actual nigger.

Fat people ruin everything.

Regardless, low carb is pretty much a must for diabetics

Attached: Keto_type1.jpg (1080x1481, 631K)

Imagine being this much of a brainlet.

This is the real answer. Pharma is so over-regulated and anticompetitive it's appalling.

This, but the retards will claim that this is why we need to raise taxes so people can give more money to the pharma monopoly

No. Absolutely not. It's a short term solution that will put him in the hospital.

This, just because she's not fat doesn't mean that an overabundance of them aren't taking up insulin supplies and helping to drive the price up.

Unironically this, I can go to Walmart and buy a months supply of insulin for around $18.
I am on keto except I still eat a small and set amount of carbs a day for weightlifting, it helps tremendously.
>This seems to be about a Type 1 diabetic. Type 1 is autoimmune, not the refusal to put down the twinkies. The pancreas just says fuck you, I ain't doin' shit, nigga and lays there taking up space like an actual nigger.
I am fitter than most people, I got Type 1 as a healthy adult due to my immune system randomly mutating. It sucks, life can sometimes really sucker punch you. It's Type 2 diabetics that are either fat or old, the fat ones shouldn't be given medication.
Also nobody in my family has had diabetes, ever. In my case it likely isn't inheritable.

Attached: 129cf20c725d3c5b3afcbf6e957134b77dd8b9bd6ba76efc7ed2ba3eb47e9d9e.jpg (240x236, 10K)

Explain, leaf. How will not spiking his blood sugar put him in the hospital?

>It's Type 2 diabetics that are either fat or old, the fat ones shouldn't be given medication

Definitely. $200 billion per year to take care of the obese. I'm with you. Fuck that noise. They can put down the fork or die.

That's not ketogenic at all, it's just low carb/carb timing.

Home brewed insulin is on its way.

Is this the culling of the weak thread? We need that thread to move on. I'm a fascist. Hate the weak.

>Fuck that noise. They can put down the fork or die.
Pisses me off talking to fat fuck Type 2's always going on about how hard life is with diabetes. You're 100% correct, all they have to do is put down the fork.
At least the cure is right around the corner for Type 1's. They can inject/transplant the Islet beta cells into your pancreas and it starts functioning like normal again, only downside is that this treatment is temporary as in it will keep you insulin free for a few years. I'd much rather visit a hospital every 2 years than have to inject 2 times a day.
I go out of my way to eat pure Keto on the average day. The one time I eat carbs is in a protein shake, the sugars and protein helps muscles heal and grow faster than without. Fun fact taking insulin makes a person grow muscle mass easier, it's similar to if there were a mild anabolic steroid without the negative side effects. The reason many bodybuilders don't use them is that they'll almost always develop Type 1 diabetes and also many have OD'd and died from going hypo. I don't go as far as some bodybuilders but since I already have Type 1 and know how to dose I can confirm, it does work.
I have been looking into this religiously. I'll likely start making my own so that I can go back to prepping.
I could snap your neck like a chicken. That said Type 2's should be culled, Type 1 is the White man's disease. Many think that the mutation developed when whites were surviving the Ice Age. It's more common in Anglos/Germans/Nords than any other race. Finnish people actually have the highest rates of Type 1 diabetes in the world.

Attached: 1527149404106.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

>Also nobody in my family has had diabetes, ever. In my case it likely isn't inheritable.
Maybe your biological father, Jamal, did.

>an actual redditpost about type 1 diabetes

Fuck off.

>redditspacing with no counter-argument
Kys

NPR specializes in finding victims, that's what they do. Every time I turn on the NPR (which has not been in months), they find the most obscure story about someone whose luck ran out or just by chance got fucked over by life. and they blame "the system."
Every day, since the history of time, someone has died because they cannot afford their medications. It always has happened, it always will. It does not matter how Communist we make America - someone, somewhere, is going to die from lack of medication.

U TTLY PWND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! WAT A FATSO!!!

Had one of those DNA tests done years ago before I knew they could be used against me in court. I look exactly like my White Parents and it stated I was 98% European (West Europe & British) with 2% Egyptian (KANG!!!), 0% Mongoloid, 0% Black, 0% Arab or Jew.
youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
Nice spacing faggot

is it true that diabeetus is harder to manage than HIV these days?

apparently the HIV fags just pop some pills every morning and that's it

this is bullshit, i do agree insulin is expensive as fuck here in america where 2 vials are about 600 in mexico you can get that for less than 100. but if you happen to run out or whatever bullshit, your endocrinologist always gets free samples that they can give away for people that need it. if youre that poor your doctor can also help you get in a contract with the manufacturers to literally get the insulin for free

i know because ive used both ways to get insulin and here i still am. so thats just excuses just like that retard that did a go fund me for insulin. retardedness is the problem not the lack of insulin.
and lastly
>get ketoacidosis
>go to the hospital
>they fix you
>??????????
>profit.

Attached: Dumb-and-Dumber-Napkin-Throw-Restaurant.gif (408x208, 2.28M)

This is just natural selection at work desu.

>already has access to insulin
>"I need more access"

Oh, you think you need tampons for free? Ok, here is the materials needed to make it. See that machine that combines all the materials and makes the tampon? Lean how to operate it. Also, machines break down, you had better learn how to repair it when it breaks down, because all machines break down..."

This "I want it for free because I think I deserve it for free" shit needs to fucking end unless we make these fucktards make the shit themselves. Do these fucking retards really not understand how shit works?

Well it depends on the type of diabetes. Type 2 diabetics that haven't completely ruined their cells' sensitivity to insulin can manage it by taking pills, and can even reverse it if they start eating healthy and exercising. Otherwise they'll likely have to prick their fingers and give insulin injections if their bodies simply can't produce enough insulin to overcome their resistance to the hormone.
Type 1 diabetics are shit out of luck since their body randomly decides to kill off the insulin producing cells in the pancreas, so insulin injections and constant monitoring of blood glucose levels are a must.